Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/27/2007 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Here too.  Lot's of soldiers, armor, vehicles,,,the whole cha-bang is at a level its got all the civilians talking 'bout it at the post office.  We figured it was bc we are close to the Mexico border, but I dunno.  Brings me comfort, is all I know.  To speculate, I'd say Dick Cheney is going hunting again......SURGE is the buzz word..Spring Cleaning.....at least I know where my taxes went.  God Bless Them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2007 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I saw a bunch of F-15s and F-22s flying around today at work.

If you live in NW FL, I would think something was up if you didn't see them.

One thing I love about the area, there is always an airshow going on.
Link Posted: 1/27/2007 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was being a smartass.  I'm stationed at Tyndall.

Link Posted: 1/27/2007 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I did see a different fighter plane flying overhead at work yesterday.  I normally see F-15' or 16's int he usual gray paint.  This one was painted either dark blue or black and had a single tail fin.  It kind of reminded me of an F-20 but it seemed too large to be one.
Link Posted: 1/27/2007 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anybody else notice increased activity levels in their area ?

Occasionaly, we will see a 'copter or two fly overhead maybe once a month or so... Sometimes a few A10's will fly over.

A few days ago, I saw a small convoy of Hummers with rocket launchers drive by...  and today my wife tells me she's been hearing 'copters overhead all day long....

It's probably nothing, but I just wondered if this was going on anywhere else.

The activity has increased enough to catch our attention....

I'm starting to wonder if something big is going on.

STFU

We are getting ready to take over Canada.

We want Banff.  We will get it any way we can.
Link Posted: 1/27/2007 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
We've been seeing a lot of activity too!
And not just US, there have been British and French fighters, cargo planes with all sorts of strange markings, helicopters (even Hinds!!).
Plus the roads are filled with troops in all manner of vehicles. Even tanks.
And the troops ain't all American!!!
There's Brits and Canadians, Germans, Dutch, Turks, Romanians, Bulgarians, Estonians, Jordanians, French, and some I can't even identify.
Somethings DEFINEATELY going on.

What, the French have fighters?!!! Do they have white flags painted on them?
Mike

yes, they have fighters, Mirage 2000s IIRC, and they're pretty damned good with CAS.
French gov may suck, but the French troops are pretty squared away. A lot of the gear they got seems a bit behind the power curve, but they know their shit.
When you see stuff on allied troops in Afghanistan not being involved in the fighting that is universally because of their respective governments. All of them want in the fight.
There....may have been incidents where various nation's troops, ummm, accidentally took the wrong route and were "forced to defend themselves".
Link Posted: 1/27/2007 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Nothing to see here.

Move along.
Link Posted: 1/27/2007 8:16:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Gas prices dropped recently, so I guess training all the sudden now fits within our budget........
Link Posted: 1/27/2007 10:47:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was being a smartass.  I'm stationed at Tyndall.

I figured you were close. I've spent a ton of time on the different bays around Tyndall (PC)  you can't go 5min without a flyover.

I like to fish, and go to the beach on shell island(East end). I pass the Tyndall yacht club going through there. I always figured that had to be one of the best gigs going in the Air Force. It's a beautiful area, and beautiful base.

Have you ever gone to Howl at the Moon in Destin? It's worth the trip.
Link Posted: 1/30/2007 12:53:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, I lied, I ain't seen nothing but MinuteMen and jack rabbits, now moving along.....

Link Posted: 1/30/2007 4:27:07 PM EDT
[#11]
There has been a tremedous increase in military activity here in the past 3 months. Then again, the 101st is returning from Iraq  
Link Posted: 1/30/2007 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Same here..  I saw a big ol group of soldiers.   Bunch of humvees.   Figured there was a USO show or something.  

-L
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top