User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 11
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I machine for a living up to 7axis.  Been doing it a long time and yes there are tool marks but for125$ the feel beats the hell out of the g2s
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Basement dwellers know nothing about "feel"... they just scrutinize over blemishes and finish.
Their guns will never see the outside world, so performance means nothing.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Took the in-laws shooting yesterday, the very first gun they ever fired had a MBT in it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I machine for a living up to 7axis.  Been doing it a long time and yes there are tool marks but for125$ the feel beats the hell out of the g2s
View All Quotes

The price is crazy considering how the trigger feels. I'll plainly say that I prefer the texture and geometry of Geissele trigger bows more, but the actual trigger pull itself is right there with an SSA-E.

I don't like the SSA-E or MBT as a "combat" trigger. You want something that is more forgiving. Very light triggers like these are fine when you are calm and relaxed at the range, but they won't do you any good when your adrenaline is pumping and you lose fine motor skills.

A USGI trigger feels like it's a 3 lb trigger in a fire fight.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 7:06:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The price is crazy considering how the trigger feels. I'll plainly say that I prefer the texture and geometry of Geissele trigger bows more, but the actual trigger pull itself is right there with an SSA-E.

I don't like the SSA-E or MBT as a "combat" trigger. You want something that is more forgiving. Very light triggers like these are fine when you are calm and relaxed at the range, but they won't do you any good when your adrenaline is pumping and you lose fine motor skills.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

This was my thinking for many years, but no longer.
I would use an MBT or Geissele SSA as a "combat trigger" all day, and prefer it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#5]
What kind of grease are you guys using on the MBT? Mobil 28?
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote
I haven't added any more grease, they come with a decent amount from the factory.

When it comes time to re-grease it, I'll use some of my Geissele provided grease or Mobil 28 that I have a tube of.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 8:05:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

It comes with a little grease on the trigger, but I added a little Slide Glide on mine.

http://www.brianenos.com/pages/slide-glide.html
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Slip 2000 EWG
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Slip 2000 EWG
View Quote

Another good choice
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 8:22:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Another good choice
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Slip 2000 EWG

Another good choice

http://www.amazon.com/Mobil-Grease-Kit-Specifically-MIL-G-21164D/dp/B00WYC9OV8/ref=pd_sim_263_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=518tDeFq-oL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1GGT1R9SGJTGGBCEHAX7
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 9:00:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Throw it in there and go.  I'm betting it makes it, if not, we learn something.

Win-win.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm sure that it has been asked elsewhere, but I couldn't find it: Are these beautiful chucks of steel capable of running in a Sig MPX? I'm dying to throw mine in, but I don't feel like finding out the hard way that I was wrong.

Throw it in there and go.  I'm betting it makes it, if not, we learn something.

Win-win.

The MBT works GREAT in an MPX.  Shot about 150 rounds today, AE 124gr Suppressor, AE 147gr, and Hush 165gr...NO ISSUES and awesome performance.  I like it much better than the POF single stage trigger I have in my AR 9mm....which I'm gonna swap to the MBT.

Here is the MPX with the MBT:

Link Posted: 3/13/2016 10:01:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 11:00:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

Lubriplate.

Link Posted: 3/15/2016 10:19:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Slap your personally-owned rms profilometer on one hater and tell us your reading.

View Quote

Hater he says...

Link Posted: 3/15/2016 10:38:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I just got a Lyman trigger gauge. I put it to work on two Larue MBT's and both averaged 3lb 11oz.

It's interesting to me how much it varies from Mark's profiler.

Link Posted: 3/15/2016 10:42:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 11:06:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Rickesis,

By your standards, your lower is destroyed.
View Quote

I don't have an AK, so that is my trash can gun.  It has an APEG grip and 18" Stealth barrel.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 12:05:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 12:40:05 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I just got a Lyman trigger gauge. I put it to work on two Larue MBT's and both averaged 3lb 11oz.

It's interesting to me how much it varies from Mark's profiler.

View Quote

You too, eh? I wonder if it's variance in the gauges or receivers.

Link Posted: 3/16/2016 7:37:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 10:00:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I would say that would be true on a large flat part.  These triggers have the raised spring holding/ trigger pin holder compared to the rest of the trigger.  You would not use a large Blanchard grinder on these parts.  
View Quote

O'RLY???

Link Posted: 3/16/2016 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would say that would be true on a large flat part.  These triggers have the raised spring holding/ trigger pin holder compared to the rest of the trigger.  You would not use a large Blanchard grinder on these parts.  

O'RLY???

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/AUSTINWFT/LT%20Post/IMG_4062_zpscoyn5woo.jpg

Yes, please explain to me how you would "Blanchard" around the raised pin holes/ spring retainers on both sides with a large rotating Blanchard machine like the one you posted a picture of?  You might Blanchard the whole pc to make it the same thickness but then you would machine the material down around the pin holes/ spring retainers.  Not being sarcastic, I actually want to know.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Slap your personally-owned rms profilometer on one hater and tell us your reading.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It looks like a Blanchard ground surface, and is pretty much the industry standard for a non-functioning surface in a precision assembly.
It will be flat, square to all working surfaces, and smoother than it needs to be.

FYI I used to be in charge of the grinding department of a fortune 500 metals company's tool and die division.

It may be "non-functioning," but it is an exposed part and looks nowhere near as advertised.

I have one at work. I will let you know when I get my order in.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yes, please explain to me how you would "Blanchard" around the raised pin holes/ spring retainers on both sides with a large rotating Blanchard machine like the one you posted a picture of?  You might Blanchard the whole pc to make it the same thickness but then you would machine the material down around the pin holes/ spring retainers.  Not being sarcastic, I actually want to know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

O'RLY???

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/AUSTINWFT/LT%20Post/IMG_4062_zpscoyn5woo.jpg

Do you see how the grind marks seem to run right up to the boss for the pin? How do you suppose the grind marks get that close to the boss unless it's.....mayhaps....an assembly?

Link Posted: 3/16/2016 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Thank you Rickesis for the close up. That does look like two separate parts. Not one complete part like a standard cast/forged trigger.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Do you see how the grind marks seem to run right up to the boss for the pin? How do you suppose the grind marks get that close to the boss unless it's.....mayhaps....an assembly?

http://www.breachbangclear.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/LaRue-MBT-DSC_0830-1.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

O'RLY???

http://www.breachbangclear.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/LaRue-MBT-DSC_0830-1.jpg

I do see that and there would obviously have to be an assembly to Blanchard around the pin/ spring raised section.  Just to understand what you are staying, they make an assembly and Blanchard each trigger separately???  A Blanchard machine typically has a large rotating head (grinding part) and a lower assembly that moves the product.  Or, are you saying it is a very small Blanchard machine or maybe a standard grinder??????
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 2:25:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Thank you Rickesis for the close up. That does look like two separate parts. Not one complete part like a standard cast/forged trigger.
View Quote

I'm fairly certain the triggers are one solid part but maybe that would solve the confusion about whether these are Blanchard ground.  

I will say this, my good buddy Mark only said the MBT  triggers were meticulously built, not meticulously finished.  My two samples seem to function just fine with the grind marks on the side.  There really is no way for those grind marks to cause any issues because they do not come into contact with anything and you don't see them unless the trigger is out of the lower.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I do see that and there would obviously have to be an assembly to Blanchard around the pin/ spring raised section.  Just to understand what you are staying, they make an assembly and Blanchard each trigger separately???  A Blanchard machine typically has a large rotating head (grinding part) and a lower assembly that moves the product.  Or, are you saying it is a very small Blanchard machine or maybe a standard grinder??????
View Quote

I'm saying that the triggers are ground, then the hole is made (by drill, EDM, or...), then the "bushing" probably pressed in.  Mark originally posted the picture of the machine I posted and said it was used on the triggers.

My issue with the marks is they do (ETA: not) represent all of the advertised pictures of the product.  If he was going to take out the labor (and cost) intensive blasting operation, it would have been nice to know.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Thank you Mark for a sweet trigger.  It is nicer than my SSA. I will be buying more for my other rifles.  Spot on quality all the way through.  Seriously though, the Blanchard grind marks just give it character and help tell the story.  Thanks again
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 3:52:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm saying that the triggers are ground, then the hole is made (by drill, EDM, or...), then the "bushing" probably pressed in.  Mark originally posted the picture of the machine I posted and said it was used on the triggers.

My issue with the marks is they do represent all of the advertised pictures of the product.  If he was going to take out the labor (and cost) intensive blasting operation, it would have been nice to know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My issue with the marks is they do represent all of the advertised pictures of the product.  If he was going to take out the labor (and cost) intensive blasting operation, it would have been nice to know.

I got you.  I always thought they were one solid machined pc but maybe the bushing is pressed in?  If they do have a pressed in bushing, that makes perfect sense now.  Has Mark ever confirmed that?

Yes, I know exactly what you are referring to about the representing part.  Some pictures I see, they are blasted/ machined smooth and other pictures like the one you posted represent what the product actually looks like.  Granted, for $125 it's a good deal.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 9:01:49 PM EDT
[#32]
This off topic but about how long will it take to get the trigger if I select the "I got plenty of time" option when ordering?
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 9:10:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 9:25:18 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

This off topic but about how long will it take to get the trigger if I select the "I got plenty of time" option when ordering?
View Quote
I would expect 11 weeks or so.

Link Posted: 3/16/2016 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This man gets it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you Mark for a sweet trigger.  It is nicer than my SSA. I will be buying more for my other rifles.  Spot on quality all the way through.  

Seriously though, the Blanchard grind marks just give it character and help tell the story.  

Thanks again

This man gets it.

I like the way the machine marks look as well, even though mine don't look as pronounced as some of the pics here.
But for the people that obsess over a trigger finish, what are you going to do when the gun is fired and there are now marks on the hammer face from the firing pin?
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 11:32:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I like the way the machine marks look as well, even though mine don't look as pronounced as some of the pics here.
But for the people that obsess over a trigger finish, what are you going to do when the gun is fired and there are now marks on the hammer face from the firing pin?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you Mark for a sweet trigger.  It is nicer than my SSA. I will be buying more for my other rifles.  Spot on quality all the way through.  

Seriously though, the Blanchard grind marks just give it character and help tell the story.  

Thanks again

This man gets it.

I think the reason there have been a few complaints is because it does not represent what you see on Larues website.  Some triggers seem to be finished much better than others and people might assume that may be poor quality control.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 2:36:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 7:16:34 AM EDT
[#39]
As a former machinist myself, I like the Blanchard marks. They just give a part a cool "industrial" look. Also, I'm sure there have been some advancements in wire EDM machines from the one we had in our shop back in the day, but I remember that whenever we'd have a job where that machine was used, the one old dude in the shop who knew how to run it would set it up and let it cut the part out overnight. It wasn't like it churned out a part every half hour. Just knowing that gives me an appreciation for what must go into each MBT trigger.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 8:40:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 8:57:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Mark when do I get my mbt? :)
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 9:10:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Uh, there's not been a "few" complaints, there's just been you trying to whip something up out of nothing.  As far as I can tell, nothing about a $375 hammer for $125 will make you the least bit happy.

For the record, no two "swirls" coming off a Blanchard are the same, they can't and won't ever be.  So when they don't look like the picture, that's the way they are supposed to look.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Uh, there's not been a "few" complaints, there's just been you trying to whip something up out of nothing.  As far as I can tell, nothing about a $375 hammer for $125 will make you the least bit happy.

For the record, no two "swirls" coming off a Blanchard are the same, they can't and won't ever be.  So when they don't look like the picture, that's the way they are supposed to look.

Wow, I have to agree with you Mark.  There has not been a "few".  There were just these two seperate posts below from different members and me saying that there were marks on the triggers but it did not affect the function of the trigger.  

I'm sure it has no bearing on the operation of the trigger, but that side work is anything but smoothly machined.

It may be "non-functioning," but it is an exposed part and looks nowhere near as advertised.

Link Posted: 3/17/2016 10:51:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This gent got his and posted us up a nice review ...

ETA - and we got an email this morning from an ARFcommer ...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mark when do I get my mbt? :)

This gent got his and posted us up a nice review ...

LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger

“This trigger was worth the long wait.  
I own a lot of AR-15s and have examples of 5 different Geiselle trigger models, a KAC two stage, and a Wilson Combat drop in trigger installed in them.  None of them can touch the price/performance ratio of the Larue MBT-2S.  
This trigger is superbly built and finely crafted.  It is very very consistent shot to shot.  The wide trigger face is comfortable and makes the trigger pull feel a bit lighter than it really is.  
I only have a few hundred rounds down range on it so far but I have experienced no light primer strikes or misfires with XM-193 or XM-855 ammunition.  This trigger is a winner!”

ETA - and we got an email this morning from an ARFcommer ...

There is a post on ar15.com of an MBT with rough machining. Are the triggers being produced today rougher because there are so many back ordered?

Did someone really send you that?.....and lets add a LOL to that!
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#45]
I guess i got robbed.I ,  I'll have to order another
No Blanchard here. If you think I should take it down I will
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 11:45:24 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm in the 11th week right now and judging by people posting order #'s, I got some time left.

I knew there was a decent wait and the machine marks won't bother me
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 2:37:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Yep, ARFcommer letter is real.

Shit like his is the reason I hate working with the public, and prefer being in the presence of machines and dogs.
I commend your patience and restraint.

I was going to wait a couple of months before I ordered one for my current build, after the forend and muzzle device, but I am ordering one today on principle.

Link Posted: 3/17/2016 5:01:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
As a former machinist myself, I like the Blanchard marks. They just give a part a cool "industrial" look. Also, I'm sure there have been some advancements in wire EDM machines from the one we had in our shop back in the day, but I remember that whenever we'd have a job where that machine was used, the one old dude in the shop who knew how to run it would set it up and let it cut the part out overnight. It wasn't like it churned out a part every half hour. Just knowing that gives me an appreciation for what must go into each MBT trigger.
View Quote

This I see nothing wrong with the marks.   I mean come on people for 125$ this trigger is a steal
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 5:03:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Has anyone bitching actually ran the trigger hard, because I have and have zero complaints.
Page / 11
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top