Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 48
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So nobody is willing to pull a screw from their TR and measure it for us?

PLEEEEEASE! [/quot

Ordered mine from Savage directly.Two action bolts,Two screws 10 bucks shipped.Will post

measurements when I get them.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 11:34:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I just bought an FVSR 16.5" with threaded barrel and I must say I'm very pleased with it.  It's got the el-cheapo stock but I may try and get the "Tacticool" stock from Boyd's.  Wolf match and Eley match shoot one hole groups at 25 yds.  Havent shot it further yet.  The finish is crappy but I've already got plans to sand it down, blast it and hit it with some KG gunkote.  For $279 I couldn't be happier.

DOC
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 12:39:47 AM EDT
[#3]
LOOOVVVVEE mine
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 7:58:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So nobody is willing to pull a screw from their TR and measure it for us?

PLEEEEEASE! [/quot

Ordered mine from Savage directly.Two action bolts,Two screws 10 bucks shipped.Will post

measurements when I get them.

Tried to use their part finder, but I don't even have the gun yet to put the serial # in. I suppose I'll ust have to give them a ring, thanks!
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a chance to handle a TRR in a store last night and I'm hooked.  My 10/22 was starting to get a little boring anyways.  

I'm pretty sure I want a 22" TR or TRR, but I have no need for the trirail that's on the TRR.  Is it removable?  I think I'd prefer a threaded muzzle in case I move to a free state, but I don't think the TR can be had threaded.

Also, stock color - is Dick's the only one selling the tan stocked TRs?

Lastly, is anyone making a single shot mag insert for these?  (ETA - NM, found one: http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322361 )

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#6]
To minimize bullet deformity for accuracy I would assume? Not like you can modify the OAL of a .22

I have the Tacticool stock, extra mags, rings, and an optic. Still waiting on my shop to get me the one I ordered. Claim they can't find it at any of their dist. SO IMPATIENT!
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
To minimize bullet deformity for accuracy I would assume? Not like you can modify the OAL of a .22

I have the Tacticool stock, extra mags, rings, and an optic. Still waiting on my shop to get me the one I ordered. Claim they can't find it at any of their dist. SO IMPATIENT!

Yep - plus a single shot block slows me down some and makes me more deliberate.  I do it all the time with my R700 and wish I could do it easily with my 10-22.

Apparently the tan is Dick's and the green is Cabela's.  I'll save about $100 if I just go black from Bud's, I can always paint the stock later if I want.

I think I'm going to order one!

Link Posted: 3/18/2011 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's my FVSR

I have all the part numbers from Savage to change from the crappy synthetic stock to the Tacticool, if anybody wants them, let me know and I'll post them.

The action screws for the synthetic stock are the same screws that fit the Tacticool stock.
Link Posted: 3/19/2011 12:04:33 AM EDT
[#9]
My black TR should be here from Bud's next week.  Now, to decide on glass...
Link Posted: 3/19/2011 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Here's my FVSR

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c124/GAcop/003.jpg

I have all the part numbers from Savage to change from the crappy synthetic stock to the Tacticool, if anybody wants them, let me know and I'll post them.

The action screws for the synthetic stock are the same screws that fit the Tacticool stock.

Please post them...thanks.
Link Posted: 3/19/2011 9:51:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's my FVSR

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c124/GAcop/003.jpg

Please post them...thanks.

#100264- rear trigger guard screw 5/32 hex

#105757- trigger guard hi-luster (they have a matte black, I didn't know this when I ordered)

#108015- magazine plate MkII e-receiver, black oxide

#700688- mag plate screw, blued

#106875- take down screw Boyds stock, 2 required (these are the same that came on my synthetic stock FV-SR)

Everything was $40 shipped from Savage. I don't know the part number for the matte trigger guard.
Link Posted: 3/19/2011 10:04:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I picked up an FV SR a few weeks back and love it.  Today while at Cabellas I picked up this beauty:

17HMR  Hope to try it out tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/20/2011 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I picked up an FV SR a few weeks back and love it.  Today while at Cabellas I picked up this beauty:

Very nice!  If I end up liking my new .22LR TR, I could see having a .17HMR TR in my future...

Link Posted: 3/20/2011 7:00:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I decided to jump on the sale Natchez is having on the Bushnell 3200 10x40 - I can always adjust parallax if needed.

Is anyone running one of these on a DIP or EGW rail?  I'm trying to figure out what I need to order for rings that will allow as low of a mounting as possible with a set of Butler Creek flip-ups.
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 9:25:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought the earlier FVSR from last year. The only differences are the newer has a 1 piece scope rail, fluted barrel, and tactical bolt knob. Wish I could buy that bolt knob cheap.

FVSR. This will be my next .22LR.

Me too.
Link Posted: 3/22/2011 12:04:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That's a beauty.....What do you have it scoped with?
Link Posted: 3/22/2011 1:13:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a beauty.....What do you have it scoped with?

Nikon ProStaff  4-12x40 BDC.  It's works pretty good.  I got it pretty much sighted in @50 yds, but it was too windy to try for 100.  I'll have to go back when I get a chance and finish sighting it in.  Wish they made 10 round mags for it, like the .22.

Link Posted: 3/22/2011 1:28:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought the earlier FVSR from last year. The only differences are the newer has a 1 piece scope rail, fluted barrel, and tactical bolt knob. Wish I could buy that bolt knob cheap.

FVSR. This will be my next .22LR.

Me too.

I got the same one.  

After aboout 10 minutes of work.(cutting off old knob, then threading to fit new knob) I ended up with this.

Link Posted: 3/23/2011 1:28:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Forgive me for asking..if this is a dumb question. Whats the difference between the FV & FV-SR??
The FV has a longer barrel, and the FV-SR has a short barrel with a rail...thats all.
And the MSRP is $288 compared to $315 for the FV-SR.

I think I might end up going with a FV...I like the 21" barrel.
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 8:09:25 AM EDT
[#20]
SR = Suppressor ready = pre-threaded barrel.

If you can't/don't want to/won't own a suppressor, then no need for the 'SR' variants.
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 10:31:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Ah..that explains the shorter barrel. I was thinking SR might be "sight rail"  lol.
Looks like i'll be sticking with the FV
Link Posted: 3/25/2011 8:50:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Anybody with a TR that is running a Super Sniper 6x or 10x?  

I'm trying to figure out what height rings to use with a SS using a DIP 25 MOA base - I'd ideally like 1/8" barrel clearance from the Butler Creek front flipup.  I'd prefer ordering rings at the same time as the scope, otherwise I'll have to order the scope, measure when it gets here and then order rings.

I ended up sending the 3200 10x40 back because of no AO.

Link Posted: 3/25/2011 3:14:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm trying to figure out what height rings to use with a SS using a DIP 25 MOA base - I'd ideally like 1/8" barrel clearance from the Butler Creek front flipup.  I'd prefer ordering rings at the same time as the scope, otherwise I'll have to order the scope, measure when it gets here and then order rings.

Depending on brand, but I would say low rings would be best.
Link Posted: 3/25/2011 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Man I want one of these FVSR's but I can't find them anywhere; online or local.
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Update: I found a guy on another forum that's running a 10x42 SS on his TR with a DIP 25 MOA base and he used Burris Xtreme lows.  I just ordered the same.

Link Posted: 3/26/2011 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
LOOOVVVVEE mine
http://i.imgur.com/qsLAE.jpg

What scope is that?
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 9:40:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOOOVVVVEE mine

What scope is that?

bump, I want to know too.
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 9:48:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOOOVVVVEE mine

What scope is that?

Looks like this one:  Primary Arms 4-14x44

Link Posted: 3/31/2011 10:56:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOOOVVVVEE mine

What scope is that?

Its a Barska SWAT Scope

Heard mixed reviews about it, but honestly i love it so far.

Link Posted: 4/1/2011 3:14:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Can anyone confirm that the TRR-SR has the synthetic stock?  I called Savage yesterday and a girl said that both TR and TRR has same wood stock with texture paint,  Savage website clearly list one is made out of wood and the other has synthetic.  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Can anyone confirm that the TRR-SR has the synthetic stock?  I called Savage yesterday and a girl said that both TR and TRR has same wood stock with texture paint,  Savage website clearly list one is made out of wood and the other has synthetic.  Thanks

Website fail - they are both wood, I've seen inside a brand new TRR stock.

Link Posted: 4/2/2011 9:44:17 PM EDT
[#32]
just bought mine yesterday, the rifle looks and feels incredible.
Link Posted: 4/3/2011 10:08:05 PM EDT
[#33]
3 x 9 scope work?
Link Posted: 4/3/2011 10:25:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Both are Boyds' Tacticool and are wood.

Link Posted: 4/5/2011 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Man I want one of these FVSR's but I can't find them anywhere; online or local.

I wanted an FV SR and looked all over and could not find one.  So, I "bought" a CZ452 threaded off of GunBroker.  When I called to provide my payment and FFL info I was talking to this guy/gunshop below.  They had 2 FV SRs in stock.  They now have one FV SR in stock and I won't be getting that CZ452.  I will be getting that FV SR.  Some body else may want the second rifle so I am listing the contact information here if somebody wants to call and order the other.

Jensen Arms
285 E East 29th St
Loveland, CO 80538
970-667-7727
Fax 970-461-7749
[email protected]
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:03:44 AM EDT
[#36]
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=224005414

I have listed a link for the other rifle above.  I do not have any personal contacts at the company I listed it here as several persons seem to be looking for this rifle.
Link Posted: 4/9/2011 12:11:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Thanks for the lead (it's even local to me!) but I'm still looking for the newer version with the rail and larger bolt handle.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 8:34:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Thanks for the lead (it's even local to me!) but I'm still looking for the newer version with the rail and larger bolt handle.

I took the one you are looking for home today and I have already mounted my Leupold VXII 4-12x40 with adjustable objective on it.  The rifle looks pretty nice.  I am off tomorrow so if it is not raining I am going to the gun range to shoot it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2011 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Way to rub it in really good there. Congrats on finding one; looking forward to your range report.
Link Posted: 4/12/2011 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/12/2011 10:20:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What's the best optic for one of these beast guns?

Mueller AVP or tactical mil dot
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 2:45:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOOOVVVVEE mine

What scope is that?

Its a Barska SWAT Scope

Heard mixed reviews about it, but honestly i love it so far.

http://i.imgur.com/0EuWc.jpg

What's the ring height on that scope?  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 12:13:04 PM EDT
[#43]
My gunshop FINALLY got one in. It was the right model and everything (not the Lipsey's one). I bought a Millett TRS-1 just for this rifle. Probably going to end up swapping it out for my VXII 6-18 AO, but I figured I'd give it a shot. The TRS-1 is meh. But for a .22, it should do fine.

ETA: Bought 1/2" (med) burris rings, but the rail on this thing is SO high, I had 0.4" of bell clearance, trading for low rings, which should leave about 0.15" clearance, perfect.

The first thing I noticed out of the package and a good cleaning.

- The bolt is sloppy, not unlike a lot of savages out there. If you cant the rifle so that the handle is even slightly skywards and try to push it home, it'll bind. This was WELL greased up too with Rig that I use for break in process.
- The trigger is AWESOME for a stock .22. Even at the lowest setting it's still heavy, but VERY crisp. I'm sure with some screwing with the springs and wet sanding I can get it down to the 1-1.5 lb area
- Stock is crap. Absolute crap. I have no idea why the BOLT FV-SR is $10 MORE than the SEMI TRR-SR with the better stock and a more complex action. WTF Savage?

And of course now that I actually have the gun, Stockys is sold out of blued/black bottom metal. Looks like a can of spray paint and I have an appt.

Did anyone have the non-rectangular 'magnum' plate on theirs? 99.9% mine was completely squared up and not trapezoidal.

ETA 2:  Called without my serial # (DUMB, HAVE THAT IF YOU CALL SAVAGE, THEY CAN CHECK RECEIVER TYPE) but I told her it was the squared up mag well. The plate, trigger gaurd, and TG screw was like $37 shipped. Added 2 Mags @ $14 or $15 piece and came to $66.

So to re-cap:

TRR-SR :$475

FV-SR: $275
Stock:  $105
Parts:  $ 37
––––––––––––––––––––––––
FVR-SR ;) $417

The only difference being the forward rail on the TRR-SR for NV optics. But honestly, looking at it, unless you ran an aimpoint or small RDS, your optic would cover the whole rail anyways.
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 7:27:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Yay Bud's has them in stock again. Link for those still looking. My order has been placed; off to the suppressor forum for some research.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 12:10:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Savage must have just shipped a bunch as my dealer's wholesaler got a few in last Thurs/Fri
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 8:39:15 PM EDT
[#46]
I joined the club Friday, My dealer was setting up for the gunshow I stopped by to BS at his table when I saw the two FV-SR's sitting there they were both gone in 10 mins

Link Posted: 4/17/2011 9:28:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Damn, this thread has me feeling like I copied everyone else.  I purchased mine .17 from buds several months ago.  I then hopped on that SWFA deal for the Vortex and had to add EGW base so my Leupold rings would work.  I finally got to sight it in yesterday.  It was pretty wet and nasty out but I think I'm going to love it once I get to stretch it out a couple hundred yards or so.  I put it together to take to South Dakota for some prairie dog hunting later this year, when the hell will savage make 10+ round mags??

Link Posted: 4/18/2011 7:48:51 AM EDT
[#48]
They do make a 10 rounder.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 6:37:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Where o you find the long 1913 rail for scope mounting
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 1:43:10 PM EDT
[#50]
they come on the FV-SR or you can get them from EGW
Page / 48
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top