Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 49
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 8:30:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone order directly from DD lately?  I ordered Monday and got a confirmation, but my card wasn't charged.  I'm not getting antsy or anything, just curious as to how long it's been taking to process over there.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 8:53:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rainier Select 16 inch w/ gas block and tube $280

Finally found the barrel I've been hoping for. It's not a medcon, but it'll work just as well!

Just grabbed one too.  Hopefully they are actually in stock!

I've been emailing the owner of the store because I backordered one this weekend. He emailed me to let me know that mine had shipped already and I didn't need to order another one. So they really are in stock! and they will ship out tomorrow according to the owner!

I got a shipping notification!  Check the site and they are OOS now.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 9:00:14 AM EDT
[#3]
"Zombie" barrel,LOL  what was I thinking... I think I got in frenzy mode for a minute when I ordered one of these as well. I guess we'll wait it out and see...

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I ordered a barrel from the Zombie Barrel company.  Anyone had any updates or shipments to report? So far the only communication I got was just the automated responses when I placed the order.

They did say around three weeks when I ordered mine, and its going right on 2 weeks right now... I'll give em a bit more time.

I ordered mine on 1/3 and it is on back order now

Wait time is 6-8 weeks

Link Posted: 1/31/2013 9:15:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Update on the barrel I ordered from AR15Depot.com  The gas port was way undersized...  Would not even budge the bolt backwards.  Guess that is why I own a drill, to open that guy up to the correct spec.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rainier Select 16 inch w/ gas block and tube $280

Finally found the barrel I've been hoping for. It's not a medcon, but it'll work just as well!

Just grabbed one too.  Hopefully they are actually in stock!

I've been emailing the owner of the store because I backordered one this weekend. He emailed me to let me know that mine had shipped already and I didn't need to order another one. So they really are in stock! and they will ship out tomorrow according to the owner!

I got a shipping notification!  Check the site and they are OOS now.

Same here! I got tracking numbers for both of my orders! Woot Woot!
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 10:33:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anyone order directly from DD lately?  I ordered Monday and got a confirmation, but my card wasn't charged.  I'm not getting antsy or anything, just curious as to how long it's been taking to process over there.

LOL nevermind - got a notification that the order is "complete."
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Back on Jan 9 I ordered a 20" pencil barrel from DelTon. "Subject to Availability"--- but they let me order it. Never really had any hopes of it coming soon. Received a tracking order yesterday, should be here tomorrow. Wow, pretty good for these times. Don't know if this means things are picking up. I hope so. Also when I ordered it I asked that a standard A2 sight base be affixed instead of the F marked one in the specs. Again I'm impressed with DelTon.

Now for the Zombie's. I ordered a MidLength back on the 16th. As said before at that time they indicated up to a 3 week wait. Couple days ago they announced everything was gone and now it's 6 to 8 weeks. Not really sure if I'm still in the 3 week crowd or now the 6 to 8 week crowd. Guess I could cancel after allowing 3 weeks----or heck, for $99 I guess I can let it roll. Card's already been charged.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 1:51:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Rainier barrels in stock. 16.5" selects
Rainier
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 2:28:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Rainier

Thanks, got one. I really wanted a 16" select, but the 18" MEDCON will be nice and different from what I already have. Looks like I'm going the scoped bipod route now.....

Damn now I need a good 2 stage trigger.

Link Posted: 1/31/2013 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Rainier

Not anymore
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Got one.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 3:51:50 PM EDT
[#12]
18" back in stock. Looks like 15 left.
rainier
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
18" back in stock. Looks like 15 left.
rainier

Now showing 11 remaining.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Rainier

How are these accuracy wise? I got into this late in the game and am trying to get all the parts together. I was considering their match grade barrel but if the selects are decent maybe I should just buy it while it's available.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rainier

How are these accuracy wise? I got into this late in the game and am trying to get all the parts together. I was considering their match grade barrel but if the selects are decent maybe I should just buy it while it's available.

description of all selects are sub MOA at 100 yards with match ammo.  

Hopefully the 16" barrels will be in stock soon!
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rainier

I have a Rainier 18in Match, SPR cut with the .223 Wylde chamber.  It has the ability to put bullets in the same hole at 100rds.  I can't do it consistenly but, the gun is capable.

I have a 5.56 chamber 10.5in select barrel that I have not shot yet and it looks just as good as the 18in match does  Rainier is quality, and if they guarantee sum MOA with match ammo I would have no doubts it would produce sub MOA results.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 5:35:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rainier

The rumor is these are black hole weaponry barrels made to Rainier's specs. They're a great value.
I scored one of the 16 inch selects (non medcon) last night. I'm planning on having it dimpled now!
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 6:11:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rainier

The rumor is these are black hole weaponry barrels made to Rainier's specs. They're a great value.
I scored one of the 16 inch selects (non medcon) last night. I'm planning on having it dimpled now!

Scored a Rainier's 16" barrel?

If so, it's proof that they're not sending emails or I'm not getting any.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 6:18:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Might wanna check your junk folder or go back to the barrels you want and try and re-set up your "notify me" system.  Barrels like that one probably have the option of matte finish or black oxide finish which requires you to add them to your wish list to get notified.  They are sending out in stock emails for sure, I have received a few in the last couple days.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#20]
ADCO has DD 16in M4 CHF bbl in stock $265
http://www.adcofirearms.com/itemdetails_.cfm?inventorynumber=402

ETA: I didn't get notified of the RA 18in bbls coming back in stock either. Setup yesterday to be notified of either finish.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rainier

If you read a few posts up the thread, I mentioned it was from Atomic Tactical
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 6:43:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Just ordered a 14.5" DD CHF LW Carbine Barrel from DSG Arms.  Looks like they are still in stock.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rainier

I got one as well and it looks like the gas block is already attached, so do you think they dimpled the barrel also or not?
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 7:05:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Now for the Zombie's. I ordered a MidLength back on the 16th. As said before at that time they indicated up to a 3 week wait. Couple days ago they announced everything was gone and now it's 6 to 8 weeks. Not really sure if I'm still in the 3 week crowd or now the 6 to 8 week crowd. Guess I could cancel after allowing 3 weeks----or heck, for $99 I guess I can let it roll. Card's already been charged.

Just received an email that I'm now on the 6 to 8 week list. They gave me the option to continue with the order or get refunded.

Link Posted: 1/31/2013 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just received an email that I'm now on the 6 to 8 week list. They gave me the option to continue with the order or get refunded.

Same here. I think I'm going for a refund and waiting till stuff dies down or I can get a used barrel.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just ordered a 14.5" DD CHF LW Carbine Barrel from DSG Arms.  Looks like they are still in stock.

I ordered DD Lightweight 16" barrel yesterday and tonight I got email with pdf. for my invoice and also my tracking number for USPS but it is not accurate for 24 hours. I am pretty happy I hope the barrel ships out of their Fort Worth location because they are only six miles from my home and maybe I will see it very soon?

Chris

Link Posted: 1/31/2013 8:25:50 PM EDT
[#28]

FWIW, I called DD to inquire about is their site is live inventory.  The DD customer service rep said no, BUT the 1:7 LW stripped was in stock earlier today.  He said it would ship tomorrow or Monday if I ordered.  2 day shipping via Fedex for about 15.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#29]
I gave up on my Zombie barrel and requested a refund, Rebekah emailed me back pretty quickly and had it in the process... I'd rather have that money towards the 18" Rainier select medcom I got today...
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 9:43:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rainier

I got one as well and it looks like the gas block is already attached, so do you think they dimpled the barrel also or not?

I think rainier puts groves for the gas block on all their barrels. I meant actually dimpling the whole front of the barrel. Like this. I'm putting this on a purple rifle. So i might as well make it crazy looking on the barrel too

Link Posted: 1/31/2013 10:38:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Got the Zombie refund/backorder email today as well. Does anyone else have any for the same money as they do? May just be worth the wait as I am a little short now.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 10:50:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rainier

I think rainier puts groves for the gas block on all their barrels. I meant actually dimpling the whole front of the barrel. Like this. I'm putting this on a purple rifle. So i might as well make it crazy looking on the barrel too
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m217/map32968/sidebysidebarrels.jpg

Oh!  That's definitely different!
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 2:32:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Daniel Defense barrels in stock directly from their website.  Ordered a 14.5 light carbine today, went through, and card was charged.  

A little warning for tablet and mobile users, their website doesn't function properly with an android browser.

Kane

Thanks. Went ahead and ordered a 16" mid length. Mine went through and card was charged as well.

Mine shipped today.  Have tracking # and should be here Thursday.

Ordered 1-26, received on 1-31.  Four business days to process, pick, pack, and ship.  Lightning fast even in calmer times.

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 7:03:11 AM EDT
[#35]
PRI has 6.8 barrels in stock.

http://www.precisionreflex.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=725092&CAT=4212

Mine shipped out yesterday. These are very nice douglas made barrels.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 7:17:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Daniel Defense barrels in stock directly from their website.  Ordered a 14.5 light carbine today, went through, and card was charged.  

A little warning for tablet and mobile users, their website doesn't function properly with an android browser.

Kane

Thanks. Went ahead and ordered a 16" mid length. Mine went through and card was charged as well.

Ordered 1-26, received on 1-31.  Four business days to process, pick, pack, and ship.  Lightning fast even in calmer times.

I still haven't received a tracking number yet. All I got was the "order complete" email, and it shows complete in the DD website.

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 11:52:54 AM EDT
[#38]
http://www.adcofirearms.com/itemdetails_.cfm?inventorynumber=402

I ordered one of these last night an just received a tracking number today

Also Primary Arms has a selection of barrels listed as in stock on their website
https://www.primaryarms.com/AR15_Barrels_s/63.htm

now I just need see how long it will take to get a refund for the Zombie barrel I purchased two weeks ago.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kane

I still haven't received a tracking number yet. All I got was the "order complete" email, and it shows complete in the DD website.

I ordered mine Monday, they sent me my "complete" status update yesterday, and charged my card today.  I sent a note asking about what the status change meant, and they said it would be shipping out today and I should get my tracking number soon.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Just got off the phone with daniel defense was advised that if the order is able to go through then they have product in stock... I think this contradicts what I've read elsewhere.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 3:35:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Went out on a limb for a 16" zombie barrel.  Never heard of these guys, but it's worth a shot I guess.  

Now to find an elusive bcg.

My order that was placed on the 16th was canceled.  It was in stock when I ordered according to the website.  So much for trying an unknown company.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 4:02:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
WMD GUNS
“In stock-limited supply:
16” mid length gas port Nitromet (salt bath nitride) match grade barrels, 1:7 twist 4150 CMV with NiB-X coated barrel extension attached. $239.56
16” mid length gas port Nitromet bore, NiB-X coated exterior match grade barrels, 1:7 twist 4150 CMV with NiB-X coated barrel extension attached. $253.36
These will be put on the web store at www.wmdguns.com 1/30/13 at noon EST.”

Posted on facebook.

Ordered a mid Nitromet yesterday around 4:00 and received a tracking number this afternoon!
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 5:16:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Rainier has some medcon 18" again
rainier
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 7:46:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Primary Armshas some in stock. I just garbed a 16" spikes.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 7:52:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered DD Lightweight 16" barrel yesterday and tonight I got email with pdf. for my invoice and also my tracking number for USPS but it is not accurate for 24 hours. I am pretty happy I hope the barrel ships out of their Fort Worth location because they are only six miles from my home and maybe I will see it very soon?

Chris

Same here.  Got the email today with my invoice and tracking number.  I'm pretty excited.  Now I need to find a Vltor upper receiver and a BCG.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

Same here.  Got the email today with my invoice and tracking number.  I'm pretty excited.  Now I need to find a Vltor upper receiver and a BCG.

Hmmm......I still don't have a tracking number after my order was "complete" on Wednesday.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 8:27:06 PM EDT
[#47]
I ordered the 18" MEDCON from Rainier yesterday evening;  tracking info this afternoon.  Kudos to those guys for the quick turn...
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I ordered the 18" MEDCON from Rainier yesterday evening;  tracking info this afternoon.  Kudos to those guys for the quick turn...

Same here! Rainier is great. Just wish I got a 16", not sure I want an 18". I sure do like the MEDCON profile though.

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
rainier

Not no mo.

Had one in my "cart", went and "shot a deuce", came back to order and they were gone. Guess I should have just soiled my drawers.......
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 10:02:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
rainier

Not no mo.

Had one in my "cart", went and "shot a deuce", came back to order and they were gone. Guess I should have just soiled my drawers.......

Hahaha same thing here...buddy has been looking for a barrel and in the time it took me to call him up and tell him it went out of stock. Ended up getting the 16 M4 from ADCO.
Page / 49
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top