Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 9:50:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I own a hacked E4 and am very happy with it and have been following this thread.
I'm ready to order one but I have a couple of questions:

Does a unit ordered today come with 90 degree cables?

Does a unit ordered today have the ability to be upgraded to 30hz if that ability is offered in the future with another model?

Horta, did you ever get a 35mm lens?

Thanks
View Quote

yes it comes with 90 degree cables

unsure what the 30hz is...sorry
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 2:24:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

Skipped the 35mm, went right to the 60mm.

I have a YouTube video with the 60mm lens (also along with videos shot with the 6.8mm and 19mm)

Also, the TA is HARDWARE-LOCKED at ~9Hz. 30Hz is not possible now or in the future.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted: Also, the TA is HARDWARE-LOCKED at ~9Hz. 30Hz is not possible now or in the future.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 12:00:57 AM EDT
[#4]
trackstarpre:  30hz is in reference to the frame rate.  

Thanks for the info everybody.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Went and played with therm-app out at a friends ranch. The first two images look a little grainy but in person the images looked a fair bit clearer. Not sure what was up with that.

1-full grown horse at about 75-100 yards
2- herd of deer at 150-200 yards
3-fire pit
4- showing the excellent image the thermapp can produce
5- few friends. It was a little chilly out as you can tell by their noses.

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have a YouTube video with the 60mm lens (also along with videos shot with the 6.8mm and 19mm)

Also, the TA is HARDWARE-LOCKED at ~9Hz. 30Hz is not possible now or in the future.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Horta, that is not a true statement. This device is entirely capable of 30Hz display at the hardware level. The device was intentionally downgraded to avoid ITAR regs. Didn't FLIR also do this with some handhelds that people were unlocking? Anyhow, Therm App's device is FIRMWARE locked to 8.7Hz at the hardware level. With the right skillset, you could code a new firmware to 30Hz. If Therm App had a US based entity/distributor, they could provide 30Hz firmware in exchange for ITAR paperwork. Since this is a USB Device, I would hope the ability to update firmware would be possible via USB.

This is confirmed by Therm App in like Page 11.
Quoted:
Hi guys.
As promised, I had a chance to sit with the chief product engineer. Here goes:
As Hard_wire stated, we are intentionally limiting the frame rate to 8.7Hz at the device level in order to comply with export regulations. The distortion effect you are witnessing is due to the fact that we are sampling frames at a relatively low rate (every 0.1 second more or less). If within a frame there is relative movement of the camera, the distortion appears. This has nothing to do with the SDK or processor on your phone.
Another thing- in the past, companies such as FLIR actually sampled their detectors in a higher frame rate, but limited the output to match the declared frame rate of the camera. This is not the case with Therm-App, and therefore, in order to achieve a higher frame rate, you will need to use a different firmware device version.
It is probable that a higher rate version would be made available in the near future, but this would have implications in terms of export license, end-user certificate and therefore- delivery time and price to the end user.
We chose a wavy effect over a choppy image. We believed (and still do) that in a night-vision scenario, the worst thing would be to lose track of your object, even for a short period of time.
I hope I was able to answer all questions in this regard. If not, let me know.

I just hope that they unlock the full potential of this device at some point in the future.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 8:17:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the clarification chosos.
That was the question I was asking.

I did use the hacked firmware on my E4 and now have what is essentially an E8 in resolution.
The firmware update is literally 5 minutes from opening the box of a new E4 to updated and rebooted at E8 specs.
The core however is not able to get above 9hz or the hack has not been done and this will not come from FLIR ever.
The guys who did the hack are mostly out of the US so they have no desire to hack it to 30hz and bring down potential problems(and I don't blame them)

I don't have a problem taking a $1K risk to get 30hz but I have no reason to buy the Therm-App at 9hz as it offers me no improvement in capability.
I would rather have a legit unit with no garage hack and a factory warranty.

If the Therm-App rep can ask this question to his corporate guys about a possible firmware update/timeline I would appreciate it.
If this capability is coming I would dump my E4/8 and buy the Therm-App today and wait for the update.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:57:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for the clarification chosos.
That was the question I was asking.

I did use the hacked firmware on my E4 and now have what is essentially an E8 in resolution.
The firmware update is literally 5 minutes from opening the box of a new E4 to updated and rebooted at E8 specs.
The core however is not able to get above 9hz or the hack has not been done and this will not come from FLIR ever.
The guys who did the hack are mostly out of the US so they have no desire to hack it to 30hz and bring down potential problems(and I don't blame them)

I don't have a problem taking a $1K risk to get 30hz but I have no reason to buy the Therm-App at 9hz as it offers me no improvement in capability.
I would rather have a legit unit with no garage hack and a factory warranty.

If the Therm-App rep can ask this question to his corporate guys about a possible firmware update/timeline I would appreciate it.
If this capability is coming I would dump my E4/8 and buy the Therm-App today and wait for the update.

Thanks
View Quote

I have never played with an e4 with hack but here is why I think the Therm-app is a better choice:

1-using a phone means you can take pictures/vid and then share them easily. No special cables or anything.
2- mounting is better. It doesn't have to be hand-held. I prefer it on a small tripod.
3- being 9hz isn't that bad. I don't know what post processing it does...but it is awfully smooth on my galaxy s3
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree on the first two.  There is a way to capture stills on the E4 but no video.
One plus for the E4 is I can go out in the rain without cold sweat on my brow.

Neither is ever going to be a waterproof or bump proof but the E4 is definitely better than anything that plugs into a usb.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 9:23:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Hello all.
As we keep working on the new software update that is coming soon, I wanted to get your opinion on the following issue:
We have successfully completed testing a 35mm lens for Therm-App. It produces excellent quality and about twice the detection range of the 19mm lens.
Here's a quick comparison I did between the two:  
In terms of cost we expect the lens to sell at $600-$800.
The questions:
1. Therm-App owners: Are you in need for a 35mm lens?
2. Will you pay to get your hands on this lens?
Appreciate your two cents on this issue.
Roy
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 9:43:22 AM EDT
[#11]
I would NOT be interested in it at that price. You probably won't want to hear this, but I really wouldn't find it economical to pay more than $300 for another lens, unless it had a massive amount of germanium.

Will the new lens fit any better than the stock lens? Mine is so loose that it wobbles in place. I had to wrap layer upon layer of teflon plumbers tape around it to get it to stay seated firmly.

What is currently being done about the old stock lenses where the lens extends beyond the housing body? Is this also an issue on the new 35mm lens?

Things I'd be willing to pay a few bucks extra for:
30Hz.
An all-in-one device (but I'd like to see it under a $1400 pricepoint and I'd want to see it water resistant and ruggedized - probably something built tough enough for the IDF to use in the field). I see the Micro USB port as a huge liability. I know when I upgrade my devices every 2 years, that port is pretty worn out from repeatedly plugging/unplugging things.

I'm a little bummed to hear so little about anything being done about the current issues while new products are already being made.

I like the device, but I think it still needs some refinements as have been touched on in this thread.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 10:58:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I would not be interested in a 35mm lens at this time. It would be cool to have, but I just can't justify it. Even if it was hundreds less, I probably wouldn't bother.

In reference to the previous post, not saying it's not going to happen, but I've never had a micro USB port go bad yet. I'm usually pretty careful with them though.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hello all.
As we keep working on the new software update that is coming soon, I wanted to get your opinion on the following issue:
We have successfully completed testing a 35mm lens for Therm-App. It produces excellent quality and about twice the detection range of the 19mm lens.
Here's a quick comparison I did between the two:  https://file.ac/RdxpP1dhLqs/19-35.jpg
The questions:
Roy
View Quote

1- I spent last weekend out and about using the Thermapp at a friends ranch and could definitely have used the higher zoom. Thermapp definitely benefits from being on a nice tripod when scanning and I am guessing even more so with the 35mm.

2- I will not be paying for it. The 19mm offers the best "cost/performance" capability. If the Thermapp came stock with a 6.8mm and then I had the option to purchase a 35mm for ~$400-500 or so I would definitely consider it, but as it stands my needs are met by 19mm. I would however, pay for a larger mount or some type of adapter to clamp onto "wider" phones. I use an extended battery on my phone so the mount is not really wrapped around the edge at all.

I will disagree with chosos on making it a dedicated device. I think making it plug and play is genius and the whole utility of the device is anyone with a phone can use it. If you are worried about micro USB ports then you should buy a dedicated phone and only unplug it to charge.

As for it being water resistant and ruggedized, there are phones out there like the s4/s5 active that are water resistant/proof and nice cases. Get a tight fitting USB cable and I don't think there is any reason the device won't be pretty rugged.

I am anxiously awaiting the software upgrade

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

1- I spent last weekend out and about using the Thermapp at a friends ranch and could definitely have used the higher zoom. Thermapp definitely benefits from being on a nice tripod when scanning and I am guessing even more so with the 35mm.

2- I will not be paying for it. The 19mm offers the best "cost/performance" capability. If the Thermapp came stock with a 6.8mm and then I had the option to purchase a 35mm for ~$400-500 or so I would definitely consider it, but as it stands my needs are met by 19mm. I would however, pay for a larger mount or some type of adapter to clamp onto "wider" phones. I use an extended battery on my phone so the mount is not really wrapped around the edge at all.

I will disagree with chosos on making it a dedicated device. I think making it plug and play is genius and the whole utility of the device is anyone with a phone can use it. If you are worried about micro USB ports then you should buy a dedicated phone and only unplug it to charge.

As for it being water resistant and ruggedized, there are phones out there like the s4/s5 active that are water resistant/proof and nice cases. Get a tight fitting USB cable and I don't think there is any reason the device won't be pretty rugged.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hello all.
Here's a quick comparison I did between the two:  https://file.ac/RdxpP1dhLqs/19-35.jpg
The questions:
Roy

I have a dedicated phone for this - Samsung S3 Galaxy with an Anker extended battery case. Buying a "tight fitting" micro usb cable is great in theory, but finding an array of vendors to figure out which is the tightest fitting isn't really viable - you should try finding multiple vendors with dual 90* Micro USB cables.  As mentioned, I also would benefit from a way to clamp down on a thicker phone with a high cap battery - which is why I suggested a Therm-App all-in-one device.

I think the modular design is great for most, but I'd be willing to pay more for a dedicated all-in-one solution if it were more rugged.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 1:06:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I would NOT be interested in it at that price. You probably won't want to hear this, but I really wouldn't find it economical to pay more than $300 for another lens, unless it had a massive amount of germanium.

Will the new lens fit any better than the stock lens? Mine is so loose that it wobbles in place. I had to wrap layer upon layer of teflon plumbers tape around it to get it to stay seated firmly.

What is currently being done about the old stock lenses where the lens extends beyond the housing body? Is this also an issue on the new 35mm lens?

Things I'd be willing to pay a few bucks extra for:
30Hz. <---------- This right here.
An all-in-one device (but I'd like to see it under a $1400 pricepoint and I'd want to see it water resistant and ruggedized - probably something built tough enough for the IDF to use in the field). I see the Micro USB port as a huge liability. I know when I upgrade my devices every 2 years, that port is pretty worn out from repeatedly plugging/unplugging things.

I'm a little bummed to hear so little about anything being done about the current issues while new products are already being made.

I like the device, but I think it still needs some refinements as have been touched on in this thread.

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I've only used my Therm-app a couple times so far but here are my answers/suggestions:

1. For me not with the supplied 19mm lens, if all I had was the 6.8mm then yes I would consider buying the 35mm lens.  In my area the 19mm is sufficient most of the time.

2.  I would consider paying somewhere around $350 for a 35mm.

A couple other things:

• do something with the white Therm-App bar on the screen

• Increase the current 8.7hz

• Make a case that snaps on the camera to give it some dust, water, and bump protection.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 1:29:02 PM EDT
[#17]
$350-450 tops for the lense assuming its built like the current.

Change the UI so it's full screen all the no white bars and just have the camera drawer slide out or something.

US Location for 30Hz

reinforced area for the micro USB cable I might 3D print something that slides over the housing to stop the cable from being able to be pushed around if it gets bumped
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 2:02:49 PM EDT
[#18]
The 19mm lense works well for my needs. 35mm would be a nice extra but I wouldn't spend more than $350 for the option. A full screen view & 30hz for those of us in the US are tops on my wish list.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 5:19:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I am a zoom junkie, I'd probably buy it if it was at the low end.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 5:50:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hello all.
The questions:
Roy
View Quote

$600 is worth it, IMO. The 60mm is balls-out awesome, but at $1500 it's ridonkulous.

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Coming from Horta, that's saying something!
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 10:20:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Thank you for the replies.
As usual, very valuable.
Soon' I'll announce the release of the new Therm-App application version.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 5:04:53 AM EDT
[#23]
An update to our application is now available on Google Play.
We made sure to take into consideration some of the feedback we got from our customers.
Among others, you will find:
1. Bad pixel repair capability
2. A new design to reduce glare- we canceled the white banner and replaced it with a black one
3. Night-vision mode now supports polarity: black hot/white hot
4. A new color pallet was added to thermography
5. You can now have control over watermark appearance on images taken
We hope you'll like it.
Roy
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:36:04 PM EDT
[#24]
ooo cool. Going to update in a little bit
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:40:12 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm with Inteliscope. We manufacture a mounting system and app to attach a smartphone (Android or Apple) to a rifle equipped with a tactical rail. We have been working for months to get FLIR's SDK to see about incorporating the FLIRONE with our app. They were interested in the the beginning, but still no SDK. We were approached this weekend by Therm-app and we now have their SDK today (they are VERY responsive). We've requested sample cameras from Therm-app as well so that we can begin testing for recoil in live fire conditions. The integration of our app with the therm-app seems very interesting to us as it aligns with some of the items on our product roadmap. We'd be interested in hearing if anyone on this forum has integrated our product with the Therm-app and get your feedback. We'd also be interested in hearing what you'd like to see in this integration moving forward.

By the way, we'd recommend using this with only the metal version InteliscopePRO mount. This is our second gen product (we are phasing out the first gen, polymer product, that we build for iOS only--it was NOT a reliable product for shooters).

I'm not sure if this post a violation of forum rules. I will delete this post if it is. Again, very interested in your feedback.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:32:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Shot this video two nights ago, ambient temp was mid-30's F, and it was pitch black outside, I could not see a thing.
Video was taken at about 75 feet from a second story window, with the 19mm lens.

tinypic link
View Quote

man cats are such a-holes
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:03:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm with Inteliscope. We manufacture a mounting system and app to attach a smartphone (Android or Apple) to a rifle equipped with a tactical rail. We have been working for months to get FLIR's SDK to see about incorporating the FLIRONE with our app. They were interested in the the beginning, but still no SDK. We were approached this weekend by Therm-app and we now have their SDK today (they are VERY responsive). We've requested sample cameras from Therm-app as well so that we can begin testing for recoil in live fire conditions. The integration of our app with the therm-app seems very interesting to us as it aligns with some of the items on our product roadmap. We'd be interested in hearing if anyone on this forum has integrated our product with the Therm-app and get your feedback. We'd also be interested in hearing what you'd like to see in this integration moving forward.

By the way, we'd recommend using this with only the metal version InteliscopePRO mount. This is our second gen product (we are phasing out the first gen, polymer product, that we build for iOS only--it was NOT a reliable product for shooters).

I'm not sure if this post a violation of forum rules. I will delete this post if it is. Again, very interested in your feedback.
View Quote

Cool. So are you going to try to make your own app, independent of the one provided by Therm-app, that will look similar to the one you have now but instead of using the phone's camera, it will use the thermal image provided by the Therm-app itself? Do you think it will be possible, and will Therm-app let you remove the header that is on their app now?

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:20:46 PM EDT
[#29]
We are planning to incorporate Therm-app's SDK into our app. So at the press of a button on our HUD (with the Therm-app camera attached), you'll get the Therm-app video feed instead of standard video. You'll have the reticle overlay over the top of the Therm-app feed. You'll also be able to utilize our bullet drop compensation capability that adjusts the reticle position accordingly.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 7:13:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
An update to our application is now available on Google Play.
We made sure to take into consideration some of the feedback we got from our customers.
Among others, you will find:
1. Bad pixel repair capability
2. A new design to reduce glare- we canceled the white banner and replaced it with a black one
3. Night-vision mode now supports polarity: black hot/white hot
4. A new color pallet was added to thermography
5. You can now have control over watermark appearance on images taken
We hope you'll like it.
Roy
View Quote

hell yeah GREAT update.

1-I haven't had to use the dead pixel repair...come to thing of it I have never seen a dead pixel while using the Thermapp.
2-Thanks for making it a black header bar, it really does cut down on screen brightness.
3-The black hot white hot works perfectly and I can see the utility of wanting to switch between them.
4-I finally have predator vision

Thanks guys! Everyone that I have let play around with my Thermapp is instantly jealous!

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 7:16:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Still want MANUAL CALIBRATION...

...BADLY!

Using a Butler Creek flip cover for mine.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:38:40 AM EDT
[#32]
I noticed there is no notification pop up text to indicate a picture has been successfully taken. Not a big deal but it was something I found handy to have.

I love the reverse black white and black banner.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:39:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Still want MANUAL CALIBRATION...

...BADLY!

Using a Butler Creek flip cover for mine.

View Quote

What exactly is manual calibration? How does that work?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I noticed there is no notification pop up text to indicate a picture has been successfully taken. Not a big deal but it was something I found handy to have.

View Quote

We do have a notification when a snapshot is taken. Take a look at the bottome of the screen. You should see a "Image Captured" message.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 2:12:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

We do have a notification when a snapshot is taken. Take a look at the bottome of the screen. You should see a "Image Captured" message.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Therm-app,  how much longer until price increases because I am $300 shy from placing order?  Thanks
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:36:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just tried it and it no longer says "image captured". I get a light blue square around the capture button but no other confirmation.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:56:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I just tried it and it no longer says "image captured". I get a light blue square around the capture button but no other confirmation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not even getting that. As I tap the button, the only indication that I get is a faint audible "click" sound.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 2:42:57 AM EDT
[#38]

Therm-app,  how much longer until price increases because I am $300 shy from placing order?  Thanks
View Quote

We will announce it soon. Probably beginning of December.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 2:43:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm not even getting that. As I tap the button, the only indication that I get is a faint audible "click" sound.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alright. Let me double check.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:30:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I checked again on multiple devices. The app works as planned, with a notification when an image is taken.
Anyone else experienced this issue?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:34:06 PM EDT
[#41]
I also have this issue. I have it on a Samsung S3.

I can try it on my HTCOne M7 when I get home. It wasn't a big deal because I know it works when I click it because the button still has a visible action.

Therm App, is this the only platform you guys plan on using, or are there any future plans of making a Bluetooth version or a version capable of taking an external power source?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:45:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I can try it on my HTCOne M7 when I get home. It wasn't a big deal because I know it works when I click it because the button still has a visible action.

Therm App, is this the only platform you guys plan on using, or are there any future plans of making a Bluetooth version or a version capable of taking an external power source?
View Quote

We are always thinking on future versions. Right now we are brainstorming regarding future directions, so any additional ideas would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:35:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I checked again on multiple devices. The app works as planned, with a notification when an image is taken.
View Quote

Just tried my Galaxy S4. I had the same problem. When hitting the shutter button I get a momentary blue box over the button I'm touching, but other than that no way of knowing that the picture is being taken.

I tried the video, I get the blinking red light in the upper right corner. A counter so you know how long the video you're taking would be nice. I don't remember if it had that prior to this last update.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:36:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

We are always thinking on future versions. Right now we are brainstorming regarding future directions, so any additional ideas would be appreciated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I'd like a way to switch between night vision and thermography without having to go into the menus.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:26:35 AM EDT
[#45]
@. Inteliscope, how much room is there with your mount and the thermal-app. Looks from the pictures that it wouldn't fit with camera and on the rail at the same time.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:06:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just tried it on my other phone, a Moto X, and it does work correctly and says "image captured". But when I use it on a Moto G which I use as a dedicated phone for the Therm-app, all I get is the click sound and no other notification. That doesn't make sense as I would expect that would be a function of the app, and not dependent on the phone. If it works on one, it should work on all. When I get a chance, I'll completely remove the app from the Moto G, do a clean install, and see if that takes care of it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:20:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Has anybody thought about using Therm-app + Android Stick + mini monitor to make a thermal monocular?  In other words, I would like to mount TA at the end of the monitor (see link below), then connect the TA to Android Stick.  From Android stick, a HDMI to RCA then plug into monitor.

I wanted to hear what you guys think before I commit to this project.  (I plan on getting TA regardless)

Android Stick
http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/mini-pcs/rk3188-android-mini-pc

1.5" monitor
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291289359647?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:31:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Has anybody thought about using Therm-app + Android Stick + mini monitor to make a thermal monocular?  In other words, I would like to mount TA at the end of the monitor (see link below), then connect the TA to Android Stick.  From Android stick, a HDMI to RCA then plug into monitor.

I wanted to hear what you guys think before I commit to this project.  (I plan on getting TA regardless)

Android Stick

1.5" monitor
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291289359647?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649
View Quote

Interesting. I'd like to see someone do that. I'd also like to see someone mount one to a quadcopter and have it broadcast in real time. I know nothing about quadcopters and how it's done, but I'm sure there must be some way to do it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:00:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Android Stick

1.5" monitor
View Quote

you still need a touch screen to control the therm-app, no?

I think a better idea would be a "case" shaped like a flir e4. handgrip, mount for the therm app on front, mount for a phone as a display, and a "hood" with a viewfinder

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:54:42 PM EDT
[#50]

Did you notice any difference?

I'm using an app call Ultimate Rotation Control to force Therm-App rotate 180 deg, so both micro-USB port on my recycled-phone and TA are on the same side.
Other screen rotation app might do the same trick as well.

Therm-App, please build screen rotation setting into app.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top