Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/30/2006 8:59:36 AM EDT
IBTP

At my company most of the guys flush.  Seems like it's mainly the guys from India that do not.  But I had database training last week at another building and almost every time I went to the mens room the urinals already had yellow in them.  "pissed" me off.

I don't want your diluted splashbacks.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:01:36 AM EDT
[#1]
There all automated around here
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:02:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I flush it with my foot if I can reach.  If I can't reach it doesn't get flushed.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:02:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I flush, but I refuse to touch the handle with my hands.  Handle gets a tap from my boot.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:05:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I flush, but I refuse to touch the handle with my hands.  Handle gets a tap from my boot.

Same here, and I hate it when I see people who don't wash their hands.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:05:54 AM EDT
[#5]
More and more urinals are auto-flush types. I used to think it was because people were too lazy to flush, but after reading ARFCOM, I've come to suspect that it's because the world is full of Nancy boys who won't touch a damn thing in the bathroom, because they're afraid of getting sick.

Anyway, I flush the urinal. It's common courtesy.

To those of you who won't touch the handle...Jesus H Christ. Get a hold of yourselves. A cold chrome handle is a lousy place to grow bacteria. Seriously, quit being such a pussy and flush the God damn toilet.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:07:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

To those of you who won't touch the handle...Jesus H Christ. Get a hold of yourselves. A cold chrome handle is a lousy place to grow bacteria. Seriously, quit being such a pussy and flush the God damn toilet.

BIG +1 here!!!  

Yeah, you might get AIDS from sitting on the toilet too...  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:07:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I flush it with my foot if I can reach.  If I can't reach it doesn't get flushed.  

+1. Usually I'll only flush it if the previous user has left some of that DARK yellow piss that gives off that ammonia odor and you're like "OMG I can't breathe!"
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:07:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Bingo.....
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:09:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BIG +1 here!!!  

Yup, bacteria has a hell of a hard time growing on hard surfaces that aren't pourous, that's why it's all smooth as a baby's ass.

Flush the fuckin toilet and then wash your hands.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:09:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I prefer giving the handle a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:09:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Do you inconsiderate assholes that don't flush or "flush with your foot" wash your hands after you whizz?  If so why are you so parinoid about a shiny chrome handle getting cooties all over your poor little hand?  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:11:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BIG +1 here!!!  

Yup, bacteria has a hell of a hard time growing on hard surfaces that aren't pourous, that's why it's all smooth as a baby's ass.

Amen.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:14:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
More and more urinals are auto-flush types. I used to think it was because people were too lazy to flush, but after reading ARFCOM, I've come to suspect that it's because the world is full of Nancy boys who won't touch a damn thing in the bathroom, because they're afraid of getting sick.

Anyway, I flush the urinal. It's common courtesy.

+1

When I am in the worst situations, such as rusty and corroded handles in extremely dirty bathrooms, I'll flush with my elbow or something.  Since I wash my hands after using the toilet, I don't usually have a problem with touching the handles.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:14:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Seems like a simple enough solution, and a common courtesy.

If someone has a big problem with it then carry around some of those alcohol disinfectant wipes.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Yep, with my foot.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll flush a urinal with my hand, and it doesn't bother me.  I'm immediately going to wash my hands anyway.  What's the problem?

If it's REALLY nasty, I'll flush it with my elbow or something.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:24:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Of course. Smooth chrome handles don't harbor germs well, and besides you wash after anyway so what's the problem? It would have to be a pretty disgusting handle for me not to flush it. I'm talking TRULY nasty, like on the level of that ARFCOMER who had the ass explosion at Dennys.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:25:40 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm suprised by the number of pruported foot-flushings going on in the public restrooms of America. In my 27 years of taking a piss in public restrooms, I've never seen this. Ever. I've seen guys grab toilet paper and paper towels, but I've never seen somebody reach up with their foot. They must do this when I'm not around. Odd.

Germaphobes amuse me. They'll wash their hands after taking a leak (though almost never vigrourously for the required 60 seconds) and then what do they do? Touch the faucet. Touch the paper towel dispenser. Touch the button on the air dryer. Go back to their desk and touch their keyboard. Go home and touch their shoes, which have stepped in God knows what. Touch their underwear which has spent the entire day next to their ass...

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:29:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, that's true. Didn't they do a study a while ago that found keyboards and phones are a lot dirtier than public toilet seats?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:31:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Hell no
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Off topic but I had a coworker who would always brush his teeth @3:00PM
everyday day in the office head. He would also wait for the vending machine guy to
dump the day old sandwiches in the trash. This freak would pilfer the trash for food
in the breakroom. Needless to say the once the vending guy found out he would take all the day old food with him to trash it elsewhere.
That guy was a cheap freakskate but his daddy was millionair surgeon. Go figure
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:32:30 AM EDT
[#22]
You pretty much gotta flush if you want the M80 to go down
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:35:23 AM EDT
[#23]
I usually give it a quick pop with the bottom of my fist, then wash. At least I won't be putting my fist in my mouth later.

My g/f tells me that women's restrooms have to be worse than men's. And from the things she has told me she sees in there, I believe her!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:37:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Yes, always...and I wash my hands too.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I usually give it a quick pop with the bottom of my fist, then wash. At least I won't be putting my fist in my mouth later.

My g/f tells me that women's restrooms have to be worse than men's. And from the things she has told me she sees in there, I believe her!

I worked in a restaraunt for a bit. I *HATED* cleaning the women's restroom. It never failed, some woman either bled on the damn seat, or left a blood soaked pad half out of the trash can. Fucking disgusting.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:43:01 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm a firm beleiver that the reason this society has devloped such weak immune systems is because we nearly eliminate all contact with germs, so anti-bodies are not forming.

For that, I always allow contact with germs whenever possible. The last time I had a cold was at 15 years old.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:48:50 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm another lever kicker. I don't want to touch the handle and then later find out there's no more soap in the bathroom and have to walk around with some guy's STD on my hands. At home I generally don't wash my hands after urinating because my penis is cleaner than the rest of me, but if I'm out I will wash my hands out of courtesy toward others. I always wash or at least use alcohol gel/foam after shitting, though. When I perform hand hygiene, I am very cautious about what I touch. If there are not paper towels in a public restroom, I will not wash my hands unless I actually got shit on 'em or something. No sense in going to the hassle of washing my hands just to contaminate them by touching the same handle I touched with dirty hands.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:48:58 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I'm a firm beleiver that the reason this society has devloped such weak immune systems is because we nearly eliminate all contact with germs, so anti-bodies are not forming.

For that, I always allow contact with germs whenever possible. The last time I had a cold was at 15 years old.

Preach it. I almost never get sick and when I do, I'm over it in a hurry. My white blood cells are well armed, and have been recently equipped with Gen3 NV optics. Bring it!

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:49:10 AM EDT
[#29]
I won't touch anything if i can help it.

I wash my hands before peeing. My cranks and pants are clean, but my hands have been touching things all day.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#30]
I am a blackbelt at sh*thouse kunk-fu. I can flush a toilet and operate a hot air hand dryer with one kick.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:58:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Where I work:

No touch toilet,

No touch faucet,

No Touch Soap Dispenser,

No touch Paper Towel Dispenser
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Yes, with TP.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:03:48 AM EDT
[#33]
With my foot, yes, but I'm not touching some that was just touched by someone after someone touched his herpes encrusted thang. No thanks. I wash my hands, use an elbow for the faucet and towel dispenser and I use a paper towel to grab the door handle on the way out.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:04:38 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I prefer giving the handle a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick.

Always roundhouse it when I can
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:06:43 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Where I work:

No touch toilet,

No touch faucet,

No Touch Soap Dispenser,

How do you get out of the bathroom?

<---hopes you say touch the door handle.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:09:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Do you guys wash your hands immediately after handling money?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:10:18 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Thats what I do.  Or I piss in the corner and cover it with dirt.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:19:42 AM EDT
[#38]
I am not a germ-a-phobe, but I flush it with the foot -- or my sleeved elbow.

I wash my hands after using the bathroom and use the paper towel to open the door with...ball up the towel and toss it in the office trash.

I have also been known to work on cars, bikes, and lawn equipment and then eat a sandwich -- usually with small remnants of grease on my hands.

I rarely get a sickness that isn't conquered in a few days.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:26:14 AM EDT
[#39]
I do generally flush the commode or urinal I use when out in town.However if I am in doubt about flushing, when my senses speak to me to be cautious I flush with the bottom of my boot.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:34:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Fuck no.  I'm not touching anything other than my willy in a public restroom - including the sink handles.  At least I know where my willy has been...
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#41]
I flush....then I wash my hands.  I don't see the problem.  the problem is the idiots who don't wash their hands and then grab the door handles on the way out.
The washing is not so much for the people pissing on their own hans, its courtesy to wash for using the common use areas... you walked in the room with (possible) diseases on your hands.

It ain't the urinal or toilet spreading the disease, it's the door handle.  

do your business, flush, wash your hands, grab a peice of paper towel to open the door with, toss paper in trash on the way out the door.

No Expert
(not a germaphobe, but this time of year people tend to get sick alot)
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#42]
height=8
Quoted:

I wash my hands after using the bathroom and use the paper towel to open the door with...ball up the towel and toss it in the office trash.

I flush the urinal with my hands then wash them, but I do use the paper towel to open the door just for all the guys who pee on their hands and don't wash them then grab that door handle.  I think the door handle going out of a public restroom is a far worse thing to touch than a handle on a urinal.  

I also have a thing about my shoes.  I have a 4 year old and I never let him play with or touch the bottom of my shoes.  I take my work boots off before I go into my house so I don't track anything into my house.  Of course you have to understand that I have actually scraped brain matter off the bottom of my boots to understand why I am so paranoid about this.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:40:37 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Where I work:

No touch toilet,

No touch faucet,

No Touch Soap Dispenser,

How do you get out of the bathroom?

<---hopes you say touch the door handle.

Yup
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Some of you guys are talented!

You flush urinals with your foot?!

I tend to use my elbow or edge of my hand. Toilets I put the seat up with my toe and flush with my foot.

Wash hands afterwards.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:30:26 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#46]
About the same percentage of ARFCOMers have

BEEN TO JAIL

PAID A HOOKER

DON'T FLUSH PUBLIC URINALS

Oh wait, OHIO is going to make a comment that this is not a scientific survey. But I really don't give a rat's ass.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Some of you guys are talented!

You flush urinals with your foot?!

I tend to use my elbow or edge of my hand. Toilets I put the seat up with my toe and flush with my foot.

Wash hands afterwards.

Helps keep one limber.  I can foot flush a urinal that is 4'-6" off the floor.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:41:08 AM EDT
[#48]
I can't believe how many elbow flushers there are.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:51:34 AM EDT
[#49]
I love airports, hands-free urinal, hands-free soap, hands-free sink, hands-free dryer, hands-free paper towel and just a U-shaped enterance way so you dont even need to touch a door.

Now if someone could just invent a hands-free locking stall door, I'd be in heaven.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:56:22 AM EDT
[#50]
I never touch the flusher either at home or at public restrooms.  They all get the bottom of my shoe.

It's just icky....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top