Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
According to another thread I just read, have your buddy on overwatch lend his pistol to her since he's on a rooftop a mile away.
View Quote

It was my ex wife, she wanted to climb on top of an old building that a friend owned that was across the street from the store river store we were selling the gun at, at 3am. I explained that in the thread. I told her to go ahead.  She was 19 at the time.

I do like to have a couple of people with me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Friends don't let friends buy Kahrs.  
View Quote

Words to live by, but Walther PPS is the correct answer to the OP's question.

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:18:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Go for the only real gun out there that was designed from the ground up for compact concealed carry. That would be...........wait for it...............any of the small frame size KAHRs. They build several series of 9, 40, 45, and even a 380. The Cm 9 I pocket carry is completely reliable, accurate, and pleasant to shoot. Put a Hogue Handall sleeve on it and it very easy to hang onto, even with the flush fit magazines. You can't go wrong.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:30:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I owned several Kahrs and was happy with them, until I wasn't.  Here is my story.

I took my K9 out and shot the mag of carry ammo, 50 rounds of practice ammo, cleaned the gun, loaded it up with Gold dots, and put it back in the holster.  2 months go by and for whatever reason I decided drop the mag.  Something didn't look right with the mag.  The follower was split in two.  There I was walking around with a single shot pistol for a couple of months.    I did some reading and shitty mags are a common enough issue.   Sold off all my Kahrs and never looked back.    

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a Khar CM9 that is pretty slim.

This.  I have the PM9, which is an upgrade of the CM9. Polymer lower and octagonal rifling.

I owned several Kahrs and was happy with them, until I wasn't.  Here is my story.

I took my K9 out and shot the mag of carry ammo, 50 rounds of practice ammo, cleaned the gun, loaded it up with Gold dots, and put it back in the holster.  2 months go by and for whatever reason I decided drop the mag.  Something didn't look right with the mag.  The follower was split in two.  There I was walking around with a single shot pistol for a couple of months.    I did some reading and shitty mags are a common enough issue.   Sold off all my Kahrs and never looked back.    

So you claim a kahr is junk because of a broken follower in your mag? you don't say anything about jams or failures of the gun. Then a blanket assumption your pistol is only single shot without ever firing it to find out if the broken mag would still function or not. Sounds like you should have called kahr and just got a new follower. Have You dropped any loaded pmags and cracked the feed lips? I guess You need to sell all your ar15s since then are unreliable now
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:52:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I love the Shield. I owned it twice and sold it twice. I just bought my third one and this one is staying. It is a fantastic carry piece for me. I've outfitted it with all the upgrades I want and I have a dedicated IWB holster for it which I use to carry at 12:30-2:30 repositioning it depending on circumstances.

For heavier clothing, I have an M&Pc that fits the bill.

The smallest I carried was a Kahr CM9. I personally experienced no terrible things with it, but I have read too many bad reports to be able to trust 100% that it wouldn't shit the bed when I needed it most. I sold it and went back to the Shield for my primary EDC. No regrets.

I'm on the list for a G43, although the G42 is awesome in its own right. Precision One makes a .380 load that meets the FBI standard for penetration consistently. Recoil is manageable even out of my Kahr CW380.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 12:16:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I love the Shield. I owned it twice and sold it twice. I just bought my third one and this one is staying. It is a fantastic carry piece for me. I've outfitted it with all the upgrades I want and I have a dedicated IWB holster for it which I use to carry at 12:30-2:30 repositioning it depending on circumstances.

The smallest I carried was a Kahr CM9. I personally experienced no terrible things with it, but I have read too many bad reports to be able to trust 100% that it wouldn't shit the bed when I needed it most. I sold it and went back to the Shield for my primary EDC. No regrets.

I'm on the list for a G43, although the G42 is awesome in its own right. Precision One makes a .380 load that meets the FBI standard for penetration consistently. Recoil is manageable even out of my Kahr CW380.
View Quote

Why have you bought and sold two previous Shields and gone back to the gun for a third time?

That said, I've had mine for a little over a year and love it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 12:57:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Why have you bought and sold two previous Shields and gone back to the gun for a third time?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No issues with the gun at all. I was just doing my search for the "better" gun. I have concluded that, for me, the Shield is the sub-compact I trust my life to.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:48:29 AM EDT
[#8]

linky

LC9s trigger is better than the shield trigger, but shield ergos are fantastic
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:37:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I researched the OP's question not too long ago and the clear answer was the CM9.  Very good reviews from regular folks like us.

The PM9 is a slightly better quality version, but is quite a bit more expensive.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I researched the OP's question not too long ago and the clear answer was the CM9.  Very good reviews from regular folks like us.

The PM9 is a slightly better quality version, but is quite a bit more expensive.

A Sig P290RS is the same size  and layout, and it is a Sig.  

My P290 next to my G19

My comparison excel file.  If you want a copy, IM your email address to me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:56:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the effort guys. Our shoot fell through, just bad weather and I had a bad night and day too, plus I got short $50 that was supposed to get paid to me.

I will probably just forward this thread to her, or at least the charts and type in some of the recommendations.

If any of our lady members chime in on this it would be cool too. Their needs for concealment are different than for us guys just in the body differences and the clothing styles.

Again,

Thanks

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:24:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Fuck everything but the HK P7M8.  lol
View Quote

I have one and unless it was the only pistol I had left, I would not carry it.  Don't get me wrong, I like the pistol and have no plans of selling it but carry, no.  I would probably chose it over my .357 with a six inch barrel or the .22 LR's.  The Sig P220 and Glock 20 would be a better CCW choice than the P7.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:25:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Nope.  Standard cargo pants 32 waist 30 Long.

It is quite easy to do and I have a hard time figuring out why people keep assuming it can't be done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
PAV

I went from a P3AT to a shield and never looked back.  and this was after carrying the P3AT for several years

Daily carry front pocket in a custom thin leather holster.  

5'6" and 150lbs. never had an issue with it.

You pocket carry a Shield?  That's quite a pocket you've got there.

Nope.  Standard cargo pants 32 waist 30 Long.

It is quite easy to do and I have a hard time figuring out why people keep assuming it can't be done.

Most people don't wear cargo pants.  I don't own a pair.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:26:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This or PM9

The Kimber Solos are nice but finicky on ammo

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This or PM9

The Kimber Solos are nice but finicky on ammo

My CM40 was finicky on ammo - even after sending back to Kahr for work.  It was may second kahr that had issues, the fist was an MK9 that I loved to shoot, but cracked a slide at the op rod hole where the metal was thin.

I won't buy another Kahr.  Your results may vary.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:29:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
http://loungecdn.luckygunner.com/lounge/media/9mm-comparison-21.jpg

linky

View Quote

So they fixed it? I sold my LC9  because the trigger was a bad as the one on my Kel-Tec p11 (which like the LC9 was reliable).

What's the trigger weight on the LC9 these days?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:04:15 AM EDT
[#15]
I carry a Kahr PM9 only when I need something smaller than a G19.  Having said that, I can't wait to try the G43 and hopefully dump the PM9.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:41:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

linky
View Quote

From numbers I dug around & found a while back, when looking for a subcompact 9mm:

Fwiw, based on those I bought a CM9. Ran 500-600 rounds thru it and liked it enough that I bought another one. Liked them both well enough that I bought a third one and gave it to my son for Christmas as an upgrade from his 9x18 ccw gun. I have probably 1200-1400 rounds between the two of mine; don't know how many he has thru his, but I know he uses it and he confirmed for me that he's never had a malfunction with it. So between us we have three guns with probably around 2000 total rounds between them, literally without a malfunction of any kind. And other than being one-tenth of one inch greater in height than the P238 or Kimber Solo, it's the smallest of any of the 9mm guns in either of those lists above.

There's a lot of Kahr hate in this thread, but I can't argue with my own personal experience. I'd wholeheartedly recommend the CM9/PM9 series to anyone. With its revolver-like DA trigger, it's not a target gun or competition gun, but for what it is (a concealment gun with the same capacity as my old colt officer's model), it's served us very well.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:12:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So they fixed it? I sold my LC9  because the trigger was a bad as the one on my Kel-Tec p11 (which like the LC9 was reliable).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

linky

LC9s is the striker fired version. It is SUPER light, I would guess 3-4lbs. Awesome trigger. I went into a shop to look at the Shield and ended up putting it down and buying the LC9s after dry firing them both.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Taurus PT709 Slim.

Vince
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:14:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

LC9s is the striker fired version. It is SUPER light, I would guess 3-4lbs. Awesome trigger. I went into a shop to look at the Shield and ended up putting it down and buying the LC9s after dry firing them both.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

linky

Mostly agreed, I had the opposite reaction though, although the LC9s trigger is superb, the grip/ergos suck compared to the Shield in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#20]
I carry a Ruger LC9, it's not really a pocket gun (just barely too big, but then all the 9mms are). It recoils mildly for a small 9mm.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:03:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I didn't think I would like the G43 but I do.  Easier to make quick follow-up shots compared to the CM9, since it has a shorter trigger reset.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:34:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I am quite happy with my CW9
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

PF9
View Quote
+1

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Shield in 9mm, carried it for almost 3 years every day so far. 0 malfunctions, tons of rounds through it, and its real easy to conceal IWB or OWB. My brother carries one as well, same thing with his shield in 9mm 0 malfunctions tons of rounds. The shield is honestly my favorite pistol.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:58:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, she fell in love with the Sig, but it costs too much in her eyes. Her husband is going to spend the money on her, but she has decided on the LCP for cost, and getting her sleeve done.

She wants this one, but it was too much.

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 12:38:10 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm hunting for a G43.

I also want a shield.

The G43 feels better in my hand.  But I like guns.  So: get both?
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 12:51:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
She'll like the S&W Shield
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#28]
I just picked up a Glock 43.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 6:23:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She'll like the S&W Shield

She didn't like the Shield.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 7:29:17 PM EDT
[#30]
PM9 ok gun but over priced .  I think the shield is as good or better but bigger. New glock should also be good (G43 I think.)
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 8:33:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Kahr is the answer to your question.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Khar P9 is very slim, same the PM9. I carry 5 different ones and there is not much difference between them. P9 is ferly light
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 6:22:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Walther PPS or Kimber Solo?
View Quote

My wife has a PPS 9mm as her range gun. She is 98 lbs and all of 5ft tall, and it fits her just fine.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 12:08:00 PM EDT
[#34]
did anyone mention sig p290rs yet? mine fits in shorts pocket or IWB w/ a remora holster. DAO, but ok for me.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:50:01 PM EDT
[#35]
I went to PSA today. I checked out the Shield and the Bodyguard, both are nice. The Bodyguard though, just felt really nice, for me, solid while still a small size.

I've also never held a Tavor before, but do like Bullpup designs. The Tavor stole my soul. Damn, I'm in love with it. The trigger wasn't terrible. It was a heavyish pull, but not terrible. It would surely take some concentration to be really accurate with it, but then the trigger pack will fix that, but that's another $350 I think. I'd have to sell both of my ARs to purchase one of them, so that's out, and will be a long ways down the road for me, but I want one. Maybe by then the trigger will be addressed.

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 2:18:18 PM EDT
[#36]
My wife likes her XDS .45.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top