Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 7:57:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

an upper similar to yoursbut chambered in 9mm on one of these lowers built as a pistol would  be the perfect pistol to compliment the mp5 clone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
RDTCU...you laid out a pile with this one and stepped in it. He really got you on that one...although it is not quite 3 ft long.
Off this topic, but did you ever get your 45 acp AR running well?

Quoted:
Quoted:  But how are you supposed to hang your 3ft of rail with redundant optics, lights, lasers, grip pods, match triggers and magpul goodies off of an MP5?

http://store.commandarms.com/products/HX3SD.html

Pretty well

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/666635_Folding_DI_45_SBR__Round_2_.html&page=4

an upper similar to yoursbut chambered in 9mm on one of these lowers built as a pistol would  be the perfect pistol to compliment the mp5 clone.

Would be easy in blowback with a buffer tube, less easy without the buffer.
Factory 9mm is pretty dirty and doesn't run for long in gas guns.
The MPX seems to do OK with a piston, so that's a possibility, you just have to get it right up at the chamber.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 12:02:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The MPX seems to do OK with a piston, so that's a possibility, you just have to get it right up at the chamber.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it really isn't worth the effort to build it with the buffer tube.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 7:14:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then I guess I'd better get to work
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 2:32:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Updates?
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Updates?
View Quote

In the same boat here.  My wife told me she is looking for Xmas presents for me
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 11:02:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Supposedly the lower is done, but due to an issue (mag width was what I heard), they have to make an upper to go with the lower.

This is likely not be until early 2016

Check their FB / Instagram stuff to read more into the tea leaves.

Or just call them.

I was hoping for a universal lower myself, one for a pistol build and one for a rifle (16" Barrel).

We shall see.

This product is rather high on my current "must have" list so I'm as disappointed as any right now.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 11:02:55 AM EDT
[#7]
What is the difference in width between the HK mags and the Colt mags?  Cursory Google search says the HK mags are 3/4" wide?

Link Posted: 10/16/2015 11:23:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The advantage would be for someone who already has a lot of MP-5 mags or wants metal mags rather than plastic.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glock mags are still more plentiful, struggling to see the point of a gun which uses very expensive magazines, and as I can see it, no advantages over Glock.

The advantage would be for someone who already has a lot of MP-5 mags or wants metal mags rather than plastic.

But if you have an MP-5 why would you need a 9mm AR?
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 11:31:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glock mags are still more plentiful, struggling to see the point of a gun which uses very expensive magazines, and as I can see it, no advantages over Glock.

1. If you have a RDIAS or a LL and a HK sear then you have two MG's with compatible magazines.

2. MP5 magazines are worlds better than Colt pattern 9mm mags.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 7:37:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Must have.

Link Posted: 1/18/2016 9:42:05 PM EDT
[#11]
VERY tempted by this.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 11:48:36 AM EDT
[#12]
bumpski
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 10:34:04 PM EDT
[#13]

WTF where is this thing? Vaporware?
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:32:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Over 1k rounds through the gun yesterday.

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 1:34:42 PM EDT
[#15]
well then, let's get to releasing them!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 2:57:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Russ,

Does the MP5/40 magazine work in your lowers?  I'm sure the MP5/40 magazine costs a lot more than the 9mm version, but it's the potential that I'm looking at.

And to dog pile with everyone else, when will these be available?
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 4:12:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Russ,

Does the MP5/40 magazine work in your lowers?  I'm sure the MP5/40 magazine costs a lot more than the 9mm version, but it's the potential that I'm looking at.

View Quote

I've owned both MP5's and MP5 .40's, the magwells are different sizes, the MP5 .40 magwell is quite a bit larger.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I've owned both MP5's and MP5 .40's, the magwells are different sizes, the MP5 .40 magwell is quite a bit larger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Russ,

Crap, there goes a great idea...  A .40 carbine/SBR with German-crafted magazines would be awesome!  I guess I'm still going to go with the Glock option for .40.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 3/13/2016 12:26:33 AM EDT
[#20]
So what parts on the lower will be proprietary?
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 1:41:30 AM EDT
[#21]
The upper will have to be milled to fit a mp5 mag. Mp5 mags are to wide for a standard upper. Any word on the upper? I'll take both just make the upper side charging for a suppressor.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:52:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Bump,......anything new
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 5:23:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Crap, there goes a great idea...  A .40 carbine/SBR with German-crafted magazines would be awesome!  I guess I'm still going to go with the Glock option for .40.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Russ,

Not a bad thing....call Rudy at Macon Armory
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 5:38:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ya know, if this thing worked with an MPX upper, it would be hella-sweet!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Russ,

That's my plan, when I get enough lunch money saved up...
Edited to fix quote goof.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 11:28:44 PM EDT
[#26]

They have to make them in 80 % and will be sold as donuts....
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 12:11:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the problem would be the width of the mp5 mag will be wider than the upper. I think the wider upper is what's be delaying the lower
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I think the problem would be the width of the mp5 mag will be wider than the upper. I think the wider upper is what's be delaying the lower
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's fantasy regardless, but FWIW I don't think the MP5 mag is wider than the MPX mag - will have to look later.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 3:53:26 AM EDT
[#29]
I can see the point of a Glock mag lower, but don't really see the point to use a more expensive mag system...it would be like building an AR that took Mini 14 magazines.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#30]
I was looking at my mp5 mags and there is no way they will fit a normal AR upper without milling the sides so it will sit properly. I don't have a mpx to compare but look and see if the mpx upper is moded for the width , if they are the same width as an mp5.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I can see the point of a Glock mag lower, but don't really see the point to use a more expensive mag system...it would be like building an AR that took Mini 14 magazines.
View Quote

I have a ton of the Korean mp5 mags they were cheap (15 bucks).They run great in my mp5. They are drying up a little but center fire systems stills has a lot in stock.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Are these ever coming?

Another teaser on the website with no info.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:51:01 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm glad its only an MP5 mag lower. If they made one that took Ruger 10-22 extended mags I would have a two stamp, big buck rim fire build that I would need to fund.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:18:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Looks cool, but I don't underststand the point of a lower that takes expensive and extreamly hard to find mags. They'll sell about 100 of them then it will be discontinued. I hope to be proven wrong and I wish them the best for their endevor.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:46:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Are these ever coming?

Another teaser on the website with no info.

<a href="http://s470.photobucket.com/user/Lumbergh556/media/private/must-have_zps3311e730.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr66/Lumbergh556/private/must-have_zps3311e730.jpg</a>
View Quote

They said on Facebook that after qc10 releases their side charging handle upper, then they will begin work on the MP5 upper. They have to design an upper that slightly wider due to the width of a mp5 mag. I don't see the lower/ upper combo coming out until July or August but I could be wrong. It will screw me for SBR'n it before 41p hits if it after July
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:49:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Looks cool, but I don't underststand the point of a lower that takes expensive and extreamly hard to find mags. They'll sell about 100 of them then it will be discontinued. I hope to be proven wrong and I wish them the best for their endevor.
View Quote

You want cheap 30 round mp5 mags that work? Here you go

CHEAP KOREAN MP5 MAGAZINES FOR SALE $14.99

These run great in my mp5 clone. I stocked up a while back on them. They are not labeled like the ATI ones but they are the same manufacturer. One thing is the finish is a little rough but nothing a little oil did not cure QC10 say they work fine in their AR mp5 lower.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:58:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

MP5 mags actually work.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top