Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:13:44 PM EDT
[#1]
It's been 6-7 years since I've purchased anything from LT... Moving to Kaliforniastan put a damper on my tactical goodies

But the fact is that they still remain my benchmark for what customer service should be...
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Got the 20" Stealth barrel I ordered today. You guys will never believe this but there was more in the box than the barrel. There was the barrel of course and it looks very nice, some Dillo Dust and a Dillo.

But the most interesting thing was a business card sized novel detailing some of the drama that goes on around here. He talks about people that want something for nothing. Mind you not honest complaints but fraud and larceny.

Mr Larue doesn't have to  convince me I am in business for myself and have people trying to get something for nothing all the time.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:19:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Love hearing stuff like this!!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Got a nice little box from LaRue today, with a letter signed by Mr. LaRue himself.  He thanked me for my purchases and wished me happy holidays, and gave me some handy, nice items.

Very classy, Mr. LaRue...thank you very much.  Hope you and yours have a happy Thanksgiving, and a wonderful Christmas too.  My son just married a young filly from Round Rock, whose parents live in Leander.  Permaybehaps I can use that excuse to come by someday.

Love hearing stuff like this!!

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:20:53 PM EDT
[#4]
The thing I hate most about Larue Tactical is they don't offer Dillo Dust for sale on the website.

I want to buy that shit in bulk, so I never run out!
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:21:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Mark is blunt as fuck and that pisses people off.  I have had nothing but great experiences with his mounts.  I have a trigger on order and I suspect I won't have issues with it either.

View Quote
This is a Good thing IMO

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:25:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Mark Larue is a real life santa claus to the shooting community. Except that he gives stuff out to all the little kids year round.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:26:22 PM EDT
[#7]
OHi guys

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:26:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The thing I hate most about Larue Tactical is they don't offer Dillo Dust for sale on the website.

View Quote

I should have a few extras laying around. If you're interested, let me know. I could probably spare a couple bottles if you cover shipping.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:31:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Mine shipped today too! Going to be a sweet build.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Waitting for my LaRue barrel, shipped today...real excited

Mine shipped today too! Going to be a sweet build.

When did you order yours out of curiosity?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:43:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It must suck to still be you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hahaha....

Here we go.

It must suck to still be you.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:55:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Mark Larue is a real life santa claus to the shooting community. Except that he gives stuff out to all the little kids year round.
View Quote
The fact he deals with us proves how much he is willing to put up with to support the shooting community.
Hopefully the shitbags here and on other forums don't ever sway him from being so generous.

I have way too many lowers and other small parts to justify an entire rifle purchase but his uppers are on my "extra" money list.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:58:40 PM EDT
[#12]
LaRue = Good people.....
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:10:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I should have a few extras laying around. If you're interested, let me know. I could probably spare a couple bottles if you cover shipping.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've still got one extra. Thanks though!

I do wish he would sell the Dillo Dust separate on the site though. I can always find something to justify a purchase to get more.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:15:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Above and beyond because, let's face it, their stuff sells itself.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:07:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I want to get my hands on some also.  I keep hearing how great it is.  Guess I'll have to buy a few things and tell the wife that I just bought the dill dust only......
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:12:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I don't understand people getting all upset at Larue and their customers. Mark is a good Ol' boy Texan that likes to give and help people. You must be a miserable SOB to hate that. I can't afford Larue at this point in my life (went back to school/full time student) but I'll be a "forever customer" just by what he does for the people at Arfcom.  Larue is a go to that , one of only a handful stable manufactures that values their customers.
View Quote
Mark is good people, takes care of his customers, supports shooting sports and will let you know if you've offended him.  That last part some people don't like.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:17:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I just wish I could afford to buy something from him other than a dillo.  Going to his website is like going to the spank bank.  

Every time I see "that thread", I feel like I am playing the lottery.  Throw my number in and then its "common...daddy needs a new AR".

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:18:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Mark is good people, takes care of his customers, supports shooting sports and will let you know if you've offended him.  That last part some people don't like.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't understand people getting all upset at Larue and their customers. Mark is a good Ol' boy Texan that likes to give and help people. You must be a miserable SOB to hate that. I can't afford Larue at this point in my life (went back to school/full time student) but I'll be a "forever customer" just by what he does for the people at Arfcom.  Larue is a go to that , one of only a handful stable manufactures that values their customers.

Sucks for them. I appreciate honesty regardless of my feels.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:27:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:36:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

dillo dust = crack...

the first taste is always free...
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:51:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Thanks and I'm flattered, but I'm really am thinking guys that own and run our stuff are doing most of the sellin', word of mouth is a way powerful marketing tool.  But ... it's a sword that cuts both ways, that and these pesky high resolution cameras, keeps us up and on our toes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks and I'm flattered, but I'm really am thinking guys that own and run our stuff are doing most of the sellin', word of mouth is a way powerful marketing tool.  But ... it's a sword that cuts both ways, that and these pesky high resolution cameras, keeps us up and on our toes.

Very true.  Word of mouth can make or break a company.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:51:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Came in for the read. Happy thanksgiving
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:01:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:23:24 AM EDT
[#24]
I keep entering to win but no luck so far lol. I've been looking really hard at the 13.2 rail also. If I had the money to spare this month, I'd definitely order a barrel or the rail. Based on the customer service I've seen here, and the reported quality of the products, I still might order that rail once the holidays are over.

Congrats to everyone who wins and Happy Thanksgiving
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:44:40 AM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Mark and his crew are awesome.  They shifted things around to make sure I got my UHFO prize when I was about to go under the knife to have most of my liver removed because of cancer last year.  Stuff like that is not forgotten.  Their products do sell themselves but the personal touch is so above and beyond that I will be a customer for life.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b611/AZshooter71/E7C6C2AB-AB73-4A51-BD13-D852206F588B.jpg

This is now a pic thread. Latest build from an 18" Stealth barrel
View Quote
Sweet!

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:58:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Mark is blunt as fuck and that pisses people off.  I have had nothing but great experiences with his mounts.  I have a trigger on order and I suspect I won't have issues with it either.

View Quote

Wow. A Texan that's  proud and isn't afraid to tell ya? You don't say I find it refreshing and culturally enriching Love me some LaRue! Have a trigger on the way as I type.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:15:59 PM EDT
[#30]
I try to buy home state gear but I have a few LaRue products because they are just plain awesome. I'm hoping someday if the SHTF, and I have to defect to TX, my LaRue hat will get me through the gate
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:22:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Subbed Dillo Dust into my stew this week for paprika. Was awesome.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:58:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:08:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:19:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Indeed! Thank you Mark for all you do for us and the Men and Women out there risking their lives to make ours safer!

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Sitting high atop a mountain hunting in radio free land WV, Larue is good people.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:28:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:29:29 PM EDT
[#38]
I've had nothing but first class service and products from LaRue and because of it I keep going back time and time again.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#39]
I wonder if Nutnfancy received any gifts from them.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:55:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

In for the eventual haters that can't afford LT stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In for the eventual gloat fest that is about to happen.

Haha yea that's it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:57:18 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Never understood the haters. Larue does business the way business should be done. He makes a good product, he treats his customers well, and he donates shit to the military. Why the fuck people get so bent out of shape about him is beyond me.

I think he's a class act and makes damn fine products.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote
also donates a solid chunk of change to help ban states legal battles out. Fuck the haters.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 5:02:14 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

It's been 6-7 years since I've purchased anything from LT... Moving to Kaliforniastan put a damper on my tactical goodies

But the fact is that they still remain my benchmark for what customer service should be...
View Quote
fellow behind enemy liner checking in

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 5:09:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 5:16:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

We inadvertently trolled across the effluent pipe and got a strike.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha yea that's it.

Like moths to a light bulb....
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 5:25:26 PM EDT
[#46]
I didn't read everything...but did I get in before the "This isn't twitter/facebook/your personal blog" crowd?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Back a few years ago and another Arfcomer and I were constantly shooting clays at 300 yard with his self-built AR. After hitting a few, I commented about the repeatability claim of the LaRue mounts. He removes the Leupold scope, shakes it twice like a magic wand twice, and remounts it.

Given me the "well??????????" look, I reload and hit, and hit, and hit.

Money has been spent since then.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 5:30:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha yea that's it.

No hate on my part at all. LT makes nice things. I bought a used SF M952 and it came with a LaRue mount. It's high quality, no complaints from me. I personally do not understand the whole fanboyism thing that goes on but it's also not my place to understand. I just find it weird and off putting.

Happy Thanksgiving.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 6:02:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

No hate on my part at all. LT makes nice things. I bought a used SF M952 and it came with a LaRue mount. It's high quality, no complaints from me. I personally do not understand the whole fanboyism thing that goes on but it's also not my place to understand. I just find it weird and off putting.

Happy Thanksgiving.  
View Quote

People love the "free" stuff they get when they order. But it's easy to give away "free" stuff when you overcharge for everything else you sell. no hater here, like I posted before I've used their stuff but I don't feel it's worth what they charge.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top