Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:45:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would mow it for free for a month or so.

ETA: if it only took 10 more minutes I would do it all year.
View Quote

Yeah I hate mowing so bought one of those wide deck walk behinds so that I can do my yard in 20 mins.  I halfway suspect that is the real reason for the note ("don't be encroaching on my territory, bro")because I didn't really cut my grass any lower or "into her yard" than I always have but am just now getting a "note".

Biggest fuck you I could think of would be to take money right out of their pockets.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm impressed, not one misspelled word and very legible handwriting. I doubt many of the lawn service guys in my area could pull that off, most of them can't speak English.
View Quote

"Clients?"

As in the "client" of a second-year law student who has already found his calling in life?

Omitted the apostrophe it would appear.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:48:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Next time the lawn service arrives, go out and start cutting the neighbor's side of the property line with an old rusty lively lad.  Watch the guy's head explode.

http://www.wmi.org/messageboard_pictures/newboard_comments/1275795.gif
View Quote

Idiot stick!
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

"Client?"

As in the "client" of a second-year law student who has already found his calling in life?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm impressed, not one misspelled word and very legible handwriting. I doubt many of the lawn service guys in my area could pull that off, most of them can't speak English.

"Client?"

Purely semantic. A service I used for a while was called the Lawn Doctor, all his customers were referred to as patients.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:49:58 AM EDT
[#5]
All the time you hear on here people
expressing property rights.
Don't put 1 foot on my property. Your trespassing if you come to
my door. So what's the difference you were on someone else's
property you might as well have been writing graffiti on the wall .
stay off of other people's property and you will have no notes left on your car.

Just because you don't think it's a big deal. She may not like your guns
but she doesn't come over and damage them.

People think they can do whatever they like to someone else's property
without any remorse because in
their mind it's no big deal. This is why we cannot have nice things .

I'll explain the trigger response from me. My neighbor thinks
it's perfectly all right to build a fence 8 inches on my property attached
to my house boy it's only 8 inches.
Cut a tree down because it blocked his satellite dish tree was on my
property completely no branches
extending to his. But he felt no big deal respect property
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:50:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I can't fathom giving a fuck about the grass so long as it's short and not bothering me.
View Quote

4"s dude... you're out of your element
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:50:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's a lawn crew that cuts her yard.  That's why I think it'd be funny to just offer to cut her yard for free so they lose the business.  I have a 33" walk behind and it would take me like 10 extra mins.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of all of the stupid, inconsequential things to worry about....  Is that guy retired/older?

It's a lawn crew that cuts her yard.  That's why I think it'd be funny to just offer to cut her yard for free so they lose the business.  I have a 33" walk behind and it would take me like 10 extra mins.

Do it!  Save an old lady money and fuck them in the pocket book...
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:52:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Say something to your neighbors and if they're not in agreement let them know the next time they come making that much noise that late that you'll call the LEO on them.
View Quote
[rolf2]

Noise laws are usually 10pm-7am on week nights.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
All the time you hear on here people expressing property rights. Don't put 1 foot on my property. Your trespassing if you come to my door. So what's the difference you were on someone else's property you might as well have been writing graffiti on the wall same thing stay off of other people's property and you will have no notes left on your car.

Just because you don't think it's a big deal. She may not like your guns but she doesn't come over and damage them.

People think they can do whatever they like to someone else's property without any remorse because in
their mind it's no big deal. This is why we cannot have nice things.

All the time you hear on here people expressing property rights. Don't put 1 foot on my property. Your
trespassing if you come to my door. So what's the difference you were on someone else's property you
might as well have been writing graffiti on the wall same thing stay off of other people's property and
you will have no notes left on your car.

Just because you don't think it's a big deal. She may not like your guns but she doesn't come
over and damage them.

People think they can do whatever they like to someone else's property without any remorse
because in their mind it's no big deal. This is why we cannot have nice things

it's perfectly all right to build a fence 8 inches on my property attached to my house boy it's only 8 inches.
Cut a tree down because it blocked his satellite dish tree was on my property completely no branches
View Quote

Stroke?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Next time the lawn service shows up, be waiting in full mad max gear sitting on this.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh174/smokiesmokie/F7225B91-034E-4765-BB2D-BB4621281A85_zps3fc1ygca.jpg
View Quote

And mount a to that bad boy
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:53:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
All the time you hear on here people expressing property rights. Don't put 1 foot on my property. Your trespassing if you come to my door. So what's the difference you were on someone else's property you might as well have been writing graffiti on the wall same thing stay off of other people's property and you will have no notes left on your car.

Just because you don't think it's a big deal. She may not like your guns but she doesn't come over and damage them.

People think they can do whatever they like to someone else's property without any remorse because in
their mind it's no big deal. This is why we cannot have nice things.

All the time you hear on here people expressing property rights. Don't put 1 foot on my property. Your
trespassing if you come to my door. So what's the difference you were on someone else's property you
might as well have been writing graffiti on the wall same thing stay off of other people's property and
you will have no notes left on your car.

Just because you don't think it's a big deal. She may not like your guns but she doesn't come
over and damage them.

People think they can do whatever they like to someone else's property without any remorse
because in their mind it's no big deal. This is why we cannot have nice things

it's perfectly all right to build a fence 8 inches on my property attached to my house boy it's only 8 inches.
Cut a tree down because it blocked his satellite dish tree was on my property completely no branches
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:53:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Mow the words "Fuck you" into their yard.

Problem solved.
View Quote

go lay that out in bird seed; that's like insta-weeds
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:54:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
4 inches? Who the heck cuts a yard at 4 inches? Might as well not even mow it
View Quote

Mid to late Summer I mow around 4"

ETA: By mid July mower is on the highest setting. But then again, I appreciate a nice yard and apply the appropiate fertilizer and  ironite to achieve that deep dark green. The folks that would feel more at home at the trailer park are evident
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:55:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Problem solved.

View Quote
The gas to do that would emit CO2 into the air.

Use Roundup.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:56:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I was thinking about offering to mow her yard for free as the biggest fuck you of all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Problem solved.

I was thinking about offering to mow her yard for free as the biggest fuck you of all.

This ...  So much win.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Straight lines lol My yard looks like an etch a sketch doodle the first day or two after I mow it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:58:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Cut the grass for free, if you like the neighbor.

That's the ultimate FU. Right to their wallets.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:58:36 AM EDT
[#18]
A lawn mower should blade at 45 degrees.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:58:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you not notice the missing apostrophe in the word "neighbors"?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:00:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Landscapers?

Go with the Paulie Walnuts approach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HfRzQBHIP4

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:01:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Why would you say something about them mowing at 9pm?  No different than assholes that mow at 9am

you mowed her yard, your fault.  I wouldn't say anything if you did it to my yard but some people take that shit seriously.
View Quote

Assholes that mow at 9:00 am?  Does working people operating during normal business hours bother you princess?

My town has this neat little noise ordinance that kicks in after 9:00 pm just in case you want to keep framing houses while families are trying to get ready for bed.  Not to mention the stupidity of a crack head mowing grass under headlights in the dark at 9:00 pm.

And the neighbor gives no fucks if OP strays on to the yard.  It's the apparently tweaking lawn boy that is butt hurt.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:01:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Stroke?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cut a tree down because it blocked his satellite dish tree

Stroke?

A very small one thanks for noticing.      
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:04:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Well, this is turning out to look like a... turf war.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:07:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Problem solved.

I am liking this.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This is the winning answer. Talk about unintended consequence's on the lawn guy's douchebaggery!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the winning answer. Talk about unintended consequence's on the lawn guy's douchebaggery!

Yeah.  I like this course of action.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:21:10 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Of all of the stupid, inconsequential things to worry about....  Is that guy retired/older?

Show the neighbor the note and/or offer to put in the 10 extra minutes as you mentioned. Heck - doing it as a neighborly courtesy might even get you a plate of warm, fresh cookies every now and again.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:21:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
All the time you hear on here people
expressing property rights.
Don't put 1 foot on my property. Your trespassing if you come to
my door. So what's the difference you were on someone else's
property you might as well have been writing graffiti on the wall .
stay off of other people's property and you will have no notes left on your car.

Just because you don't think it's a big deal. She may not like your guns
but she doesn't come over and damage them.

People think they can do whatever they like to someone else's property
without any remorse because in
their mind it's no big deal. This is why we cannot have nice things .

it's perfectly all right to build a fence 8 inches on my property attached
to my house boy it's only 8 inches.
Cut a tree down because it blocked his satellite dish tree was on my
property completely no branches
View Quote

English?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
View Quote

Hahaha. Now that would be perfect, brilliant even. Mowing fuck you is a simpletons idea. The neighbors likely have no idea. Your beef is with the lawn service.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#29]
I dunno, man. I wish my lawn guy had that kind of attention to detail.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:24:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I am liking this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Problem solved.

I am liking this.

Yep. Kill 'em with kindness.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:24:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yeah I hate mowing so bought one of those wide deck walk behinds so that I can do my yard in 20 mins.  I halfway suspect that is the real reason for the note ("don't be encroaching on my territory, bro")because I didn't really cut my grass any lower or "into her yard" than I always have but am just now getting a "note".

Biggest fuck you I could think of would be to take money right out of their pockets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would mow it for free for a month or so.

ETA: if it only took 10 more minutes I would do it all year.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:25:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Roundup and sponge.

Either tie Roundup soaked sponges to shoes and run thru the yard in the middle of the night or tie string around sponge and randomly toss and retrieve.

Let him explain how he's killing her lawn.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:26:11 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Why would you say something about them mowing at 9pm?  No different than assholes that mow at 9am

you mowed her yard, your fault.  I wouldn't say anything if you did it to my yard but some people take that shit seriously.
View Quote
Agreed.  Especially if client paid good money for lawncare and OP jacked it up with his dull blades.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:28:00 AM EDT
[#34]
You better be having words next time you see them it sounds like these guys need an attitude adjustment. Mowing at 9pm is plain inconsiderate and touching your wife's car is not cool.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:31:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's what I was wondering. I'll trim that shit down so I don't have to do it for a while. iDGAF what people think
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Problem solved.

THIS!
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That's what I was wondering. I'll trim that shit down so I don't have to do it for a while. iDGAF what people think
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keeping it on the longer side chokes out weeds and gives the grass a better root structure making it more drought resistant.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:35:58 AM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#39]
ITT: GD'ers fail to:

recognize that there are different grass types.
understand what the word "client" means.
see why starting a lawn job at 9pm could be a dick move.
read beyond the title.
look at the picture.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:38:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Lol those people don't deserve the business.
4 inches? I'll put 4 inches of foot in your ass.
-Red from that 70's show.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:38:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Agreed.  Especially if client paid good money for lawncare and OP jacked it up with his dull blades.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol....I have a brand new (well, used 3 times now) mower.  My blades aren't dull.

This is the "disputed territory"

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:41:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Wait until the lawn guys show up next time. Roll out in your tightey-whiteys and yell, "I GOT YOUR 4 INCHES RIGHT HERE!!!"
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:42:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you have awesome, healthy grass, it looks best at 3.5-4" and it chokes out the weeds as they prefer hot soil.  Longer grass shades and cools the soil so no weeds can grow.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Lol....I have a brand new (well, used 3 times now) mower.  My blades aren't dull.

<a href="http://s198.photobucket.com/user/evo4620/media/20160523_092612_zps7ku5txtm.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa309/evo4620/20160523_092612_zps7ku5txtm.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s198.photobucket.com/user/evo4620/media/20160523_092612_zps7ku5txtm.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa309/evo4620/20160523_092612_zps7ku5txtm.jpg</a>

What's the saying about fences and neighbors?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Drop yours to the lowest setting, and make one crooked half assed pass right down the demising line.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:45:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no problem with my neighbor, she's never been anything other than nice.  This is between me and her lawn service.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:46:42 AM EDT
[#47]
nice.  post the follow up!
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#48]
I have a neighbor with pretty much the same scenario you describe OP.  Great guy and great neighbor, just not a yard guy.  I mow his sometimes just to help him out and keep the city off his ass.  He is far from considering me encroaching on his private property.  He appreciates the help and it promotes harmony in the hood.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:47:09 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

U would be doing the crew a favor. Most services charge a flat rate/ contract. They get paid monthly. If you cut it, they won't have too.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That does look shitty.
Looks like someone drove on it and bent the grass.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top