Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
U would be doing the crew a favor. Most services charge a flat rate/ contract. They get paid monthly. If you cut it, they won't have too.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of all of the stupid, inconsequential things to worry about....  Is that guy retired/older?

It's a lawn crew that cuts her yard.  That's why I think it'd be funny to just offer to cut her yard for free so they lose the business.  I have a 33" walk behind and it would take me like 10 extra mins.
U would be doing the crew a favor. Most services charge a flat rate/ contract. They get paid monthly. If you cut it, they won't have too.  

Except she can cancel the service.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I was thinking about offering to mow her yard for free as the biggest fuck you of all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mow the words "Fuck you" into their yard.

Problem solved.

I was thinking about offering to mow her yard for free as the biggest fuck you of all.

I think this is a clever approach. He wouldn't see it coming. Imagine the look on his face....."we won't be needing your services, as my neighbor said he'd mow for free."    

It'd be similar to this.      
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:50:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That does look shitty.
Looks like someone drove on it and bent the grass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would you say something about them mowing at 9pm?  No different than assholes that mow at 9am

you mowed her yard, your fault.  I wouldn't say anything if you did it to my yard but some people take that shit seriously.
Agreed.  Especially if client paid good money for lawncare and OP jacked it up with his dull blades.  

Lol....I have a brand new (well, used 3 times now) mower.  My blades aren't dull.

This is the "disputed territory"

<a href="http://s198.photobucket.com/user/evo4620/media/20160523_092612_zps7ku5txtm.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa309/evo4620/20160523_092612_zps7ku5txtm.jpg</a>

That does look shitty.

That would be the "lawn service".
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
4 inches? Who the heck cuts a yard at 4 inches? Might as well not even mow it
View Quote

People who have grass that isnt shitty and full of weeds
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:51:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Problem solved.

This.  If it is not much more trouble for you I'd do it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would you say something about them mowing at 9pm?  No different than assholes that mow at 9am

you mowed her yard, your fault.  I wouldn't say anything if you did it to my yard but some people take that shit seriously.
Agreed.  Especially if client paid good money for lawncare and OP jacked it up with his dull blades.  

Lol....I have a brand new (well, used 3 times now) mower.  My blades aren't dull.

<a href="http://s198.photobucket.com/user/evo4620/media/20160523_092612_zps7ku5txtm.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa309/evo4620/20160523_092612_zps7ku5txtm.jpg</a>

That does look shitty.

Did they park in her yard?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:53:13 AM EDT
[#7]
No, but the mower is huge.  I assume you're referring to the bottom left side of the pic.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:53:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Simple, get yourself a land survey and do one of two things, either build a nice fence or have a stake line run to show exactly where the property line is.

I do this quite a bit at work and there is always someone who wants to be a cocksucker about it and pull up the stakes. But the best part is when the find out they have to pay to put them back in (assuming you can prove they did it of course)
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It's a lawn crew that cuts her yard.  That's why I think it'd be funny to just offer to cut her yard for free so they lose the business.  I have a 33" walk behind and it would take me like 10 extra mins.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Of all of the stupid, inconsequential things to worry about....  Is that guy retired/older?

It would be worth the 10 mins just to sit there when they come by.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wait until the lawn guys show up next time. Roll out in your tightey-whiteys and yell, "I GOT YOUR 4 INCHES RIGHT HERE!!!"
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:55:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No, but the mower is huge.  I assume you're referring to the bottom left side of the pic.
View Quote

The whole left side looks bad.
I guess they ran a zero turn and the grass was too wet.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:55:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Problem solved.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:55:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

A guy that wants frequent,  repeat business.

I'd mess with his head and have some fun.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#14]
The man has a job to do on someone else's property.  He has attention to detail and wants to make sure his customer is getting what she's paying for and you're fucking it up by not staying on your own property.

How's he the dick?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:58:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that's "their" side.  It's been pretty dry here though.  And neither of our yards are golf course quality either.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The man has a job to do on someone else's property.  He has attention to detail and wants to make sure his customer is getting what she's paying for and you're fucking it up by not staying on your own property.

How's he the dick?
View Quote

So it's just "assumed" everything this guy says is true.  Got it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:59:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Some people are mighty particular about their lawn.

I was at a pool party at a friend's house and she had two managers and a bunch of employees from one of the big lawn care companies crawling in her mulch beds. They had used a blower to remove the grass clippings from the walkways, but the clippings were blown into the mulch. I will give those guys credit. They got all the clippings out. Took them at least three hours.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yeah, that's "their" side.  It's been pretty dry here though.  And neither of our yards are golf course quality either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They need to sharpen the blades.
Your side looks a lot better.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:02:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Am I the only one surprised it was written in English?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:07:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Am I the only one surprised it was written in English?
View Quote

Most of the commercial crews around here are Hispanic but residential small business types usually arent.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#21]
I hate cutting the grass so I wouldn't give a fuck about the note.

If it bothers you I like the offer to cut neighbors yard for free.  Sounds crazy to me but I can admire crazy.

Sound like lawn crew cares enough to want to do a great not just a good job. What are his options knock on door or leave note.
I would rather him leave a note.

If he came to my door I would asked him to cut my lawn for super cheap just so I wasn't fucking his mind up.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Cut your lawn in a penis pattern pointing towards the anal retentive neighbor.
View Quote

Just cut frank and berries into the neighbors lawn.
My neighbor down the road has a landscaper with a sense of humor.
\
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:14:11 AM EDT
[#23]

It was written in English.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Spell correct "Propper" and return the note.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:17:04 AM EDT
[#25]
I had an asshole neighbor one time that got mad I was "shooting grass clippings into his yard" even though I made 2-3 48" passes blowing the grass into my yard before I turned around to go the other way.

He still bitched, so I just stopped cutting the last 6 feet of my lawn.  For an entire summer.  He couldn't come onto my property to cut it (I reminded him not to come onto my lawn in our last conversation) even though it drove him nuts because he was a yard nazi.

So instead of being a decent person and working it out he had to stare at a giant mosquito infested weed wall for a summer.  The next year I kept it cut and never heard a fucking word from him again.    
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:17:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

-10 points each for inappropriate use of quotation marks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm impressed, not one misspelled word and very legible handwriting. I doubt many of the lawn service guys in my area could pull that off, most of them can't speak English.

-10 points each for inappropriate use of quotation marks.

-10 for misspelling propper
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:18:40 AM EDT
[#27]
OP, how about sharpening those blades
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

My lawn guys are as white as I am, save for the fact that they get some color from the sun instead of LCD panels like I do.

The dudes that run the trimmer usually have neck tats and I'm reasonably certain they've got a bag of meth in the left hip pocket, but they're Eddie Haskell white just the same.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:21:45 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa309/evo4620/20160523_092612_zps7ku5txtm.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa309/evo4620/20160523_092612_zps7ku5txtm.jpg
I got nothin.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:23:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I got nothin.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got nothin.  

Please, point out the blatant lawn sacrilege that I have bestowed upon my poor neighbor.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:26:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Mow Spray Round-Up and spell the words "Fuck you" into their yard.

Problem solved.
View Quote

fixed for clandestine, middle of the night undetected mission....
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:26:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Why does a sharp blade matter so much?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:27:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

My lawn guys are as white as I am, save for the fact that they get some color from the sun instead of LCD panels like I do.

The dudes that run the trimmer usually have neck tats and I'm reasonably certain they've got a bag of meth in the left hip pocket, but they're Eddie Haskell white just the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No Ragrets!
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:28:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Why does a sharp blade matter so much?
View Quote

Among other things, it can screw up the tip of the grass and change the way the yard looks.  I'm pretty impressed he was able to diagnose both a dull blade and a low cut height in the dark.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:33:14 AM EDT
[#35]
OP, why not go over to your neighbor, and show her that note?
Ask her if there is a problem, and state that "if there is, I will help you out".

She may not know, or even care about what her lawn service has to say on this issue!
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:37:30 AM EDT
[#36]
I used to cut the lawn next door, for like three years, as it was basically abandoned.  Every time I mowed mine I did the one next door just so it didn't look like shit.  Then the house was bought from the bank and the owners hired someone but they only came once a month.... and damned if I was going to do it for free when someone else was being paid.  Thing always looked like shit after that.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#37]

step 1:  spray paint a 2-ft. wide line on your side, up to the property line, running the entire length of the abutment of properties.

step 2:  post "NO TRESPASSING" signs every 6 feet or so along the painted line.

step 3:  sit on porch with rock salt-loaded shotgun and wait for transgressions into/across your DMZ.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Write back, "Actually, you morons have been cutting into my yard.  Please stop."
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#39]
An extra 10 minutes to mow her grass?

There is no question but that is the course of action to take. Offer to mow it for nothing.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:51:41 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Some grasses need to be cut long for proper growth and sun/root protection.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

4" is "LONG" ????
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:52:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

4" is "LONG" ????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

4" is "LONG" ????

6" is average...
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I have no problem with my neighbor, she's never been anything other than nice.  This is between me and her lawn service.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the saying about fences and neighbors?

I have no problem with my neighbor, she's never been anything other than nice.  This is between me and her lawn service.

It should be up to her to be a good neighbor deal with her lawn service provider. Both the rude note and the inconsiderate time of service.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:54:46 AM EDT
[#43]
stop cutting the neighbor's grass
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:57:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

6" is average...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

4" is "LONG" ????

6" is average...

4", 6" for lawn???
I guess that that length is ok, if you own a cow, or other livestock that will be eating it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:59:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
stop cutting the neighbor's grass
View Quote

I didn't, smart guy
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:59:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
lol
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 12:02:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Nah...Too destructive, too noisey.  Fertilize the words "FUCK YOU!" in their lawn.  Comes up nice and green.

I may or may not have done something similar to our "enemy" high school as a young man a couple of weeks before homecoming.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Problem solved.

Quoted:
Better?  

A cheap 1-gallon plastic sprayer.  

Add about 3 oz. RoundUp or equivalent herbicide and top-off with water,.  

Practice a  bit of penmanship on the yard.  

Post pics.  

Quoted:
Nah, kill the grass and make sure it spells "fuck you."

Nah...Too destructive, too noisey.  Fertilize the words "FUCK YOU!" in their lawn.  Comes up nice and green.

I may or may not have done something similar to our "enemy" high school as a young man a couple of weeks before homecoming.

I love this place!
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 12:02:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

6" is average...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

4" is "LONG" ????

6" is average...

I don't think so. How about a source for that claim?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Problem solved.

If that wouldn't add a lot of time to your own yard day, that would be the best f~k you ever.

ETA: You said she is a nice lady, so she would probably reciprocate in some nice ways.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 12:05:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Hell yes, turf war.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top