Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#1]
My story is simple.  I tried some BRCC, now my tactibeard is coming in as thick as Taylor Swift's ass, and tribal tattoos immediately began forming on my swole as fuck biceps.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:58:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish BRC had a decent espresso roast - but they don't. AK47 is too dark and oily, and tastes burnt. Beans roasted for espresso should be just barely full city roast (depending on variety). So I have to roast my own, or order from some hipster outfit.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I only drink Monster™ brand energy drinks for all my morning energy needs.

Monster Energy is way more than an energy drink. Led by our athletes, musicians, employees, distributors and fans, Monster is a lifestyle in a can!®

http://i63.tinypic.com/a5cllf.jpg
View Quote
I read that and though of this:

Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:11:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Eh, I had to take photos before cracking open the bag. 

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's just Coffee.        
View Quote
Right so it's not like it's expensive yet I can spend money with a company that is run by gun guys. Same reason I prefer not to spend money with companies that are pro gun control etc.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Right so it's not like it's expensive yet I can spend money with a company that is run by gun guys. Same reason I prefer not to spend money with companies that are pro gun control etc.
View Quote
More and more I'm the same way, going out of my way to avoid giving money to my enemies.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is it the best coffee in the world? I have no idea. Is it good coffee, yes. Am I happy to keep buying it, yes. Does the back of every bag I've looked at say "a portion of profits go to veteran, LEO, and gun rights organizations"? Yup.

I'll keep buying.
View Quote
Sums it up for me too. I don't care if they donate one cent per bag, it's still more help for causes I want to support than Starbucks or Folgers promises, not to mention the special promotional blends they make and donate all of the profits to military and police charities.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I offered my companies aftermarket Neapresso pods, they didn't respond

However Bed Bath and beyond picked us up nationally
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:47:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I know you fuckers read this site. Listen up. Quit with the fucking spam email product announcements about your latest trucker hat or three pronged dildo.  Get some motherfucking focus on your motherfucking core business: coffee.
Sell bigger bags of fucking coffee, not this limp dick 12oz bullshit.  Maybe have your husband explain to you that he lied about how long 8 inches is and figure out that nobody wants a soda can sized (12oz) bag of coffee.  Sell it by the pound like fucking men.  Impress your parents and sell it in 5 pound bags, god damnit.
Respectfully,
dillehayd
P.S. Fuck off with your subscription bullshit too. I want a good pot of coffee not some jelly of the month wanna-be retreated marketing reach around bullshit, dicksucks!
View Quote
You seriously have a case of the Mondays.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:49:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I've bought a few bags here and there to support them but it really is overpriced. My pallet isn't sophisticated enough to where the $5 per pound stuff isn't just fine for me.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:59:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've bought a few bags here and there to support them but it really is overpriced. My pallet isn't sophisticated enough to where the $5 per pound stuff isn't just fine for me.
View Quote
Yep, I bought some because vet owned company and cool.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:04:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
But but it's Veteran Coffee from special forces guys!
View Quote
Still picked by same Mexican looking dudes as all the rest.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:17:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Here's a little coffee secret that you may already know:  Trader Joe's sells whole coffee beans in a can and ground coffee in a bag.  If you are at TJ's and find whole beans in a bag, it's a limited run, specialty coffee.  I haven't been disappointed yet.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:44:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I've worked at their neighbors building. Walked over. Cool enough but over done. Smells great while they roast.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:47:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I get my coffee from monks in Wyoming. They have a gun, but they probably share it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I think you missed his comparison......

There are 16 OUNCES in a pound... BRCC come in 12 OUNCE bags.. 4 ounces less than 1 pound... and they happen to be small about the size of a 12 FLUID OUNCE soda can...

reading comprehension is hard yo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know you fuckers read this site. Listen up. Quit with the fucking spam email product announcements about your latest trucker hat or three pronged dildo.  Get some motherfucking focus on your motherfucking core business: coffee.

Sell bigger bags of fucking coffee, not this limp dick 12oz bullshit.  Maybe have your husband explain to you that he lied about how long 8 inches is and figure out that nobody wants a soda can sized (12oz) bag of coffee.  Sell it by the pound like fucking men.  Impress your parents and sell it in 5 pound bags, god damnit.  

Respectfully,
dillehayd

P.S. Fuck off with your subscription bullshit too. I want a good pot of coffee not some jelly of the month wanna-be retreated marketing reach around bullshit, dicksucks!

Coffee  is sold vy weight and soda by volume.  Weak rant, shitty logic. 1 - 10.

There are 16 OUNCES in a pound... BRCC come in 12 OUNCE bags.. 4 ounces less than 1 pound... and they happen to be small about the size of a 12 FLUID OUNCE soda can...

He's trollin'.  No one is that slow.  Unpossible.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:52:25 PM EDT
[#17]
So I just tried the Silencer Smooth.  A little on the light side for me (it is a light roast) but pretty smooth.  No odd tastes that I could find.  Not horribly acidic either.  I'd rate it around a 7.5/10 but I'm more of a medium roast kinda guy.  Lights are good on occasion though.  Plus it shows you the quality of the bean they're working with.  While it's not the $30-40 a pound Kona I sold in the shop, it's still some pretty good stuff that is priced right about where I'd expect it for the quality.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Olympic Cerakote is veteran owned, too.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Never fell for the hype , ill stick with folgers french roast
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:58:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Respectfully,
dillehayd

12 oz of water = 0.78 lbs
12 oz dry weight = 0.75 lbs

I'll allow it.  Stop being anal.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:09:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't drink coffee but I do lik their videos.   
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Here's a little coffee secret that you may already know:  Trader Joe's sells whole coffee beans in a can and ground coffee in a bag.  If you are at TJ's and find whole beans in a bag, it's a limited run, specialty coffee.  I haven't been disappointed yet.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Thanks for that, and did not know. I think TJ's coffee in general is a secret many do not know about, and should
In particular, their varying limited runs of different Peaberrys tend to be fantastic.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Thanks for that, and did not know. I think TJ's coffee in general is a secret many do not know about, and should
In particular, their varying limited runs of different Peaberrys tend to be fantastic.

A.W.D.
View Quote
I've only tried a couple (besides the specialties) and both were good.  A friend tried their k-cups and that is now all she will drink. 
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:17:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yea, but BRC actually ships product.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:19:02 PM EDT
[#25]
I drink the shit out of it.

When people are over and I give the coffee they always compliment, "this is good coffee".

If you don't drink BRCC then fuck you!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:19:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
If you don't drink BRCC then fuck you!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:28:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Respectfully,
dillehayd

View Quote

Lol @ buying overhyped, fad coffee. I've had it and my reaction was "meh". I'll just continue to buy the big bags of ground dunkin beans from the grocery store for a lot cheaper. Tastes better and it's cheaper. And it doesn't require wearing a pair of 5.11 pants and a chest rig to make it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:54:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I only drink Monster™ brand energy drinks for all my morning energy needs.

Monster Energy is way more than an energy drink. Led by our athletes, musicians, employees, distributors and fans, Monster is a lifestyle in a can!®

http://i63.tinypic.com/a5cllf.jpg
View Quote
It has electrolytes!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:58:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Veterans of the Shitstorm Wars
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#31]
They have way too many options, makes my goddam head spin.  Give me DD whole bean and let me grind that shit at home.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:08:50 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll stick with Peet's.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:10:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I just stick to coffee from the grocery store. Black rifle coffee is all hype.
View Quote
Not true. Their AK coffee is the best coffee I have ever had from home. Nothing has come close.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:15:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Respectfully,
dillehayd

Just an FYI, but the reason roasted coffee comes in 12-13oz. bags is due to shrinkage via the roasting process.  Depending on how dark the roast, a pound of green beans will lose about 15-17% after roasting to say a medium City+>Full City roast and a bit more for the espresso dark roasts.

It used to be 13oz. for most ground/whole bean bags, but it's now starting to slip down to 12oz. level, which is like the European beers going down to 11.2oz. per bottle/can, instead of the normal 12oz. found in the USA.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:19:03 PM EDT
[#35]
This tastes like hot water
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
... the, "Unsubscribe" feature a lot of these companies use is worthless too. Biggest complaint for me is fucking PetSmart - they will NOT stop with spam emailing
View Quote
I thought it was just me. I've been hitting unsubscribe for the past two weeks, and they keep coming.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:21:53 PM EDT
[#37]
This whole shit has gone way too far.  No thanks.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Just an FYI, but the reason roasted coffee comes in 12-13oz. bags is due to shrinkage via the roasting process.  Depending on how dark the roast, a pound of green beans will lose about 15-17% after roasting to say a medium City+>Full City roast and a bit more for the espresso dark roasts.

It used to be 13oz. for most ground/whole bean bags, but it's now starting to slip down to 12oz. level, which is like the European beers going down to 11.2oz. per bottle/can, instead of the normal 12oz. found in the USA.

Chris
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Respectfully,
dillehayd

Chris
While that may be true, it sounds like a convenient excuse too decrease product amount. It's not like they put a pound of green beans in a bag and then roast it and it now weights 12 oz, they roast beans and then decided to put 12 ounces in the bag instead of 16.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:25:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
While that may be true, it sounds like a convenient excuse too decrease product amount. It's not like they put a pound of green beans in a bag and then roast it and it now weights 12 oz, they roast beans and then decided to put 12 ounces in the bag instead of 16.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Respectfully,
dillehayd

Chris
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#40]
I prefer Death Wish Coffee.  

I enjoy their videos though. 
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:28:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Respectfully,
dillehayd

Chris
I'm just explaining the rationale for some oddball weight for coffee.  There are plenty of brands that package coffee in 16oz. bags--Starbucks being one of them.  We all know that manufacturers have been cutting 'traditional' packaging for the past 5-7 years, no doubt as a deflection against consistently raising the prices.  Look at a gallon of bleach.  It ain't a gallon for most brands.

I'm a bit older than some, but I remember the 13oz. vacuum sealed bricks of ground coffee, from way, way back, so it's not a new phenomenon, is all.  13oz. makes sense on the level that I explained, 12oz. doesn't really.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:29:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Silencer Smooth coffee with a non-silencer pistol?
Just kidding lol, nice pistol. And I will order some of that SS coffee.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:33:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Don't know their product but darn fine rant OP.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:59:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Have you ever actually bought Starbucks coffee or do you just parrot everything you read on here? Starbucks is 8 bucks a pound. How is that even comparable to BRC? BRC is 16 bucks a pound before shipping.
View Quote
Bullshit  Starbucks is $14 a LB   Unless you're shopping at wal mart & buying their "special" wal mart blend (which is not a pound)

Unroasted Green beans are like $6 a lb.   And yes I have Starbucks, BRCC, and my own roasted blend in my kitchen at this very second. I DRINK LOTS of coffee.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:12:24 PM EDT
[#46]
I have to say that I prefer Starbucks.  The more dark and burnt, the better.

My GF loooooves BRCC.   I bought her a bunch of mugs and shit.  She is a closet liberal ("moderately conservative") so it makes me smile when she drinks her BRC from a "Coffee or Die" mug..
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:16:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have to say that I prefer Starbucks.  The more dark and burnt, the better.

My GF loooooves BRCC.   I bought her a bunch of mugs and shit.  She is a closet liberal ("moderately conservative") so it makes me smile when she drinks her BRC from a "Coffee or Die" mug..
View Quote
I'm not real interested in the coffee, but that mug is pretty kick ass....
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I'm not real interested in the coffee, but that mug is pretty kick ass....
View Quote
Coffee is alright. I like trying new stuff all the time personally but I do like some of their mugs as well.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:24:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yeah, and they are all about hiring veterans...yet I couldn't even get an interview for a minimum wage job there.
View Quote
Maybe you aren't qualified. Do you think being a vet makes you unobtaniun?
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:24:35 PM EDT
[#50]
This is what I drink... I love it and there's no weird cultlike attraction to it.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top