User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 906
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:25:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By USAFHobo:

True. I've only had it for like.... a month or so. I do really like it though. I would like to get the magnifier before I consider trading. I'm still going back and forth on what to keep it zeroed at. Isn't the second dot for 200yrds? Assuming the middle dot is zeroed for 100? I need to read the manual again...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
Just to add to the EOMcThingy discussion, the one I have now is my first one. The EXPS3-2 actually. It has the second dot under the middle one. (Please don't kill me ) Haven't really used that second dot yet, but I don't mind it. It is a little cluttered, but its not too bad since the reticle is crisp. Definitely want to pick up a magnifier though.

I'd definitely snag a magnifier for it, without it the extra dots are kinda hard to use, esp the 4 dot version.

And, you could always put up a WTT ad for a 3-0

True. I've only had it for like.... a month or so. I do really like it though. I would like to get the magnifier before I consider trading. I'm still going back and forth on what to keep it zeroed at. Isn't the second dot for 200yrds? Assuming the middle dot is zeroed for 100? I need to read the manual again...

I can't remember what the extra dots are supposed to be zero'd at, but I've always used the mil 25 meter zero with my EOTech's. Most people use the 50 yard zero for a flatter "hit trajectory."

100 yd zeros are for scopes though, so I wouldn't zero the first dot of the EO at 100. I'd do either 25 meters or 50 yds.

I should add I've never personally owned the extra dot versions, so in the end I'd do what it says in the manual. Because the second dot changes things (means the first dot HAS to be zero'd at a certain distance for the second to line up where it's supposed to)
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:27:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AmericanCheese:

Any ballistic specs on that?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fastfoot:
"I think he meant because it wasn't loaded......"

DOH!  

Oh its loaded cheese......loaded with RIT dye!

Will stop 7.62 NATO and lesser threats.
Provides a devastating wound channel the starts at 1 inch and penetrates to 15 inches.

(Jk foot)
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:27:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Glitches get stitches
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:28:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Glitches get stitches
View Quote

indeed
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:03:00 PM EDT
[#5]

I can't remember what the extra dots are supposed to be zero'd at, but I've always used the mil 25 meter zero with my EOTech's. Most people use the 50 yard zero for a flatter "hit trajectory."

100 yd zeros are for scopes though, so I wouldn't zero the first dot of the EO at 100. I'd do either 25 meters or 50 yds.

I should add I've never personally owned the extra dot versions, so in the end I'd do what it says in the manual. Because the second dot changes things (means the first dot HAS to be zero'd at a certain distance for the second to line up where it's supposed to)
View All Quotes
Just to add to the EOMcThingy discussion, the one I have now is my first one. The EXPS3-2 actually. It has the second dot under the middle one. (Please don't kill me ) Haven't really used that second dot yet, but I don't mind it. It is a little cluttered, but its not too bad since the reticle is crisp. Definitely want to pick up a magnifier though.

I'd definitely snag a magnifier for it, without it the extra dots are kinda hard to use, esp the 4 dot version.

And, you could always put up a WTT ad for a 3-0

Yeah I'll have to take a look at it then. I'll probably stick at a 50 yard zero then.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah in the end I'd zero where the manual wants you to. That way your holds are already pre-calculated, and that will make things so much easier than having to memorize "Kentucky elevation" holds.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:24:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Provides a devastating wound channel the starts at 1 inch and penetrates to 15 inches.

(Jk foot)
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fastfoot:
"I think he meant because it wasn't loaded......"

DOH!  

Oh its loaded cheese......loaded with RIT dye!

(Jk foot)

RIT dye is banned for being inhumane by the Geneva Convention for causing serious splatter......
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#8]
http://www.operationparts.com/knights-armament-carbine-ff-ras/

Is this rail kosher for an early Block II?  I picked up a 14.5" M4 barrel and looking to start another clone build.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:54:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#9]

Is this rail kosher for an early Block II?  I picked up a 14.5" M4 barrel and looking to start another clone build.
View Quote

Actually idk what youd call it, but i guess a PR. The PR with car length FF RAS is a bad bitch.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:08:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:27:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#11]
Originally Posted By Stickman:

It looks slick, but you can't confuse it with a block II item.  
View All Quotes

Actually idk what youd call it, but i guess a PR. The PR with car length FF RAS is a bad bitch.

The first page of this thread states early Block II's had RIS/RAS rails.  Is this referring to the non free float M4 KAC rail like this:

http://www.operationparts.com/kac-knights-armament-ras-m-4-carbine-rail-adapter-system-with-three-11-rib-panels/
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:35:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#12]

The first page of this thread states early Block II's had RIS/RAS rails.  Is this referring to the non free float M4 KAC rail like this:

http://www.operationparts.com/kac-knights-armament-ras-m-4-carbine-rail-adapter-system-with-three-11-rib-panels/
View All Quotes

In reference to the early Block 2 they were speaking of, that's what we call a PR here on this forum. It is basically a block 1 with block II optics/lights/lasers/other accessories, while still using mainly the block 1 rails. (KAC M4 RIS and KAC M4 RAS) We have also seen at least 1 PR with the FF RAS, and it looked fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:51:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#13]
Good info, so running a KAC FF is kosher?  Stick was saying no joy......I think it would look awesome, and seems like a more suitable set up than a drop in/delta ring Block II.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Good info, so running a KAC FF is kosher?  Stick was saying no joy......I think it would look awesome, and seems like a more suitable set up than a drop in/delta ring Block II.
View Quote

Not on a 14.5" barrel. You could use the FF RAS on a 10.3" CQBR though.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:30:17 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

The only one ive seen was on a 10.3.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#16]
switched up the gun a little for the moment until i get another build together that will use this glass, bipod, and stock combo.  MR-10, Knight's 98617, Badger rings.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:16:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SilkyJohnson:
switched up the gun a little for the moment until i get another build together that will use this glass, bipod, and stock combo.  MR-10, Knight's 98617, Badger rings.

http://i58.tinypic.com/10yna05.jpg
View Quote

Always liked the Block II recce setups. What build are you moving that stuff over to?

I've got a 2.5-10x32 NF inbound that'll end up on my Block II until the MK12 Mod1 is done. Can't wait to see what it can do with some good glass on it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:18:01 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote
A blockII wouldn't have a delta ring, and RISII's are FF.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:31:14 PM EDT
[#19]
There have been a decent number of 14.5" barreled M4A1s with M4 FF RAS out there, particularly in the '03-'05 timeframe.  

They were not SOPMOD guns, though.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#20]
U.S. Army Rangers with the 75th Ranger Regiment conduct a training raid at the Hohenfels Training Area, Germany during exercise Swift Response 15, Aug. 26, 2015.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:
U.S. Army Rangers with the 75th Ranger Regiment conduct a training raid at the Hohenfels Training Area, Germany during exercise Swift Response 15, Aug. 26, 2015.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/625/20854101650_f58853fb07_h.jpg

Block II M4A1 with a big ole scope???? (Guy on left)...  Yellow cans?  I can't see if the bolts are blue....
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:37:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#22]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

Block II M4A1 with a big ole scope???? (Guy on left)...  Yellow cans?  I can't see if the bolts are blue....
View All Quotes

I also don't know what's up with that. Almost looks like a Surefire SOCOM version of a BFA or somethin'

Since the M4A1 BFA is yellow, that's all I can think up. Lol

After doing a little research, I'm fairly sure that's what it is.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:08:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: coregon] [#23]

I also don't know what's up with that. Almost looks like a Surefire SOCOM version of a BFA or somethin'

View All Quotes

Surefire BFA.  Same size/weight as a -212A can.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Anybody ID the scope? Leupold, I think. Mount? It looks as though the mount is backwards, like the cantilevered ring is facing rearward.

I'm planning a recce for my upcoming block ii, non-fsp ris ii FDE build. What should I use for scope & mount? Any other ITW pictures for inspiration?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:35:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By TurbineBoiler:
Anybody ID the scope? Leupold, I think. Mount? It looks as though the mount is backwards, like the cantilevered ring is facing rearward.

I'm planning a recce for my upcoming block ii, non-fsp ris ii FDE build. What should I use for scope & mount? Any other ITW pictures for inspiration?
View Quote

Scope looks like a Leopold MK4 3.5-10x40 with illum. Can't tell what the mount is, though.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Well since we're spending your money, I vote for the Elcan like the one on the right.  What's not to like about it?  Besides that it only goes to 4x?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#27]
glitchy mcfuckerson
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:29:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmedFerret] [#28]
a;gh apigak;udvipasygfi[wuf

ETA:  that was one of the ferrets running across the keyboard.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#29]
I can't afford an elcan, JJ. That would require liquidating existing clone stufff...no can do. Also, since I will mostly be using it to shoot things smaller than people, the extra magnification is desirable.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Now I want a surefire BFA
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:30:32 PM EDT
[#31]
I can't afford an elcan, JJ. That would require liquidating existing clone stufff...no can do. Also, since I will mostly be using it to shoot things smaller than people, the extra magnification is desirable.
View Quote

I hear DAT.  4 x 5.  I think.  However they say it in on comms in the military.   LOL.  

What am I looking at here?  Contractor?  Weird recce?  M4 with a weird rail?  

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:58:02 PM EDT
[#32]

I hear DAT.  4 x 5.  I think.  However they say it in on comms in the military.   LOL.  

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o475/NomadABPos/gun%20album%20I%202015/2_zpsfks11k8w.jpg
View All Quotes

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o475/NomadABPos/gun%20album%20I%202015/2_zpsfks11k8w.jpg

Maybe an Aussie?  I think all the other Troy rail equipped rifles I've seen in .mil pictures have been on Aussie guns.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:08:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By RJeff21:

Maybe an Aussie?  I think all the other Troy rail equipped rifles I've seen in .mil pictures have been on Aussie guns.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RJeff21:

That was going to  be my guess, too. Aussies apparently issued some rifles with troy rails.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:43:48 AM EDT
[#34]

Just a heads up, I'm putting my FDE RIS II on EE.

I'm ejecting from the clone project----got some other priorities.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:37:04 AM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes

Well, that settles it.
Gotta turn my Block II upper into a mini-recce gun.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#36]
As a heads up for my fellow cloners, I have my tan Insight dual switch up in the EE.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:23:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TannerB] [#37]
Mocked up my K, I'm sure some day i'll throw a mount on this rifle.
20150901_194748-01 by T B, on Flickr
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:22:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Are AFG2 even clone kosher? i like swapping between that and the KAC. Not much love for the KAC around here...
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:24:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
Are AFG2 even clone kosher? i like swapping between that and the KAC. Not much love for the KAC around here...
View Quote

Yea afg's are fine.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:31:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Well i moved my aimpoint pro over to an SBR upper and scooped me a SU-231 just now.

My clone is ALMOST done. Just waiting on the form 4...

my wallet hurts

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:35:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Well i moved my aimpoint pro over to an SBR upper and scooped me a SU-231 just now.

My clone is ALMOST done. Just waiting on the form 4...

my wallet hurts

View Quote

Welcome aboard matey.

All of our wallets hurt.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:39:25 PM EDT
[#42]
I just hope i like this 553 lol. Will be my first eotech, never even shot with one.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:46:22 PM EDT
[#43]
I just hope i like this 553 lol. Will be my first eotech, never even shot with one.
View Quote

There's no way you couldn't, but if you dont, I may be willing to swap my FDE EXPS3-0 for it. (If it's FDE)
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:56:50 PM EDT
[#44]

There's no way you couldn't, but if you dont, I may be willing to swap my FDE EXPS3-0 for it. (If it's FDE)
View All Quotes

Yea its FDE. After getting laughed at for my brown recievers i make sure to get the right color kit. I do keep rattle can near by though just incase a good deal on a purple APTIAL-c comes up

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:58:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Yea its FDE. After getting laughed at for my brown recievers i make sure to get the right color kit. I do keep rattle can near by though just incase a good deal on a purple APTIAL-c comes up  
View All Quotes

Lol was that you with the badass setup minus brown receivers? Definitely just needs paint. []**
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:05:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Its been painted for a while now. I replaced the barrel to a BCM SOCOM.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:18:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Block II helping herself to the Taco Tuesday festivities

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:00:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By gaston4:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5671/21077776305_c2b45e3709_c.jpg
View Quote

The only thing that would make this pic better is if it was high life instead of light.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:13:09 AM EDT
[#49]

The only thing that would make this pic better is if it was high life instead of light.
View All Quotes

I knew I would take shit about the beer... but as a college student who spends most of his money on clones I take what I can get
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:17:45 AM EDT
[#50]

I knew I would take shit about the beer... but as a college student who spends most of his money on clones I take what I can get
View All Quotes

Dude, I totally feel that.

Is miller lite cheaper than high life? I thought they were same price
Page / 906
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top