[Last Edit: Pleaforwar] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Inimicalone:
Any suggestions on a medkit?
Edited for spelling.
View Quote

Coyote Tactical Solutions STOMP

BFG Micro Trauma Kit Now!

I have the Coyote Tactical. Almost feels non-existent when driving, easy access, great profile.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 11:50:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stoner01] [#2]
Attachment Attached File

@esstac- is this better?
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 11:58:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Pleaforwar:

I have the Coyote Tactical. Almost feels non-existent when driving, easy access, great profile.
View Quote

Thanks! I'll check those out.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 6:38:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: acegunner] [#4]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I run the BFG Micro TKN!  and really like it. It is great for sitting down and is accessible with both hands. It is very small, but will hold the essentials. It is not for first aid kit stuff (boo boo kit) it is for stopping bleeding or other "you're gonna die" supplies. I bought the empty one and loaded it like BFG does for the most part.
QC combat gauze,  hyfin chest seals (2 compact) pressure bandage, gloves, chest decompression needle and NPA (airway). You can mount your tourniquet hanging below it with the BFG hammock, or in another spot on your belt that is readily accessible with both hands and does not need to be taken out of a med kit.

ETA: pic of kit mounted. I run my TQ on my belt , but in the pic above your last reply, you can see Stoner01 has his mounted in the hammock that hangs below the TKN! You mentioned you had a small waist and less belt real estate,  so that would probably be your better option. And no, the TQ is not impeded by the gun or med kit while wearing it. Just looks that way laying flat. It is clear when it wraps around me

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/18/2021 6:48:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By acegunner:

I run the BFG Micro TKN!  and really like it. It is great for sitting down and is accessible with both hands. It is very small, but will hold the essentials. It is not for first aid kit stuff (boo boo kit) it is for stopping bleeding or other "you're gonna die" supplies. I bought the empty one and loaded it like BFG does for the most part.
QC combat gauze,  hyfin chest seals (2 compact) pressure bandage, gloves, chest decompression needle and NPA (airway). You can mount your tourniquet hanging below it with the BFG hammock, or in another spot on your belt that is readily accessible with both hands and does not need to be taken out of a med kit.
View Quote

This. See my post above for a tkn on a belt
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

That velcro setup is how Eagle does it.

There's technical reasons for it not just comfort. Putting hook on the inner belt spreads the hooks open allowing it to grab the loop of the outer belt better.

If it was reversed, the hooks would collapse and hold less secure.

Loop on the outer belt reduces abrasion to dry suits and CBRNE suits compared to hook.

From a design standpoint its better. Just sucks when you're not wearing the outer belt.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PFran42:
GBRS Group is made up of former DEVGRU operators. That's "worth" at least $50 right off the bat. The way they differentiate (somewhat - Eagle does the same thing) is to put the hook side of the Velcro facing outwards on the inner belt. Reasoning is that it is less irritating should you not don the outer belt perfectly and have a multi-hour infil where you are sardined into a UH-60. The other "value add" is that it is sold as a 3 piece system. Inner belt, inner belt cover and outer belt.

GBRS video on the belt in question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZGafeKDaNI

Side note:

Some of the GBRS ex-DEVGRU guys are running Esstac KIWYs. Way to go @esstac- @RyanEsstac!

That velcro setup is how Eagle does it.

There's technical reasons for it not just comfort. Putting hook on the inner belt spreads the hooks open allowing it to grab the loop of the outer belt better.

If it was reversed, the hooks would collapse and hold less secure.

Loop on the outer belt reduces abrasion to dry suits and CBRNE suits compared to hook.

From a design standpoint its better. Just sucks when you're not wearing the outer belt.

Loop wears out faster than hook, though. The inner belt is usually easier to replace than the outer belt.

I've also never had any issues as far as security of the hook to the loop with the hook on the outer belt, so that's not really an advantage for me or I think most people.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:14:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Hook on the inner belt was done at the request of serveral units for exactly the reasons I stated. I'm friends with the designer of the Eagle belt and was laid out why exactly they did this when I too complained about it.

The loop on the inner belt is great for the average guy driving to the range who doesn't want the velcro sticking to his seat fabric or Teeshirt.

Pick your poison, but when you're a professional who wears drysuits, CBRNE gear, need better retention of the belts for helo retention and fatigue runners while fast roping and hook and climbing, then hook inner belt makes much more sense even if it causes pilling on your combat top when not wearing the outer belt.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mban2:

Anyone who shoots a decent amount would never want the hook side on the inner belt.  It will annoy the hell out of you.   Any taking the belt off on an infil is stupid, really fucking stupid

Hook on the inner belt was done at the request of serveral units for exactly the reasons I stated. I'm friends with the designer of the Eagle belt and was laid out why exactly they did this when I too complained about it.

The loop on the inner belt is great for the average guy driving to the range who doesn't want the velcro sticking to his seat fabric or Teeshirt.

Pick your poison, but when you're a professional who wears drysuits, CBRNE gear, need better retention of the belts for helo retention and fatigue runners while fast roping and hook and climbing, then hook inner belt makes much more sense even if it causes pilling on your combat top when not wearing the outer belt.

I think I'd want to use a belt that was designed to accommodate helo retention if that was a concern. Something like the Raptor Tactical Dunbar or BFG CHLK.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:46:46 PM EDT
[#8]

This guy gets it.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228016/20210606_083844-1968981.jpg
Nothing on this belt is going to shift or bounce, I save my one wrap for showing slings..
View Quote

So on the AWS belt, you use individual MOLLE panels to mount stuff?
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 9:04:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 9:32:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By tc2129:

So on the AWS belt, you use individual MOLLE panels to mount stuff?
View Quote

@tc2129.
Each panel is two rows of molle that use hook and loop to attach to the outer belt.
I can throw only the outer on with no movement of attachments.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 9:35:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By acegunner:

ETA: pic of kit mounted. I run my TQ on my belt , but in the pic above your last reply, you can see Stoner01 has his mounted in the hammock that hangs below the TKN! You mentioned you had a small waist and less belt real estate,  so that would probably be your better option. And no, the TQ is not impeded by the gun or med kit while wearing it. Just looks that way laying flat. It is clear when it wraps around me

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/121400/20210718_175211_jpg-2018678.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/121400/20210718_175252_jpg-2018691.JPG
View Quote

Thanks! That looks like a slick set up, I got hooked on the Larue TK because it came fully stocked for 80 bucks or so.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#12]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/204956/20210718_090418_jpg-2018046.JPG
View Quote

I’ll second this

I’ve tried several other med pouches and the STOMP is next on my list as it seems to fill all my needs.  It has been out of stock in black for a while,  now just waiting on a sale lol
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#13]
I replaced the one wrap on my belt stuff with tac tie when it quickly became apparent that one wrap has no business holding mah pouches onto pistol belts.
View Quote

This is disconcerting. I just switched out my esstac belt clips for one wrap.

Link Posted: 7/18/2021 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 9:45:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 9:45:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 9:51:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 10:01:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: esstac-] [#18]
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 10:19:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 10:32:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By esstac-:

This is why drive by low info posts suck!

They sway the easily swayed

If you one wrapped the pouch like this its gtg.  Ignore the wrong side velcro....
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72956/one-wrap-2018899.jpg

This is Ryan and my belt from today's 2gun.  Mine is missing the front 40deg pistol as I gave it to someone after the match but nothing but one-wrap.  And Ryan's is setup like a retard in a crayon factory but it still works.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72956/received_347619060140291-2018907.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

This is disconcerting. I just switched out my esstac belt clips for one wrap.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/1626610210876-2018878.png

This is why drive by low info posts suck!

They sway the easily swayed

If you one wrapped the pouch like this its gtg.  Ignore the wrong side velcro....
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72956/one-wrap-2018899.jpg

This is Ryan and my belt from today's 2gun.  Mine is missing the front 40deg pistol as I gave it to someone after the match but nothing but one-wrap.  And Ryan's is setup like a retard in a crayon factory but it still works.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72956/received_347619060140291-2018907.jpg

I did it like this, is this right?

Link Posted: 7/18/2021 10:54:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Looks good

But that male buckle on the left is scaring me with floppy thigh pouch nightmares
View Quote

Drop leg for a gas mask. Only there if it's really needed.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 11:06:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 11:07:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 11:12:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: esstac-] [#24]
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:04:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: slappomatt] [#25]

This guy gets it.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228016/20210606_083844-1968981.jpg
Nothing on this belt is going to shift or bounce, I save my one wrap for showing slings..
View Quote
what does your left leg belt look like?
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:06:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Why do I feel like I need crayons for this
View Quote

No, I understood with the first set of pics.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:06:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Good thread.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:10:34 AM EDT
[#28]

When I see you in october I'm going to kick you in the nads

And then let you shoot some Atlas's

Also....no

1.75"-2.25" belts.  Loop behind 2 and only 2 rows of pals webbing on the pouch(it's that 1" webbing on the back) then wrap and clamp around your belt.  Bonus points if the one-wrap interfaces with the velcro on your belt.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72956/received_4353908354676234-2018983.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72956/received_4081701351899535-2018985.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72956/received_2900826846889639-2018986.jpg
View Quote
@esstac

Will I be able to get this G17 holster from R&R to slide unhindered through your belt with both inner and outer? I added to cart but I'm having some angst pulling the trigger so to speak.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:11:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:32:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:33:36 AM EDT
[#31]

Also....no

1.75"-2.25" belts.  Loop behind 2 and only 2 rows of pals webbing on the pouch(it's that 1" webbing on the back) then wrap and clamp around your belt.  Bonus points if the one-wrap interfaces with the velcro on your belt.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72956/received_4353908354676234-2018983.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72956/received_4081701351899535-2018985.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72956/received_2900826846889639-2018986.jpg
View All Quotes

Also....no

I dig the crayon part!
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 2:07:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#32]

I don't see a size for the belt loops, assuming they are at least 1.75" it will fit.  

And only through the outer, you won't run things on the inner.  Assuming I understood what you asked correctly.

Pancake holster like that do get a bit wonky routing belt's through them however.  Belt has to go around the holster(back body side) after the loops and for some will sit a little weird as it rounds around the holster body.  Not a huge issue.

I ran similar type holster for years(mostly made myself or..... was a magpul dynamics favorite company but forgot the name...)but prefer a lower "mid ride" holster for an easier draw.  That holsters reviews are a bit hit n miss but you may need to do some light tweaking to up the retention(heat a small area and give it some more)

We are not up to date on all the holster makers out there now.  SBFcustoms, trex and gamer holster are most of what we use now and a safariland tossed in now and then.  If I was going with a non concealed carry kydex holster for our belts I'd just snag a trex Ragnarok with either belt loops or my preferred mid drop hanger and call it good.  Full disclosure we do work with trex and get an industry discount and that sways my purchasing!

I don't know if any of the arfcom sponsor/vendors are holster makers/sellers but I would pick one of those with instock holsters over amazon also!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jonny1904:
@esstac

Will I be able to get this G17 holster from R&R to slide unhindered through your belt with both inner and outer? I added to cart but I'm having some angst pulling the trigger so to speak.

I don't see a size for the belt loops, assuming they are at least 1.75" it will fit.  

And only through the outer, you won't run things on the inner.  Assuming I understood what you asked correctly.

Pancake holster like that do get a bit wonky routing belt's through them however.  Belt has to go around the holster(back body side) after the loops and for some will sit a little weird as it rounds around the holster body.  Not a huge issue.

I ran similar type holster for years(mostly made myself or..... was a magpul dynamics favorite company but forgot the name...)but prefer a lower "mid ride" holster for an easier draw.  That holsters reviews are a bit hit n miss but you may need to do some light tweaking to up the retention(heat a small area and give it some more)

We are not up to date on all the holster makers out there now.  SBFcustoms, trex and gamer holster are most of what we use now and a safariland tossed in now and then.  If I was going with a non concealed carry kydex holster for our belts I'd just snag a trex Ragnarok with either belt loops or my preferred mid drop hanger and call it good.  Full disclosure we do work with trex and get an industry discount and that sways my purchasing!

I don't know if any of the arfcom sponsor/vendors are holster makers/sellers but I would pick one of those with instock holsters over amazon also!
Is DSG Alpha okay?

Meh. Ordered the belt.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 2:23:36 AM EDT
[#33]

I have posted details in the past and I'm ignored.

And drive by poster? I've been here almost as long as you have and have a detailed history of working to help the people on this site. I've been in the firearms industry and carried this gear professionally. I'm also very transparent to the point I can be about the limits and scope of my experience.

The use case was a simple single pistol mag pouch on a Tyr pistol belt. Originally it came with a malice clip but that sucked and dug into me.
As time went on I tried one wrap and for the first week it was OK. Then slowly it became saggy and loosened and no amount of readjustment changed that.

Changed to a tac-tie I had sitting around and solved both the malice clip and one wrap deficiencies.

I think that the one wrap works great until the realities of the inherent stretch in the material sets in. I started using it based on your experience within the industry, I stopped using it when I realized that it's entirely the wrong application for this material, especially when dealing with any sort of water in the environment (sweat, high humidity, maritime use).
View Quote

As you point out, I think the environment you work in has a lot to do with it. My belt has been worn for 18-23 hours a day for up to two weeks in the last few months and I haven’t had any issues with one wrap. In and out of vehicles, running, climbing, sitting on my ass in the TOC, whatever.

I’m not familiar with the tac ties you’re talking about, do you have a link to them?
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 6:26:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Inimicalone] [#34]
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
View Quote

It's an AWS AK 47 indigenous pouch, four cell.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 8:30:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Is DSG Alpha okay?

Meh. Ordered the belt.
View All Quotes
@esstac

Is DSG Alpha okay?

Meh. Ordered the belt.

I like dsg holsters
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 8:35:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
View Quote

LOLOL I thought the same thing.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 8:45:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: USAFtacFANAC] [#37]

It's an AWS AK 47 indigenous pouch, four cell.
View Quote

If it is the type of pouch that has the straps already sewn on, than one wrap would not work and I see why you are using the Molle panels. It is hard to tell in a picture.

I saw the pic of one wrap on your rifle. I will suggest getting some shock cord to replace the one wrap that holds your sling. It is stretchy so it should be easier to stow the sling, and when the time comes, you just pull the sling out without messing with Velcro and losing the piece. Take some shock cord and you can single or double loop it around that hand guard like you have done and use a simple overhand knot to tie it together.

I do not believe you are a 30 inch waist with that belt hahahaha It looks like it wouldn't fit a pre teen.

If you are running that belt for 2 gun specifically, I would highly suggest looking into esstac Kywi's. Yes you will have to spend money, but they should be easier to use than your old school pouches. In a comp, over the top retention is not only unnecessary, but it gets in the way. I used to use shit the Air Force gave me because I wanted to be cheap. I finally got some Kywi's last year and donated all my old gear to guys at the range. I have not looked back.

ETA: You have a larue rifle and an ACOG and you cant splurge a little on a newer belt setup????? To answer your med pouch question, that is personal preference because it will depend on what you are putting in it. You guessed right, I use the Esstac DST! It has many mounting options. If you want something smaller, The TREX med pouch is more flat, or the Blue force gear med pouch is a bit smaller and people like them as well.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:00:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By USAFtacFANAC:

If it is the type of pouch that has the straps already sewn on, than one wrap would not work and I see why you are using the Molle panels. It is hard to tell in a picture.

I saw the pic of one wrap on your rifle. I will suggest getting some shock cord to replace the one wrap that holds your sling. It is stretchy so it should be easier to stow the sling, and when the time comes, you just pull the sling out without messing with Velcro and losing the piece. Take some shock cord and you can single or double loop it around that hand guard like you have done and use a simple overhand knot to tie it together.

I do not believe you are a 30 inch waist with that belt hahahaha It looks like it wouldn't fit a pre teen.

If you are running that belt for 2 gun specifically, I would highly suggest looking into esstac Kywi's. Yes you will have to spend money, but they should be easier to use than your old school pouches. In a comp, over the top retention is not only unnecessary, but it gets in the way. I used to use shit the Air Force gave me because I wanted to be cheap. I finally got some Kywi's last year and donated all my old gear to guys at the range. I have not looked back.

ETA: You have a larue rifle and an ACOG and you cant splurge a little on a newer belt setup????? To answer your med pouch question, that is personal preference because it will depend on what you are putting in it. You guessed right, I use the Esstac DST! It has many mounting options. If you want something smaller, The TREX med pouch is more flat, or the Blue force gear med pouch is a bit smaller and people like them as well.
View Quote

Most of my pouches are molle and I hadn't looked at esstac prior to ordering my lab belt set up. I will look into them. It's not so much about the money, as it was about using what I had. And yes I'm built like an Ethiopian marathoner, but that comes in handy when it's time to get skinny!
Thanks for the constructive criticism, I'm reevaluating my belts now.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 3:18:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By TSU45:

I want to take a stab at a belt.  I’m taking my first car one and pistol course in October.  The below pouches are what I randomly have on hand, and also have rifle mag pouches that match the green plastic pistol pouch on the right.  This stuff usable?  What belt, holster, and holster attachment would be recommended?  I don’t necessarily care about patterns matching.

Also, I need to set the belt up for LH long gun and RH pistol.  A summing I need to put the rifle mags on the right side with the pistol holster.  Looked through several pages and couldn’t find a pic of such a setup.  Any ideas how I pull that off without either being in the way of the other, including sitting?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/166097/24295AE6-8009-447E-8E28-3D3B97C9866F_jpe-2012895.JPG
View Quote

A lot to digest here

Belt:

If you're looking to stay with the tactical look, stick with a micro MOLLE version like Ronin, AWS, or similar for the extra security.  If you go with a slick belt, your best bet is going to be one of the competition style ones and using hard mounting options.  I wouldn't use or recommend any type of velcro attachment system when better options exist across the board.  One wrap seems like a (janky) solution to a problem that really doesn't exist.

Pouches:

While the ITW Fast Mag (rifle pouches) are probably the best "tactical" ones on the market, I'd advise to stay away from their pistol ones.  They orient the bullets facing out instead of forward like just about every other manufacturer on the market.  I also recommend against hte HSGI Tacos across the board.  Shock cord retention seems less than ideal long term.  Esstac makes my favorite "tactical" pistol pouches, but I'm sure other similar ones are fine.

My work belt is Esstac pistol pouches with ITW Rifle on a Ronin belt and my competiton setup is a CR Speed belt with a mix of CR Speed and DAA pouches.

Holsters:  99.9% of guys use Safariland 6354 holsters due to needing active retention, most commonly on a QLS style attachment.  If you don't require that, then most any quality kydex holster should be fine provided it has a hole pattern that allows you to attach it properly.  I use a Red Hill Tactical on a BOSS Hanger for competition.

As for being cross-handed... yes, your rifle pouches should be right side and your pistol pouches left side.  All I can say is focus on having your holster in the most comfortable position possible, and working your rifle mag around that.  It really depends on how many you want to run.  If it's just one, slap it right in front of the holster.  If you do multiple (competition), then I recommend wearing your belt in the reverse orientation (closed in the back) so you have extra real estate on your front to put the extra pouches.

Hopefully that covered all your bases.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 03RN:

I don't do well with attachments.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#42]

Most of my pouches are molle and I hadn't looked at esstac prior to ordering my lab belt set up. I will look into them. It's not so much about the money, as it was about using what I had. And yes I'm built like an Ethiopian marathoner, but that comes in handy when it's time to get skinny!
Thanks for the constructive criticism, I'm reevaluating my belts now.
View Quote

I hope you dont take my dry humor as insulting. By all means, if it works for you.... use it. there is a point to upgrade, like your mag pouches... but spend 255 on a GBRS belt? No fucking way. Esstacs belt with some one wrap and some gear for the same price or lower than some gucci belt, that is an economic way to be the best LARPER we can be!
Go eat a fucking big mac and drink beer every night so you can fit more on your belt. BTW. If you are doing 2 gun... A dump pouch may be more beneficial to you. I personally like the TREX dump pouch, but since your waist is a 00, maybe check out the blue force minimalist.

Esstac- make a dump pouch and take my money damnit.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 3:46:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By SWedd523:

Belt:

If you're looking to stay with the tactical look, stick with a micro MOLLE version like Ronin, AWS, or similar for the extra security.  If you go with a slick belt, your best bet is going to be one of the competition style ones and using hard mounting options.  I wouldn't use or recommend any type of velcro attachment system when better options exist across the board.  One wrap seems like a (janky) solution to a problem that really doesn't exist.

View Quote

I would like to pick on this statement. For me personally, it was a solution to make a single belt work for my gun shop job and my home depot job. I can attach med packs and mag pouches for the shop, and take it all off and put my radio and dump pouch on for HD. I originally used the esstac belt loops for attaching Kywis. I would then take a piece of Hook with adhesive and cut them into strips and place them on the belt loops to engage velcro along the kywis. The one wrap cuts out the middle man (belt loops). They don't shift. They can be removed without removing the cobra buckle, and are a fuck ton easier than WTFix it straps or mallice clips. You can place molle pouches anywhere with one wrap and they stay instead of using a molle belt like ronin or Blue alpha. So when it comes to a balance of price vs functionality, you can save money on a belt not needing molle and one wrap is a more simple solution than what is on the market currently. But my experience is limited and of course could be wrong.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#44]

I would like to pick on this statement. For me personally, it was a solution to make a single belt work for my gun shop job and my home depot job. I can attach med packs and mag pouches for the shop, and take it all off and put my radio and dump pouch on for HD. I originally used the esstac belt loops for attaching Kywis. I would then take a piece of Hook with adhesive and cut them into strips and place them on the belt loops to engage velcro along the kywis. The one wrap cuts out the middle man (belt loops). They don't shift. They can be removed without removing the cobra buckle, and are a fuck ton easier than WTFix it straps or mallice clips. You can place molle pouches anywhere with one wrap and they stay instead of using a molle belt like ronin or Blue alpha. So when it comes to a balance of price vs functionality, you can save money on a belt not needing molle and one wrap is a more simple solution than what is on the market currently. But my experience is limited and of course could be wrong.
View Quote

To paraphrase the venerable USAFtacFANAC:  "By all means, if it works for you...... use it"

My battle belt hasn't changed in a few years.  2x pistol kywis, fast mag rifle, dump pouch, med pouch, holster.  No need for me to swap things out (other than upgrading to the BFG Micro med kit) so I have the ability to roll with MALICE clips for ultimate strength.  Anything I add like Helo lanyards or chemlight loops or flex cuffs are just there for mission requirements.

My competition belt uses competiton pouches because they're better and they come with a sturdier attachment method.  They change relatively quickly, but are definitely more expensive than a roll of one wrap so, again, if it works for you and your uses then rock on my man
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 4:11:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By SWedd523:

To paraphrase the venerable USAFtacFANAC:  "By all means, if it works for you...... use it"

View Quote

Brother, I talk a ton of shit in GD, but I just try to give an honest opinion in all the tech forums. If that was sarcastic, I humbly accept haha. If you were serious, I am sorry to lead you on as a gear slut. I am just a little guy in a big world with an out spoken opinion. I was not trying to change your mind, just sticking up for MY best method of attachment. I was surprised to see how many people did not know about one wrap when I made my thread about it the other week.

LOL and that was not a paraphrase, that was an exact copy hahaha!
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 4:22:21 PM EDT
[#47]

No
View Quote

OK. Well I tried. I will still give you money though. I feel like I lost this battle pretty badly.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 4:53:02 PM EDT
[#50]

Brother, I talk a ton of shit in GD, but I just try to give an honest opinion in all the tech forums. If that was sarcastic, I humbly accept haha. If you were serious, I am sorry to lead you on as a gear slut. I am just a little guy in a big world with an out spoken opinion. I was not trying to change your mind, just sticking up for MY best method of attachment. I was surprised to see how many people did not know about one wrap when I made my thread about it the other week.

LOL and that was not a paraphrase, that was an exact copy hahaha!
View Quote

I gave you a (mostly) serious response.

MALICE is going to be stronger short and long term and more secure overall.  As a downside, it's difficult to attach.  For my tactical use, I don't mind the difficulty of attaching because I don't move stuff around very often.  If you're constantly swapping, then sure, velcro is a viable alternative.

I use hard attachment pouches (CR Speed, DAA, etc) over velcro on my competition belt because, again, it's a more secure attachment method.  Downside here being that they're more expensive than some KYWIs and velcro.

Give and take.  What works for me may not work for you and vice versa.
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top