Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Clinton, you mean.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How many of you remember the 92 debates between Perot and Gore??

Gore was saying NAFTA would bring the worlds wages up to our level,while Perot was saying they would bring ours down,along with the giant sucking sound of jobs leaving the country.

"No one could have seen this coming"

Clinton, you mean.  
He means Cruz who supports NAFTA, TPP and 500,000 H1B visas for US "job growth".

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 1:54:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I agree.  A min. wage tells the business what it has to pay you not what the market should pay you.

Get rid of min. wage and see how many jobs offer more money because they have to in order to employ people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There shouldnt be any minimum wage.  If the market commands a certain hourly wage then it's capitalism.  Look at singapore - they dont have a minmum wage.  All their service sector McJobs consist of elderly and teens.  Able bodied adults have to work on their skills and get a job that supports their families.  None of this lazy FSA work 20 hours a week and get gov aid BS

I agree.  A min. wage tells the business what it has to pay you not what the market should pay you.

Get rid of min. wage and see how many jobs offer more money because they have to in order to employ people.

That works as long as we aren't importing blue collar workers and offering them amnesty.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 1:54:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the only way your company can remain profitable is to pay your workers $5.85/hr, then maybe it's time to reexamine your shitty business model.

I wonder if info was left out of the article, and a proper 'quote' would be:

We can only be profitable if we pay workers $5.85/hr, because on top of that, we're paying $12 to $15 per hour in regulatory fees, taxes, union benefit fund payments, not to mention the extra administrative expenses for all that paperwork........,
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 1:55:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He means Cruz who supports NAFTA, TPP and 500,000 H1B visas for US "job growth".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many of you remember the 92 debates between Perot and Gore??

Gore was saying NAFTA would bring the worlds wages up to our level,while Perot was saying they would bring ours down,along with the giant sucking sound of jobs leaving the country.

"No one could have seen this coming"

Clinton, you mean.  

that too  
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Didn't read the cite but I'll be it was the union who released the "quote".
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 1:59:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the only way your company can remain profitable is to pay your workers $5.85/hr, then maybe it's time to reexamine your shitty business model.

And to completely ignore the entire "hey we're getting buttfucked by insane regulation and taxation" and lay the entire blame in the laps of the employees is fucking asinine.

Who the fuck is running this joint?

ETA: I fell for it. LoL Fuck unions.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In before weird angry arfcom guys say that $5.85 is a perfectly fine wage.
View Quote

since quite a few live in their mom's basement....they don't have rent or a house payment

they are golden at $5.85 an hour
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Free Trade bro.... we should in no way prevent China from exporting their slave wage built shit boxes to the US.

Bring back tariffs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Free Trade bro.... we should in no way prevent China from exporting their slave wage built shit boxes to the US.

Bring back tariffs.

I hear ya! And fucking let's pull our fucking military out from every fucking place. We protect these companies shipping lanes and security leaving our country, fuck the world.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:00:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Holy Shit! $23.00 an hour in Ohio? WTF, everyone must be driving Escalades and eating lobster.
View Quote

I know right, balling like mother fuckers.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Looks like the union is just trying to cause problems...

lol...Fuck unions..you get what you deserve.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

"We are disappointed the union has apparently chosen to negotiate through the media, rather than engage in productive discussions with us. The company never suggested our employees should work for $5.85. The union was told that to achieve the $65 million in annual savings resulting from the relocation, the average hourly wage rate would need to be $5.85 per hour. That is not possible and shows why the company believes the union cannot offer concessions sufficient to change the company's intent to relocate. That’s why it’s time for the union to return to the table to talk about what’s important now, reaching an agreement that provides clarity and certainty for our employees during the transition."

Unions always kills businesses in the end.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:01:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Cartel?  Yeah you're right...unions are indeed cartels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/call-6-carrier-said-it-might-stay-if-workers-cut-their-pay-to-585-an-hour

Call 6 Investigates found out that during those talks Carrier apparently told the union they could possibly stay if the workers agreed to cut their pay from about $23 an hour to $5.85 an hour.
Carrier is supposed to save about $65 million a year when it moves to Mexico in 2017.
that's poorly considered, by Carrier.  It's a slap in the face.  Who the fuck thought of this?  

The union is the one who released the "quote".

The union is the ones who are causing the problems.  Fuck them.

Says the beneficiary of cartel labor policies.

Cartel?  Yeah you're right...unions are indeed cartels.

As is the .mil.

My point.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:02:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"We are disappointed the union has apparently chosen to negotiate through the media, rather than engage in productive discussions with us. The company never suggested our employees should work for $5.85. The union was told that to achieve the $65 million in annual savings resulting from the relocation, the average hourly wage rate would need to be $5.85 per hour. That is not possible and shows why the company believes the union cannot offer concessions sufficient to change the company's intent to relocate. That’s why it’s time for the union to return to the table to talk about what’s important now, reaching an agreement that provides clarity and certainty for our employees during the transition."

Another cartel laborist speaks.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:03:27 PM EDT
[#14]
This is what the future looks like.  Automation is going to be the death of civilization.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:05:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Don't buy anything they built after Feb 10, 2016, there may be some defects not good for your house.

Just sayin'
View Quote
Post facts or you're just talking out of your ass.  

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:08:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Hmm.  Buy a possibly sabotaged product built by a union thug or a product built by a mexican making a decent wage in his country.

I'm really torn up about this move to mexico.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't buy anything they built after Feb 10, 2016, there may be some defects not good for your house.

Just sayin'

Hmm.  Buy a possibly sabotaged product built by a union thug or a product built by a mexican making a decent wage in his country.

After Feb 10, you get the disgruntled worker that may be sabotaging the product.  Then later on, you get the inexperienced worker, new process, and unproven equipment.  

Not seeing an upside to buying anything built after the announcement was made to move.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Who the fuck would authorize this statement? On what planet would this sort of statement garner support for the company? They need to fire their PR rep.

View Quote

Yep, all the more reason to never buy a Carrier. I believe Trane is still made in the US.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This is what the future looks like.  Automation is going to be the death of civilization.
View Quote

Naw man,it's gonna be great.We will all just hang out in our colorful robes and recite poetry and shit all day.

Freedom from work and all your responsibilities will be taken care of by the gov.
'
It'll be groovy.........
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

The only way 5.85 is ok is if you are importing illiterate animals from 3rd world countries.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:12:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or move to mexico
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:23:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just wait until it's your job.
View Quote

Have useful skills and keep obtaining lifelong education/skills and you will find another. Just coast through life without continuing education/skill building and you have no one to blame but yourself.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:26:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Union propoganda.  And its working just as intended.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:28:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/call-6-carrier-said-it-might-stay-if-workers-cut-their-pay-to-585-an-hour

Call 6 Investigates found out that during those talks Carrier apparently told the union they could possibly stay if the workers agreed to cut their pay from about $23 an hour to $5.85 an hour.
Carrier is supposed to save about $65 million a year when it moves to Mexico in 2017.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Perhaps their business model has become shitty due to government's over regulation of everything.  I wonder what payroll taxes the company pays for their $23/hour workers....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps their business model has become shitty due to government's over regulation of everything.  I wonder what payroll taxes the company pays for their $23/hour workers....

About another $5/hr plus another 50 cents an hour for comp insurance and stuff assuming a regular 40 hours a week.  This doesn't include medical benefits, 401k matching or anything else.  This translates to an additional 13k a year per employee per year, or about 19.5 million annually.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:32:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Rheem does have a plant in Mexico.

I know because I handle the warranty side of replacing the shit parts from Mexico
View Quote

Oh I know, I was at their plant in Nuevo Laredo not too long ago.

Too many companies see the labor rates in MX and think it's just that easy to move there and everything will be fine.  That's rarely the case.  

That average labor rate, cited for the Union labor is too high.  But the company never should have made the concessions which brought them there in the first place.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:33:47 PM EDT
[#26]
This is why I have come to believe in tariffs.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:34:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Their company their choice.
View Quote

As citizens we do not have to allow their products into the US or to do so without significant tariffs and inspection periods.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:36:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you enjoy paying dues to gargle union boss balls?  

The rest of the public doesn't like the higher prices for lower quality goods and services that union labor provides.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:37:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

they work great for mexico and china.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:37:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Brutal fact about artificial minimum wages, you can always find cheaper labor somewhere else.
View Quote

Brutal fact, you do not have to allow their company to import products. Or have access to the IM EX Bank.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:41:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

He's right about the rest though.

Minimum wage jobs are there to give you experience and move on,not raise a family on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There shouldnt be any minimum wage.  If the market commands a certain hourly wage then it's capitalism.  Look at singapore - they dont have a minmum wage.  All their service sector McJobs consist of elderly and teens.  Able bodied adults have to work on their skills and get a job that supports their families.  None of this lazy FSA work 20 hours a week and get gov aid BS
Singapore is pretty fascist and not exactly the beacon of economic or personal freedom I'd want to emulate.  

He's right about the rest though.

Minimum wage jobs are there to give you experience and move on,not raise a family on.

No actually argues that point except for the Democrats.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sayin'

When your taxes go up to support medicaid, food stamps, and welfare of those who formerly had jobs, get back to us.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:42:41 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

I believe that is what the labor will cost in Mexico and they are being smart asses about it. A tariff would

wipe that smile off their face.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:43:00 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:45:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tariffs are the reason why Toyota started building trucks in the US. Because they did not want to pay the tax on importing their vehicles. GM makes their vehicle parts and some vehicles in Mexico because NAFTA eliminated most of the tariffs on imports into the US.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

We can only be profitable if we pay workers $5.85/hr, because on top of that, we're paying $12 to $15 per hour in regulatory fees, taxes, union benefit fund payments, not to mention the extra administrative expenses for all that paperwork........,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://tacna.net/mexico-vs-china/

This explains why Mexico and not China.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I believe that is what the labor will cost in Mexico and they are being smart asses about it. A tariff would

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Costs of moving, finance, compliance and labor issues, benefits (pantry bonus, attendance bonus, profit sharing bonus, Infonavit, Securidad Social, on and on) will wipe the smile off their face anyway.  And then the theft, fictitious employees, fictitious vendors, random SAT audits, Annex 24 compliance, IMMEX certification, floating IVA (VAT tax) until they're certified and so forth will make them pine for the days of US labor.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:48:00 PM EDT
[#38]
So building A/C units is the same or easier than flipping burger? Got it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Costs of moving, finance, compliance and labor issues, benefits (pantry bonus, attendance bonus, profit sharing bonus, Infonavit, Securidad Social, on and on) will wipe the smile off their face anyway.  And then the theft, fictitious employees, fictitious vendors, random SAT audits, Annex 24 compliance, IMMEX certification and so forth will make them pine for the days of US labor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Costs of moving, finance, compliance and labor issues, benefits (pantry bonus, attendance bonus, profit sharing bonus, Infonavit, Securidad Social, on and on) will wipe the smile off their face anyway.  And then the theft, fictitious employees, fictitious vendors, random SAT audits, Annex 24 compliance, IMMEX certification and so forth will make them pine for the days of US labor.

And I will be in the market for a new unit in the next few years. Won't be a carrier.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:48:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not weird, I'm not angry, I own a business that employs people.  My lowest paid employee makes over $30k a year.

I still believe that $5.85 is a perfectly fine wage.

Explain to me why it's not.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

And I will be in the market for a new unit in the next few years. Won't be a carrier.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably a wise decision.  Quality WILL suffer.  WILL.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:49:53 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote

Or move your company somewhere that doesn't have the tax burdens and labor costs of the US. You know, because they're competing against companies who don't have those costs
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Have useful skills and keep obtaining lifelong education/skills and you will find another. Just coast through life without continuing education/skill building and you have no one to blame but yourself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, pretty much this.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tariffs are the only way, period.  You'll get a bunch of guys comolaining about what they'll pay for their steel and aluminum, but there is really no down side to it.  

These short sighted people don't realize that their market is already overcrowded with Chinese junk, possibly from their own intellectual property.  These short sighted people can't see that we have the ultimate trade bargaining chip - food.  Entire countries would starve to death of not for U.S. agriculture.  These short sighted people don't realize that we don't need Chinese toys, Mexican batteries and Saudi oil.  We don't need Tiwanese clothing or linen, or Vietnamese shoes.  

However, people will still buy the $100 pair of Nike's that cost $3 to make and a few more to ship per unit.  Eventually there will be no money left to have a need for dishwashers, waitresses, and Wal-Mart greeters because we exported it all for shitty, cheap steel, throw away plastic junk and to buy technologies we invented here.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:06:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can the mexican factory worker afford a home.....one with A/C?

I guess the theory is that certain advantages will eventually disappear and manufacturing will mostly be local.....by robots...for?????

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:06:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

They did re-examine their business model.  

That's why they're moving to Mexico.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Who the fuck would authorize this statement? On what planet would this sort of statement garner support for the company? They need to fire their PR rep.

View Quote
Agreed. This is a PR nightmare.

Carrier moving this plant to Mexico is already bigger news than Carrier ever would have wanted it to be. They will lose business over it already.

Now this? Just gas on the fire.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:08:56 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

So building A/C units is the same or easier than flipping burger? Got it.
View Quote

I take it that you've never worked on an assembly line
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:13:13 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote

Some people have jobs that can not be automated or shipped overseas. If you have one that does, it's the chance you take. Or you could just sit around and blame capitalism for not getting paid the $20 hour you think you are worth.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Just pushes more to Trump.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What fucking retard would even suggest something so fucking stupid?
It's honestly just a fuck you to all of the people they will be firing.

Just pushes more to Trump.

Who has some of his manufacturing overseas
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top