BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:05:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I took mine out to the range a couple weeks ago.

It was doing well for the first few mags when ejector fell out. It is strange they did not put some kind of dimple in the plate for the hex head set screws to interface with.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:12:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I've found that my ejector loosens up over time also.  I check the set screws every time before shooting.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:37:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It was doing well for the first few mags when ejector fell out. It is strange they did not put some kind of dimple in the plate for the hex head set screws to interface with.

http://i.imgur.com/OMEgLe7.jpg
View Quote

Dud NFA put any loctite on them? Let us know what they say if you contact them
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:41:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dimple it or blue loctite the screw threads.  I built a. 40 carbine with one of these lowers.  Had to round over the back point on the ejector as well as take some off the top as it was dragging on the bolt.  Anyone else have this dragging issue?  Leaves obvious fine metal shavings.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:08:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is that a regular bolt catch or a 9mm bolt catch?  Looks like a regular one to me but I'm a 9mm newbie
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:09:14 PM EDT
[#6]
It looked like there was a small amount of the blue loctite.

I agree that dimpling the ejector face and some rocksett would likely correct the problem.

I do not remember seeing any marks on the bolt or metal shaving inside the gun.

I did not try to contact NFA as I ended up parting out the rifle after the range trip. The ejector issue combined with my Tirant 9 rear cap backing off with the fixed spacer discouraged me from keeping the thing. I also found a good deal on something else I had been looking for and needed the cash.

That is just a standard bolt catch.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I barely touched mine after reading this and it came right off gonna do some work on it ... Will post some photos when iam done .
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 4:04:33 PM EDT
[#8]
</a>" />
</a>" />

</a>" />
I really do not know how to post photos sorry.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Just like the previous gentleman said it rubs .
</a>" />
So I did this ...
</a>" />
It works perfect now . Super smooth and friction .
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's the modular bolt for anyone wondering.  The front half is the only piece with moving parts, the entire back of it is just a weight.  I'm happy with it!

" />
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:49:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine so far.  I ordered the slick side upper but they (JoeBob) sent me the one with the forward assist.  Now I'm going to order a regular Spartan lower for this upper and get the LBHO when that is available.  Boy I'm so upset they messed up!

</a>" />
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 6:44:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Forgive me for my ignorance. What is this and why is it where the rear dentent and spring go?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 6:50:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:  Forgive me for my ignorance. What is this and why is it where the rear dentent and spring go?
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q713/suprmatch/1009150621a_zpsbtllv7id.jpg
View Quote

It's a hex-screw plug for the rear detent hole, so when you remove a stock &/or the retaining plate, the rear detent spring doesn't go shooting across the room.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 7:17:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It's a hex-screw plug for the rear detent hole, so when you remove a stock &/or the retaining plate, the rear detent spring doesn't go shooting across the room.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Forgive me for my ignorance. What is this and why is it where the rear dentent and spring go?

Thanks. First time I've come across one. I like the idea of it though.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 8:29:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Note also that the hole for the safety selector has a notch cut out so you can use a Battle Arms Development short throw safety.  I am using one in my build, I'm only using those from now on.  Those things are the chit!
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 9:05:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Note, you may have to clip an 1/8" or a little less off the rear takedown spring otherwise it can be difficult to install it with the set screw.  I've sent way too many flying.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 9:09:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I snagged an 80% lower to play with.  Making a rifle for my wife.  Here's the mock up.  I have a slick side upper from Rainier and an AR Mil-spec bolt on the way.  Still have some work (all of it) on the lower.

CHRIS

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 9:13:46 AM EDT
[#18]
I put the barrel and rail on today.  I went with a $56 full length rail from Amazon, I like it although my wife thinks it sucks.  Still need a 9mm bolt catch and a muzzle brake.  I put 10 rounds down the pipe in the backyard this morning with a Magpul Glock mag, ran like a raped ape!  Can't wait to get a few hundred rounds through it.

Specs:
Spartan blem lower ($116 from JoeBob!)
Spartan upper (I ordered a smooth operator but they sent this one)
POF trigger (came with JoeBob LPK)
BAD short throw safety
New frontier barrel
New frontier modular bolt
KAK 9mm buffer

All of the above purchased from JoeBob Outfitters.  I'm very happy with them, those guys are the chit!

I still have a New Frontier 9mm lower which I'll build as a pistol.

My wife's polydactyl cat managed to get his big ass paw in the picture, LOL

</a>" />
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:06:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Has anyone heard anything new about the uppers yet .
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:10:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Response I got from them today was "We are looking at a couple weeks or so."
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 9:28:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Waiting as well.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 10:57:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what they said a couple of weeks ago.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 11:49:24 AM EDT
[#23]
what happened to nfas bolt catch for the glock lowers? i cant find it on their site anymore
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 11:53:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
what happened to nfas bolt catch for the glock lowers? i cant find it on their site anymore
View Quote

You're right, it is gone.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 9:40:16 AM EDT
[#25]
I'd thought I would post this after my purchase. Joe Bob has the standard 9mm glock cut bcg back in stock.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 11:33:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Finally got to run the new build today. Lots of fun.

Spartan Lower
CMMG BCG (cut by Rudy at Macon)
TROS 5" - Tirant 9 3 Lug
Spikes st-9x buffer

Ran great on 147gr, but would not fire any cheap Tula. Was light striking every time.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 7:21:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Still waiting on New Frontier to have the LRBHO. hopefully they will be in stock soon .
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Mine's done, although I may switch to a LRBHO slick side upper receiver when available.

" />
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 9:02:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Any update on the darn uppers ?
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 9:21:01 AM EDT
[#30]
still wondering what happened to the 9mm bolt catch from nfa
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Still waiting too
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 12:49:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Still waiting three.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Yep, me too. Not starting a build until uppers come in stock.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#34]
At this point I question whether NFA has even figured out how to make their upper LRBHO capable.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:  At this point I question whether NFA has even figured out how to make their upper LRBHO capable.
View Quote

Asked Runner Runner guns this weekend, who are selling variance marked NFA lowers, and they said essentially it had gone back to the engineers.  So Lone Wolf might have been right in the 1st place.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 6:49:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Asked Runner Runner guns this weekend, who are selling variance marked NFA lowers, and they said essentially it had gone back to the engineers.  So Lone Wolf might have been right in the 1st place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  At this point I question whether NFA has even figured out how to make their upper LRBHO capable.

Please elaborate. I also spoke with Joe from JBO recently and he said he didn't think they had any made yet.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 8:20:30 PM EDT
[#37]
I feel the same way I wish I went with lone wolf as well . Now waiting on the stamp and stuck with it . I guess ar 9mm without LRBHO. it is bs though what they are doing .
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 9:38:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Pretty sure Lone Wolf doesn't hold open either?
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 9:41:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Thinking on just getting the Spartan upper from joebobs slick side or forward assist ? What y'all think ?
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:50:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Please elaborate. I also spoke with Joe from JBO recently and he said he didn't think they had any made yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lone Wolf just said no LRBHO.  DDLES/Circle 10 said,"We've mastered it!"  But there seem to be quite a few complaints about their system, and there are talks of upgrades.  NFA says,"We'll put it in the upper, wait for it.  Wait for it.  Wait for it...."  Lone Wolf seems to have done the right thing in the first place.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 12:18:57 AM EDT
[#41]
On the left side the NFA lower has three bolts on the front. While the Spartan lower only has two which look like they are for the ejector. So my question is what is the front most little bolt?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:49:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Thinking on just getting the Spartan upper from joebobs slick side or forward assist ? What y'all think ?
View Quote

I got the Spartan Upper with forward assist, I am extremely happy with it.  Looks sweet with the Spartan lower.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:50:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
On the left side the NFA lower has three bolts on the front. While the Spartan lower only has two which look like they are for the ejector. So my question is what is the front most little bolt?
View Quote

I have both, I'll compare tonight.  I don't recall any differences between them besides the roll marks
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#44]
My Quarter Circle 10 glock small frame lower holds the bolt on the last round just fine, using their new designed bho bar, the under bolt catch type that's been out for awhile now. Good thing you saved $60 on those nfa lowers though.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 12:18:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
My Quarter Circle 10 glock small frame lower holds the bolt on the last round just fine, using their new designed bho bar, the under bolt catch type that's been out for awhile now. Good thing you saved $60 on those nfa lowers though.
View Quote

My Spartan lower was $116 shipped from JoeBob.  I haven't seen any QC10 lowers cheaper than $230.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#46]
And finally, what the heck is the hole in the top shelf of the fire control pocket for?  It's threaded.

http://<a href=http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a608/alphabrew/Mobile%20Uploads/A577356F-E923-4E24-BE23-C3F7ACFB3D9A_zpslv98re5x.jpg</a>" />

View Quote

That hole is most likely for a nylon tip set screw to remove any up and down play, similar to what the accu-wedge  does.  Assuming your upper and lower have play in them.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:32:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Someone pointed out that the NFA lower has a screw hole that the Spartan lacks.  What the heck is this hole in the mag well for?  I assume adjusting how the mags fit?

</a>" />

</a>" />
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 9:49:25 AM EDT
[#48]
not to threadjack but I'd be interested in seeing a picture of your bar to compare mine to.   Mine fails to hold the majority of the time and it was purchased a few months ago.

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/6/2015 9:12:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:Someone pointed out that the NFA lower has a screw hole that the Spartan lacks.  What the heck is this hole in the mag well for?  I assume adjusting how the mags fit?
View Quote

The NFA lower in the photos was the original design which has been modified a bit. Essentially, that extra screw stops the magazine. The newer lowers have a modified ejector that also acts as a mag-stop so the newer lowers only have (2) set screws visible on the left side of the lower. They both do the same thing, but the second model simplified the manufacturing process a little.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 2:06:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
not to threadjack but I'd be interested in seeing a picture of your bar to compare mine to.   Mine fails to hold the majority of the time and it was purchased a few months ago.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It looks like this one,  https://www.quartercircle10.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/20150527_081042-500x281.jpg

Did you install the replacement spring they send? Also korean mags are usually crap the sgm ones or okay. Glock mags hold fine in my build.
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top