User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 13
Link Posted: 11/6/2013 3:48:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I here you, and know it looks suspicious. Figured I would post my experience anyways. No real way for me to prove what I say is not some BS cooked up by ICE arms
View Quote

You could post your tracking info... and post a picture on Thursday of the FedEx box!
Link Posted: 11/6/2013 4:47:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll post pics when it gets here.

I have no idea if the products they are selling are good quality or not. But it seems to me their problems have resulted from getting too big to fast. AND not having a proper business plan.

From what I have seen most of the complaints are around shipping/billing. Seems like a matter of expectations -- PSA  kept my order 'processing' for over a week before a shipping label was created, and then it took three days to get it on a truck. I wasn't worried since I had read many places to expect that.

Link Posted: 11/6/2013 5:09:30 PM EDT
[#3]
if you buy from psa you expect to wait a week. they're pretty open about that. IA states they ship in-stock products in 3-4 days except they label products as instock... even when they're not. if you have 50 carriers, 50 bolts, 50 cam pins, and 50 retaining pins but 0 firing pins and it's going to take you 3-4 weeks to get some more then you don't have 50 bcgs and you shouldn't be selling them as such.
Link Posted: 11/6/2013 5:39:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I waited for 9 days with this last PSA order then they gave me one shipping notice yesterday then one today but neither have technically shipped just a number has been generated!
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 5:08:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Minor issue but the gas rings on my NiB bolt were buggered at the factory when they were installed by the company.

Colin promised me twice to send me new gas rings.

Never received them and have never heard from them again.  It has been about a month.

Oh well, gas rings are not expensive but don't say you are going to do something and don't do it.

Since no one has heard from them in a while I wonder if something serious has happened to that company?
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 7:22:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I was in contact last night with thier production manager (via email) about my barrel. The tracking number he sent me showed deliver on 11/6. First thing I noticed is that it shipped from Zip 93030 (california) but the return address was the Ferndale, WA address. Thought that was strange. Package shipped on Monday priority 2-day, I'm in Alabama and last night the package shows up in West Virginia. I've never had a package route through WV coming from the west coast, I guess that's not their fault. Just another snafu in the mystery of Ice Arms.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 9:21:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Too many vendors out there who may charge a little more for parts but not have the sketchiness of this operation.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 10:05:17 AM EDT
[#8]
What are the current odds of them coming back for more butthurt?

Link Posted: 11/7/2013 10:19:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What are the current odds of them coming back for more butthurt?  
View Quote

I don't know. On one hand, it's being said that it's only a matter of payment. On the other, it's on the ass end of a blow up that should have seen them booted from the site. The vendors this site accepts money from reflect on this site. Even without what they did to me, (and blamed on me)  they're still pissing a lot of people off.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 2:19:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Their services and communication skills lack severely...that is obvious as black and white.  Beyond not answering or returning emails/calls/texts, many unfortunate customers also deal with being left a defective and/or incorrect product because no one at ICE returns their concerned emails/calls/texts.  And, even if Colin, the co-owner, does reach out to respond he will tell you the sweetest things and that he will take care of you...but, ultimately nothing comes out of it and the customers are again ignored and left to deal with a useless/improper/defective product.  ICE is very good at LIES and deceitful sales tactics, as many have witnessed.
Seems like a bunch of amateurs running a circus with no experience.  In addition, product quality is hit or miss with shoddy quality inspection...and pray you do not get a lemon (happens quite often) because if you do, be in for a wild hairy ride with possibly having to accept that useless crap as a lesson learned (could prevent all this completely by not supporting and buying from such a place to begin with) or waiting several months of headaches and HOPING someone at ICE will get it straighten out.
I would post pics of the initial BCG I received earlier in the year (along with 2 other BCGs from family members I've referred) when ICE first came on the scene with strong promises and big talks, but I deleted the pics when I became a fool listening to their sweet talks of taking care of me and not taking it to the forums or internet to "complain or whine".  After MONTHS of emails/texts and finally threatening them with calling my card company and taking my experience to the internet because I was lied to constantly with no product in hand that I've paid for, they finally sent a replacement that was still sub-par in construction and binded in the upper receiver half way in. The 2 other crap BCGs from family members were returned also for promised "nice ones" that never came.  Months in as well, they finally had to call their credit card companies for a chargeback as last resort after not getting any responses from ICE, even when telling them to respond or they would do this.

The replacement BCG is sitting in my drawer as a reminder to help people not fall into this crap trap with their lure of amazing prices and amazing product advertising.  Why gamble?

Quoted:
I'll post pics when it gets here.

I have no idea if the products they are selling are good quality or not. But it seems to me their problems have resulted from getting too big to fast. AND not having a proper business plan.

From what I have seen most of the complaints are around shipping/billing. Seems like a matter of expectations -- PSA  kept my order 'processing' for over a week before a shipping label was created, and then it took three days to get it on a truck. I wasn't worried since I had read many places to expect that.

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/7/2013 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

if paid by credit card, just call the number on the back of the card and do a charge back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great, they have my returned barrel and my $$ and aren't answering emails or phone calls.

if paid by credit card, just call the number on the back of the card and do a charge back.

I did speak to my bank Tuesday afternoon since I did not get a reply to my email sent on Monday and no one picked up the phone on Tuesday to start the dispute process.  Unfortunately I have to wait for the postal service to deliver the paperwork from the bank.  I did get a call from Colin Tuesday night saying that the refund process had begun but it takes 3-5 business days.  He said he could send me the receipt showing that they had started the process and I said that would be great.  He said he'd call "his boss" and have him email it to me.  Now it's Thursday.  No email, no refund, but I did get the bank paperwork so it's a race at this point.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Ice Arms Facebook:
We are currently taking a break from Ar15.com because we are currently unable to to meet the product demands put upon us at this time. We are working on these issues and fully plan on being back on in a few months.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/7/2013 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Ice Arms Facebook:
We are currently taking a break from Ar15.com because we are currently unable to to meet the product demands put upon us at this time. We are working on these issues and fully plan on being back on in a few months.  

Link Posted: 11/7/2013 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Ice Arms Facebook:

No loss there. I'll give them the... well, slight benefit of the doubt and say I hope things get better while they are gone. But by get better I mean they need to adopt some completely new business practices and employees, and heck, a new stock status on their site to actually be accurate. I won't miss the stress they put members through though. It was getting ridiculous.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 10:03:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Ice Arms Facebook:Arfcom has decided a good dog pile is in order, and that's what's happening
View Quote
they don't ship products. they lie about stock. they don't respond to status updates. they don't answer calls. they don't return emails.

fuck yeah i'd say a good dog pile was in order.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 10:08:54 PM EDT
[#16]
2 days ago they claimed that they'd be back yesterday.  Now they're taking a break.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 11:11:42 PM EDT
[#17]
this is starting to remind me of ar15barrels.com's demise and disappearance.  the tacked ee thread should be coming soon
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 4:22:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
2 days ago they claimed that they'd be back yesterday.  Now they're taking a break.
View Quote

I just read what they did to you........that is HORRIBLE and I will NEVER order from them again.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 5:56:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Its a real shame,  but its sounds like some people may get screwed.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 8:12:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Well, I got my barrel and it looks good. Packaging was a little cheezy. They sent it via fedex.  But they used a USPS mailer to wrap it with and tossed  it loose in the box.

I had seen some positive references to them in the archives and figured they were good to go. Hadn't seen this thread or the deleted feedback threads. Probably wouldn't have ordered from them if I had. But my experience was OK.

Link Posted: 11/8/2013 9:03:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well, I got my barrel and it looks good. Packaging was a little cheezy. They sent it via fedex.  But they used a USPS mailer to wrap it with and tossed  it loose in the box.

I had seen some positive references to them in the archives and figured they were good to go. Hadn't seen this thread or the deleted feedback threads. Probably wouldn't have ordered from them if I had. But my experience was OK.

View Quote

LOL, take a pic of the invoice and shipping label.   You joined Nov 13 and claim they shipped right away in your first post.  The rest of us are not getting anything shipped on orders they claim are in stock.  You must be special.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 10:35:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

LOL, take a pic of the invoice and shipping label.   You joined Nov 13 and claim they shipped right away in your first post.  The rest of us are not getting anything shipped on orders they claim are in stock.  You must be special.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be fair,  I ordered a sunburst comp from them, in order to compare it the flaming pig,  and it shipped within a day or two.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 10:36:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I just read what they did to you........that is HORRIBLE and I will NEVER order from them again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to them,  it's my fault for not trying harder to contact them.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 10:50:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The low post count and what not is sketchy in my opinion, but I got my barrel on Wednesday. Took about 1-1.5 week(s) from ordering to delivery. It looks good to me, I did have to fiddle with the low pro block I ordered with it a tad to get the tube in, but all is well now. Waiting on a couple more pieces for the build. It was the 7.5" barrel
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Proof of Positive Experience with Ice arms.
[IMUGR]CEEWW[\IMUGR]

First time posting pics here, hope that works.

one more time
http://i.imgur.com/95Gptl3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6AwGrAy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YQsH7lW.jpg
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 2:44:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Can someone explain the butthurt? From quickly running through this thread it looks like 5-6 butthurt customers trying to make it seem like ICE arms is the worst ever? Am I right or wrong?
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 3:00:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Can someone explain the butthurt? From quickly running through this thread it looks like 5-6 butthurt customers trying to make it seem like ICE arms is the worst ever? Am I right or wrong?
View Quote

*shrug* butthurt is a matter of opinion but when someone takes your money and says they ship in-stock items in 3 or 4 days and then don't ship for a month, ignore all forms of communication including the one they have set up to find out the status of your order but continue to advertise their products daily on the same site as being in-stock, then delete said threads because there are too many "where's my stuff posts" making them look bad it would seem the problem would be them, not us.

as for worst company ever, not really. pretty fucking bad right now though.

so i'd have to say wrong.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 3:02:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

*shrug* butthurt is a matter of opinion but when someone takes your money and says they ship in-stock items in 3 or 4 days and then don't ship for a month, ignore all forms of communication including the one they have set up to find out the status of your order but continue to advertise their products daily on the same site as being in-stock, then delete said threads because there are too many "where's my stuff posts" making them look bad it would seem the problem would be them, not us.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I guess my point, is that Palmetto State Armory does this every day. But the vibe I get from this thread, is that ICE arms scammed people and ran from the website for accountability purposes.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 3:20:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Well I guess my point, is that Palmetto State Armory does this every day. But the vibe I get from this thread, is that ICE arms scammed people and ran from the website for accountability purposes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

if you go look at PSAs where's my order thread, at least once a day they come in and collate all the posted requests and give you an update. my last two orders from PSA both shipped within a week, one of them during the height of the panic. IA ignored their thread for 3.5 weeks, came back and deleted all the backed up requests without answering any of them, started a new thread and again, without responding to any of the requests deleted the thread when status request piled up. the second thread(third version of the thread actually) didn't even last 3 hours.

running from accountability? i'm not in their decision loop but if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#30]
I ordered a Nickle Boron BCG by ice arms from AIM surplus a week ago... Got it on tuesday and inspected it.  Looks fine to me.  Good staking job, nothing seems out of spec.  NiB coating is consistent.

I am happy with the purchase.  

eh, i guess if it was all fucked up i would have just taken it up with AIM.  They have always been good to me.

wish me luck for when i go test it this weekend.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Butthurt?  Not quite.  Read my posts, I'd say very unamused and won't be a returning customer. PSA. Has a track record and good communication. The reason you only see 5-6 upset customers is because Ice deleted the threads of all the other upset customers. I'm sure there are people who made out just fine, but there's an above average number who didn't. I have a receipt for my refund finally, hopefully it shows up in my account soon. I'm a proud owner of a wilson combat barrel now and couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 4:56:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Yes PSA does update but the fact remains that their ship times are equalling ice arms in my own experience right now. It would definitely be better if they communicated better but the fact remains that for some orders they were on par with other vendors. And it's everyone's choice to buy from them or not...
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Bought a KX3 over Ice Arms... I was temped to try it out but id rather have the pig instead.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Bought a KX3 over Ice Arms... I was temped to try it out but id rather have the pig instead.
View Quote

Big difference in function and material quality also.  ICE's version is just to look the part.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#35]
The ICE Arms "where's my order thread" where I posted and received my company response has disappeared along with the contact e-mail of whoever was offering the customer service updates.

My package arrived today after they finally promised to ship it Wednesday. It contained a single NiB hammer thrown in an envelope and poking out the side.

NO NiB bolt, NO NiB cam pin included.

2/3rds of my order was missing. Shipping slip included ONLY lists the hammer,  which at this point has cost me $120 + $3.40 foreign fee +  40 days of waiting. Their website now shows my order as "shipped."

I have never had an experience this bad before.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#36]
UPDATE: I just received an e-mail reply from Julie at Ice Arms apologizing for messing up the order and promising to ship me the two missing items.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:40:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Finally received my in-stock barrel today, tomorrow will be 3 weeks. This is supposed to be a match grade barrel and the pinned the gas block. I was told this would be a $400 barrel, whatever....just glad to have the barrel.

I had told them I would post on Facebook when I received my barrel after a long phone conversation I had with Richard after calling him out on FB. This is what I posted:

Well, I promised Richard I would post here when I received my barrel. I received it today, 1 day shy of 3 weeks. After the snafu with my order not getting shipped and the second when their blanks didn't show up, Richard did finally get mine finished and shipped (2-day) out on Monday. I know, it's Friday and that's 4 days, but they did ship it on Monday and the barrel looks great.

I know everyone is reading about all the bad experiences on different forums and I'm of the same opinion as most. I ordered a in-stock barrel and didn't receive it for 3 weeks. My biggest issue is the lack of communication. When I first started checking on my order after about 3 days I sent several email and left voice mails, none of which were responded to and it was not until after a post here that I was able to get an answer when Richard called me. I know for me as well as most of us that shop online, customer service should be first and foremost. With all the scams that you hear of we're all afraid of getting caught in that trap, so, when you place a order and your card is charged and then your order dosen't ship and you have no contact, we all get upset and nervous that you've been screwed. After my call from Richard I had no further issues, Richard would return my emails and Ashley responded to my messages here.

I hope that Ice Arms makes it as a company, but unless they change they way they do business I don't see them lasting long. I was told they ship a lot of orders everyday (that I assume are on time), and that may be the case, but in all the post I've read I've only seen a couple where people have placed orders and then received them quickly. I wish them all the luck in the future but until I start to see improvement in service I won't be placing any more orders. There are too many other companies that sell the same items without all the BS and worries.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I ordered a Nickle Boron BCG by ice arms from AIM surplus a week ago... Got it on tuesday and inspected it.  Looks fine to me.  Good staking job, nothing seems out of spec.  NiB coating is consistent.

eh, i guess if it was all fucked up i would have just taken it up with AIM.  They have always been good to me.

View Quote

I'd buy their products through a vendor like AIM, but not from them directly
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:57:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they plan to survive that might be the best route for them to take, and quit selling direct.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 12:33:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If they plan to survive that might be the best route for them to take, and quit selling direct.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you think about it.. Rainier doesn't carry them... and somehow I don't ever see them doing that.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 4:29:59 PM EDT
[#41]

To be fair,  I ordered a sunburst comp from them, in order to compare it the flaming pig,  and it shipped within a day or two.  
http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg420/danwest/Mobile%20Uploads/1383834969_zpsd40f1fa2.jpg
View Quote

Dan_Gray
I am looking at doing the same thing.  What is your hand guard and barrel length?
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 4:50:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Dan_Gray
I am looking at doing the same thing.  What is your hand guard and barrel length?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg420/danwest/Mobile%20Uploads/1383834969_zpsd40f1fa2.jpg

Dan_Gray

11.5 bbl, 9 "fortis rev
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 12:41:45 AM EDT
[#43]
I purchased a phosphate bolt carrier from them before. IMO, it was a pleasant transaction. Bolt carrier looked fine and was shipped quickly. I guess I just got lucky.
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 12:48:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Terrible.

Customer service is non nonexistent and their NiB bcg is second rate.  Would not purchase from them again.  Had to go through my CC company to get a refund.  Shipped their part back with note telling them what they could do with it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 12:55:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Holy crap, I never realized how bad Ice Arms got! I figured they were GTG when I ordered, which was in the first couple of months they opened. Was thinking about ordering a couple of BCGs from them again but I'll pass.
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 10:52:28 PM EDT
[#46]
I ordered a BCG from them this month and a enhanced lower kit last month and both shipped next day. My only gripe is they use fedex which has worse tracking and slower shipping especially coming all the way to Michigan.
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 2:02:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I ordered a BCG from them this month and a enhanced lower kit last month and both shipped next day. My only gripe is they use fedex which has worse tracking and slower shipping especially coming all the way to Michigan.
View Quote

Mkglock
USA MI, USA

Not obvious at all....
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 2:08:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Mkglock
USA MI, USA

Not obvious at all....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mkglock
USA MI, USA

Not obvious at all....

First 13'er posted pictures maybe this one will too.
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 9:00:24 AM EDT
[#49]
If they're company shills, getting paperwork and pics means nothing.
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mkglock
USA MI, USA

Not obvious at all....

Link Posted: 11/11/2013 10:30:29 AM EDT
[#50]
They sound to me like a small time start up that got WAY to big WAY to fast.

The problem with most small business is that the people running them AREN'T business men. They have little understanding of what it really takes to run a successful business.

The first thing they do wrong is not hiring qualified people to help when things get busy. Don't ask your wife to run your support dept. Don't ask your cousin to run shipping.

HIRE PEOPLE. (yes you can hire temps that work 1-2 days a week)

People get greedy and want to keep all the profits. You also need a thicker skin, you can't get upset when customers get demanding. Communication is the key, I can't tell you how many times I have called customers when stuff gets screwed up. I hate those calls but hiding from your customers only makes it worse.

It is probably best for them to take a break since they can't handle the volume.
Page / 13
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top