Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 3:06:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JoshAston:

2) either way, something has to belong to the trust though.  If it's the same gun that's on the Form 1, include a note that it's currently a Title I firearm just to prevent any confusion.  I have had an issue with that in the past.  If you're submitting a Form 4, do not add the item to the Schedule A until you get your approved form back.
View Quote

Has anyone ever had a Form 1 rejected for not having the title 1 item already listed in the schedule A beforehand when submitting the forms to the NFA branch?

I've already got items listed in my trust from previous F4 transfers so 'funding' the trust isn't the issue, but since I'm planning to submit multiple F1s at the same time I prefer to not list them all on the trust up front for my own reasons if it isn't necessary.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 8:26:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#2]
Need help with a Form 1 question. I am going to SBR a Zastava M92 pistol via a trust. I read here...

http://beta.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=17&t=310018

that importer engraving info should go into 4H. As such, I put the following into 4H....

C.A.I., Georgia, VT (importer name and location)

That info (minus the part in parentheses of course) is currently engraved on the receiver when imported. Does it go in 4H or should I put nothing in 4H? Drop the descriptive parentheses part? Any/all advice is appreciated...

I can't submit until 6/12 anyway...so for now I've printed up one that has Zastava, Serbia in 4a and the above in 4h.....and a second one with the CAI stuff in 4a and 4h blank. There seems to be conflicting info on the www about this, even amongst people that have got stamps.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 8:50:55 PM EDT
[#3]
On my S12 I put Izhmash, Russia in 4a and Russian American Armory Corp in 4h.  No issues.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 10:31:35 PM EDT
[#4]
rgr, thanks for the input!
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 3:56:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By scul:
I've looked through most of this thread, and didn't see my questions asked (filing as an individual, btw):

1.  The name I engrave has to be exactly the same as the name I put in 3b, correct?  If so, is it acceptable to put First Last as my name, or does it need the middle name (full or initial?) also?

2.  I am going to build an SBR off an Anderson lower.  Under 4a, should I put Anderson Mfg. as is on the receiver, or Anderson Manufacturing, which is their legal name?  I assume it's the latter.

Edit:
Looks like my second question was answered just two posts up by JoshAston.  Doh!  Seems that the former Anderson Mfg. would be acceptable.
View Quote

Quote as it seems my question was lost on the last page
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:17:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I am still not clear on section 4h.

Leave it blank or fill in with Trust Name City and state?

I am seeing conflicting answers on this.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By Beast666:

View Quote
Please leave it blank...

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Beast666:

View Quote

Unless you are using an imported firearm, leave it blank.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 9:43:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm mailing off two form 1's this week.  One check or two?
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By m6z:
I'm mailing off two form 1's this week.  One check or two?
View Quote

Doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 10:09:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -GunNutJuell-] [#11]
If I have previously sent in a copy of my trust when I purchased a silencer from a dealer, do I need to include another with my form 1 for SBR?
I was told when buying the silencer, that from now on if I bought another silencer I don't need to send in another copy of the trust.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 10:31:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By -GunNutJuell-:
If I have previously sent in a copy of my trust when I purchased a silencer from a dealer, do I need to include another with my form 1 for SBR?
I was told when buying the silencer, that from now on if I bought another silencer I don't need to send in another copy of the trust.
View Quote

Yes. Send it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:55:59 AM EDT
[#13]
I have just created my trust. I am going to apply for my first form 1. Since I have no NFA items yet, do I send in a blank schedule A, no schedule A, or what?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:15:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Catbert:
I have just created my trust. I am going to apply for my first form 1. Since I have no NFA items yet, do I send in a blank schedule A, no schedule A, or what?

Thanks
View Quote

Put something in the schedule A.  A dollar bill, a Title I firearm, whatever.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:20:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Will do,

Thank you
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 1:42:05 PM EDT
[#16]
My first time in my schedule A I originally placed the firearm in I was sending the form 1 in on but had pending under date entered trust.  That worked fine
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 2:13:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DigDug] [#17]
Question that has probably been answered but...

If I am submitting a form 1 with a trust, do I need to submit fingerprint cards?  I would think no, but want to triple check.

Also, can I submit multiple form 1s in the same envelope with one check?  Or do they have to be separate?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 2:28:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: November5] [#18]
Originally Posted By DigDug:

If I am submitting a form 1 with a trust, do I need to submit fingerprint cards?  I would think no, but want to triple check.

Also, can I submit multiple form 1s in the same envelope with one check?  Or do they have to be separate?

Thanks!
View Quote

No fingerprint cards, and yes you can use multiple forms with one check.  Just make sure it's not one $200 check, has to be enough to cover each form.

ETA:  If you're using a trust, why not just e-file?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 2:30:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DigDug] [#19]

No fingerprint cards, and yes you can use multiple forms with one check.  Just make sure it's not one $200 check, has to be enough to cover each form.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks!

Also a copy of the trust paperwork must be included too, I would assume.  Or a copy per form 1?

Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 2:33:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Also a copy of the trust paperwork must be included too, I would assume.  Or a copy per form 1?

Thanks for the info!
View All Quotes

Thanks!

Thanks for the info!

One copy will suffice.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

This x 1,000,000.

If you still decide to go paper, make sure to send two copies of the F1, printed front & back. Single sided copies will be returned to you.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Another question:

For the copy of the trust being sent, does it need to be 100% of your original document to include such pages as, "Revised Schedule A", "Resignation of Co-trustee", "Bill of Sale", etc.? These are extra pages to be used as necessary, they are not filled in - I don't think they are needed for sending in, but I don't want to get rejected for something like this.

Thanks again

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:23:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Catbert:
Another question:

For the copy of the trust being sent, does it need to be 100% of your original document to include such pages as, "Revised Schedule A", "Resignation of Co-trustee", "Bill of Sale", etc.? These are extra pages to be used as necessary, they are not filled in - I don't think they are needed for sending in, but I don't want to get rejected for something like this.

Thanks again

View Quote

Just the trust document itself and the schedule A.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By BigWaylon:
This x 1,000,000.

If you still decide to go paper, make sure to send two copies of the F1, printed front & back. Single sided copies will be returned to you.

View All Quotes

This x 1,000,000.

Some of us mailed in Form 1s the day SBRs became legal in WA - 12 days before eForms were back up.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Just the trust document itself and the schedule A.

Awesome -- Thanks again for the help!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:26:20 PM EDT
[#26]
I want to SBR my Colt 6920 SOCOM (M4A1 Rollmark)

Would I use "Colt M4A1" as the make and model?  "Colt 6920"?

The M4A1 rollmark is throwing me for a loop here...
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By wareagle30:
I want to SBR my Colt 6920 SOCOM (M4A1 Rollmark)

Would I use "Colt M4A1" as the make and model?  "Colt 6920"?

The M4A1 rollmark is throwing me for a loop here...
View Quote

I don't know for sure.

However, if it was in EForms, I'd put exactly what was engraved on the side, and attach a picture of the engraving.

If it's a paper form, is be tempted to do the same thing. At least with the paper, you'll be able to fix it if they don't like it, and it'll only add 2-3 weeks to the process.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 11:01:31 PM EDT
[#28]
This question is for those of you that have eFiled a Form 1 and had it accepted/stamp received.

I just got an email from the ATF stating that mine was accepted.
Attached to the email was a PDF copy of my application with a picture of a tax stamp.

my question is: is that it? am i good to go ape shit on this dream build? or will i be receiving an actual stamp in the mail?

thanks-
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 11:33:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By CharlieHorse95:
This question is for those of you that have eFiled a Form 1 and had it accepted/stamp received.

I just got an email from the ATF stating that mine was accepted.
Attached to the email was a PDF copy of my application with a picture of a tax stamp.

my question is: is that it? am i good to go ape shit on this dream build? or will i be receiving an actual stamp in the mail?

thanks-
View Quote

I haven't received any e-forms back yet, but from researching it, that's it.  You won't be getting anything in the mail.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 7:59:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#30]

I haven't received any e-forms back yet, but from researching it, that's it.  You won't be getting anything in the mail.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CharlieHorse95:

I just got an email from the ATF stating that mine was accepted. Attached to the email was a PDF copy of my application with a picture of a tax stamp.

Well, since CH95 doesn't meet your qualifications, I'll add my reply.

You're good to go. That's all you'll get. If it has the stamp, the Approved box checked and an examiner's signature, build away. Only reason I'd hesitate is if you had the DRAFT watermark across the form. It happened to all 5 of mine (both F1s and F4s). When they reset it, the date changes...which is why I'd wait. But, if you have no watermark at all, that form is "done" as far as the ATF is concerned. Enjoy it!
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 4:36:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By JC10311:

I wasn't quite sure on that answer either.  I put in .308 because that's the actual caliber and not the name of the round.  I have no idea which is correct.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Nutro:
I want to SBR a 300BLK and I am filling out my Form1. In the caliber section so I just type .300 or 300BLK or 300?

I'm not sure what to type there as I am new to SBRs and 300BLK

I wasn't quite sure on that answer either.  I put in .308 because that's the actual caliber and not the name of the round.  I have no idea which is correct.

Similar question. I'm about to submit a Form 1 for a 6.8 SBR, which will probably be in 6.8 ARP. Is "6.8mm" good enough for box 4-c? Also doing a 9mm and wrote 9x19 in box 4-c on that form.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 5:02:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#32]
Originally Posted By eric496:

Similar question. I'm about to submit a Form 1 for a 6.8 SBR, which will probably be in 6.8 ARP. Is "6.8mm" good enough for box 4-c? Also doing a 9mm and wrote 9x19 in box 4-c on that form.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eric496:
Originally Posted By Nutro:
I want to SBR a 300BLK and I am filling out my Form1. In the caliber section so I just type .300 or 300BLK or 300?

I'm not sure what to type there as I am new to SBRs and 300BLK

I have an approved eForm that simply says 6.8 in the box (I know I chose 6.8 and mm from the dropdown). Same thing with 9mm.

For a 300BLK, just put 300. My paper form says .300 Blackout and was approved.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#33]
This was from EForms, but you'd hope paper forms were consistent.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:40:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Just got denied, WTF. "NAME OF APPLICANT DIFFERS FROM ESTABLISHED LEGAL NAME OF TRUST - TEC"

everything is identical to my approved pair form 1s

how do I correct and re submit, or do I have to start over?
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By CrazyWhiteGuy:
Just got denied, WTF. "NAME OF APPLICANT DIFFERS FROM ESTABLISHED LEGAL NAME OF TRUST - TEC"

everything is identical to my approved pair form 1s

how do I correct and re submit, or do I have to start over?
View Quote

Doesn't matter if it matches other approved forms, does it match the trust document. I had my first two paper F1s approved, then the next two eF1s disapproved and two paper F4s error letter sent. Same trust, same applicant name.

I'm guessing it was an eFile? Based on TEC being Ted Clutter. Refile with the correct name, and then send him an email with the old and new control numbers, plus an explanation, and it'll probably be approved within 24 hours based on recent examples.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Dumb questions.. do you still submit 'Certificate Of Compliance' if you using a TRUST and EForms filing of Form 1??

My trust (I just got) uses a 'Assignment to the XXX NFA Trust' sheet listing vs. a 'Schedule A'..

Make/Model/Serial

Also, I am guessing I should list my new PAP M92 pistol on that.. since that is the soon to be SBR'd item.??

I read only to list 1 item per submission..other says list NOTHING..  

Do I need to keep a master list (and would that be on the same Assignment form??)
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:01:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By RGIFFOUR:
Dumb questions.. do you still submit 'Certificate Of Compliance' if you using a TRUST and EForms filing of Form 1??
View All Quotes

You can, but it's not required. Here's the snippet from the sticky on how to fill out an eForm:

The other commonly asked question focuses on the need for a Certification of Compliance, the form known as the 5330.20. It is not required for an entity. A lot of people fill it out anyway when they mailed in their paper forms, just in case. I did that on my first two. However, the ATF addressed this in one of their earlier EFORMS bulletins. The screen shot below has some good info, and the top-right section answers the 5330.20 question:

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:25:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RGIFFOUR] [#38]
Thanks BigWaylon. I read there was an issue with payments thru the EFormto .gov.. any tips on that (I think someone thanked you for help with that)??

Since I am EFiling my Form 1 am I to guess just a scan of the 'Trust' all signed and notarized is all I need.. and not one that says 'True Copy' like 2008..
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:28:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Thanks BigWaylon. I read there was an issue with payments thru the EFormto .gov.. any tips on that (I think someone thanked you for help with that)??

Since I am EFiling my Form 1 am I to guess just a scan of the 'Trust' all signed and notarized is all I need.. and not one that says 'True Copy' like 2008..
View Quote

Pay.gov often takes a while to use. Browser also makes a big difference.

You need the whole trust, including all pages that are signed and notarized as well as Schedules, etc. I don't know anything about one saying True Copy.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks again. Now to round up 2 witnesses and head to local bank for notary.

Does anyone know if TX for trusts requires this?? The company that drew up the trust said they do it that way for all so the trust would/should be valid in all 50 states.

I noticed my included Assignment to the XXX Trust page and Schedule of Beneficiary page has 2 witness signature spots as well.. thinking thats overkill. I dont need witnesses to know what the trust has.

I see nothing in the body of the trust as to witnesses being needed. Guessing I can modify those forms as the trust says I can revise it.??
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 5:37:05 PM EDT
[#41]
I just made copies of my trust documents.  Do I need a notary to specify a true copy or will a copy suffice?
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#42]
If your E-Filing then you will simply scan in the notarized original TRUST you got with signatures and upload.

I just did mine on the 10th.. just waiting now..
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By fortxmajor:
I just made copies of my trust documents.  Do I need a notary to specify a true copy or will a copy suffice?
View Quote

Copy is fine. I've had paper forms and EForms approved with a "regular" copy of the trust showing signatures and notary stamps.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:14:30 AM EDT
[#44]

Copy is fine. I've had paper forms and EForms approved with a "regular" copy of the trust showing signatures and notary stamps.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fortxmajor:

I have also.fixing to send in another ,I hope nothing has changed ..
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:24:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: azmp5] [#45]
*1st nfa item so please bear with me.  Looking to SBR my HK sl8 (g36).  I filled everything out and am doing e=file.  I have the SL8 funding the trust and it is already on the SCHEDULE A INITIAL TRUST FUNDING.  

do i need to put the sl8 also under the REVISED SCHEDULE A TO <insert nfa trust name here> or is it fine just as the trust funding?

EDIT:  well it must have been ok cause I got the green box and it went through with no issues.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:44:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZCOP] [#46]
Edit:
Wrong Thread

Jay
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By AZCOP:
I just got my SBS approval: 28 days.

Says DRAFT: I can live with it.

I noticed items 10 and 11 on page 2 are blank.
I don't have my original submission to compare to.

Trust or no trust, wouldn't those questions have been answered?
If covered previously, apologies.

Jay
View Quote

Get the watermark fixed. It's a known defect.

You were never asked the questions for 10 & 11. That's why they're blank. There's no need to fill them out for either EForms or paper form (same goes for F4). Remember, your trust was the applicant, not you. Your trust can't answer those questions...as it can't be an illegal alien, can't be addicted to illegal drugs, or have been dishonorably discharged, or have renounced its citizenship, etc.  Same reason you don't send in a 5330.20 form when the applicant is an entity.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:34:02 AM EDT
[#48]

You were never asked the questions for 10 & 11. That's why they're blank. There's no need to fill them out for either EForms or paper form (same goes for F4). Remember, your trust was the applicant, not you. Your trust can't answer those questions...as it can't be an illegal alien, can't be addicted to illegal drugs, or have been dishonorably discharged, or have renounced its citizenship, etc.  Same reason you don't send in a 5330.20 form when the applicant is an entity.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZCOP:
I just got my SBS approval: 28 days.

Says DRAFT: I can live with it.

I noticed items 10 and 11 on page 2 are blank.
I don't have my original submission to compare to.

Trust or no trust, wouldn't those questions have been answered?
If covered previously, apologies.

Jay

So if you travel to another state with a trust-filed SBR there is no need to file a 5330.20? Sorry if this is a dumb question. Considering a trust again.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:53:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#49]
Originally Posted By Morg308:

So if you travel to another state with a trust-filed SBR there is no need to file a 5330.20? Sorry if this is a dumb question. Considering a trust again.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Morg308:
Same reason you don't send in a 5330.20 form when the applicant is an entity.

Read it again.

You don't need to send the 5330.20 (Certification of Compliance) with an entity application. The 5320.20 for interstate transport is required for any SBR/SBS/MG/DD.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Just got my stamp (sbr) in  the mail yesterday. First stamp on first attempt with no corrections using a Trust and this thread as a guide. Took under 5 months. Just want to say thanks for the posts you made this a hell of a lot easier than I ever thought it would be.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top