BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/11/2007 7:39:14 AM EDT
What do you think of them, good or bad. Lets here some facts based on experience. I am going to order 11 units and would like to here some info before I lay the cash out for these scopes. The one I am looking at in this pic is a 1X4X28.
Link Posted: 9/11/2007 8:07:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Scope brand and model?
Link Posted: 9/11/2007 8:16:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Didn't we conclude they were Russian/Asian Barska junk?
Link Posted: 9/11/2007 8:23:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I know there was a thread here about them there is also a lengthy thread at snipers hide about them.

norris
Link Posted: 9/11/2007 8:26:13 AM EDT
[#4]
ost

I've heard they were rebranded crap, but nothing substantiated...
Link Posted: 9/11/2007 8:48:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Scope brand and model?

As far as I know they are made by the company Counter Sniper, model would be 1X4X28

Quoted:
Didn't we conclude they were Russian/Asian Barska junk?

I was told that they are made in the USA.

Link Posted: 9/11/2007 8:50:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Can't see the pic, but was wondering what brand scope are you referring to?
Link Posted: 9/11/2007 8:50:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/11/2007 8:54:16 AM EDT
[#8]
i was interested in one too but then i found this picture on another thread and research it ,it look like it is some chinnese **** named vector optics for sale on ebay for $149.00 I would love to have more info on counter sniper scopes series .http://D:\Documents

Here is a link
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vector-Optics-1-4x24-First-Focal-Plane-Military-Scope_W0QQitemZ130150938217QQihZ003QQcategoryZ31714QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Link Posted: 9/11/2007 9:05:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Never heard about them. BUT instead of buying 11, buy 1 and if you like it buy the rest?
Link Posted: 9/11/2007 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#10]
It was asked in the GD about more info on where the OP is getting them from, price, source, etc...Guess it was too much to ask, links?

Anyway..tagging for more info. Turret knobs on a low power seem excessive and the rings look like chicom crap.

Link Posted: 9/11/2007 10:36:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It was asked in the GD about more info on where the OP is getting them from, price, source, etc...Guess it was too much to ask, links?

Anyway..tagging for more info. Turret knobs on a low power seem excessive and the rings look like chicom crap.

It was said that I did not know much about it, cant give you a link to something I can not find. As for the price. I do believe that I told you the suggested retail is 399.99.

I priced the rings and was told they are around 75.00.

Do me a favor and do not turn this thread into the BS it turned into the last time. I am asking for facts, Not your opinions.

www.midwayusa.com/ebrowse.exe/brandlisting?brandid=2473
Link Posted: 9/11/2007 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#12]

mrassII

What do you think of them, good or bad.  

That's what you asked....

I mean C'mon.. get serious.. look at the Special Forces logo and the "property of the US Government BS stenciled on these .....

I don't think it takes a brain surgeon to figure out these are cheap overseas Junk that will give you exactly what you paid for them.

Do you REALLY think any one who is a professional would even waste ther time to review these as anything but what they are.......
Link Posted: 9/11/2007 12:32:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

mrassII

I mean C'mon.. get serious.. look at the Special Forces logo and the "property of the US Government BS stenciled on these .....

I don't think it takes a brain surgeon to figure out these are cheap overseas Junk that will give you exactly what you paid for them.

Do you REALLY think any one who is a professional would even waste ther time to review these as anything but what they are.......

I would expect that you state facts and not your opinion from looking at a picture.
Link Posted: 9/11/2007 12:45:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

mrassII

I would expect that you state facts and not your opinion from looking at a picture.

You know, you have a terrible attitude about this..Opinions are based on facts.

Fact, good glass is alot more expensive. For various reasons.
Fact, good glass comes from good names, IOR, NF, Leup, etc
Fact, none of those named have silly markings.
Fact, the best 300.00 range scope with ANY credibility is going to be Millet or the SS
Fact, barley info on the web about "Counter Sniper Scopes", that speaks volumes to me.
Fact, men engaging in Counter Sniping don't use cheap glass.
Fact, no build on ARFCOM has had Counter Sniper Scopes, IIRC.

Buy it, test it, try it, range report it. If it is good, use it. If not, ebay it and some tacticool airsofters will fight for it and you use it as a lesson learned for buying cheap glass. If it is good, then do us all a favor and tell us with your eperience why you like it over the other ones you are familar with and why you are using it over the ones you have used in the past.

Fact, you want to hear it is a good scope for 399.00 and you are not going to accept anything else. Dont go complaing to the mods or staff when you are not hearing what you want.
Link Posted: 9/11/2007 12:52:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

mrassII

you asked what do you THINK... that implies OPINION...

if you wanted facts, you could have asked... WHAT ARE THE FACTS ON CS SCOPES?

if you did a search (you are a member), you'd see that in most threads regarding these scopes the consensus was that they are rebranded junk from overseas... or junk from overseas made with exotic metals (titanium) and WAY OVER PRICED...

their claims of being used by "SPESHUL FORCES" is pretty much BS... and the fact that they are owned by "DARK OPS HOLDINGS" is another clue.

Another dead giveaway that they are BS:

All CounterSniper Products will be available globally Summer 2007!

and their scope is marked "EXPORT PROHIBITED"

I don't believe anything in their scopes is ITAR protected

their marketing company (Pyramont) is also famous for their sweet EXTREME SHOCK crap ammunition advertisements...
Link Posted: 9/11/2007 12:57:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

mrassII

you asked what do you THINK... that implies OPINION...

if you wanted facts, you could have asked... WHAT ARE THE FACTS ON CS SCOPES?

if you did a search (you are a member), you'd see that in most threads regarding these scopes the consensus was that they are rebranded junk from overseas... or junk from overseas made with exotic metals (titanium) and WAY OVER PRICED...

their claims of being used by "SPESHUL FORCES" is pretty much BS... and the fact that they are owned by "DARK OPS HOLDINGS" is another clue.

Another dead giveaway that they are BS:

All CounterSniper Products will be available globally Summer 2007!

and their scope is marked "EXPORT PROHIBITED"

I don't believe anything in their scopes is ITAR protected

their marketing company (Pyramont) is also famous for their sweet EXTREME SHOCK crap ammunition advertisements...

See now that is some facts that I was looking for. Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/11/2007 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#17]
This is what I was afraid of and why I trusted the Arfcom to bring my question here. I knew someone  would eventually be able to dig up some info that I could not find and bring some facts to the table. The last thing I want to do is invest money into some China/Russian crap that has been remarked.
I was hopping that someone had already done some leg work and had a working knowledge of the scope and could state some facts.

I spoke to the Company and was told that these scopes sold from anywhere from 1100.00 to 2000.00 depending on the power. They then told me that they have over runs from Govt contracts. And they sell these for 399.00 to 800.00.

OK so I asked how often do you have these over runs. They told me all the time. So I am thinking, why would you have so much over runs and why sell them at such a huge discount if they are the same scopes as the 1100.00 to 2000.00 priced ones. Doesn't make much sense but anything is possible.

I asked for some pics to look at the quality of the scopes. The only one they sent was of the one I posted. It does look to be a single tube, that is good. But as you all state that it doesn't make sense to put target knobs on such a low power scope. But again I have seen a lot of crazy things done.

I was thinking about purchasing 11 units as I would have to make a first min order for dealer price. I asked if I could buy one at dealer cost to evaluate but was told no, I would have to pay full retail if I wanted just one scope. But in the sentence before that she had just told me that the overruns consisted of scopes that had been demo'ed. Doesn't make any sense if you want me to be a dealer but you will not sell me a scope to evaluate.

AS for the name of the company, a lot of weird names have came about since 9/11 and since the war in Iraq. I figured it was just another company trying to stay in the media grove of advertising to catch the tacticool guys with lots of money to burn. I am one of those guys that looks for a good deal that is practical.
Link Posted: 9/11/2007 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
i was interested in one too but then i found this picture on another thread and research it ,it look like it is some chinnese **** named vector optics for sale on ebay for $149.00 I would love to have more info on counter sniper scopes series .D:\Documents and Settings\sruiz\My Documents\My Pictures\vector optics.jpg

Here is a link
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vector-Optics-1-4x24-First-Focal-Plane-Military-Scope_W0QQitemZ130150938217QQihZ003QQcategoryZ31714QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I checked out the Vector scope on Ebay, from what I can see, this is not the same scope. The Vector scope you found doesn't have mil dot reticle. The Counter Sniper scope doesnt have a lighted reticle as the Vector scope on Ebay has a lighted reticle consisting of both red and green.  
The Vector  scope is a 1X4X24 and the one I have posted is a 1x4x28.
The Vector scope doesn't look the quality of the other scope, even the turret knobs do not look the same.
Link Posted: 9/11/2007 4:40:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Mike(Mod) Snipershide

Just completed tests of 3-9 SPR type scope with Mildot Reticle. It worked real well.

Working on 4-16, 5-25, 8-32, 1-4 and 1-8 scopes. Wont be done with this for about 1.5 months because I am tied up getting ready for F Class Nationals

I dont know anything about these, read the thread over there...alittle more informative than here.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2007 5:47:43 PM EDT
[#20]
interesting find

Arcangel8654

Ill give my limited experience with a 3x9 counter sniper..I took it with me on my last deployment..It sat on top of my SPR ..I have seen and handled the cheap chinese scopes that look like the counter snipers and can tell you they are not the same scopes..The counter sniper scope has excellent glass..far better than any super snipers I have. In fact its a little brighter and clearer than a leupold mk4..its just shy in optical clarity to a nightforce. The knobs and clicks are very good and it held zero very good.. Its very well made and the illuminations both the red and green were flawless. It went through some pretty rough handling and held up fine. Its definitely waterproof.. I wish I got a little longer test out of it but due to unforseen circumstances my trip was cut short..but I will definitely use and abuse the scope some more real soon. And I do believe this is an american made scope..The glass might be japanese but i do believe it is american..I would never take a chinese made scope into a combat enviroment..Or anything chinese made for that matter.
Semper FI
Link Posted: 9/11/2007 6:06:00 PM EDT
[#21]
in regards the above ccomment, it doesnt sound right

an SPR comes with a Luepold in the KIT, why would a counter sniper be sitting on top of one?
Semper Fi is a Marine term, implying he is a Marine.
Marines dont have SPR's.
if Marine leader ship knew that a Marine took a factory optic off a precision weapon heads would roll.

story sounds off for various reasons
Link Posted: 9/11/2007 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#22]
I wouldn't know. I am not an expert on anything.
Link Posted: 9/11/2007 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

an SPR comes with a Luepold in the KIT, why would a counter sniper be sitting on top of one?
Marines dont have SPR's.
if Marine leader ship knew that a Marine took a factory optic off a precision weapon heads would roll.

+1 the SAM-R uses a TS30-A2 (Leupold Mark IV 3-9x)
Link Posted: 9/11/2007 6:31:19 PM EDT
[#24]
removed per coc
Link Posted: 9/11/2007 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Are we all not idiots in one way or another. Sheesh
Link Posted: 9/12/2007 5:44:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Let me clarify that the Counter Sniper Crusader Scope 30mm Tube 1-4x 24mm Illuminated Tactical Precision Fine Plex Reticle Matte .following the descrption that you get on midway usa does have a illu. reticle and if you read the reviews on that product in midway there is at least one reference and i quote: "the two color reticle is cool""here is the link:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=214855&t=11082005
Link Posted: 9/12/2007 6:32:33 AM EDT
[#27]
You are correct as I missed that, so I am going to post and quote the description,

Note - Counter Sniper does not provide any dimensions for their scopes.
# 1x-4x 30mm body, 24mm primary objective, side focus, forged T6160 aircraft aluminum alloy covert black anodized body, lockable turrets, proprietary -230 to +485 degree stable bertrillium zantitium multicoated optics on both primary and secondary and all interior lens groups, proprietary rare earth/nitrogen gas purged, hard earth sealed, variable power illuminated fine plex reticle, 5000g test, full warranted 10 years against manufacturing defects.
# US Gov. Property Marked, night vision and video vision compatible

# 1/8 MOA adjustments
Measurements: Objective 33.6mm, Eyepiece 43.5mm, 10 1/4" long, available mounting space for front ring 1 1/4", center turret area is 1 3/4", mounting space for rear ring 1 1/4"
# Scope comes with flip-up lens covers
# Scope does not ship with any instructions or other accessories
# Includes 3 volt lithium battery

Read Product Reviews

Reviews displayed for:
Counter Sniper Crusader Scope 30mm Tube 1-4x 24mm Illuminated Tactical Precision Fine Plex Reticle Matte

Terry Jackson of Scranton, PA
Rating:
Date Posted: 6/26/2007

Review:
This scope is awesome, and it is built like a truck! Order the gooseneck 30mm mount if you are using a short stock AR. The optics in this are some of the best I have ever seen, the two color reticle is cool and it survived a turret-on impact down a full flight of steel stairs in a shoot house with only a surface scratch!

Was this review helpful? Yes | No
8 found it helpful | 0 did not
Jim Webster of Beacon, NY
Rating:
Date Posted: 7/17/2007

Review:
The scope body is very well built. The optics are clear and bright. This model works well with LaRue Tactical LT158-30 quick disconnect mount. Some models come with fixed turret scales that cannot be re-zeroed once the optic is sighted in. It just makes the math a little more difficult.

5 found it helpful | 0 did not
jake corbett of fairbanks, ak
Rating:
Date Posted: 6/18/2007

Review:
very robust scope. true 1x. precise, positive clicks. not a mildot reticle.

10 found it helpful | 2 did not

Link Posted: 9/12/2007 7:30:08 AM EDT
[#28]
http://www.scvector.biz/english/product.asp
Shanghai Sunclear Vector Optics Co.,Ltd
It's definitely not American Made. Descriptions will vary from online vendor to online vendor but it's still cheap Chicom stuff. Caveat Emptor!
Misc
Link Posted: 9/12/2007 8:18:28 AM EDT
[#29]
I have read the thread over at sniper's hide.  It seems the scopes are getting pretty good reviews form people who actually have them.  That being said I wouldn't buy 11 without first testing 1.

I agree that the marketing is a little gimmicky, but there is a lot of bashing going on without hands on experience.  However, for $400 I would keep saving and get a Meopta K dot.

norris
Link Posted: 9/12/2007 9:29:49 AM EDT
[#30]
A few questions worth asking:

What are bertrillium and zantitium?

-230 to +485 degree stable bertrillium zantitium multicoated optics

How do you purge something with rare earth elements, which are typically solids?  What does "hard earth sealed" mean?

rare earth/nitrogen gas purged, hard earth sealed

Research these phrases, and you'll find they don't mean anything.  I'd never even consider buying a scope from a company that used pseudo-scientific garble like this in their marketing.  This is BS of the highest order, and coupled with their "overrun" claims and markings, makes the whole thing very suspicious.  

The product may be better than the marketing, but how could you possibly trust any manufacturer that used terms and phrases like this?

Link Posted: 9/12/2007 11:32:01 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

How do you purge something with rare earth elements, which are typically solids?  What does "hard earth sealed" mean?

Research these phrases, and you'll find they don't mean anything.  I'd never even consider buying a scope from a company that used pseudo-scientific garble like this in their marketing.  This is BS of the highest order, and coupled with their "overrun" claims and markings, makes the whole thing very suspicious.  

The product may be better than the marketing, but how could you possibly trust any manufacturer that used terms and phrases like this?

Made from pure Sniper-tium!
Link Posted: 9/12/2007 12:03:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Get serious guys:

By the way if someone bought a counter sniper scope i have some 30mm tactical rings made from supercalifragilisticexpialidocioum each one with six screws made from mydogdrankmybeerium
Link Posted: 9/12/2007 1:43:37 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i'll admit it... i just LOL'd... i forgot those outlandish claims in my original response... but i filed them under the marketing companies fault... you know the same ones that brought you FANG FACE EXTREME SHOCK AIR DEPLOYED DEATH RAY DOG SEEKING BABY SMASHING FRANGIBLE ARMOR PIERCING DISSOLVING MAGICAL BULLETS...
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 3:52:00 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
It's definitely not American Made. Descriptions will vary from online vendor to online vendor but it's still cheap Chicom stuff. Caveat Emptor!
Misc

Well, I bought one off the EE used (the Counter Sniper 1x4)...it was a good deal and it came with a LaRue SPR 1.5 mount.

I will say that the optic on the scvector site is not the same one I have in my posession.  The turret numbering and knurling is different and the CS scope has locking turrets.  Could they be changed out?...don't know.  The scope tube does look similar, but the site pics aren't very good for direct comparison.

Optically it is very clear and bright and is on par with my Leupold and better than my Nikon.  

The 1x isn't a true 1x IMO.  I noted slight magnification, but it didn't hamper close range both-eyes-open shooting.  Initially what I thought was peripheral distortion was instead slight magnification.

Turret adjustments are audible and tactile and the scope zeroed without issue.  FWIW, the turret adjustments felt "beefy" and nothing like the brass-on-brass and nylon-on-nylon adjustments on Barska and/or Famous Maker scopes I've played with.  The latter scopes' adjustments, IME, tend to soften and get mushy after a bit of use.

It is a FFP scope.

I didn't have time to use the scope in a local IDPA rifle match.

The center "+" is thick for any kind of precise work, but I believe it'll be fast for 3-gun.

Don't ask about durability yet as I've not had it long enough to tell.  I'll answer any questions anybody has.

I'll type more later, the SO is hounding me for Mexican food.

Link Posted: 10/24/2007 3:41:11 AM EDT
[#35]
http://www.countersniperoptics.com/

LoL
Link Posted: 10/24/2007 7:28:54 AM EDT
[#36]
And the Category is:Cheap scopes for $400.   Alex, I'll take the Burris 2-7x35 Fullfiield Tactical w/Armalite 1 piece mount for $325. At least you know what you are getting. (and it works well)
Link Posted: 10/24/2007 11:06:44 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

LoL

Hell, at least they could post some hot chicks holding AirSoft M-4 clones or something?

Link Posted: 10/24/2007 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#38]
This Millett scope from midwayusa.com looks good.
Millett Tactical 1-4x24
Link Posted: 10/24/2007 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#39]
[
quote]Quoted:

Quoted:

LoL

Hell, at least they could post some hot chicks holding AirSoft M-4 clones or something?

They are probably to busy to work on their website due to the high demand of their products for the military around the world LOL
Link Posted: 10/24/2007 11:29:04 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Millett Tactical 1-4x24

Read about too many problems with the Millett.

Lots of folks here have returned theirs due to smudges or loose particulate in the scope tube.  Long wait time for replacements.  No thanks.

Link Posted: 10/24/2007 4:35:23 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Misc

Well, I bought one off the EE used (the Counter Sniper 1x4)...it was a good deal and it came with a LaRue SPR 1.5 mount.

I will say that the optic on the scvector site is not the same one I have in my posession.  The turret numbering and knurling is different and the CS scope has locking turrets.  Could they be changed out?...don't know.  The scope tube does look similar, but the site pics aren't very good for direct comparison.

Optically it is very clear and bright and is on par with my Leupold and better than my Nikon.  

The 1x isn't a true 1x IMO.  I noted slight magnification, but it didn't hamper close range both-eyes-open shooting.  Initially what I thought was peripheral distortion was instead slight magnification.

Turret adjustments are audible and tactile and the scope zeroed without issue.  FWIW, the turret adjustments felt "beefy" and nothing like the brass-on-brass and nylon-on-nylon adjustments on Barska and/or Famous Maker scopes I've played with.  The latter scopes' adjustments, IME, tend to soften and get mushy after a bit of use.

It is a FFP scope.

I didn't have time to use the scope in a local IDPA rifle match.

The center "+" is thick for any kind of precise work, but I believe it'll be fast for 3-gun.

Don't ask about durability yet as I've not had it long enough to tell.  I'll answer any questions anybody has.

I'll type more later, the SO is hounding me for Mexican food.

mine seems like a true 1x, much better than my old zos 1.25x.  thought it was a mildot, thats why i didnt get the burris.
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#42]
I'll wait while the jury's out on this one... or at least until I can actually see / touch one before shelling out the $400.

If the other over-priced/over-hyped crapola they market is anything to go by, I'll just stick with my usual brands.

IMHO what the gov't contract overruns statement really means is:

"We don't even have a gov't contract, so technically they're all overruns."

ETA: Hint, hint...

Most manufacturers that make such claims are able to substantiate them with at least an NSN.

...and that's the easiest part to get.
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 4:17:58 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I have read the thread over at sniper's hide.  It seems the scopes are getting pretty good reviews form people who actually have them.  That being said I wouldn't buy 11 without first testing 1.

I agree that the marketing is a little gimmicky, but there is a lot of bashing going on without hands on experience.  However, for $400 I would keep saving and get a Meopta K dot.

norris

+1
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 4:18:58 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Millett Tactical 1-4x24

Read about too many problems with the Millett.

Lots of folks here have returned theirs due to smudges or loose particulate in the scope tube.  Long wait time for replacements.  No thanks.

I WOULD NEVER put THAT SCOPE ON A SHTF AR15/M4
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 12:29:49 PM EDT
[#45]
The Facts about this scope:
I was searching scope for my crossbow, and found something on eBay,
http://stores.ebay.de/Sunclear-Vector-Optics
surely I was suspicious about China stuff, but seller have 99.9% positive feedback, and all buyers of this and other scopes was very satisfied.
Seller claim that riflescopes are excellent quality, it is no airsoft crap, and can be use for real shutting.
Price was 125 $, two weeks ago price jump to 349 $, I was thinking that for so much money you cant get something to bad.
Finally I buy it for 125 $, and hi arrive three days ago.
When I look through scope I have notes five little spots, they look like dirt and damages on lens inside of scope.
Crosshair on left, right and bottom end is not ended well.
Windage and Elevation turrets adjustments is build and calibrated wrong, for example ;
if you wont to move from 2-0 to 3-0 on windage/elev. scale (one full turn), you have to go 2-0, 2-17, 2-16,.....2-1, 3-0 ! booth knobs have turn of 72 clicks = 18 MOA but if I start from "0" mark (below of knob) on scope, I have to make 6 complete turns (in opposed direction, from "17" to "0" !), to go to mark "4" on scope, not 4 turns, but 6, I can't know where I am, on 3-17 or 2-17.
Elevation adjustment knob does not start from "0" mark (below of knob) on scope, but from "2", this is not set proper in factory.
Windage Range is about 120 MOA (in specification wrote 60 MOA)
Elevation Range is about 25 MOA ! on knob you have marks for 126 MOA (7X18),
crosshair is active in first 25 MOA, and additional 100 MOA is death. First 10 MOA it is very difficult to turn knob.
Seller answer : "don't know the reason for it. This scope is widely used in US law enforcement department. And they don't have any suggestion or opinion on the adjustment. And all my customer are the same too."
I have also notice very big image distortion around the edges of the lenses it almost looks like through pinhole on doors.
Objective Lens of the scope illuminate very powerful red/green light. For target shutting this is not a problem, but for hunting or military use this is inadmissible.
Seller answer : "Light on objective lens? Can't be that, since it is etched glass reticle.", I have send him a picture.
All together, this scope is complete disaster, and I will send it back.
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
The Facts about this scope:
I was searching scope for my crossbow, and found something on eBay,
http://stores.ebay.de/Sunclear-Vector-Optics
surely I was suspicious about China stuff, but seller have 99.9% positive feedback, and all buyers of this and other scopes was very satisfied.
Seller claim that riflescopes are excellent quality, it is no airsoft crap, and can be use for real shutting.
Price was 125 $, two weeks ago price jump to 349 $, I was thinking that for so much money you cant get something to bad.
Finally I buy it for 125 $, and hi arrive three days ago.
When I look through scope I have notes five little spots, they look like dirt and damages on lens inside of scope.
Crosshair on left, right and bottom end is not ended well.
Windage and Elevation turrets adjustments is build and calibrated wrong, for example ;
if you wont to move from 2-0 to 3-0 on windage/elev. scale (one full turn), you have to go 2-0, 2-17, 2-16,.....2-1, 3-0 ! booth knobs have turn of 72 clicks = 18 MOA but if I start from "0" mark (below of knob) on scope, I have to make 6 complete turns (in opposed direction, from "17" to "0" !), to go to mark "4" on scope, not 4 turns, but 6, I can't know where I am, on 3-17 or 2-17.
Elevation adjustment knob does not start from "0" mark (below of knob) on scope, but from "2", this is not set proper in factory.
Windage Range is about 120 MOA (in specification wrote 60 MOA)
Elevation Range is about 25 MOA ! on knob you have marks for 126 MOA (7X18),
crosshair is active in first 25 MOA, and additional 100 MOA is death. First 10 MOA it is very difficult to turn knob.
Seller answer : "don't know the reason for it. This scope is widely used in US law enforcement department. And they don't have any suggestion or opinion on the adjustment. And all my customer are the same too."
I have also notice very big image distortion around the edges of the lenses it almost looks like through pinhole on doors.
Objective Lens of the scope illuminate very powerful red/green light. For target shutting this is not a problem, but for hunting or military use this is inadmissible.
Seller answer : "Light on objective lens? Can't be that, since it is etched glass reticle.", I have send him a picture.
All together, this scope is complete disaster, and I will send it back.

I would trust:

"scope is made for real firearms but can be used on airsoft" long before I trust "Made for Airsfot but can be used on real firearms". If it comes from China it can't be trusted, if it is made in China with parts from Japan as some here think is 100% better and some dealers sell, it can't be trusted.

ARFCOM has gone over the made in China crap over and over again..yet we still look for the one that will 'be the one'.

Link Posted: 11/17/2007 4:32:08 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You guys are all wet!

Get some Le Mas "blended metal" ammunition to go along with your "stable bertrillium zantitium multicoated optics" & you will become the ultimate killing machine!
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#48]
"Hard earth sealed."

Maybe that means these scopes are held together with mud!

Link Posted: 11/17/2007 7:52:25 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Marines dont have SPR's.

I have a friend who just got DM and has been shooting a M12 Mod1 with ops inc. May not be called a SPR but it is. He is a Marine 03/11 stationed in S. Carolina. He is supposed to get me pics of it. If so I will post them.  
I just got to handle one and have to say that it is not a $400-$500 optic. Maybe $150. The clicks suck. The top of the turrets are plastic. You cant use some models with a Larue SPR because the center section is too big. Once the Larue rings get here I will do a test. I wouldnt own one but a buddy bought it. I have owned Leupy,IOR,Nightforce and a few others. IOR has the best glass. NF has the best clicks. Leupy has the best selection of models and weigh the least. I like NF the best with a NP-R2. Dont waste your money on a CS.
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Saryan,

Not to Hijack, but what Grunt unit is in South Click? Is he a reservist?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top