Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:24:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Coffee is alright. I like trying new stuff all the time personally but I do like some of their mugs as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not real interested in the coffee, but that mug is pretty kick ass....
Coffee is alright. I like trying new stuff all the time personally but I do like some of their mugs as well.
I do the same, but I order from Sweet Marias and roast it myself. THE best way to get outstanding coffee. I haven't bought any in a while actually...
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:27:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It's just Coffee.        
View Quote
What do you make?
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:27:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Can anyone explain to me how or Why this "Lifestyle Brand" marketing is even a thing?  

I fit their target demographic, yet feel no compulsion to buy their coffee.  

They claim to be veterans and like guns.  Therefore, people feel obligated to buy their product.    

The entire shtick feels like pandering to me.    It's embarrassing.

Maybe I'm just jealous I didn't think of it first.  
View Quote
You're absolutly right... Then you throw in the bizarre following and it becomes even more strange.

The creepy Mat Best and Leadslingers whiskey leg-humping is even stranger.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:29:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A very over hyped company that has a run of the mill product and fan boys everywhere. Sounds very familiar for this place though
View Quote
We now have the official opinion from the guy that considers himself an expert on everything.

Finally.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:30:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Just an FYI, but the reason roasted coffee comes in 12-13oz. bags is due to shrinkage via the roasting process.  Depending on how dark the roast, a pound of green beans will lose about 15-17% after roasting to say a medium City+>Full City roast and a bit more for the espresso dark roasts.

It used to be 13oz. for most ground/whole bean bags, but it's now starting to slip down to 12oz. level, which is like the European beers going down to 11.2oz. per bottle/can, instead of the normal 12oz. found in the USA.

Chris
View Quote
Abita coffee
16 ounces
Awesome

I do like BRCC though
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:34:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I was a fan of BRCC for a while, started ordering from them when I was deployed a couple of years ago. The CAF blend is my favorite, but lately their customer service has taken a huge crap. I ordered a big bag of CAF after seeing their email ad and after a month+ I started pinging them about why the order hadn't shipped. They promised to look into it, after receiving nothing for weeks, I decided to keep emailing them everyday until I got a response. They finally answered.. offered no apologies and credit in the amount of what I paid for +$5 or a refund. After 2+ months, I just took the refund and never looked back.

Step up your shit BRCC.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:35:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I may as well add my .02 gripe, cause it's so timely to me. My daughter bought me their coffee club membership for Father's Day, try a new new coffee each month thing. For the past three months I've received the same coffee. Ain't that a bitch?

Two daughters, both shoot AR15s, and I get stuck with the same coffee three months running. Damn!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:39:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I just do it to pay for the extremely high shipping costs.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:42:29 PM EDT
[#9]
8 weeks to recieve my order.  Seriously.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:47:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Good rant OP, 8/10
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:48:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I may as well add my .02 gripe, cause it's so timely to me. My daughter bought me their coffee club membership for Father's Day, try a new new coffee each month thing. For the past three months I've received the same coffee. Ain't that a bitch?

Two daughters, both shoot AR15s, and I get stuck with the same coffee three months running. Damn!
View Quote
I've gotten the same for months as well
And slow

They are really behind seems
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:48:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Welp, somebody's gotta pay for that brodozing Tundra...
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:50:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Bullshit  Starbucks is $14 a LB   Unless you're shopping at wal mart & buying their "special" wal mart blend (which is not a pound)

Unroasted Green beans are like $6 a lb.   And yes I have Starbucks, BRCC, and my own roasted blend in my kitchen at this very second. I DRINK LOTS of coffee.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you ever actually bought Starbucks coffee or do you just parrot everything you read on here? Starbucks is 8 bucks a pound. How is that even comparable to BRC? BRC is 16 bucks a pound before shipping.
Bullshit  Starbucks is $14 a LB   Unless you're shopping at wal mart & buying their "special" wal mart blend (which is not a pound)

Unroasted Green beans are like $6 a lb.   And yes I have Starbucks, BRCC, and my own roasted blend in my kitchen at this very second. I DRINK LOTS of coffee.
Wrong.

For Christ sake, it's not that hard to go on Amazon and check the price of Starbucks coffee before replying to my post and looking like an idiot.

Here, I'll do it for you:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LTI95ZW/ref=mp_s_a_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LTI95ZM/ref=mp_s_a_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LTI9606/ref=mp_s_a_1_6_a_it?ie=UTF8&

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LY43F15/ref=mp_s_a_1_13_a_it?ie=UTF8&
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:50:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I do the same, but I order from Sweet Marias and roast it myself. THE best way to get outstanding coffee. I haven't bought any in a while actually...
View Quote
I saw that in the last BRCC, need to give roasting my own a shot.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:53:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Aldi fair trade German roasted coffee FTW. 17.6 oz for $5.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 12:01:48 AM EDT
[#16]
I love these guys. They funny, offensive, and unapologetic. Yeah, their coffee costs a bunch and you have to subscribe, sorta. Boo hoo. Boo hoo. Go to Starb if you wanna whine like a Democrat.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 1:08:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My story is simple.  I tried some BRCC, now my tactibeard is coming in as thick as Taylor Swift's ass, and tribal tattoos immediately began forming on my swole as fuck biceps.
View Quote
Soooo you have a scraggly preteen beard?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 1:08:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My story is simple.  I tried some BRCC, now my tactibeard is coming in as thick as Taylor Swift's ass, and tribal tattoos immediately began forming on my swole as fuck biceps.
View Quote
Soooo you have a scraggly preteen beard?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 1:37:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
And slow

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And slow

It's not a coffee of the month club. You pick which blend you like, and that's what you get in the mail every month. You want something different, you change your subscription.

ETA:FWIW Part of their profit goes to Veteran, LEO and Gun Rights organizations.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 2:11:32 AM EDT
[#20]
I bought a 12oz of their whole bean...forget which one, only because I found some local. It was good coffee but the marketing/packaging, for me at least, doesn't justify the cost.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:18:11 AM EDT
[#21]
lol
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:55:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

While that may be true, it sounds like a convenient excuse too decrease product amount. It's not like they put a pound of green beans in a bag and then roast it and it now weights 12 oz, they roast beans and then decided to put 12 ounces in the bag instead of 16.
View Quote
I've never bought a bag of coffee beans, from anyone, that wasn't 12 ounces. It's pretty much an industry standard that many or most follow.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:23:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you ever actually bought Starbucks coffee or do you just parrot everything you read on here? Starbucks is 8 bucks a pound. How is that even comparable to BRC? BRC is 16 bucks a pound before shipping.

Wrong.

For Christ sake, it's not that hard to go on Amazon and check the price of Starbucks coffee before replying to my post and looking like an idiot.

Here, I'll do it for you:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LTI95ZW/ref=mp_s_a_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LTI95ZM/ref=mp_s_a_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LY43F15/ref=mp_s_a_1_13_a_it?ie=UTF8&
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Agreed.  And if you are going to advertise and brag about giving back to vets, try to kick in a little more than 3% of profits.  That is an insult.
View Quote
Retail net profit margins are incredibly low, typically around 3-5%.  On a million dollars in sales, that's only $30k-$50k.  Profit is necessary to grow a business, so I don't find 3% to be an insult.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
See, you drink that coffee shit.  You have no idea what kind of run off went into the soil and the plant.  You're playing with fire drinking that shit.

Stick with this stuff, it's made in a lab and you know exactly what chemicals are going in.  

http://www.rockstarenergyshop.com/media/catalog/product/cache/4/image/900x900/602f0fa2c1f0d1ba5e241f914e856ff9/r/s/rses-sf.jpg
View Quote
Electrolytes.  It's what plants crave.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:02:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Retail net profit margins are incredibly low, typically around 3-5%.  On a million dollars in sales, that's only $30k-$50k.  Profit is necessary to grow a business, so I don't find 3% to be an insult.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agreed.  And if you are going to advertise and brag about giving back to vets, try to kick in a little more than 3% of profits.  That is an insult.
Agreed.

And veterans really don't need to become the next professional victim class.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:15:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You're absolutly right... Then you throw in the bizarre following and it becomes even more strange.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can anyone explain to me how or Why this "Lifestyle Brand" marketing is even a thing?  

They claim to be veterans and like guns.  Therefore, people feel obligated to buy their product.    

You should read up on Consumer Brand Psychology.  Books like Hooked by Nir Eyal are pretty interesting.  or the academic work Emotional brand attachment and brand personality: The relative importance of the actual and the ideal self by Malär, Krohmer, Hoyer, Nyffenegger
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:25:14 AM EDT
[#28]
I like it. It's better than the Starbucks swill that's here at the office. I use the k cups CAF and AK47. I still throw sweetener and creamer in mine. It's one of the few things I'm a bit of a "dandy" about.

But to each his own.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:27:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I know you fuckers read this site. Listen up. Quit with the fucking spam email product announcements about your latest trucker hat or three pronged dildo.  Get some motherfucking focus on your motherfucking core business: coffee.

Sell bigger bags of fucking coffee, not this limp dick 12oz bullshit.  Maybe have your husband explain to you that he lied about how long 8 inches is and figure out that nobody wants a soda can sized (12oz) bag of coffee.  Sell it by the pound like fucking men.  Impress your parents and sell it in 5 pound bags, god damnit.  

Respectfully,
dillehayd

P.S. Fuck off with your subscription bullshit too. I want a good pot of coffee not some jelly of the month wanna-be retreated marketing reach around bullshit, dicksucks!
View Quote

10/10 This is a proper rant.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know you fuckers read this site. Listen up. Quit with the fucking spam email product announcements about your latest trucker hat or three pronged dildo.  Get some motherfucking focus on your motherfucking core business: coffee.

Sell bigger bags of fucking coffee, not this limp dick 12oz bullshit.  Maybe have your husband explain to you that he lied about how long 8 inches is and figure out that nobody wants a soda can sized (12oz) bag of coffee.  Sell it by the pound like fucking men.  Impress your parents and sell it in 5 pound bags, god damnit.  

Respectfully,
dillehayd

P.S. Fuck off with your subscription bullshit too. I want a good pot of coffee not some jelly of the month wanna-be retreated marketing reach around bullshit, dicksucks!

A+ Screen name, how old were you when you created it?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:44:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I buy the coffee to piss off the liberals in my office.  I was referred to HR because the ammo can/coffee pod box threatened someone.........worth every penny.
View Quote
You're shitting me.

That is awesome.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:45:57 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm not a coffee drinker but wanted to buy some for office.  Well I couldn't follow through after seeing the shipping costs.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:48:02 AM EDT
[#33]
I only drink whisky and water, sometimes beer too.

BUT if I drank coffee I'd check them out for sure. I am all about supporting people who are about our rights and beliefs over ones who aren't or neutral.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You should read up on Consumer Brand Psychology.  Books like Hooked by Nir Eyal are pretty interesting.  or the academic work Emotional brand attachment and brand personality: The relative importance of the actual and the ideal self by Malär, Krohmer, Hoyer, Nyffenegger
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thx for the reading!
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

A+ Screen name, how old were you when you created it?
View Quote
Much younger.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 12:49:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Like other have said they market themselves very well and the coffee is nothing special. I bet they make more on the merchandise these days then the actual coffee
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:57:28 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm drinking my first kcup of BRCC Just Black Coffee. It's not bad but not spectacular. I'm sure a whole bean roast would taste better. I'd buy a few different bags to try them but I doubt id buy it forever. The wife and I rotate out coffee up a bit anyway.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:09:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

We now have the official opinion from the guy that considers himself an expert on everything.

Finally.
View Quote
Don't believe I've ever claimed to be an expert on anything.  Thanks for the compliment though.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:44:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 4:42:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Much younger.
View Quote
Still very befitting though
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 4:54:44 PM EDT
[#41]
I like their videos...

Their coffee..meh...Had one and thought it was ok, tried another one the only way I could drink it was with lots of mile and sugar...it was just nasty.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#42]
I plan to try BRC once we run out of our rather large stash of Star Bucks beans.  We ended up with enough gift cards at Christmas to buy something like 12 bags and just used the gift cards last month.  I am all for supporting vets, pissing off people with the firearms thing and their videos are cool.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:00:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Just an FYI, but the reason roasted coffee comes in 12-13oz. bags is due to shrinkage via the roasting process.  Depending on how dark the roast, a pound of green beans will lose about 15-17% after roasting to say a medium City+>Full City roast and a bit more for the espresso dark roasts.

It used to be 13oz. for most ground/whole bean bags, but it's now starting to slip down to 12oz. level, which is like the European beers going down to 11.2oz. per bottle/can, instead of the normal 12oz. found in the USA.

Chris
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Respectfully,
dillehayd

Coffee  is sold vy weight and soda by volume.  Weak rant, shitty logic. 1 - 10.
I think you missed his comparison......

There are 16 OUNCES in a pound... BRCC come in 12 OUNCE bags.. 4 ounces less than 1 pound... and they happen to be small about the size of a 12 FLUID OUNCE soda can...

reading comprehension is hard yo.

Chris
Fwiw- None of that explanation makes any friggin sense.  At all.  

Rationalization is retarded.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:15:40 AM EDT
[#44]
5.5/10
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:25:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
i thought arfcom had a major hard on for this coffee?

starbucks and illegal somalis ftw
View Quote
GD is bipolar, didn't you know?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:53:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Exactly how do you use a three pronged dildo?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:56:23 AM EDT
[#47]
I think side stuff is their core business. I saw a guy with a black rifle coffee shirt on at the mall yesterday.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:08:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Marketing company that happens to sell coffee.
View Quote
This. They ain't stupid.

They realize that most of their business is about culture war virtue signaling, not coffee.

Coffee is just the beginning.

Be part of the team, support vets, show you aren't a panty-wasted Antifa liberal. Buy our shit.
Let people see you with our shit.

They're hardly the first, definitely won't be the last,
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:12:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I buy the coffee to piss off the liberals in my office.  I was referred to HR because the ammo can/coffee pod box threatened someone.........worth every penny.
View Quote
See what I mean?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:18:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

When I watched that video, I was like "MAC working for Monster now?"

It was obviously there for a reason, then he draws attention to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I only drink Monster™ brand energy drinks for all my morning energy needs.

Monster Energy is way more than an energy drink. Led by our athletes, musicians, employees, distributors and fans, Monster is a lifestyle in a can!®

http://i63.tinypic.com/a5cllf.jpg

When I watched that video, I was like "MAC working for Monster now?"

It was obviously there for a reason, then he draws attention to it.
[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ogId4kCae1A[/youtube]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top