Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2014 11:58:52 PM EDT
I'm getting my first 1911  soon and I'm wondering what the best options for iwb holsters are that cover the beaver tail as I don't want to be jabbed all day while carrying. My budget is around $100. Thies looks like they will cover it but I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 12:16:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Milt Sparks Versa Max 2

you won't be jabbed.  

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 12:22:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Milt Sparks Versa Max 2

you won't be jabbed.  

View Quote

Will that fall into my price range?
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 1:07:47 AM EDT
[#3]
It may exceed your budget by just a few dollars, but you'll be happy that you spent the extra money for a long time.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:50:06 AM EDT
[#4]
TT Gunleather IWB Mikes Special is very similar to the milt sparks vm2 but it is canted slightly mor than the vm2 which makes the pistol ride lower and thus conceal better. It is 120 bucks and the wait time is far less than milt sparks. The quality is amazing as well.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 4:16:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Garrett Ind. Silent thunder, Fusion is very stable, comfortable and you dont get jabbed.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 5:50:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm a big fan of Milt Sparks Summer Special. Wear it all day long.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 6:10:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Crossbreed supertuck.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:10:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Crossbreed supertuck.
View Quote

Funny that you bring them up. My IWB and OWB holsters for my MC Operator from Crossbreed shipped out today. I've never got a bad holster from them. Have ordered about 10 holsters from them for 6 different guns. Plus, they're a local Missouri company.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:24:14 PM EDT
[#9]
This Thread is what you seek

For IWB I use a Milt Sparks Summer Special II, but I'm waiting on this to be finished and ship. Wanted something less prone to sweat and kydex is much faster for drawing and holstering. That said - it will get to your finish quicker, but I personally don't care....its a tool.

Lots of love for the VMII - If i see one for sale on the EE - I'd snag it to try it, worse case is I'd get my money back if I sold it.

For OWB I really like my Shadow Holster made by our very own member goodmedicine. His stuff is outstanding! Here is his ad in the EE

AWESOME kit

DSC_4815 by The Dorsal Fin, on Flickr

DSC_4817 by The Dorsal Fin, on Flickr
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 6:42:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Crossbreed supertuck.
View Quote

After looking up these holsters the crossbreed supertuck looks to be the only holster that the leather will cover the beaver tail on the 1911.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:06:55 PM EDT
[#11]
You are worrying about nothing.  The beavertail doesn't need to be covered for comfort unless you have something unusual about your anatomy.

Don't forget you will need a quality gunbelt for comfortable carry.

ETA I carry a 1911 in a Brommeland Max-Con V which does cover the beavertail area but that area never digs into me.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:10:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You are worrying about nothing.  The beavertail doesn't need to be covered for comfort unless you have something unusual about your anatomy.

View Quote

This.

If anything - I like a closed holster so I don't get holes in my jeans
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#13]
If you are getting one made ask for a "high sweat guard" (if kydex or leather) that will be the inside part that protects the gun from your sweat.

I have got a couple made from a local home business. SoCo Kydex out of Colorado Springs does a great job. There might be a maker closer to where you live should check around.

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 4:22:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Raven Phantom and be done with it. Get some offset wings and some C clips along with a good sturdy belt and no one will ever know you are carrying

I carry a 5" daily and never have been harmed by the beavertail.

I will say I have been pinched very badly with kydex holsters that have a high sweat guard when reholstering.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

After looking up these holsters the crossbreed supertuck looks to be the only holster that the leather will cover the beaver tail on the 1911.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crossbreed supertuck.

I have a couple crossbreed holsters and like them very much.

And a big plus is they have GREAT customer service.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I disagree- the beavertail on my 1911s can rub against my back and irritate me. I'm using an Aliengear Cloak Tuck 2.0. Works great for covering the beavertail and it's very comfortable.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I disagree- the beavertail on my 1911s can rub against my back and irritate me. I'm using an Aliengear Cloak Tuck 2.0. Works great for covering the beavertail and it's very comfortable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I guess I'm the odd guy. Have been carrying open and concealed for almost 3 years now and have never had holes in my clothes and have never had a gun dig into me. I'm also a lefty and carry at 9 o clock and 155 lbs. My carry guns have been a FN 5.7, RIA tac, M&P 40 FS, M&P 40C, XDm 45, 5.7 MK2, and my MC Operator.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 12:29:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crossbreed supertuck.

If you want different angled pics, let me know. My IWB and OWB CrossBreed holsters just arrived and fit perfectly.

EDIT: I think CrossBreed is in a dry spell.. Ordered my holsters on 10-2-14 and they arrived on 10-11-14.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 8:44:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for all of your input, much appreciated. I have looked into all of these and I think I'm going with either Crossbreed or Alien Gear(price can't be beat)
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 10:14:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Here you go. This is my Old Faithful hybrid, almost identical to the AlienGear hybrid. You wont be disappointed.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 11:21:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm getting my first 1911  soon and I'm wondering what the best options for iwb holsters are that cover the beaver tail as I don't want to be jabbed all day while carrying. My budget is around $100. Thies looks like they will cover it but I'm not sure.
View Quote

HBE Leatherworks com III
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 7:19:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Milt Sparks Versa Max 2

you won't be jabbed.  

View Quote

I don't own one, but I want to. OR, I'd take their Summer Special as well. Check for a good used one if your budget tells you too. It's gonna get used anyway.

BTW, with med hands, I've never really needed a BT, although one or two of my several 1911s have them. I ain't scared of hammer bite.

Hell, if you carry cocked and locked, you hope your first shot is going to work anyway. THAT'S WHY PEOPLE CHOOSE 1911 .45s, .....RIGHT
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:57:03 PM EDT
[#23]
So far I like my Alien holster.  Just with I would have gotten loops instead of clips.  My clips every now and then get caught on chairs, etc.  But the price is hard to beat.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:45:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Crossbreed supertuck.
View Quote

+1
Wear when get till go bed, easy to live with
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Heres another recommendation for the milt sparks vm2. Works well for me when i feel like carrying a 1911. Some have suggested kydex, and i'm sure those work great too. But there is something about a 1911 in a nice leather holster....
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:54:17 PM EDT
[#26]
IWB - Crossbreed Supertuck
OWB - Raven

Sparks holsters are ok, but non adjustable, expensive, long wait, and finished too slick.  Makes pants slide off.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:06:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top