Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:41:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Money doesn't buy happiness .

Everyone gets stuck on the definition of happiness.

Money indeed does buy happiness.

What money won't buy is love .

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:41:22 PM EDT
[#2]
"The AR-15 was sold to Americans as a sporting rifle before the US military adopted it."

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:41:26 PM EDT
[#3]
A dirty air filter significantly decreases gas mileage.
https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/pdfs/Air_Filter_Effects_02_26_2009.pdf
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:41:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lining up in spec gas rings will cause your AR to fail.  
View Quote

First thing I did when I heard that was to line up the gas rings with the gap exposed, assemble the bolt and fire the gun a bunch to see if it affected anything. It obviously didn't.

But, it persists. I'm amazed people buy stuff so easy to prove to themselves the veracity of.

This includes lots of sex to see if it adversely affects pussy...something I'm also quite scientific about.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

WD40 eats motorcycle chain o-rings
View Quote

Oy, hear that shit all the time. Another one that's super easy to prove or disprove. Dunk a chemically resistant nitrile o-ring in some WD-40, and watch what happens. Leave it there for a month. Or a year.

It won't change.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:43:44 PM EDT
[#6]
45 > 9
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

One does not become "infected" with Poison Ivy/Sumac. That's just a myth.
View Quote

Poor choice of words, "have an adverse reaction from exposure to". Bettah?

We both know what I meant.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:45:33 PM EDT
[#8]
treadmills make planes fly
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#9]
That one lead smelter closing is the cause of ammo costs rising
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
They say the oil can last a year or more on items that you touch and that most people are re-exposing themselves to something that is contaminated and that is why they think it is spreading.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They say the oil can last a year or more on items that you touch and that most people are re-exposing themselves to something that is contaminated and that is why they think it is spreading.

The spreading is usually the contaminated oil getting on the hands (which on the thicker fingers and palm seldom break out), and then touching other areas of the body with fresh urushiol. Or, other body parts or items carrying urushiol hitting other areas. The stronger the "dose" into an exposed area of skin, and the more thin/absorbant that skin is, the faster and more violently the skin reacts. It's an incredible substance, just a fraction of a tiny droplet could infect every inch of your body and have plenty left over.

Once it absorbs to the point that it's causing redness, blistering, it doesn't come back out. It's being broken down and absorbed into the body, that's what causes the reaction...some people's bodies react with redness and blistering.

It does not come back out of blisters or rashes.

Ask your dermatologist how this stuff works, you don't have to trust me. On the clean-up bit, skin absorption is subjective too...some people absorb it much faster than others...as pore density and other factors (like heat, sweating) can speed it up. So, cleaning it off is a generalized tip, but you do have a small window to avoid getting smacked by it.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

If you get sloppy seconds after Meat had his way with her, it's going to feel looser than if you had the honors.
View Quote

Yeah, if you get in a car that's been driven hard the tires are still hot and swollen up.

Doesn't change the fact that tomorrow morning they're the same size as before she met Meat.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:02:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Point of pedantic clarification - we didn't evolve from modern apes. We share a common ancestor with creatures that could well be considered apes. That common ancestor no longer exists. It's been extinct for a very long time.

The cousin analogy you made is a good one. You and your cousin(s) share a common ancestor. You didn't descend/evolve from your cousin. Add a metric fuck-ton of generations to that, and there ya go.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#13]
HAM.

not just for eating.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:02:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We need to stop having kids because of overpopulation...

This was an interesting theory which was popular back 50 years ago. And, 50 years ago, someone could look at the data and it at least appeared to be accurate.

Today the data tells another story. In the developed world, birthrates are below replacement levels. And, in most third world countries, birthrates are rapidly falling to replacement levels as well.
View Quote

Citation(s)?
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:03:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Muscles, especially those rarely used or conditioned, atrophy, losing mass, strength and tone. Drinking milk for every meal doesn't result in a greater ability to chew up a steak or hoagie.

Urushiol is not "powdery oil", whatever that is, it is an oleoresin, resins are sticky hence, Urushiol is a sticky oily resin contained in the saps of poison ivy, oak and sumac and also in parts of the Mango tree, the skin of the mango fruit being one.

Because it is sticky it touching it can transfer it to other areas of the body and to other susceptible individuals, In the right conditions, the resin can stay active for years on things like tools, saws boots etc...

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:06:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Very, very few threads in GD end up as an "intelligent" conversation, no matter how good the intentions of the OP.

This thread is not one of them.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:09:12 PM EDT
[#17]
<applause>
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#18]
The Civil War wasn't about slavery Lost Cause bullshit myth.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:11:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Citation(s)?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was an interesting theory which was popular back 50 years ago. And, 50 years ago, someone could look at the data and it at least appeared to be accurate.

Today the data tells another story. In the developed world, birthrates are below replacement levels. And, in most third world countries, birthrates are rapidly falling to replacement levels as well.

Citation(s)?

we are not over-populating any way. The entire population of the earth could be housed in an area slightly less than the size of Texas, without any overcrowding.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:12:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Colorado is the greatest state for outdoor activities.

- it's a great state for many sight seeing adventures, but it is hard to get really away and do things that are off the beaten path.

View Quote
I've spent days in Colorado traveling without crossing another person.  It may not be as wide open as the Mohave but you can get away.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:13:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
we are not over-populating any way. The entire population of the earth could be housed in an area slightly less than the size of Texas, without any overcrowding.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Citation(s)?

Define "overcrowding."
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:15:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The Civil War wasn't about slavery Lost Cause bullshit myth.
View Quote

That's my favorite one.

I always like to remind the "It was about State's Rights!!!" guys of the Fugitive Slave Act - enacted on the Federal level to force free states to return runaway slaves, in opposition to their own state laws.

State's Rights indeed.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:17:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

3. We evolved from apes.

View Quote

We are apes.

"Apes (Hominoidea) are a branch of Old World tailless anthropoid catarrhine primates native to Africa and Southeast Asia. They are distinguished from other primates by a wider degree of freedom of motion at the shoulder joint as evolved by the influence of brachiation. There are two extant branches of the superfamily Hominoidea: the gibbons, or lesser apes; and the hominids, or great apes.

The family Hylobatidae, the lesser apes, include four genera and a total of sixteen species of gibbon, including the lar gibbon and the siamang, all native to Asia. They are highly arboreal and bipedal on the ground. They have lighter bodies and smaller social groups than great apes.
The family Hominidae, known collectively as the great apes, includes orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees, and humans;[1][a][2][3] alternatively, this family clade is also known as the hominids. There are seven extant species of great apes: two in the orangutans (genus Pongo), two in the gorillas (genus Gorilla), two in the chimpanzees (genus Pan), and a single extant species, Homo sapiens, of modern humans (genus Homo).[4][5]"
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If pussies don't get wrecked, why does my 50 year old wife's labia not look like her 25 year old labia?  

Shooting out a watermelon out of a grape sized whole is going to wreck it. Fact.
View Quote

My wife and I have three kids and are in our late thirties. That thing is as tight she wants it to be. Does it look the same as it did when we were 19? No, but neither does my dick and balls, or the rest of our bodies, lol. Still looks better than most I see, in my online "research".

I've never understood how people could think that fucking a bunch of guys is doing anything that fucking one guy, a bunch, isn't....
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:20:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Urushiol is not "powdery oil", whatever that is, it is an oleoresin, resins are sticky hence, Urushiol is a sticky oily resin contained in the saps of poison ivy, oak and sumac and also in parts of the Mango tree, the skin of the mango fruit being one.
View Quote

Under a microscope the sap looks like a powder, with the urushiol is contained in it. It lays on the leaves like a powder, albeit a very sticky one that easily moves from the leaf's surface to what it touches.

My dermatologist calls it a powdery oil, which I repeated because I thought it helped to convey how it works touching it....but it's semantics really. Call it a super tar-like mega resin with 87 molecules of suckitude.

It doesn't change the myth I'm talking about, does it?
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:20:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Your not going to drop this oil shit are you?

Subarus are for straight people.
- Even Subaru has come out of the closet on this one.

Colorado is the greatest state for outdoor activities.
- it's a great state for many sight seeing adventures, but it is hard to get really away and do things that are off the beaten path.

Hamburger and ground beef are the same.
- no way, I don't believe it.  This is one bread I always remember for so e reason.

Tattoos are the devil.
- it's really just stupid to pretend that is some limiting factor in ones life.
View Quote

That's only because the locals are stingy about telling out of staters the good spots
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
We are apes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

3. We evolved from apes.

We are apes.

Yeah, again, that was implied in the argument itself.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

3. We evolved from apes.

We are apes.

If you just worded the myth "We evolved from modern apes", you'd be golden.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:29:23 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

3. We evolved from apes.

We are apes.

I'll amend it with asterisks, footnotes, and qualifiers and someone will still argue with me. Fucking apes.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:30:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Trump
View Quote

TRUMP is true    .      2016  Not so much.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'll amend it with asterisks, footnotes, and qualifiers and someone will still argue with me. Fucking apes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

3. We evolved from apes.

We are apes.

GD is serious business.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:37:15 PM EDT
[#32]
The War of Northern Aggression was only over slavery.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Money doesn't buy happiness .

View Quote

It doesn't but you can rent it for a little bit.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:47:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Divorce threads usually bring these two out.

1) Talk to all the best lawyers in town about your divorce and then they won't be able to take your spouse as a client.

2) Sell your valuables to a trusted friend for a ridiculously low amount. Then once the divorce is finalized buy said valuable back from said trusted friend for same ridiculously low amount.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:50:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'll quote my 71 year old neighbor here. "In 1965 when I married her, I'd eat that sweet little piece of Bubblegum, Now it looks like a Cowpie with a Wagon wheel track through it"    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If pussies don't get wrecked, why does my 50 year old wife's labia not look like her 25 year old labia?  

Shooting out a watermelon out of a grape sized whole is going to wreck it. Fact.
I'll quote my 71 year old neighbor here. "In 1965 when I married her, I'd eat that sweet little piece of Bubblegum, Now it looks like a Cowpie with a Wagon wheel track through it"    

HAHAHAHA! I'd stop by that guys house everyday and drink coffee. That's hilarious.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:51:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Walmart guns are lower quality than the same exact model from your LGS - total bullshit claim.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:52:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:57:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

My wife and I have three kids and are in our late thirties. That thing is as tight she wants it to be. Does it look the same as it did when we were 19? No, but neither does my dick and balls, or the rest of our bodies, lol. Still looks better than most I see, in my online "research".

I've never understood how people could think that fucking a bunch of guys is doing anything that fucking one guy, a bunch, isn't....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

nothing to see here

you can for sure "wreck" a twat, it just takes more than your cock to do it over a period of time

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:10:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

3. We evolved from apes.

We are apes.

You could give GD a bottomless pot of gold and 9.87 of 10 posters will bitch and moan.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:19:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Subarus are for straight people.
- Even Subaru has come out of the closet on this one.
View Quote

I really feel for people that tie their sexuality or cock size to a vehicle.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:22:34 PM EDT
[#41]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1903715_Shotguns_for_Home_Defense_Users__What_is_your_shell_of_choice_.html

Quoted:

In the last couple weeks, I saw all three of these in GD.

1. The vagina gets wider the more sex a woman has. "Loose" women myth.

Fellas, it's elastic and controlled by muscles....it's like a rubber band,
not a hole in a wet cardboard box. Fucking it repeatedly will not wreck
it. BTW, in general when women are tense or not into it, it doesn't
tend to be as "open"...so if you're banging nothing but really tight
women, I got some bad news for you. It should be easy to get into there,
you're probably ugly or bad at it. Sorry.

View Quote
You know rubber bands wear out too, right?...

If you stretch it beyond its normal limits over and over, it's not going to return to normal (that's why we have things like vaginal rejuvenation). The good news is that nobody in GD has a weenie big enough to cause those sorts of problems.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:22:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:25:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1903715_Shotguns_for_Home_Defense_Users__What_is_your_shell_of_choice_.html

If you stretch it beyond its normal limits over and over, it's not going to return to normal (that's why we have things like vaginal rejuvenation). The good news is that nobody in GD has a weenie big enough to cause those sorts of problems.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fellas, it's elastic and controlled by muscles....it's like a rubber band, not a hole in a wet cardboard box. Fucking it repeatedly will not wreck it. BTW, in general when women are tense or not into it, it doesn't tend to be as "open"...so if you're banging nothing but really tight women, I got some bad news for you. It should be easy to get into there, you're probably ugly or bad at it. Sorry.

If two kids couldn't stretch my wife's hoohah out, my little pecker never stood a chance.

I mean...I ain't self conscious about that area or nothin', but I definitely ain't got the girth of a pair of newborns, know what I mean?

He's right to call it a myth.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:26:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
45 > 9
View Quote

My computer agrees with that statement.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Another Myth: Oil comes from dead Dinosaurs.
View Quote
Like dinosaurs and only dinosaurs?  Well duh. It came from all kinds of dead stuff.  A long time ago. Like maybe before dinosaurs.  I never thought anyone took that statement literally.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's mostly zooplankton and algae, but I'm pretty sure there's a tiny amount of dead dino in there somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:44:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah wait until they see the Dinosaur farms we have where we turn living Dinosaurs into oil.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:45:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Dank memes do melt steel beams.

Dicks out for Harambe.

I have nothing to add.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:48:19 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fellas, it's elastic and controlled by muscles....it's like a rubber band, not a hole in a wet cardboard box. Fucking it repeatedly will not wreck it. BTW, in general when women are tense or not into it, it doesn't tend to be as "open"...so if you're banging nothing but really tight women, I got some bad news for you. It should be easy to get into there, you're probably ugly or bad at it. Sorry.

No penis will stretch it beyond its normal limits....which is the myth. Some women squirt out half a dozen kids and are still tight, other women (by virtue of their tissue structure, physiology, etc) tear or their muscles are pulled in such a way that the vagina can loosen.

Point being, even Jonah Falcon doesn't have a dick big enough to approach that kind of damage....and even HE's not guaranteed to stretch 'em out.

As for wearing out...age will do that to ya. No dicks needed.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:49:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I don't think anyone actually believes #1. It's just used when a poster wants to be a sneering little bitch.
View Quote

Coming from someone that claims she needs at least 9", it's kinda funny.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top