BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:24:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wow. Just Wow.

So George Zimmerman needed to go down for murder then eh?

Darren Wilson too?

How many Yutes can you take on unarmed before they beat you to the point where they take your gun or just beat you to death?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Off duty cop or not, don't draw your gun on anyone who is unarmed.  Otherwise you're asking for trouble.

Wow. Just Wow.

So George Zimmerman needed to go down for murder then eh?

Darren Wilson too?

How many Yutes can you take on unarmed before they beat you to the point where they take your gun or just beat you to death?

Zimmerman was an idiot and a pussy.  And he paid for it.  Proves my point.  Don't introduce a gun to a fistfight.  If your'e a grumpy old guy with an eggshell skull, don't get in a fight.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Wow that is a much lower thresh hold then in FL. Very generally speaking, you won't get charges for aggravated assault (FL statute speak for this crime) unless you have a weapon in hand when you make the threat.  And even then it is not a sure thing.
View Quote

A threat alone is shit.
Intent, means, and oppurtunity.

I'm gonna shoot you in the face don't mean shit if they have not produced a weapon to shoot you with. If they are standing on the other side of a fence with a knife and say they are going to stab you they don't have the oppurtunity, until they start scaling the fence.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:25:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Maybe he pulled the trigger on purpose , he might of thought "shoot 1 into the ground to scatter the roaches".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe he pulled the trigger on purpose , he might of thought "shoot 1 into the ground to scatter the roaches".

I have seen that more than once in Brazil, a crowd forms around the cop yelling screaming, one cop  unholsters and fires about 5 shots in the air, instant crowd control
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Did you read the article on page 1 about sympathetic motor movements?   basically, it is physiologically impossible to grab someone tightly with one hand and not also exert some amount of force in the same manner with the other hand.  towing the kid over the bushes with a gun in the other hand would surely cause that, and in an un-commanded way.  there is a whole scientific paper on it posted earlier in the thread.  having read that I am sure the cop didnt INTEND to pull the trigger.
View Quote

That's why you keep your damn finger off the trigger. Cop was negligent because he put his finger in the trigger well like a dumb ass which caused the ND.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:30:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Zimmerman was an idiot and a pussy.  And he paid for it.  Proves my point.  Don't introduce a gun to a fistfight.  If your'e a grumpy old guy with an eggshell skull, don't get in a fight.
View Quote

Yep. That old man from the movie theater is about to learn that lesson!
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:40:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

A threat alone is shit.
Intent, means, and oppurtunity.
View Quote

Which is why the charge was suspicion of making a threat.  Uniform shows up, off-duty out-of-jurisdiction cop says "kid said he was going to shoot me, so I had to get it on", local uniform says "sounds good to me" and out come the cuffs.  Once it was rather quickly established that the kid was a) unarmed and b) attempting to leave, kid was released.  "Suspicion of XYZ" gives the cops cover to err on the side of caution and make an arrest but not get sued later when it turns out the complaint that resulted in the arrest was bullshit.

In this case, it also saves the local jurisdiction from the distasteful task of going back to the cop and saying "kid didn't have a weapon, you didn't act like he could have a weapon, so no threat was there, so tell us again why you felt you had to detain him?"
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#7]
If everyone that draws their weapon , shoots everyone inside 10 yards there would be a lot less of this shit going on.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:54:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:57:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That would be an RD. Retarded discharge. I have seen it happen. A female army NCO and a Marine MAJ. It is considered a ND by the military and was treated as such. If a firearm discharges and it's not a mechanical malfunction in the firearm then its negligence.

Using accident is a way of saying I was negligent and a dumb ass but it's not my fault.
View Quote

The correct way is to call a runaway.

We had a shitload of coax left for our last run that included a loader troops engagement.

I think I had 5-600 rounds on the top of the tank . after shooting all the troop targets, I called runaway and shot every round.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:00:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah... sure thing, tough guy.   I think you've had YOUR head bashed into the concrete a few too many times, Counselor.
View Quote

I would have kicked trayvon's ass.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:05:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

So the weak aren't allowed to defend themselves, got it.

Got a wife?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:08:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hope they can identify the attackers and press charges.
View Quote

Easy to  identify it was the, cop
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:14:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:21:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Seems the officer had multiple run ins with the kids over them cutting thru his yard..yet he didn't do the simple thing and install a barrier..or even cheaper, put up a simple hunting cam to provide proof to the cops and have the kids trespassed so the next time his cam got them the cops could do something.....instead he tried to play respect my authority...hope he can afford it...hopefully those kids parents care about them enough to straighten them out as well....
View Quote

Doubtful and doubtful.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If he did, he could kick her ass too.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the weak aren't allowed to defend themselves, got it.

Got a wife?

If he did, he could kick her ass too.  

She has pointy knuckles so I'll keep my distance.  

If you're weak, don't go looking for trouble.  It's pretty simple.  Pull a gun and shoot.  It's only a potential lifetime of living with prison gangs and eating bologna sandwiches.  No big deal.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:36:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Some of you guys are either retarded or just outright against self defense and the 2nd amendment. I hope you guys don't get called in for jury duty any time soon, it seems like you just can't wait to fuck over an innocent person. Who cares why or how it happened, everyone has the right to tell trespasser to GTFO, I don't give a shit what happens after, if they were trespassing they starter the altercation.

I've heard the saying "we are our own worst enemy" while discussing gun owners but this thread is getting ridiculous.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:18:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:20:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Some of you guys are either retarded or just outright against self defense and the 2nd amendment. I hope you guys don't get called in for jury duty any time soon, it seems like you just can't wait to fuck over an innocent person. Who cares why or how it happened, everyone has the right to tell trespasser to GTFO, I don't give a shit what happens after, if they were trespassing they starter the altercation.

I've heard the saying "we are our own worst enemy" while discussing gun owners but this thread is getting ridiculous.
View Quote

You're right.  Everyone has the right to tell someone on their lawn to GTFO.  That being said, after being told GTFO, if they leave, they are not trespassing.  So, no law was being broken.  Maybe officer friendly heard "I'll shoot you".  Again, the person who said it was a) unarmed and b) walking away, so again, no law was broken.  Therefore, there was no legal reason for this guy to run down the street to detain the kid.  Since the kid broke no laws, it was Citizen Fuckabuckets (as he was not acting as an LEO) who instigated the confrontation.  In case you missed the memo, you don't get to claim "self defense" when someone objects to your assaulting and kidnapping of a minor.  Now, thin blue line did what they could for CF (as he does tote a badge...for now), but let's face it, these kids aren't exactly MS13.  Don't kid yourself; if it was Joe Sixpack who ran down the street, grabbed a mouthy kid, dragged him back to his house, then pulled a gun on the kid's friends and fired a shot, he would be facing multiple felonies.   Half the problem with our community being its own worst enemy is that we commingle what we want to do with what we legally can and/or should do.  Yes.  Some kids walk across your lawn and tell you to get fucked as they walk way, you want to hose them down with 5.56 and bayonet the wounded.    However, they haven't broken any laws, so legally, you can't.  

TL:DR: the pro RKBA community isn't obligated to rush to the defense of every asshole who pulls a gun because he got dissed by a kid.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If you're weak, don't go looking for trouble.  It's pretty simple.  Pull a gun and shoot.  It's only a potential lifetime of living with prison gangs and eating bologna sandwiches.  No big deal.
View Quote

I can't even...

Guess self defense is no longer endorsed by GD. Suprise. 
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:26:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah fuck the facts!! Much feels... you know who else operations on their feels, liberals.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:26:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Ah.

So people like that should just shut up?  Elderly, women, smaller-framed people... they have fewer rights than gym-rats, karate-kids, and steroid-bros?  "Because shut your mouth, pussy... before I kick your scrawny ass."

Hmmm.

That's a bold legal strategy you've got there, Cotton.
View Quote

Which of those was Zimmerman?  I didn't say anything about rights.  I'm talking about decisions.  I've dealt with unarmed self defense shootings, trying to formulate the best defense for someone facing murder charges.  Have you?  Things look a lot different in 20-20 hindsight and ignorant media reporting.  If that situation is avoidable, it should be avoided, at all costs.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I can't even...

View Quote

LOL. Back before you were a 16'er things were much different.  I've defended people involved in shootings in front of juries.  Cash me outside.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Ah.

So people like that should just shut up?  Elderly, women, smaller-framed people... they have fewer rights than gym-rats, karate-kids, and steroid-bros?  "Because shut your mouth, pussy... before I kick your scrawny ass."

Hmmm.

That's a bold legal strategy you've got there, Cotton.
View Quote

No, people like that shouldn't let their mouth write a check they know their ass can't cash.  Defend yourself from hostile intent?  Sure.  Go pick fights because you have a gun when it inevitably goes sideways?  I'm not sure I understand where a right comes into play.   That may or may not be "bold legal strategy" but it is common fucking sense.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:32:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I can't even...

View Quote

No its just common fucking sense, if you're a little shit bird don't go writing checks with your mouth your ass can't cash. This 100% wouldn't have happened if 1)Mr. Bad ass would have just called the cops and let them handle it or 2) Not drag a fucking kid 5 houses down the block by his neck and arm. I support LEOs 100% when they are in the right this guy was more fucked up than a football bat and had some fucking complex to deal with. They are kids, I use to have kids cut through my property all the time to get to the river to fish. I didn't particularly like it because if they get hurt on my property its on me.  It kept happening so I build a fucking fence ( wall) and guess what, no more people on my property. YES the kids should have respect for other peoples property but they don't because their kids. Regardless it doesn't justify dragging a kid by the arm and neck because he said something that hurt your feelings. And I don't doubt for a second the bald dude didn't call a girl a dumb cunt by the rest of his behavior. His behavior and his story just don't jive or else I would probably give him the benefit of the doubt.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:38:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:42:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

This post is on a level of stupid that is equal to crayon eating.

The only people who could rightly claim self defense in this case is the kids.

Here's a simple rubric:  

Who in this situation gave chase and initiated physical contact?  That person is the aggressor.

Who retreated and sought to avoid physical contact?  Those people are the victims.

This has been explained to you in the simplest terms possible in this thread, and you have willfully ignored them, so I'm sure you'll willfully ignore this too.

And I get it.  The kids are mouthy, urban teens and the adult is a homeowning, gun owning, authority figure.  I get that you identify with the homeowner and you want him to be right, which is driving you to ignore all the facts to the contrary.  But if you're going to do that, at least have the integrity to not impugn people who pay attention to things like facts.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No its just common fucking sense, if you're a little shit bird don't go writing checks with your mouth your ass can't cash. This 100% wouldn't have happened if 1)Mr. Bad ass would have just called the cops and let them handle it or 2) Not drag a fucking kid 5 houses down the block by his neck and arm. I support LEOs 100% when they are in the right this guy was more fucked up than a football bat and had some fucking complex to deal with. They are kids, I use to have kids cut through my property all the time to get to the river to fish. I didn't particularly like it because if they get hurt on my property its on me.  It kept happening so I build a fucking fence ( wall) and guess what, no more people on my property. YES the kids should have respect for other peoples property but they don't because their kids. Regardless it doesn't justify dragging a kid by the arm and neck because he said something that hurt your feelings. And I don't doubt for a second the bald dude didn't call a girl a dumb cunt by the rest of his behavior. His behavior and his story just don't jive or else I would probably give him the benefit of the doubt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't even...

In that post I was referring to the quoted posts suggestion that "the weak shouldn't go looking trouble", not to this particular incident, but ok. 

Fuck grandma and people in wheelchairs, they should just stay out of everyones way and not go looking for trouble with us "strong" people. *Grumble grumble* if she hadn't been wearing a short skirt and revealing top *grumble grumble*... 
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:55:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It was an accident. Accident means "not intentional" If you shoot yourself in the foot drawing your pistol it's an accident. Accidents do not require the gun firing to be mechanical failure. I rear ended a guy on a bridge once because I was looking at some girl's ass who was on the sidewalk. That was a---wait for it---car accident. 
View Quote

That's hilarious........and I did the same damn thing once.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:55:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yes, I saw that part where they argue about the same thing while the off duty cop is grabbing the kid.  I have seen no video of what was originally said that triggered the off duty cop.
View Quote

You're going to have to make a logical inference based off the available evidence.

Do you really think the kid DIDN'T threaten to shoot him? You are cherrypicking your own narrative, kind of like the punk kid.

"NOOOOO I swear I didn't say that I just said show the lady some respect!"

Later that day....

"Wait yeah ok I said that but it was "SUE" not "SHOOT"   - that plays in your mind? This combative, peacocking 14 year old kid is going to fire that rebuttal off in front of his friends and his girl? This is a rational, sequitur inference for you? How naive can you be?

Seriously, I'm not asking you to jump to conclusions, just be reasonable.

We can reasonably assume the kid did threaten to shoot him  on his own lawn - any other exchange of dialogue would not have created the scenario where the kid was charged!!

Come on man

EDIT: Not trying to be combative, you just seem intelligent enough that you must be pulling some serious mental gymnastics to draw the conclusions you've drawn.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You're going to have to make a logical inference based off the available evidence.

Do you really think the kid DIDN'T threaten to shoot him? You are cherrypicking your own narrative, kind of like the punk kid.

"NOOOOO I swear I didn't say that I just said show the lady some respect!"

Later that day....

"Wait yeah ok I said that but it was "SUE" not "SHOOT"   - that plays in your mind? This combative, peacocking 14 year old kid is going to fire that rebuttal off in front of his friends and his girl? This is a rational, sequitur inference for you? How naive can you be?

Seriously, I'm not asking you to jump to conclusions, just be reasonable.

We can reasonably assume the kid did threaten to shoot him  on his own lawn - any other exchange of dialogue would not have created the scenario where the kid was charged!!

Come on man

EDIT: Not trying to be combative, you just seem intelligent enough that you must be pulling some serious mental gymnastics to draw the conclusions you've drawn.
View Quote

Pfft , anti-coppers gonna anti-cop .
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you trolling, or did you start hitting the bottle a bit early for a Friday?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You're right.  Everyone has the right to tell someone on their lawn to GTFO.  That being said, after being told GTFO, if they leave, they are not trespassing.  So, no law was being broken.  Maybe officer friendly heard "I'll shoot you".  Again, the person who said it was a) unarmed and b) walking away, so again, no law was broken.  Therefore, there was no legal reason for this guy to run down the street to detain the kid.  Since the kid broke no laws, it was Citizen Fuckabuckets (as he was not acting as an LEO) who instigated the confrontation.  In case you missed the memo, you don't get to claim "self defense" when someone objects to your assaulting and kidnapping of a minor.  Now, thin blue line did what they could for CF (as he does tote a badge...for now), but let's face it, these kids aren't exactly MS13.  Don't kid yourself; if it was Joe Sixpack who ran down the street, grabbed a mouthy kid, dragged him back to his house, then pulled a gun on the kid's friends and fired a shot, he would be facing multiple felonies.   Half the problem with our community being its own worst enemy is that we commingle what we want to do with what we legally can and/or should do.  Yes.  Some kids walk across your lawn and tell you to get fucked as they walk way, you want to hose them down with 5.56 and bayonet the wounded.    However, they haven't broken any laws, so legally, you can't.  

TL:DR: the pro RKBA community isn't obligated to rush to the defense of every asshole who pulls a gun because he got dissed by a kid.
View Quote

You're Superman?

Or maybe got bit by a radioactive spider?

How did you know he was unarmed from the get-go?

Lots of SME's on violence in this thread...
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

In that post I was referring to the quoted posts suggestion that "the weak shouldn't go looking trouble", not to this particular incident, but ok. 

Fuck grandma and people in wheelchairs, they should just stay out of everyones way and not go looking for trouble with us "strong" people. *Grumble grumble* if she hadn't been wearing a short skirt and revealing top *grumble grumble*... 
View Quote

Grandma and people in wheelchairs shouldn't go looking for trouble.  What point are you trying to make?  That grandma has the "right" to go instigate shit?

Nobody is arguing that "the week weak" <yeah, week/weak, I was typing fast and the spellcheck got me> don't have the right to self defense; they are arguing that 2A isn't there to bail you out when you start some shit and it doesn't proceed as you fantasized it would.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have seen that more than once in Brazil, a crowd forms around the cop yelling screaming, one cop  unholsters and fires about 5 shots in the air, instant crowd control
View Quote

It is not usually a legal use of a firearm to use it to; warn, threaten or intimidate.  Generally, a firearm may only be drawn (and especially discharged) in the event of an IMMEDIATE threat to life or serious bodily harm.  And only then if the conditions of; opportunity, capability and intent are evident on the part of the assailant.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:30:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Grandma and people in wheelchairs shouldn't go looking for trouble.  What point are you trying to make?  That grandma has the "right" to go instigate shit?

Nobody is arguing that "the week" don't have the right to self defense; they are arguing that 2A isn't there to bail you out when you start some shit and it doesn't proceed as you fantasized it would.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody is arguing that "the week" don't have the right to self defense; they are arguing that 2A isn't there to bail you out when you start some shit and it doesn't proceed as you fantasized it would.

*weak.

And I'm pointing out that LawyerUps posts strongly insinuate that he believes people who are "weak" should just never go outside and somehow totally avoid all forms of conflict, lest they risk "a potential lifetime of living with prison gangs and eating bologna sandwiches." Go read all his posts on this page and tell me you don't see that.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
no damage to the other vehicle, thank God He just turned around, glared at me and drove off
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's hilarious........and I did the same damn thing once.
no damage to the other vehicle, thank God He just turned around, glared at me and drove off

Picture of said "ass" needed to determine good crash or not.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:32:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Are you trolling, or did you start hitting the bottle a bit early for a Friday?
View Quote

What are you drama queens all upset about?  You think that was an intentional discharge?  You think had he shot one of the kids he wouldn't get charged?  I'm not seeing the outrage here.  Stupid cop was stupid.  Stupid kids are stupid.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Why is he creepy?
View Quote

Ever explained to your children about "Stranger danger"?  These kids don't know who the hell he is, all they know is he is grabbing their friend on the way to school and not letting him go.  There were enough there, Im surprised they didn't jump him to save their friend.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You're Superman?

Or maybe got bit by a radioactive spider?

How did you know he was unarmed from the get-go?

Lots of SME's on violence in this thread...
View Quote

Okay, I'll break it down for you:

Even if the kid did say "I'll shoot you", the fact is the citizen/officer approached and apprehended the kid as if he knew the kid was unarmed and not a threat.  The  officer didn't have his gun drawn when he approached the teen.  He didn't order the teen to prone out with his hands visible.  He didn't hold the gun with one hand while calling the police with the other.  NOTHING this guy did gave ANY indication that he thought the kid was a threat.   Given those facts, I'm perfectly willing to go with "off-duty out-of-jurisdiction cop was steamed he got dissed and decided to show that punk-assed would-be white knight who had the bigger dick".
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:42:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It was not a hill to die on, that's for sure. But if they were disobeying lawful orders, resisting arrest/detention, and assaulted an officer, I don't see any legal exposure. Besides possibly violating dept policy.
View Quote

Did he ever shown them a badge or in some other way prove that he was a cop?
If some guy in plain clothes grabbed a friend of mine and started dragging him and assaulting for walking on a lawn him but said "its cool, im a cop" I would sure want to see proof of it before taking him at his word and allowing him to continue assaulting my friend.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:43:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I don't think much of that stuff flies when he's in his dungarees on his lawn. "I didn't think he was a cop, I thought he was a pervert who was going to take Jose into his garage and ass fuck him"

If I was driving to the grocery store and saw that guy had one of my kid's friends by the neck (okay if they were 14 and not 4) I wouldn't tackle the guy but "Get the fuck out of here I'm a cop" wouldn't get me to hop back in my car and leave one of the neighbor kids by himself. 
View Quote

This right here.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:46:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
honestly I can see justification when those kids jumped the hedge and came at him he was way overwhelmed - under the circumstances I think he'll get a talking to but not much more.  the obvious question is how did this all get started, and was all this while waiting for the cops to arrive, because if that guy was detaining a suspect and facing a mob, I dont even see a talking to.
View Quote

But why were the kids surrounding him?
They saw some random guy acting like a dick and assaulting their friend.

Plenty of stupidity on both sides.
If you or i tried to hold on to some neighborhood kid for walking on my lawn I'd be hauled to jail.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Ever explained to your children about "Stranger danger"?  These kids don't know who the hell he is, all they know is he is grabbing their friend on the way to school and not letting him go.  There were enough there, Im surprised they didn't jump him to save their friend.
View Quote
Well my kids don't trespass, or attack adults in groups, or threaten to shoot people so I can't really relate.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:53:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

So if you tell a trespasser to GTFO and they do in fact GTFO but mumble something, you think it is OK to chase them 3 yards down then drag them back to your yard and bust a cap?

I do find it interesting, how many fathers here would be fine with a skinhead calling their 13 year old daughter a cunt because she set foot on his grass.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#46]
As mentioned above is these kids were not gang thugs  They are bunch of

Mouthy kids. all the gang members down here in Miami ride the school

bus and carry their books in a backpack.

lawn man  would have been   stabbed 10 times at the first house.

gang members gets  thrown around a lot  .

it's like saying a kid that steals some skittles is a mafia associate.

plain and simple this was a bunch of mouthy kids and  an adult who got way too carried away.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 3:00:52 PM EDT
[#47]
If they don't respect the border why would they respect your lawn.

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#48]
There is also a lot of talk about yet justified to shoot going on.

I look at like this you have an alcoholic neighbor one day he ties one on

stumbles up to your front door and walked straight in sure you can shoot them

but it doesn't mean you should.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Seems the officer had multiple run ins with the kids over them cutting thru his yard..yet he didn't do the simple thing and install a barrier..or even cheaper, put up a simple hunting cam to provide proof to the cops and have the kids trespassed so the next time his cam got them the cops could do something.....instead he tried to play respect my authority...hope he can afford it...hopefully those kids parents care about them enough to straighten them out as well....
View Quote
Homeowner's association probably doesn't allow front yard fences, by the looks of the neighbors' homes. Oh well, California's gonna California I guess.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 3:11:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Okay, I'll break it down for you:

Even if the kid did say "I'll shoot you", the fact is the citizen/officer approached and apprehended the kid as if he knew the kid was unarmed and not a threat.  The  officer didn't have his gun drawn when he approached the teen.  He didn't order the teen to prone out with his hands visible.  He didn't hold the gun with one hand while calling the police with the other.  NOTHING this guy did gave ANY indication that he thought the kid was a threat.   Given those facts, I'm perfectly willing to go with "off-duty out-of-jurisdiction cop was steamed he got dissed and decided to show that punk-assed would-be white knight who had the bigger dick".
View Quote

LOL.

Do you normally specialize in Bird Law?
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top