Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 153
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 11:02:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ToyCop:
Nothing too fancy, but it holds what I need. My med pouch rides on my vest.

Volund Gearworks belt. Safariland holster, cuff, and baton holsters. G Code mag pouch. True North Modular holster adapter and leg strap.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/18568/0E6F649C-299C-46D1-923A-943615E73A61_jpe-2176498.JPG
View Quote
I have that belt; slick idea with the zip ties.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 11:22:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Glocked:

I’ve been super happy with my CTS Burrito . Several ways to mount it depending on preference. I believe they sell it with medical supplies too if you don’t want to build your own. The empty pouch comes with an aLOKSAK so it’s easy to make what you want in it fit in it.

From what I’ve seen in this thread most mount their holster around 3:00 and mags between 8:00-10:00, myself included.
View Quote

Thank you. I like this one. I’m gonna order it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 11:26:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

13'er might wanna check out all of the "in theatre" threads and take note of Esstac gear in them.
View Quote

There are PRC communist made  i-phones "in theatre" too.

"in theatre" is completely irrelevant to the question, is their gear completely NIR treated or not, buckles, hardware, fabric, webbing, real NIR AOR2, etc.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 1:19:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ar15city:

"in theatre" is completely irrelevant to the question, is their gear completely NIR treated or not, buckles, hardware, fabric, webbing, real NIR AOR2, etc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

13'er might wanna check out all of the "in theatre" threads and take note of Esstac gear in them.

Oh boy
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 2:18:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: esstac-] [#5]
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 3:55:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 4:46:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

Not a pic but you can see where everything is in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7__caC06co

That's what I have on that belt
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mudholestomper:
I’m still trying to figure out medical. I would like to have a pouch that’s small and light and that I can attach a tq to. There’s so many options out there. I’m also wanting to be able to get the medical supplies that go in the pouch from the same vendor. I’m a bit overwhelmed by it all, but I’m learning.

Thoughts?

ETA: Also, I see lots of pics of belt layouts, but not a lot of people actually wearing them.

I’m getting ready to start assembling my belt and, without having to go back and scroll through page after page (which I’ll get around to), I’m wanting to see where folks are positioning their holsters and magazine pouches.

Do you want the holster to drop directly down in line with your femur?  It looks like folks prefer the pistol pouches at around 10 o’clock, with a rifle pouch at 9. Does that sound right?

Again, this is my first piece of gear and first belt, so I appreciate y’all’s help with all of my noob questions.

Originally Posted By flgfish:

Same here.  Burrito works well.

Thanks for sharing. You run really well. Do you mind me asking how old you are in this video?

Is this idpa?
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Thanks for sharing. You run really well. Do you mind me asking how old you are in this video?

Is this idpa?
View All Quotes
I’m still trying to figure out medical. I would like to have a pouch that’s small and light and that I can attach a tq to. There’s so many options out there. I’m also wanting to be able to get the medical supplies that go in the pouch from the same vendor. I’m a bit overwhelmed by it all, but I’m learning.

Thoughts?

ETA: Also, I see lots of pics of belt layouts, but not a lot of people actually wearing them.

I’m getting ready to start assembling my belt and, without having to go back and scroll through page after page (which I’ll get around to), I’m wanting to see where folks are positioning their holsters and magazine pouches.

Do you want the holster to drop directly down in line with your femur?  It looks like folks prefer the pistol pouches at around 10 o’clock, with a rifle pouch at 9. Does that sound right?

Again, this is my first piece of gear and first belt, so I appreciate y’all’s help with all of my noob questions.

Originally Posted By flgfish:

Same here.  Burrito works well.

Is this idpa?

Thanks, I'm 37. This was just a few months ago.

It's a local match. Some stages are more idpa, some more steel challenge, some uspsa.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 5:58:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Is this idpa?
View Quote

Videos of people actually using their gear should be much more common.

Link Posted: 12/13/2021 1:39:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BPR] [#10]
I don't have many videos, but here's one from a Run and Gun back in February.  Had to have bowling ball "leash" in hand for all pistol targets, and then hang on 2x4 before moving to rifle position.  I am short enough it just sat on the ground, so no big deal.

This was stage 5 or so of 7 or 8.  I had run about 4+ miles before getting to this one, so forgive me for moving a little slow to the truck.  I'm just glad I didn't face plant into the tailgate.

Heartbreak ‘21 Run and Gun
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 2:47:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I could shoot some video of my ass rolling around on patrol. I will say I'm not thrilled with the G code mag pouches. I'm moving gear around because my mags keep getting knocked out entering and exiting the vehicle.  They are adjusted as tight as I can get them and the mags still pop out.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 6:38:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#13]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:

@Glocked or whoever, any idea what size belts the burrito will fit on?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Glocked:

I've been super happy with my CTS Burrito . Several ways to mount it depending on preference. I believe they sell it with medical supplies too if you don't want to build your own. The empty pouch comes with an aLOKSAK so it's easy to make what you want in it fit in it.

From what I've seen in this thread most mount their holster around 3:00 and mags between 8:00-10:00, myself included.

@Glocked or whoever, any idea what size belts the burrito will fit on?

@Lancelot
Mine is mounted via the dedicated belt loops on my 2” belt. So, up to at least 2” with those. The pouch also has laser cut molle between the belt loops, I’d imagine between malice clips or velcro one wrap you could mount it pretty securely to just about any size 2 piece belt.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By BPR:
I don't have many videos, but here's one from a Run and Gun back in February.  Had to have bowling ball "leash" in hand for all pistol targets, and then hang on 2x4 before moving to rifle position.  I am short enough it just sat on the ground, so no big deal.

This was stage 5 or so of 7 or 8.  I had run about 4+ miles before getting to this one, so forgive me for moving a little slow to the truck.  I'm just glad I didn't face plant into the tailgate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUoiPG1qUgg
View Quote
I would hang out with you guys
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 7:11:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I have my Burrito mounted on a Blue Alpha standard 1.75” belt with one wrap.  It would be very easy to adapt to smaller or larger belts.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:36:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks. We were thinking about 2.25" police duty belts.
View Quote

I'll post pics of it on my safariland 87 tomorrow
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 1:46:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: northcoastwizard] [#18]
New and old range belts
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

I apologize in advance for asking but I can't make heads or tails of these comments.  I've been buying Esstac pouches and was under the impression their gear was US made.  Is this not true?
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 11:02:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 11:07:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By esstac-:

esstac pouches are made in Myanmar by a 8700 year old family of Pygmies.  Their family crest as painted on cave walls is "three mini members touching"
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Piratepast40:

I apologize in advance for asking but I can't make heads or tails of these comments.  I've been buying Esstac pouches and was under the impression their gear was US made.  Is this not true?

esstac pouches are made in Myanmar by a 8700 year old family of Pygmies.  Their family crest as painted on cave walls is "three mini members touching"

Link Posted: 12/16/2021 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

I think I will put in another order. Of course if you guys could get the xl belts on your laser cutter... many pygmies would be fed faster.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:01:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#26]

@PFran42

What is on the left? Nasal airway? Something else?

TIA

View Quote

@Lancelot

Correct. Nasal Pharyngeal Tube (28FR) and the little tube of jelly that comes with it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:38:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks, what's next to it?
View Quote

@Lancelot
(To the right of the Nasal Pharyngeal Tube) Zip-Lock baggie with extra gloves.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:40:00 PM EDT
[#29]

First two XL just came off the laser about 5 minutes ago
View Quote

LOL well Dan lied to me then. Time to fire Dan hahahahaha. Can't wait to get one.

Don't fire Dan.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 1:21:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Attachment Attached File

Current belt setup
Ronin Shuto belt
Trex arms TQ holder
esstac pistol/M4 mag holders
Spiritus Systems water bottle w/holder
BFG dump pouch
LBT med pouch
SilencerCo suppressor holder
Safariland holster  
True north concepts holster adapter w/leg strap

Link Posted: 12/24/2021 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Hey fellas (and ladies).  Question on mounting the True North Concepts MHA to my Safariland 6395 RDS.  I'm finding, in my initial efforts to line things up, that I'm having to use no spacer on the bottom hole of the holster and the 2 largest spacers on the top 2 holes in the holster in order for the MHA to not push against the curved piece of plastic that is scxrewed to that same side of the holster.

I installed a nub mod and had to shave down some the plastic around where the ALS lever rides back and forth to allow for the lever to move smoothly.  No big deal.  But if the MHA touches that piece of plastic at all, it will press against the nub mod/ALS lever and it won't move.

No biggie, that's what the spacers and extra hardware is for.  The only thing I'm concerned about is not having a spacer for the bottom screw.  I'll probably end up using a thin nylon washer, so not a huge deal either.

So now to my question.  Can y'all share some pics of how you've got your holster mounted to your MHA?  I'm just curious if there's a better way.  I'm also curious if any of y'all just remove the piece of plastic from the holster altogether.  I'm headed out for Christmas mass and dinner with family, so I'll post pics later of what I'm talking about.  

The piece of plastic I'm referring to looks like it's there to keep things from falling into the holster and jamming the ALS on the side of the holster nearest your body (for righties).  It may also be used for indexing on the draw or reholster, but I'm guessing.  It's attached with 2 screws right under where the ALS lever sticks out of the top of the holster.  

I'd like to keep it, but perhaps there's a better way.  Or perhaps using the MHA is overthinking on my part and I should just keep the Safariland UBL that it came with.  But that would allow the holster to move around on the belt, it seems.

Anyways, I hope y'all can show me how you've attached your MHA to your Safariland and I hope even more that you and your are having a very Merry Christmas!!!
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#32]
You talking about the piece that protects the button from a bad guy engaging it from the front?  I took that off.  Are you running the QLS?  I haven't had any issues running the True North and QLS on two different belt setups.  But I don't have a setup where the holster is mounted directly to the True North adapter.
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 1:57:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By JASIRR:
You talking about the piece that protects the button from a bad guy engaging it from the front?  I took that off.  Are you running the QLS?  I haven't had any issues running the True North and QLS on two different belt setups.  But I don't have a setup where the holster is mounted directly to the True North adapter.
View Quote

Yes, I believe that’s the piece I’m talking about. I don’t have a qls attached to my holster, but I imagine that it would act as a big spacer and give the MHA the clearance I need to mount the holster and keep everything intact.
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 11:20:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 11:43:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 12:34:41 PM EDT
[#37]

Congrats!
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 3:06:21 PM EDT
[#38]

Is that a safariland holster?
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 3:14:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By jjgrappler:

Is that a safariland holster?
View Quote

Midwest tactical
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Attachment Attached File

New belt for Fieldcraft survival class next month
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 12:52:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Castrolr1:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147035/20211231_134446_jpg-2223322.JPG

View Quote

Are those malice clips holding your pouches on?  If not, what are they?

If so, I'm curious why you run them around the whole belt as opposed to using the molle?

I'm setting up my first belt right now.  I used malice clips to attach my pistol pouches and will use them for the m4 pouches.  I keep hearing people say they rub or poke them, but I ran them through the molle and they don't rub me at all because they are attached to the outside of the outer belt.  I have the same belt that you do, just in multicam.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#42]

If so, I'm curious why you run them around the whole belt as opposed to using the molle?

I'm setting up my first belt right now.  I used malice clips to attach my pistol pouches and will use them for the m4 pouches.  I keep hearing people say they rub or poke them, but I ran them through the molle and they don't rub me at all because they are attached to the outside of the outer belt.  I have the same belt that you do, just in multicam.
View All Quotes

Esstac belt lops
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#43]

Esstac belt lops
View All Quotes

Esstac belt lops

Thanks for the link. Is there a benefit to using something that goes around the belt as opposed to attaching to the molle?

I would expect that it’s probably stronger, since molle is simply sewn on. Do the esstac loops allow the pouches to move around on the belt?
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 2:36:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Castrolr1] [#44]

Thanks for the link. Is there a benefit to using something that goes around the belt as opposed to attaching to the molle?

I would expect that it’s probably stronger, since molle is simply sewn on. Do the esstac loops allow the pouches to move around on the belt?
View All Quotes

Esstac belt lops

This one has velcro on the inside for support.  And yes you can move the mag holder where you want then smash the velcro down around it.

EDIT..  sorry you said you have the same belt...  i missed that...haha
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 7:51:27 PM EDT
[#45]

This one has velcro on the inside for support.  And yes you can move the mag holder where you want then smash the velcro down around it.

View All Quotes

Esstac belt lops

No worries and thanks for the reply. I have a True North Concepts MHA as well. I ended up clamping it over the whole outer belt. Seems like it’s made to do that and I wanted my holster attached to the belt and not just the molle.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 11:03:47 PM EDT
[#46]

Esstac belt lops
View Quote
those are what I used before I switched over to onewrap. they work pretty well. the onewrap is more solid though.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 11:38:52 PM EDT
[#47]

No worries and thanks for the reply. I have a True North Concepts MHA as well. I ended up clamping it over the whole outer belt. Seems like it’s made to do that and I wanted my holster attached to the belt and not just the molle.
View All Quotes

Esstac belt lops

I may change mine from the molle now that you said that
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:25:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Going down the belt road finally.

I got a Blue Alpha Gear inner EDC belt and AXL eclipse belt on the way.

Now the wait begins.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 11:34:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By cheezzyizill:
Going down the belt road finally.

I got a Blue Alpha Gear inner EDC belt and AXL eclipse belt on the way.

Now the wait begins.
View Quote

Have you checked the tracking number today..??
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#50]

Have you checked the tracking number today..??
View Quote

Lol. I just ordered them last night.

They're on the way in a sense.
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top