Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 48
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh OK I guess I'll post a pic of mine too again. Redid the factory crap stock and did the metal in Gunkote. This thing is stupid quiet with Wolf match ammo, it keeps them subsonic.  Sub-MOA at 100 yds ona calm day  The other day I was shooting spent shotgun shells at 100 yds with pretty regular hits.  

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 9:20:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate all of you and want to light every single one of you in this thread on fire.....

Now I know what I'm going to be buying next.  Another MKII and a 22LR can....thanks a lot assholes
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 3:17:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is mine !

Only problem is waiting for my nephew to finish !

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 4:19:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I like my FVSR but I absolutely hate the stock it comes in I think I'm going to get a stock off of the BV for it I didn't like how the tacticool felt on the 16'' gun.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 4:46:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I like my FVSR but I absolutely hate the stock it comes in I think I'm going to get a stock off of the BV for it I didn't like how the tacticool felt on the 16'' gun.

I know what you mean about the stock, too bad they don't design it for scope use.
I wish Hogue made an overmold stock for it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I  a few 6 x 24 x 50 scopes but i read over in the optics section that a 50mm lens was too large and would have to much over bore for a .22 ???
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 4:05:38 AM EDT
[#7]
What are they getting for the 10 round mags that fit the TRR-SR ?

Link Posted: 5/16/2011 1:25:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I've picked up a few of the 10rd mags in town for 15$ new.
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 9:49:32 PM EDT
[#9]

I have this model rifle with a BSA Catseye 4x16x44 scope but I cant find any rings locally that are low enough to get a good cheek weld to the stock it seems that the base is adding to the height. What options do I have to help lower the scope height ? Or raise my cheek weld up...
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 12:08:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4082/5412508326_8da2b94f26_z_d.jpg

I have this model rifle with a BSA Catseye 4x16x44 scope but I cant find any rings locally that are low enough to get a good cheek weld to the stock it seems that the base is adding to the height. What options do I have to help lower the scope height ? Or raise my cheek weld up...

I'm thinking about the same issue as I wait for my rifle.  

On the first page you can see the camo rifle has two rails which come on the TRR? and are very low.

Does anyone have the part number for those?

Pic added,
This is what I'm talking about,
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/17/2011 11:43:11 PM EDT
[#11]
That is low i wonder what bases he used ?
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 2:35:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Theyre Burris Xtreme Tacitcal 30mm Rings lows
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 3:32:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/0EuWc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lWWUg.jpg

That thing looks badass, and your range is awesome.

The rails are the ones that came with the rifle?
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rails? what Rails?
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 4:02:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rails? what Rails?

the two small rail sections which your Brurris Xtreme Tactical 30mm Rings (low) attach to.

Link Posted: 5/18/2011 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rails? what Rails?

OH lol, wow, yah, came with the rifle. Its honestly the best .22 for the money.

I think i spent a little over 750 on the whole thing by the time it was done.  Far better/more fun then my
regular MkII
the two small rail sections which your Brurris Xtreme Tactical 30mm Rings (low) attach to.

Link Posted: 5/18/2011 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rails? what Rails?

OH lol, wow, yah, came with the rifle. Its honestly the best .22 for the money.

I think i spent a little over 750 on the whole thing by the time it was done.  Far better/more fun then my
regular MkII

Fantastic thank you.
Now I know what to ask for when I give Savage a call.

Looking forward to this build. Waiting on a FV-SR and have a Tacticool in the mail.

Link Posted: 5/18/2011 9:10:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Mine came with a tall ass one piece weaver style rail...What bases do i need to get to lower it down ?
Link Posted: 5/20/2011 10:57:48 AM EDT
[#19]
FYI, The FV-SR is back in stock at Buds if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 5/20/2011 9:21:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Ordered mine today.  Can't wait.
Link Posted: 5/22/2011 12:16:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Mine, has an EGW 20 MOA base on it now. Haven't quite gotten the accuracy I want out of it yet so far, around .44 with Wolf Match at 50 yards is the best it's done. Rem Subs get .55 or so. Need to try more ammo

Link Posted: 5/22/2011 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#22]
I just ordered a TRR-SR on Friday. My FFL found one for $407. I couldn't pass it up, now I can't wait!!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2011 3:50:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I have had a MKII since before it was cool to have a MKII.

This is one of my buddy with a nice CA jackrabbit he got with my MKII while we were out calling coyotes.

I have two Pre-Accutrigger, Pre-Ereceiver guns, they have both proved to be very accurate and a lot of fun.

Off a bench at 100ys the bull barreled one will sometimes shoot Rem Goldenbullets in a less than 1inch 10shot group!
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 10:54:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Finally got some range time with the Savage MkII TRR SR. I was impressed with the accuracy of all the ammunition utilized and was especially surprised by the 60 grain Aguila Super Sniper ammunition. This particular barrel seems to stabilize that round at least out to 50 meters.

Burris Extreme Tactical Rings

Vortex 6-24x50 mildot

SILENCERCO Sparrow

Ammo tested

CCI mini-mag high velocity. Rounds 26-30 through weapon at 50 meters

Remington sub-sonic. Rounds 31-35 through weapon at 50 meters

Aguila 60 grain Super Sniper. Rounds 36-40 through weapon. Dirty bird...on the dirty bird target...was the target at 50 meters. I was very happy to get this kind of accuracy with the ammunition running suppressed. Most of the noise was the heavy round hitting the 1/2" plywood backer for the target.

Link Posted: 5/25/2011 10:18:52 AM EDT
[#25]
TAG FOR PICS. (can't get to a photo hosting site at work)
Got mine in the Boyd's stock, slapped on a TRS-1 in the very same Burris xtreme low rings, harris bipod, etc. Sighted it in on targets once, but I use it to shoot my steel popper out at 150 yards. Does it with unfaltering reliability with CCI Blazers even. Very impressed so far. Might have to get a new rail as I've just about max'd out the elevation adjustment at 150 yards.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 12:38:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Got mine in the Boyd's stock, slapped on a TRS-1 in the very same Burris xtreme low rings, harris bipod, etc. Sighted it in on targets once, but I use it to shoot my steel popper out at 150 yards. Does it with unfaltering reliability with CCI Blazers even. Very impressed so far. Might have to get a new rail as I've just about max'd out the elevation adjustment at 150 yards.

pic yet?
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 12:38:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

pic yet?

Link Posted: 5/30/2011 12:44:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

pic yet? i'm an idiot! triple tapped it. my bad

Link Posted: 5/30/2011 3:12:12 PM EDT
[#29]
I love my TR MkII. I like this stock for prone shooting because the grip fits my hand nice. The thumb hole stocks are just a little off for me when prone.

I have 3 Savage rim fires and they are very good rifles. I have two .22s and a 17hmr, very happy with all of them.
Link Posted: 5/31/2011 9:03:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I love my TR MkII. I like this stock for prone shooting because the grip fits my hand nice. The thumb hole stocks are just a little off for me when prone.

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/15359E9goP/11553075.jpg

I have 3 Savage rim fires and they are very good rifles. I have two .22s and a 17hmr, very happy with all of them.

scope?

Link Posted: 5/31/2011 9:23:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Here is my MkII. I use it with the Boy Scouts for the rifle merit badge so it has stayed irons. I have been told that they are going to revise the requirements to shot with optics so I will need another AVT or APT.  

Link Posted: 6/1/2011 7:09:41 AM EDT
[#32]
ordered a bushnell elite 3200 series scope for mine when they went on sale on midway, another member has the same scope

fixed 10x40 mill dot with target knobs

also ordered some burris extreme tactical rings
Link Posted: 6/1/2011 3:06:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

scope?

Mueller 8-32x44 Target scope. Very happy with it. All three of my Savage rim fires have that scope on them.

Pic of my 93r17 BTV on the bottom and my MkII BV which is now in a Boyd's thumb hole. Cheap and fun to shoot.

Link Posted: 6/1/2011 10:57:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

scope?

Mueller 8-32x44 Target scope. Very happy with it. All three of my Savage rim fires have that scope on them.

Pic of my 93r17 BTV on the bottom and my MkII BV which is now in a Boyd's thumb hole. Cheap and fun to shoot.

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/15359E9goP/1146068.jpg

Cool man, thanks.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My gunshop FINALLY got one in. It was the right model and everything (not the Lipsey's one). I bought a Millett TRS-1 just for this rifle. Probably going to end up swapping it out for my VXII 6-18 AO, but I figured I'd give it a shot. The TRS-1 is meh. But for a .22, it should do fine.

ETA: Bought 1/2" (med) burris rings, but the rail on this thing is SO high, I had 0.4" of bell clearance, trading for low rings, which should leave about 0.15" clearance, perfect.

The first thing I noticed out of the package and a good cleaning.

- The bolt is sloppy, not unlike a lot of savages out there. If you cant the rifle so that the handle is even slightly skywards and try to push it home, it'll bind. This was WELL greased up too with Rig that I use for break in process.
- The trigger is AWESOME for a stock .22. Even at the lowest setting it's still heavy, but VERY crisp. I'm sure with some screwing with the springs and wet sanding I can get it down to the 1-1.5 lb area
- Stock is crap. Absolute crap. I have no idea why the BOLT FV-SR is $10 MORE than the SEMI TRR-SR with the better stock and a more complex action. WTF Savage?

And of course now that I actually have the gun, Stockys is sold out of blued/black bottom metal. Looks like a can of spray paint and I have an appt.

Did anyone have the non-rectangular 'magnum' plate on theirs? 99.9% mine was completely squared up and not trapezoidal.

ETA 2:  Called without my serial # (DUMB, HAVE THAT IF YOU CALL SAVAGE, THEY CAN CHECK RECEIVER TYPE) but I told her it was the squared up mag well. The plate, trigger gaurd, and TG screw was like $37 shipped. Added 2 Mags @ $14 or $15 piece and came to $66.

So to re-cap:

TRR-SR :$475

FV-SR: $275
Stock:  $105
Parts:  $ 37
––––––––––––––––––––––––
FVR-SR ;) $417

The only difference being the forward rail on the TRR-SR for NV optics. But honestly, looking at it, unless you ran an aimpoint or small RDS, your optic would cover the whole rail anyways.

Do you have the part numbers for the parts you had to order?
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#36]
How do i get the parts to finish my mkII boyds tacticool stock swap ? Trigger guard floor plate and what else ?
Link Posted: 6/26/2011 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Very Nice!
Link Posted: 6/29/2011 2:00:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Here are a couple of pix of my refinished FV-SR.
I had it parkerized then moly coated Field Dark Earth(FDE)
The thin factory blueing wore pretty quickly, I only have about 4k rounds through it. A friend of mine has a full setup for refinishing firearms and does mine occasionally :D
I wish I had a little rubber stamp of a fox and a cat to mark on the stock its kills but it wouldn't have enough room on the stock already !
I really needed to raise the comb otherwise with a good cheek weld I was looking at the back of the bolt.
I also added an inch of foam between the stock and pouch.
Now it fits perfect.

Link Posted: 6/30/2011 10:55:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Nice rifle,the Tacticool stock will fix you cheek weld problems.
Link Posted: 7/2/2011 8:04:39 PM EDT
[#41]
I've had my MkII FV-SR for a week now and am pretty happy with it...except for the stock. This gun shoots extremely well with CCI mini mags.

Savage MkII with YHM Suppressor

Link Posted: 7/23/2011 9:41:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Dumb question guys but what size are the action screws? 10-32? 12-28? I need to get longer ones for my mark II.

NM.. 12-32 these are not easy to find...
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 11:08:49 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

ordered a bushnell elite 3200 series scope for mine when they went on sale on midway, another member has the same scope

fixed 10x40 mill dot with target knobs

I've one also, very very fun!

Link Posted: 7/25/2011 9:14:14 AM EDT
[#44]
I am trying to figure out the best ammo to use.
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#45]
I have a serial number that will allow you to look up parts on the savage website to finish your boyds swap. IM me if you want the ser #
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Gung_Ho_Guns
see my post on the 1st page , that target was shot using wolf match. i have also used the Lapua center X but its too pricey so I just got it once to see what the rifle could do. I do shoot the normal walmart bulk also at about 1moa
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 2:50:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Was in Dick's the other day and bought their TR with scope for 399. I did not have a mount to mount a good scope so I used the one marked 'China 3x9".
It is on a little crooked but had enough adjustment to zero. I wanted to shoot, and did.
Some nice 1/2" groups with CCI ammo @ 50yds. Bipod / body.
CCI Subs were awsome on clay fragments left on the berm about 96yds. out. About a 6" hold.
Happier than more than half of my CZ purchases. I have had two CZ rifles that shot as described in the threads. This is my second Savage and two for two now.
I like this rifle and have another on order, another variant of the TR.
Link Posted: 7/30/2011 1:46:30 AM EDT
[#48]
I have not zeroed mine yet and even with a bsa scope and weaver rings I can hit what I am shooting at. I think that is awesome for a Budget .22 setup.
Link Posted: 7/30/2011 6:52:11 AM EDT
[#49]
ordered my tacticool from boyds yesterday and a 20moa EGW base  
Link Posted: 7/30/2011 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I picked up an FV SR a few weeks back and love it.  Today while at Cabellas I picked up this beauty:

17HMR  Hope to try it out tomorrow.

Very nice!  If I end up liking my new .22LR TR, I could see having a .17HMR TR in my future...

Lol, I just did this!! I got my TRR-SR in about a month ago and love it so much I just traded my old Savage 93R17 plus a little cash for a brand new TR chambered in 17 HMR!! Can't wait til it gets in!!!!
Page / 48
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top