User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 13
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 11:09:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hey, don't be researchin' me, I am on your side!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Classic deflection of where the actual problem is.  I hope you can recoup some of money
you spent from your dealings with them.

I'll make it. I learned a lot from dealing with them.  Mostly to research customers better.

Hey, don't be researchin' me, I am on your side!

Link Posted: 11/5/2013 2:22:02 AM EDT
[#2]
If one were to just look at their industry forum one might think they are GTG. That is not right at all. New people especially will look at that and most of what is not deleted is positive comments. Negative is deleted? That is a misrepresentation of the true feedback. Sponsor or not, that's not supposed to be what this place stands for.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 1:13:05 PM EDT
[#3]
And that is why I will bump this post up for all to see.  Useless going to their industry page to post because they will just delete any concerns or comments that will make them look "tarnished", which they are, and more.
**Boomer111, I do not even see why you will still try to wait it out..nothing will change.  Go ahead and call your card company for a chargeback...it will relieve ALOT of tension and frustration of wondering "what will happen if I wait another day..it may come tomorrow"...which it won't.  

ICE arms lie and deceit people, customers and manufacturers to benefit only them.  Just think about it..only a few manufacturers produce BCGs, barrels, forgings, etc..  You can obtain similar bcgs, lowers, uppers, barrels somewhere else for similar price point..just without the ICE logo and shoddy customer service you will be put through.

As for nameless upper, what coward of a liar owner will post in a public forum announcing the mass that he will leave the naming to the audience and left the idea stranded to die out and remain to call it nameless???   Well, maybe to save themselves from having to give out a free upper to the "whining and complaining people" on the forums...and at the same time phish for ideas on names just for fun...like how they phished the poster above, dan_gray out of his money and time to see if they can get things produced for them, and ditched him unannounced.

eta: I just went to look at their industry forum and it's not there anymore..gone?
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 1:49:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
And that is why I will bump this post up for all to see.  Useless going to their industry page to post because they will just delete any concerns or comments that will make them look "tarnished", which they are, and more.
**Boomer111, I do not even see why you will still try to wait it out..nothing will change.  Go ahead and call your card company for a chargeback...it will relieve ALOT of tension and frustration of wondering "what will happen if I wait another day..it may come tomorrow"...which it won't.  

ICE arms lie and deceit people, customers and manufacturers to benefit only them.  Just think about it..only a few manufacturers produce BCGs, barrels, forgings, etc..  You can obtain similar bcgs, lowers, uppers, barrels somewhere else for similar price point..just without the ICE logo and shoddy customer service you will be put through.

As for nameless upper, what coward of a liar owner will post in a public forum announcing the mass that he will leave the naming to the audience and left the idea stranded to die out and remain to call it nameless???   Well, maybe to save themselves from having to give out a free upper to the "whining and complaining people" on the forums...and at the same time phish for ideas on names just for fun...like how they phished the poster above, dan_gray out of his money and time to see if they can get things produced for them, and ditched him unannounced.

eta: I just went to look at their industry forum and it's not there anymore..gone?
View Quote

That nameless thread pissed me off too. I had a good one "Pulse Rifle" :)

Good thread.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 1:58:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

To clarify, just because I want to ensure that my recitation of events remains 100% honest, they didn't get any money from me. (Other than to order a part from them a few days ago, but they won't like what happens with that) The money I'm out was spend on building and equipment expansion to be able to meet the stated number of parts.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 2:05:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Their industry forum went poof.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 2:08:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wonder if that was their doing or site staff.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 2:16:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

To clarify, just because I want to ensure that my recitation of events remains 100% honest, they didn't get any money from me. (Other than to order a part from them a few days ago, but they won't like what happens with that) The money I'm out was spend on building and equipment expansion to be able to meet the stated number of parts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, that is what I was referring to Dan.. you did have to put out money and time to make sure your establishment can produce the potential products for them, before they left you stranded with no business.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 2:18:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh I don't think it was their own doing.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 2:19:22 PM EDT
[#10]
the link is gone below.  huh
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 2:20:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Um, you're right.  The Industry page is gone.....and the member info no longer shows dealer.....  http://www.ar15.com/member/member.html?id=349205

Link Posted: 11/5/2013 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Also gone are their plastered ads in the EE.  ICE used to update it everyday to keep it on top, but there are no more listings either...those got taken off too.

Great, one less headache to worry about.

eta: another thing about Colin and ICE saying they don't have time to check on the forums everyday to see what goes on because they are BUSY building and assembling parts and shipping them out, yet they are here EVERYDAY to bump up their sell ads in the EE.  Ignore the customers' concerns, whose paid money to keep your shoddy operation going, but cannot ignore the sell ads because people have got to see it
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 2:55:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Someone must have taken out the trash-Good riddance!    

Link Posted: 11/5/2013 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#14]
This thread saved me from purchasing from them.
I had the website book marked and was going to finally order until I saw this.
Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Great, they have my returned barrel and my $$ and aren't answering emails or phone calls.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 3:39:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Great, they have my returned barrel and my $$ and aren't answering emails or phone calls.
View Quote

if paid by credit card, just call the number on the back of the card and do a charge back.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 3:42:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Thank you guys.

I was literally seconds away from ordering hundreds of dollars worth of items from them. I said "let me do a search for them outside of the industry forum."

The ability to search the entire website is well worth the $24 membership you guys.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Wish some Admin would pop in and let us know what the straw that broke the camels back was with giving them the boot.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 6:06:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Answer to a post I made on their FB page regarding the disappeared forum:

ICE Arms It was temporarily turned off due to an error by us. It should be back up by tomorrow.

Like · Reply · </a>

Link Posted: 11/5/2013 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

ICE Arms It was temporarily turned off due to an error by us. It should be back up by tomorrow.
Like · Reply · </a>

View Quote

Maybe there was an internets problem in Canada
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 7:03:37 PM EDT
[#21]
I hated ICE Arms before it was popular. Posted in GD on July 4th.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 7:15:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like · Reply · </a>

probably hit the delete forum button instead of the delete thread button
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 7:54:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Didn't pay  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wish some Admin would pop in and let us know what the straw that broke the camels back was with giving them the boot.
Didn't pay  

Huh, didn't pay...sounds typical.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Didn't pay  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't pay  

So what you are saying is their FB response quoted above your post is an out-and-out lie?
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Forgetting to pay = a mistake on their part that turned off their boards. Different wording, but not a lie.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm a new guy here -- But, FWIW  I placed an order with ICE arms last thursday around noon. I had a confirmation e-mail instantly. 90 minutes later I had tracking information. Two hours later my order was on a FedEx trucking heading across the country.  Due to be here on Thursday.

I'm building my first AR and have orders with four different vendors. ICE arms was by far the quickest to ship.  I emailed Colin before I placed the order and had my question answered same day. So I've got nothing negative to say.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Lots of places forget and pay a week or two later  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't pay  

Huh, didn't pay...sounds typical.  
Lots of places forget and pay a week or two later  

Considering the CS issues they are having, are the powers that be going to allow them to re-up?

Their selective editing of criticism about them is pretty damned sketchy.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 8:03:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Well crap.  I looked into them a while back and they seemed gtg but I hadn't looked lately.  Today I ordered a barrel from them.  Hope it shows up.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I'm a new guy here -- But, FWIW  I placed an order with ICE arms last thursday around noon. I had a confirmation e-mail instantly. 90 minutes later I had tracking information. Two hours later my order was on a FedEx trucking heading across the country.  Due to be here on Thursday.

I'm building my first AR and have orders with four different vendors. ICE arms was by far the quickest to ship.  I emailed Colin before I placed the order and had my question answered same day. So I've got nothing negative to say.
View Quote

I'm always leary of anyone who's first post is singing the praises of a company in a thread that's trouncing them.

Link Posted: 11/5/2013 8:05:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm always leary of anyone who's first post is singing the praises of a company in a thread that's trouncing them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

fo reel
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 8:10:23 PM EDT
[#33]
I here you, and know it looks suspicious. Figured I would post my experience anyways. No real way for me to prove what I say is not some BS cooked up by ICE arms
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 8:20:54 PM EDT
[#34]
well i may not be an OG either, but the above posters experience was mine as well. order placed, barrel shipped next day. received the following week(they are cross country).

can't speak on their customer service. i can tell you i wont be buying another barrel from them after all this nonsense.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

So what you are saying is their FB response quoted above your post is an out-and-out lie?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't pay  

well, if the error was forgetting to pay, it's kinda true.  it happened to spike's a few years ago, but not in the middle of a hatefest.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 8:29:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Good thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good thread.

That thread pissed me off a lot. I had the POLAR acronym.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#37]
I ordered a 18" barrel that was in stock on 10/19. After a few day I tried to contact them for a shipping update. After not getting a response to emails or voice messages, I left a post on Facebook calling them out. I got a reply that they would have someone call. I received a call that night (from Canada) and was told that shipping had screwed up orders and all the 18" barrels had been shipped before my order. They had blanks due in on 10/28 and to make up for the mistake they volunteered to pin the gas block and shipped it express. I checked back on the 29th and the shipment of blank did not come in and they had place another order from Green Mountain for blanks (better quality) and supplied me with the tracking number for their order. They received the blanks on Friday, I sent another email Monday and was told my barrel was ready to ship. I got a tracking number today and the barrel did ship (from California) on Monday and is due to deliver tomorrow.

Although they did follow through with what they promised, I doubt I will order from them again.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#38]
I ordered last week and it should be here tomorrow. Don't like how long it took from order to ship but it is about the same time palmetto is going for the rail and misc parts I ordered. Coming cross country though sucks compared to next day with palmetto
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
snip
10/30 11:38am ordered a blem bcg from shadow ops
10/30 11:56am i get a tracking number
10/30 7:45pm tracking number goes when bcg is delivered to USPS
11/1 bcg is scheduled for delivery

no. fucking. contest.
View Quote

I ordered 2 of those BCG and have not received any email from them beside the same emails I got from Ice Arms. They just said they have received my order and got my money. I have not got a tracking number or anything from Shadow ops or Ice Arms. I guess it's a game of who show's up first.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 10:42:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Shadow ops will come through and you will get  a 2 dollar bill in the box with your bcg. Nice little bonus. I have two of them and they are beautiful for "blems"
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 11:37:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Aimless, thanks for dropping by the thread. It's much appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/6/2013 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Contact Information

ICE Arms Corporate Address
78 Central Street
Suite 3
Hudson, NH

It's a multi-family house, residential property.  That's their corporate headquarters, I drove by it this morning to have a look.
Link Posted: 11/6/2013 11:57:16 AM EDT
[#43]
That,  in and of itself,  is no big deal.  I do the same actually. But calling it a suite?
Link Posted: 11/6/2013 12:03:11 PM EDT
[#44]
I was keeping up on their industry thread to see how you guys were making out. Didn't know everything was that bad! Damn glad I waited on ordering a bunch of stuff from them. I got their Nib carrier from them and it is good so far. Came with out their logo. maybe a good thing
Link Posted: 11/6/2013 12:17:05 PM EDT
[#45]
I ordered 2 nickel boron M16 bcg's from them on Oct 22nd. I reveived 1 nickel boron AR15 bcg from them on Nov 4th. Not the right quantity or product. Their site doesn't even list an AR15 bcg. They said they'd have 2 shipped out next day but that they didn't have any left with a logo. Getting fed up...
Link Posted: 11/6/2013 1:18:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/6/2013 1:53:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I should have said I assume they did not pay.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't pay  

They let their membership expire. I sent an email and Jorge Avila (mod) replied saying it expired.

If they ley it expire on "accident" they picked a great time to do it. If they ley it expire on purpose, they picked a great time to do it.
Link Posted: 11/6/2013 1:56:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

They let their membership expire. I sent an email and Jorge Avila (mod) replied saying it expired
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't pay  

They let their membership expire. I sent an email and Jorge Avila (mod) replied saying it expired

Jorge is answering those kind of emails from random people?  Seems odd.
Link Posted: 11/6/2013 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Yeah, problem with it?

Link Posted: 11/6/2013 3:10:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Until they are back up and running, I have had good luck with Palmetto State Armory - though the whole country is back ordered still; just try ordering 22LR or sm rifle primers.
Page / 13
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top