Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
This pic trips me out rotated.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5808/20800488059_334fafbd98_b.jpg
View Quote

The floating gun!
I'm glad to see more examples of SOPMOD builds with FSP cut-outs. I really like the look (which is why I'm building one myself).
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By bradavic:

The floating gun!
I'm glad to see more examples of SOPMOD builds with FSP cut-outs. I really like the look (which is why I'm building one myself).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The floating gun!

Hell yea. I loved my non FSP Block II as well, but the FSP looks even better.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:15:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Glitches get stitches
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

The floating carbine!
I'm glad to see more examples with the FSP cut-out lately. I really like the look.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:26:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Where in WA are you? My wife and I are from the Puget Sound area.

Bellingham for me. Power out all over, branches and trees down all over, pretty wild for this time of year. I've been wandering around downtown watching people fall over.
View All Quotes

Bellingham for me. Power out all over, branches and trees down all over, pretty wild for this time of year. I've been wandering around downtown watching people fall over.

Damn wind is really kickin' out here........tree branches on the road, got into town for batteries and watched a couple of guys try chasing their baseball caps.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#6]

The floating carbine!
I'm glad to see more examples with the FSP cut-out lately. I really like the look.
View All Quotes

The floating carbine!

I know, you told me that up there ^^ and I replied to it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:41:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I've come to the conclusion after much thought that I just don't like FSB's unless it's a rifle.  My eyes are getting too old for carbine sight radius.  And if I ever get around to getting an RDS, I don't want the FSB in the way.  Rails, all the way....  
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:41:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Thinking about trying out a TD stubby ..........

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:50:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#9]
Originally Posted By fastfoot:

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc394/fastfoot62/Mobile%20Uploads/20150818_043832.jpg

View Quote

My hand is too big for the stub. It takes up the whole VFG minus the end cap on the full length.

JJ- you need an EOTech or Aimpoint. You will be amazed how much easier it is on your eyes. It'll take a little getting used to, but you will thank me after you do. Sell one of your least favorite pistols, snag an EOTech or Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm thinking that might be a good idea.  I've been thinking about it for a while.  Of course I never do anything quickly.  I gotta get out there and start looking through them again.  I plan on shooting my recce with my scope more.  But I really do like the idea of popping an RDS on there for HD or even just for fun.  The scope and mount is heavier, of course.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:59:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#11]
Originally Posted By JJREA:
I'm thinking that might be a good idea.  I've been thinking about it for a while.  Of course I never do anything quickly.  I gotta get out there and start looking through them again.  I plan on shooting my recce with my scope more.  But I really do like the idea of popping an RDS on there for HD or even just for fun.  The scope and mount is heavier, of course.
View Quote

I'd throw a red dot on your carbine for HD. (The one with the carry handle) EOTech would be best for HD because of the 65 MOA ring around the 1 MOA dot. The 65 MOA ring is easy as shit and fast as shit to pick up even with old man eyes. Because of this I think you personally should get an EOTech as opposed to an Aimpoint.

I had my old man try out a 4 MOA red dot I have, and the eotech, and he by far preferred the eotech reticle.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:03:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm uploading some pics for you JJ. Stay online.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:03:34 PM EDT
[#13]

My hand is too big for the stub. It takes up the whole VFG minus the end cap on the full length.

View All Quotes

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc394/fastfoot62/Mobile%20Uploads/20150818_043832.jpg

I'm thinking about putting it behind the hand stop a couple of rail notches and using the stop like a trigger finger rest....might have to do a wtt for my lmt gen 1.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:11:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#14]
Alright JJ, so as you're about to see, the EOTech reticle will be much better for aging eyes. Much faster to pick up, and much less strain. It's just overall a superior reticle design than a standard dot, combined with a small tube. I think this dot is more like 9 MOA lol. It looks way bigger than Aimpoint dots. So picture it being even smaller.

There we go. Similar distance behind optic in these 2.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Yep.  Thank you.  My brother has an aimpoint and it looks like an octopus to me.  I always did prefer the eotech, although it can be kind of busy and pixilated looking to.  But I think it has the edge.  And get that FSB out of there.    My recce is about the same weight as the M4gery.  A couple ounces heavier.  

We'll see how Christmas goes, if there is any money left over, I might have to bite the bullet.  I've got a buddy at church who is promoting eotechs too.  We might have to start an eotech society on here, to fight against all the aimpointers......  
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Yep.  Thank you.  My brother has an aimpoint and it looks like an octopus to me.  I always did prefer the eotech, although it can be kind of busy and pixilated looking to.  But I think it has the edge.  And get that FSB out of there.    My recce is about the same weight as the M4gery.  A couple ounces heavier.  

We'll see how Christmas goes, if there is any money left over, I might have to bite the bullet.  I've got a buddy at church who is promoting eotechs too.  We might have to start an eotech society on here, to fight against all the aimpointers......  
View Quote

I'd use the shorter barrels for HD. long barrels tend to get in the way indoors.

But definitely pick you up a red dot of some flavor, hopefully EOTech.

I got love for Aimpoints too, I just wish they had an EOTech reticle.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:31:35 PM EDT
[#17]

I'm thinking about putting it behind the hand stop a couple of rail notches and using the stop like a trigger finger rest....might have to do a wtt for my lmt gen 1.
View All Quotes

A gen 1 LMT for a stubby? Let me buy a stubby and I'll do that. Lol
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

Find me a TD qd stubby in fde and joo got it.....
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#19]
looking to trade s set of kac sites and an m3x dual switch for an optic if anyone is intrested
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
looking to trade s set of kac sites and an m3x dual switch for an optic if anyone is intrested
View Quote

That should be easily doable.

Post a WTT ad, or pics at the minimum.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#21]
will do thanks
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

The floating carbine!

Glitches! Didn't mean to re-post.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:37:41 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

The floating carbine!

Lol I know. I was just givin' you shit.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:45:18 PM EDT
[#24]

I'd use the shorter barrels for HD. long barrels tend to get in the way indoors.

View All Quotes

It's not THAT much longer.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:54:20 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

How long is the barrel?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:29:56 PM EDT
[#26]
posted some stuff in WTT if anyone intrested.
m3x and some sights
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:47:36 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

WHY HAS NO ONE COMMENTED ON THIS AMAZING FUCKING WOLF BLANKET?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:51:40 PM EDT
[#28]
glitch??
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:54:37 PM EDT
[#29]

And?

Dude, when it's pissin down rain is my favorite time to go shooting. Same with motocross. The wind might be a pain in the ass to zero in though.
View All Quotes

up to 50 mph wind gusts, dust storm warning in effect until tonight....showers throughout the day........I wanna go dial in the new Block II !!

And?

Dude, when it's pissin down rain is my favorite time to go shooting. Same with motocross. The wind might be a pain in the ass to zero in though.
Same here. My buddies always bail on me when the weather acts up though and they're infantry guys. Maybe they have had enough of the rain idk.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:54:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#30]
Originally Posted By ankratz:

View All Quotes

I thought it if that counts.....
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:02:31 PM EDT
[#31]
I think this might get a diff paint scheme once the trees start changing. More of a brown/tan instead of the summer dominant green.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:05:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By drewQ22:
I think this might get a diff paint scheme once the trees start changing. More of a brown/tan instead of the summer dominant green.

<a href="http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/sabroso1/media/550246EF-7F4F-4C78-B70C-C29DCF56863D_zpsdlwarckz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb358/sabroso1/550246EF-7F4F-4C78-B70C-C29DCF56863D_zpsdlwarckz.jpg</a>
View Quote

Sounds good to me. It could use a fall EOTech swap and light placement change too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:12:17 PM EDT
[#33]

Sounds good to me. It could use a fall EOTech swap and light placement change too.
View All Quotes

<a href="http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/sabroso1/media/550246EF-7F4F-4C78-B70C-C29DCF56863D_zpsdlwarckz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb358/sabroso1/550246EF-7F4F-4C78-B70C-C29DCF56863D_zpsdlwarckz.jpg</a>

Exps3 eothingy is on my list as next optic purchase definitely. As well as a mini scout. Right now my support hand thumb is fucked due to surgery so I'm pretty much screwed when it comes to activating a light.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:14:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Exps3 eothingy is on my list as next optic purchase definitely. As well as a mini scout. Right now my support hand thumb is fucked due to surgery so I'm pretty much screwed when it comes to activating a light.  
View All Quotes

I've really been stuck on whether I want to swap one of my EO's for an Aimpoint mostly just for something different. But the reticle downgrade is the only thing holding me back from doing it. I still might tho...
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:17:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fastfoot] [#35]

View All Quotes

All operators must have wolf blanket and white wolf pup......

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:20:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: drewQ22] [#36]

I've really been stuck on whether I want to swap one of my EO's for an Aimpoint mostly just for something different. But the reticle downgrade is the only thing holding me back from doing it. I still might tho...
View All Quotes

I really dig the eotech reticile as well. The one moa center dot is awesome for longer distance and the ring is great for quick close work. I just went w/ the t1 cause of the battery life and durability(not saying eotechs aren't) but I'd definitely go w/ the sideways battery exps model if I got one. I thought about getting a magnifier as well for the t1 but w/ a 4moa dot I feel it wouldn't be that great compared to the 1 moa eotech dot. Then I drunk ordered that ta33 acog a couple weeks ago.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:30:05 PM EDT
[#37]
I really dig the eotech reticile as well. The one moa center dot is awesome for longer distance and the ring is great for quick close work. I just went w/ the t1 cause of the battery life and durability(not saying eotechs aren't) but I'd definitely go w/ the sideways battery exps model if I got one. I thought about getting a magnifier as well for the t1 but w/ a 4moa dot I feel it wouldn't be that great compared to the 1 moa eotech dot. Then I drunk ordered that ta33 acog a couple weeks ago.  
View All Quotes

You'll definitely dig the EOTech reticle. The battery life can't touch the aimpoint, but that's because of the reticle size and output of course. I've owned 2 EXPS' now and they're definitely awesome. My 553 was the shit too, and my 552 has been no different so far. (Only had this one a few days so far)

I've used Aimpoints and like them, and it would just be cool to own something different so I may trade an EO for an Aimpoint, but that EOTech reticle definitely takes the cake.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:03:58 AM EDT
[#38]

You'll definitely dig the EOTech reticle. The battery life can't touch the aimpoint, but that's because of the reticle size and output of course. I've owned 2 EXPS' now and they're definitely awesome. My 553 was the shit too, and my 552 has been no different so far. (Only had this one a few days so far)

I've used Aimpoints and like them, and it would just be cool to own something different so I may trade an EO for an Aimpoint, but that EOTech reticle definitely takes the cake.
View All Quotes

Yeah I feel ya. I also kinda wanna pin a sf3p to my block 2 but the smith charges 90 bucks so now I feel like I should just sbr my other lower, but also want a 16" upper that can be traveled with w/o having to notify the atf.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:27:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Yeah I feel ya. I also kinda wanna pin a sf3p to my block 2 but the smith charges 90 bucks so now I feel like I should just sbr my other lower, but also want a 16" upper that can be traveled with w/o having to notify the atf.    
View All Quotes

Well SBR would be best but if you're going to travel out of state alot I say pin/weld.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:45:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#40]

How long is the barrel?
View All Quotes

How long is the barrel?

16" with an A2.  It's a recce.  

And to stay on topic....  probably has been posted....

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:48:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#41]

View All Quotes

paid more attention to the empty pmag
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:19:09 AM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes

How long is the barrel?

16" with an A2.  It's a recce.  

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o475/NomadABPos/102_9916.jpg

And to stay on topic....  probably has been posted....

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o475/NomadABPos/gun%20album%20I%202015/1025768_820588614623498_1556745351_o_zpscne7phx1.jpg

Well there are different length recce's, you know.

I'd say 16" is good enough for HD. The shorter the better, but 16" is my maximum of what I'm comfortable maneuvering in my house.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:20:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By AmericanCheese:

View All Quotes

FDE Pmag  RIT dyed "dark brown" same as the ctr, moe grip , hand stop and ladder rail covers.

link to thread:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_19/445441_Successful_Brown_Rit_Dye_Job_for_Magpul_Gear.html
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:25:51 AM EDT
[#44]

FDE Pmag  RIT dyed "dark brown" same as the ctr, moe grip , hand stop and ladder rail covers.

link to thread:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_19/445441_Successful_Brown_Rit_Dye_Job_for_Magpul_Gear.html
View All Quotes

I think he meant because it wasn't loaded......
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:46:14 AM EDT
[#45]
"I think he meant because it wasn't loaded......"

DOH!  
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:47:35 AM EDT
[#46]

DOH!  
View Quote

Oh its loaded cheese......loaded with RIT dye!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:20:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Just to add to the EOMcThingy discussion, the one I have now is my first one. The EXPS3-2 actually. It has the second dot under the middle one. (Please don't kill me ) Haven't really used that second dot yet, but I don't mind it. It is a little cluttered, but its not too bad since the reticle is crisp. Definitely want to pick up a magnifier though.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:45:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By USAFHobo:
Just to add to the EOMcThingy discussion, the one I have now is my first one. The EXPS3-2 actually. It has the second dot under the middle one. (Please don't kill me ) Haven't really used that second dot yet, but I don't mind it. It is a little cluttered, but its not too bad since the reticle is crisp. Definitely want to pick up a magnifier though.
View Quote

I'd definitely snag a magnifier for it, without it the extra dots are kinda hard to use, esp the 4 dot version.

And, you could always put up a WTT ad for a 3-0
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:04:20 PM EDT
[#49]

I'd definitely snag a magnifier for it, without it the extra dots are kinda hard to use, esp the 4 dot version.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By USAFHobo:

True. I've only had it for like.... a month or so. I do really like it though. I would like to get the magnifier before I consider trading. I'm still going back and forth on what to keep it zeroed at. Isn't the second dot for 200yrds? Assuming the middle dot is zeroed for 100? I need to read the manual again...
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:20:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#50]

View All Quotes

DOH!  

Any ballistic specs on that?
Page / 906
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top