Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 16
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:30:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I purposely don't buy ammo from them because of that stupid fucking requirement.

Never understood making customers jump through hoops for something that isn't necessary by law.
View Quote

This. No one else requires it, why do they? Stupid.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:30:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You can't be that dense, can you? If they only worried about you, and not themselves, they wouldn't be in business.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Motherless f*%#*s, how do they let this crap happen

Aim is off my shopping list

It could happen to anyone. They can only do so much.

They should never asked for ID's for one, but they S*#%k government C*#*k worried about themselves and not the consumer.

You can't be that dense, can you? If they only worried about you, and not themselves, they wouldn't be in business.

you got some brown stuff on your nose
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Been a long time since I purchased ammo from them. I haven't gotten an email yet, so I'm hoping they purge DLs every few years.
View Quote

I hope so but I doubt it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ok, Bob.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:31:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Been a long time since I purchased ammo from them. I haven't gotten an email yet, so I'm hoping they purge DLs every few years.

I haven't bought ammo from them since 2012.  I still got the letter
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:32:26 PM EDT
[#7]
And here I was thinking ah cool letter from AIM maybe it's a coupon. Nope this.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:32:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I got the letter today also.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:33:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://s32.postimg.org/h4ps8h4gl/IMG_20160429_162453410.jpg
View Quote

That's it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I highly recommend freezing your credit on all 3 credit bureaus.

My state its free with no charge,can save a shit load of grief,only takes a few minutes
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm done with them b/c of this. This is piss poor business management/operations
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#12]
My letter came today.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:37:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I check my scores/Credit report through Credit Karma and CHASE(Have a card through them)

I've not noticed any issues "Knock on wood."

Anything else I should do just in case?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:37:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:38:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Ok, Bob.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, Bob.

Because every other ammo place requires ID, get the F out of here with sucking Aim @ss
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:40:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I check my scores/Credit report through Credit Karma and CHASE(Have a card through them)

View Quote

Freeze your credit.

By the time your new monthly credit score shows up it could be too late.

I froze mine last month,very easy to do.Just dont lose the PIN # they give you
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Meh. Sites get hacked now and then, it happens. I don't like that I had to send a copy of my DL, but oh well.
I'm more annoyed that my debit card got locked two days ago for at least the 6th or 7th time for fraud.

I'll keep ordering from AIM, but I usually get better deals at SGAmmo for ammunition now.

ETA: I love how quickly attitudes change Suddenly Aim is Public Enemy #1, even though they've been held in very high regard for as long as I can remember here.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:41:26 PM EDT
[#18]
That site always looked shady as hell
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Meh. Sites get hacked now and then, it happens. I don't like that I had to send a copy of my DL, but oh well.

I'm more annoyed that my debit card got locked two days ago for at least the 6th or 7th time for fraud.
View Quote

I'm just not sure what they're going to gain...  Home address is public information if someone really wants to look.

Drivers license # maybe?  I never use it for anything though. I don't know...  

Back in the day of social security # being on drivers license, I could see being an issue.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:43:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Im wondering if someone that worked there got the access,makes you wonder how it got stolen
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:43:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Because every other ammo place requires ID, get the F out of here with sucking Aim @ss
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, Bob.

It's ok to curse here Bob, tell me how you really feel. Did mommy not give you enough love today? You seem way too worked up.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#22]
I use a card I only used for online purchases. I only bought from Harbor Freight and Apex and my card's info was stolen and used in Cali 3 times. No idea which one it was that was hacked. I haven't bought from Aim for while and never with this card...just thought it was worth mentioning to others as well.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:43:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Great.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:45:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I haven't uploaded an ID in a few years.   The one I did has since expired and my info has changed.  I have Lifelock so I will watch that.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:46:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That's it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://s32.postimg.org/h4ps8h4gl/IMG_20160429_162453410.jpg

That's it.

That and ways to protect yourself from credit fraud.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:46:09 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Freeze your credit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Freeze your credit.

How do I do that? Can I call my cc company?

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:46:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Yup,

Got my letter today.    

Not happy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#28]
[removed and timeout issued - Paul]
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:47:09 PM EDT
[#29]
So I just got off the phone with someone at AIM....By law they are required to keep your information on file if your purchase a firearm.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:47:18 PM EDT
[#30]
I deleted my DL from there awhile ago.  Do you think I'm safe?

Only been buying from sgammo since then
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:48:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I purposely don't buy ammo from them because of that stupid fucking requirement.

Never understood making customers jump through hoops for something that isn't necessary by law.
View Quote

Amen.

I spend many thousands of dollars each year on ammo, parts, supplies, and accessories; with companies who don't expect me to supply them with more personal information than the law requires in order to make a purchase from them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:50:01 PM EDT
[#32]
This is why I do not like it when private companies ask for more private information than they need to do their job.

Thankfully I haven't purchased anything form them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:52:41 PM EDT
[#33]
To those of you suggesting credit reports, I ask this: If drivers licenses were the only thing compromised then how is credit going to be affected?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:54:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So I just got off the phone with someone at AIM....By law they are required to keep your information on file if your purchase a firearm.
View Quote

I'm not even going to ask why others don't seem to keep that "by law" but did you ask why they don't keep it off line? Paper? External hard drives? Just keep that the customer complied in the main system?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freeze your credit.

No,you need to sign up with all 3 credit bureaus on your own.Be aware that most states charge a fee,some dont.

Here are the direct links to each of the 3 credit bureaus.DO NOT lose the PIN# that you create or they give you

https://freeze.transunion.com/sf/securityFreeze/landingPage.jsp
https://www.experian.com/freeze/center.html
https://www.freeze.equifax.com/Freeze/jsp/SFF_PersonalIDInfo.jsp

Also read this thread for more tips and info

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1847535__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Freeze_your_credit_people_.html&page=1
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:56:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Maybe this should teach them not to require the ID in the first place.

Fucking hell, of all the things to have compromised. Fucking hell.

Fucking hell.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Who didn't see that coming.

Even though I've wanted to, it has been the primary reason I've never ordered ammo from AIM. Just too much ID theft out there, why make it easier for the theives. Unless required by their state law they should drop that requirement and use some type of electronic sign off for age verification/affirmation  when customers make ammo purchases. I believe that's what SG, PSA, and others do.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:00:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
To those of you suggesting credit reports, I ask this: If drivers licenses were the only thing compromised then how is credit going to be affected?
View Quote

I have your name, your DOB, your address, and your DL number. More than enough to get credit. There are enough search engines/companies to get me your social.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:00:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Well shit ..... Won't be ordering from them again

I now have had a CC and now my damn DL compromised from AIM
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I have your name, your DOB, your address, and your DL number. More than enough to get credit. There are enough search engines/companies to get me your social.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I just spoke with CHASE which is where my main card is through. They need a lot more then just what is on your DL.  What he said was just keep an eye on my report and if any issues come up

BTW based on my phone call with AIM they've lost my business....They couldn't care less.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I'm not even going to ask why others don't seem to keep that "by law" but did you ask why they don't keep it off line? Paper? External hard drives? Just keep that the customer complied in the main system?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

She had no interest in talking to me based on how she acted.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I just spoke with CHASE which is where my main card is through. They need a lot more then just what is on your DL.  What he said was just keep an eye on my report and if any issues come up    

BTW based on my phone call with AIM they've lost my business....They couldn't care less.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, Chase does and so do the other big banks. But I can get a Wal-mart card, Victoria's Secret, and a Montgomery Ward with that info.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:07:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah they are full of shit.  No law requiring keeping a drivers license on file to buy ammo or guns.  Just an FFL for the latter
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not arguing it's bad, but just curious.

If you have someone's name... It's not hard to find DOB and home address.  Mostly due to the fact of google, social media, and your auditor's website.  

Driver's license number... the only thing I've ever included that on was taxes.  Which, I do believe is optional for tax, only for state taxes.  I've never had a credit card or anything like that ask me for a drivers license number. Only thing I've ever included it on beyond that, is major checks....  Which, again is for state identification.

I guess in theory, someone could print fake bank checks, with your name and address on them, drivers license on them then bounce it.  But at the same time, most places would also accept it with a fake drivers license number...

Who knows. I'm mostly of the opinion if someone's going to get my info, they will one way or another. It's online, somewhere, some how.  But, I track my credit score monthly and have fraud alerts via my bank and my main investment company.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Aw man, again??
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#46]
This is just great!    Off to start checking all my credit accts.  How do you remove your license from their site?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Got my letter today also. Luckily it's been a few years ago when I bought and I moved since then

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:13:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Glad I only buy mags from them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This is just great!    Off to start checking all my credit accts.  How do you remove your license from their site?
View Quote

Its already gone off the website.

Used to be you could delete it now it doesnt exist on the site when i log in.

My guess is AIM removed them once the breach was found,too late now anyways
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:14:41 PM EDT
[#50]
This is why its a retarded idea to require documentation that small companies cannot adequately protect.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top