Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/26/2007 5:38:19 PM EDT
Anybody else notice increased activity levels in their area ?

Occasionaly, we will see a 'copter or two fly overhead maybe once a month or so... Sometimes a few A10's will fly over.

A few days ago, I saw a small convoy of Hummers with rocket launchers drive by...  and today my wife tells me she's been hearing 'copters overhead all day long....

It's probably nothing, but I just wondered if this was going on anywhere else.

The activity has increased enough to catch our attention....

I'm starting to wonder if something big is going on.
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Occasionaly, we will see a 'copter or two fly overhead maybe once a month or so... Sometimes a few A10's will fly over.

A few days ago, I saw a small convoy of Hummers with rocket launchers drive by...  and today my wife tells me she's been hearing 'copters overhead all day long....

STFU

We are getting ready to take over Canada.
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Everything looks normal to me.
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 5:46:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I have seen an unusual number of MH-47's in my area lately. I never recall seeing any prior to this past November.

Otherwise, I haven't seen anything unusual.
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 5:48:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I see black helicopters quite frequently....but when I out my tin foil hat on they all disappear.

Link Posted: 1/26/2007 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been seeing more military choppers in the sky.  Even saw an Apache hoving over I-64 at about 50 ft. (about 6 mos. ago)

Just the other day, I saw another Apache flying a big slow circle over Louisville.
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 6:20:09 PM EDT
[#6]
For the last month, we have been having Blackhawks & UH 53's flying aroung during the day. Also have seen a couple of Apache's. The last two nights, it has been jets flying past midnight. Hope they are praticing to kick ass somewhere!
Mike
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 7:55:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Does it have anything to do with the new church you founded, the buried busses in the backyard, or the 137 boxes from AR15parts.com and the copy of "how to convert your AR to an M60 by filing down the hammer" by I. B. Felon the UPS dropped off last week?
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does it have anything to do with the new church you founded, the buried busses in the backyard, or the 137 boxes from AR15parts.com and the copy of "how to convert your AR to an M60 by filing down the hammer" by I. B. Felon the UPS dropped off last week?

They are worried about his Buick.  That thing could out accelerate a patriot missle!
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 7:58:47 PM EDT
[#9]
We had a C-5 land in Idaho Falls the other day at our small airport, but I think it was Cheney's helicopter inside to fly him over to Wilson, Wyo.
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 8:07:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I saw what I think was an F-18 the other day, doing some fairly low level passes directly over our downtown area. That's the first time I've seen one using our town for a training area.
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 8:09:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw a bunch of F-15s and F-22s flying around today at work.
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 8:14:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Could be National Guard or reserve unit activity. Convoy ops and recon exercises can be carried out in cities. Sometimes that is the best place to practice them.

It would also explain military aircraft flying around near your neighborhood, especially if you don't live near a base.
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 8:16:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

We KC-135 tankers, F-15c, F-15d eagles, and F-16's flying around alot lately at night. The reason I know what type of jets they is because you can see then just as the dun goes down. And all jets are armed with missles.
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 8:18:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/26/2007 8:25:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
And all jets are armed with missles.

Fighters fly with inert training missiles damn near all the time.
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 8:26:09 PM EDT
[#16]
The military's bored let them fly around....
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You near NAS Willow Grove?  We fly a lot of trainers at regional airfields like Allentown, Pottstown, Harrisburg.  And the A-10's are most likely the 111th based at the same base.
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 8:45:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I was waiting for the OP-SEC doodles to wander in.... color me pleasantly surprised.
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 8:46:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Tell them to fly over PIE.
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#20]
No.
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 8:51:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Inside info is that they are coming for your guns
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 9:03:14 PM EDT
[#22]
I see those "bannana" choppers more and more often here.  In fact, I just saw one today.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 9:08:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Weird that I see a topic like this after the last week I've had.

Been seeing A LOT of blackhawks in my area lately, much more than usual, but who knows whats going on?

Just one of those things.
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 9:10:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Can you say "SURGE" ?  Sure I knew you could (in my best Mr Rogers voice)

MB
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 9:58:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Don't worry.  Just accidental border crossings by Mexican military.  Make a tactical relocation to the rear and do not engage.  Observe and report.
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 10:00:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 10:04:21 PM EDT
[#27]
They're finally coming to put us in the FEMA camps.  Expect a "natural disaster" followed by the ILLUMINATI sock-puppet BUSH declaring martial law.  The UN troops assisted by Halliburton contractors will use our bodies to fuel the New World Order.  The pyramid on the back of the dollar bill told me this!  
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 10:08:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I live about a mile from the runway at SJAFB. Nothing unusual here.
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 10:20:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
They're finally coming to put us in the FEMA camps.  Expect a "natural disaster" followed by the ILLUMINATI sock-puppet BUSH declaring martial law.  The UN troops assisted by Halliburton contractors will use our bodies to fuel the New World Order.  The pyramid on the back of the dollar bill told me this!  

Your statement is completely fucked up.... you are the very ilk that causes people to flee in terror everytime a firearm is even mentioned. Let alone these whacked out views that you and your crazy thinking bretheren may share..because

everyone knows there is no hyphen in sockpuppet
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 10:25:39 PM EDT
[#30]
If something is going to happen....

You will see a reduction from what is normal, cause everyone is gone.
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#31]
I live near Mount Weather, and have actually noticed LESS activity than usual.
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 10:44:37 PM EDT
[#32]
I spotted a Chinook yesterday while I was picking up my little sister from school.
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 11:21:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Move along.....

Nothing to see here....

All is well......

No need to panic......

Police business.......

Link Posted: 1/26/2007 11:32:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Surprised nobody posted this yet, and on a Friday night no less

Link Posted: 1/27/2007 4:22:55 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You near NAS Willow Grove?  We fly a lot of trainers at regional airfields like Allentown, Pottstown, Harrisburg.  And the A-10's are most likely the 111th based at the same base.

I live outside of Reading, and work in Pottstown....    Maybe that explains it...

I was just surprised at how much air traffic has been going on in the area...
Ft Indiantown Gap is the closest reserve base I'm aware of...  Maybe they're flying out of there, headed to Willow Grove.

It's hard not to notice them since they shake the house and rattle the windows every time they fly overhead.

Makes me proud to see my tax dollars well spent on such badass stuff once in awhile.
Link Posted: 1/27/2007 4:35:15 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm about 20 miles from Ft. Campbell, KY (101st). Since more of the folks have returned from Iraq this past fall things are starting to get back to normal. Lots of choppers in the air - and they've fired the hell out of training artillery every night this past week.

Link Posted: 1/27/2007 4:38:25 AM EDT
[#37]
I've been seeing a lot of formation flights of black hawk's in CT
Link Posted: 1/27/2007 4:39:25 AM EDT
[#38]
I saw an AWACS plane doing touch-and-goes yesterday but since they are based about 15 miles away it's probably pretty routine.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2007 4:50:49 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Nothing for you to concern yourself about.
BTW, when you get to Gitmo be sure to ask for the Martyr Suite.  You get extra pillows.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2007 5:11:05 AM EDT
[#40]
We've been seeing a lot of activity too!
And not just US, there have been British and French fighters, cargo planes with all sorts of strange markings, helicopters (even Hinds!!).
Plus the roads are filled with troops in all manner of vehicles. Even tanks.
And the troops ain't all American!!!
There's Brits and Canadians, Germans, Dutch, Turks, Romanians, Bulgarians, Estonians, Jordanians, French, and some I can't even identify.
Somethings DEFINEATELY going on.
Link Posted: 1/27/2007 5:13:22 AM EDT
[#41]
The enemy loves how much sensetive information they can find on the internet, they dont even need to put some dude at the end of the runway to watch the planes take off anymore...

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/27/2007 5:46:31 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
And not just US, there have been British and French fighters, cargo planes with all sorts of strange markings, helicopters (even Hinds!!).
There's Brits and Canadians, Germans, Dutch, Turks, Romanians, Bulgarians, Estonians, Jordanians, French, and some I can't even identify.

Link Posted: 1/27/2007 6:27:39 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

What, the French have fighters?!!! Do they have white flags painted on them?
Mike
Link Posted: 1/27/2007 6:33:07 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
The enemy loves how much sensetive information they can find on the internet, they dont even need to put some dude at the end of the runway to watch the planes take off anymore...

Kharn

Umm..  OK...  And how is my thread sensitive info ?

The media in our country broadcasts more sensitive info in a single newscast than I could in a lifetime.

Some of you guys are wrapped a little too tight.

Personally, I'd like to see MORE activity on a daily basis, and regular overflights of military hardware...  Maybe even a few teams of soldiers and gear every few miles to let us lowly citizens know we still have a few troops at home to secure THIS side of the pond.
Only complication would be that I'd want to stop and shake hands of every one of them...thanking them for serving the country.
Link Posted: 1/27/2007 6:35:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Where's Picolo?
Link Posted: 1/27/2007 6:42:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Hmmm...maybe the increase in activity has something to do with the recent UFO sightings.
Link Posted: 1/27/2007 6:50:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Nothing out of ordinary around here.  (30 miles from large base)
Link Posted: 1/27/2007 7:00:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Lots of helicopters around here at night, coupled with the fact that we keep finding eviscerated cattle all over the back pasture makes me wonder what is up.

I had to get up twice from the fake moon landing expose' on television to shut the windows to drown out the noise.

That and the Kroger has NO tinfoil in stock right now has me worried.

Link Posted: 1/27/2007 11:31:19 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't know they had training missles, I always thought they were the real deal. Then again, I don't keep up with the military all that much. Just know what modern jets are what.
Link Posted: 1/27/2007 6:40:20 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't know they had training missles, I always thought they were the real deal. Then again, I don't keep up with the military all that much. Just know what modern jets are what.

If you see a fighter flying around here at home and you see any ordnance on it, most likely it is inert.  The way you tell inert from live stuff is the inert will have blue band or be painted entirely blue and live stuff will have yellow and brown bands painted it.

Inert AIM-9 and Mk-84s in this picture.

This F-15 is carrying live missiles.  The yellow band means it has a live warhead and the brown band means it has a live rocket motor.

Inert AIM-9 but live Mk-82s on this lawn dart.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top