[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In before the title change.
View Quote

yep
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 11:58:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Paid just shy of 30k a few years ago for a new rubicon. Factory order. Shouldn't be 40k unless it's decked out with all the soccer mom features.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:02:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Buy a TJ or YJ, Ive never seen so many poser strokes wannabe off road douchebags driving these POS. Oversized shitboxes with a real douche community of drivers in those JKs. The typical driver has some poser black off road looking rims and a cheap ass suspension, maybe even a winch thats brand new and never used to complete the look of total pussified dick smoker. These people make me sick, dice their balls off.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjq-77v4r3KAhWEnIMKHZJPCW4QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.streetfire.net%2Frides%2F2000-jeep-wrangler-sport_1047612.htm&bvm=bv.112454388,d.amc&psig=AFQjCNEDNFyROGKeXBiHIp1fLsbg3ytBNA&ust=1453564169543810
View Quote

This guy gets it!  Just like all those poser ar15 owners with their wannabe slings and some people even buy pmags for them!!!  What do they think they are tier 1 operators in the mountains of Afghanistan?  What a bunch of posers using stuff for personal enjoyment!!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:02:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Only Jeep owners buy a 60K vehicle for the purpose of destroying.
View Quote

12k thank you very much...

There are a few people in the club that go along with what you are saying though.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#6]
My 2014 JKUR was right at 40K.  It could have been less, but I ordered side airbags the dual top group, and an automatic transmission.  It is a heck of a lot of fun in the backcountry.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:02:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Got ours for 36K.

Remove ridiculous options that have no effect on performance. (Do get the better soft top though and all performance enhancing options)

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:02:52 PM EDT
[#8]
First 3 posts nailed it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

because even stock they can do cool shit like this

http://youtu.be/9JVLQuiBbjs
View Quote
That guy was lucky he did not destroy an engine...
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:07:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Cause every rich soccer mom out there buys it to haul around their crotch fruit. Thus making the price go up.
View Quote
Curious where you live.   All the soccer moms around here drive Tahoes and Suburbans....NEVER see a Rubicon at the Y.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

FIFY

My buddy is a Jeep dealer, he said they sign more 8 year loans than anything else now. Leases, of course, are very common.

Gee, how did we get into a financial mess in this country?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because people buy them on a 96 month note at that price...

Is it worth that to me? Nope!

FIFY

My buddy is a Jeep dealer, he said they sign more 8 year loans than anything else now. Leases, of course, are very common.

An 8 year loan for a vehicle is absurd.

An 8 year loan for a vehicle with a 3 year warranty is fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:13:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Paid $21,000 for my 2012 Sport back in late 2013. I bought a Rubi junk yard Dana 44 front axle for $800 and had it and the rear axle re-geared and a Eaton - Truetrac installed for $1500. $2300 bucks total.  I don't need leather, power windows and a sticker where I drive my Jeep.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:13:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Paid $21,000 for my 2012 Sport back in late 2013. I bought a Rubi junk yard Dana 44 front axle for $800 and had it and the rear axle re-geared and a Eaton - Truetrac installed for $1500. $2300 bucks total.  I don't need leather, power windows and a sticker where I drive my Jeep.
View Quote

I hate you...
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:14:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

What the fuck is with that front grill flapping around like it is zip-tied on?
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:14:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I really like my Willys JKU I bought last year.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:15:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I hate you...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate you...

Gotta get on em quick! Haha!.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:15:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

FIFY

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY

Eight year loans now!  
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Paid just shy of 30k a few years ago for a new rubicon. Factory order. Shouldn't be 40k unless it's decked out with all the soccer mom features.
View Quote
Where are all the soccer moms driving Rubicons....
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:17:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Eight year loans now!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY

Eight year loans now!  

Interested in knowing what rate too. Last year I stupidly signed up for a seven year loan @ 1.9%. I financed 16k and have it knocked down to about 10k right now. Should be able to pay it off within two years here.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:19:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Do you really need the Rubicon?  Stock Wrangler with the factory rear LSD is very capable off road and very poor surfaces. I would consider the LSD to be a requirement,  I don't like that Chrysler even offers the Wrangler with an open rear.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:19:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Last year bought a 2012 used Rubicon. Love. Yes all the TJ owners will hate you cause your stock Jeep goes just as good as their TR with $10,000 into it.

It have been out many time to fairly hard trails with 2 adults, 3 kids and a dog. Fit that in you TJ. :)  Has the pin strips to prove it.

Just put a 3 1/2" Metalcloak lift on it.

I will admit Jeep did one thing wrong. You can not turn the ESP totally off. It won't spin tires in the mud.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

yep
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:23:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Do you really need the Rubicon?  Stock Wrangler with the factory rear LSD is very capable off road and very poor surfaces. I would consider the LSD to be a requirement,  I don't like that Chrysler even offers the Wrangler with an open rear.
View Quote

I think it all depends on what you plan to do with your Jeep.  I live in the mountains where rocks need climbing.  The Rubicon has a better rear axle, more armor, lockers, and a sway bar disconnect.

EDIT:
In regards to your comments on LSD and open diffs.  Linky
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Buy an old YJ and build a real Jeep. You can build a bulletproof rig for a lot cheaper than you can buy one.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:32:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This guy gets it!  Just like all those poser ar15 owners with their wannabe slings and some people even buy pmags for them!!!  What do they think they are tier 1 operators in the mountains of Afghanistan?  What a bunch of posers using stuff for personal enjoyment!!!!!!!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buy a TJ or YJ, Ive never seen so many poser strokes wannabe off road douchebags driving these POS. Oversized shitboxes with a real douche community of drivers in those JKs. The typical driver has some poser black off road looking rims and a cheap ass suspension, maybe even a winch thats brand new and never used to complete the look of total pussified dick smoker. These people make me sick, dice their balls off.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjq-77v4r3KAhWEnIMKHZJPCW4QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.streetfire.net%2Frides%2F2000-jeep-wrangler-sport_1047612.htm&bvm=bv.112454388,d.amc&psig=AFQjCNEDNFyROGKeXBiHIp1fLsbg3ytBNA&ust=1453564169543810

When douchebags collide!
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:33:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

In 1997 I bought a base 4x4 Wrangler for $14,000.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In 2010 I bought a new Wrangler Unlimited Sport (4WD, stick shift, air, manual windows & locks) for $25,000

In 1997 I bought a base 4x4 Wrangler for $14,000.

This!  That is exactly what I paid for my Jeep in 1998.  I loved it, but there is no way I'd drop the cash for one now.....while fun, they are not worth it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:40:55 PM EDT
[#28]
I bought my 08 rubicon jku at a estate sale in 2010, got it for less than trade in price do to the economy sucking at the time.  I've since put an additonal 60,000 miles on it and I've looked at the trade in price and it's the same amount that I bought it for.  The rubicon is like the gold standard for holding value.  I've always enjoyed that with honda and jeep wranglers.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:45:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Coworker of mine bought one. Her payments are... Ridiculous. For 72 months...
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Junk is expensive.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#31]
OP, you do know how a dual-income credit-driven economy works, right?
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:49:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

And if people would stop paying $40k+ for the Jeeps, the price would come down. Hard to blame them for charging what the market will bear, however.
View Quote

The dealership I work P/T at has a few over $50k (not the brodozer dealership package, but straight factory).

They had a simple 2dr sport come in and a few days later they had it lifted with bro-wheels.  It sat for months before some sucker bought it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I paid 32k for loaded 2012. Then sold it for 36k a couple years latter, the prices made a huge jump in between then. I prices the same jeep out and it was into the 40's and there's even more options now too.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#34]
If you have a wallet full of money and a healthy bank account you've never owned a Jeep.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:56:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

A car mag broke this down once a while back (can't remember who), and this was the conclusion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because it's cheaper than building up a Sport model.

A car mag broke this down once a while back (can't remember who), and this was the conclusion.

It's true. Lockers and gears (axles and Tcase) are the best and most expensive upgrade on a 4wd. My friend just bought a Power Wagon and his math had him saving around $5k over buying a stock 3/4ton and adding all of the goodies. If you don't use it off-road, it's not worth the money.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:57:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Emphasized your important point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
4/1 xfer case, 4.10 gear option, Dana 44 up front and back, electronic lockers front and back, electronic sway bar disconnect, steel front skid plate and the kicker FACTORY WARRANTY with all the stuff mentioned.

They are very capable vehicles.

Emphasized your important point.

Thanks I am on my phone.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:58:47 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
It's true. Lockers and gears (axles and Tcase) are the best and most expensive upgrade on a 4wd. My friend just bought a Power Wagon and his math had him saving around $5k over buying a stock 3/4ton and adding all of the goodies. If you don't use it off-road, it's not worth the money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The regear put me past the point of I'm keeping it forever.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is true, but if you are planning to go bigger than 35" tires, you would be money ahead to get a sport and upgrade everything yourself.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
That wasnt cool, it was just fuckin stupid.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That wasnt cool, it was just fuckin stupid.  

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 1:01:30 PM EDT
[#40]
supply and demmand
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Buy an old YJ and build a real Jeep. You can build a bulletproof rig for a lot cheaper than you can buy one.
View Quote

Its easy and affordable to build a competent trail or crawling rig. Not so much if you also want it to be an excellent daily driver as well as capable of taking a family camping. I'm ordering a JKU specifically because I want one vehicle that can do a little bit of everything. The added capability is well worth the extra cash.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 1:22:53 PM EDT
[#42]
What is invoice pricing on a basic sport model with 3.73 gears?
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 1:27:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Because people buy them at that price...

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If you have a wallet full of money and a healthy bank account you've never owned a Jeep.
View Quote

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 1:39:58 PM EDT
[#45]
because people will pay it.... they dont even have to haggle
very few Jeeps sit on the lot for very long.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 1:43:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Electric sway bar disconnect
Axles
4.10 gears (upgrade)

Or buy a sport and do the work yourself for less.
View Quote

I think in all my time in the Jeep world you are the first person who actually thinks its cheaper to do it on your own vs the few K upgrade in proce over a sport from the factory.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Been looking to buy a wrangler. Probably just get 2 door sport soft top. Looking at the prices why are they priced so high , like north of 40k for a rubicon

Because they are awesome
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32270217/XlxxaUt.jpg

Getting your Brokeback Jeep stuck in the mud does not make it awesome...

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Jeep = the automotive version of coming out of the closet.

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 2:00:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Electric sway bar disconnect
Axles
4.10 gears (upgrade)

Or buy a sport and do the work yourself for less.
View Quote

Different transfer case as well.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top