Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 6:12:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Hijack - Do we have a price/ ETA on Siete? Trying to decide if I really need a Ruger PSR.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#2]

I used to have a LaRue OBR as my avatar, before I gave up on the membership. That OBR had been used on Top Shot, and was etched to say so.

Mr LaRue gave me that rifle. FOR NOT A DAMN CENT. Just because I pulled a trigger just a bit faster than a fellow next to me.
I will be a diehard fan for life. Call it fanboi if you like. That same day, I met a fellow trigger puller, a Marine, who had lost both of his legs after stepping on a pressure plate IED. Mr Larue flew him and a friend to Utah, and gave him the hunt of a lifetime. Again, out of he goodness of one of the biggest hearts I know of.

Hell, the only reason I was at Range Day 2011 was because some of the special operations fellows I was rehabbing with at Center for the Intrepid couldn't stop talking about how amazing LaRue Tactical products were, and how they took every bump and beating they took in the sandbox. Had to see it for myself, and I wasn't disappointed. I have a few LT products now, and use every opportunity I can to show my Soldiers and NCOs why they should buy the best if they're going to hoof out their own cash for something the Army either doesnt have, or has but they picked shitty equipment.

So yeah, there's a reason why people talk his customer service, products, and name up:
because he earned every word of it.

Just my opinion of course, which coupled with a dollar, could get you a cup of coffee.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:36:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well well well, another guy that hates freedom.

I thought I was free to spend my advertising dollars any way I saw fit.  But then there's the absolute freedom
haters backed by a lack of common sense, that think $75,000 ads in Guns and Ammo aren't passed straight through to the end user, all while chanting something some other hater posted somewhere.

It's okay, guys like you provide the precise mix of bread and gladiator excitement needed to keep a thread on it's feet.

"ARE YOU ENTERTAINED !!!"

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No hate on my part at all. LT makes nice things. I bought a used SF M952 and it came with a LaRue mount. It's high quality, no complaints from me. I personally do not understand the whole fanboyism thing that goes on but it's also not my place to understand. I just find it weird and off putting.

Happy Thanksgiving.  

People love the "free" stuff they get when they order. But it's easy to give away "free" stuff when you overcharge for everything else you sell. no hater here, like I posted before I've used their stuff but I don't feel it's worth what they charge.

I thought I was free to spend my advertising dollars any way I saw fit.  But then there's the absolute freedom
haters backed by a lack of common sense, that think $75,000 ads in Guns and Ammo aren't passed straight through to the end user, all while chanting something some other hater posted somewhere.

It's okay, guys like you provide the precise mix of bread and gladiator excitement needed to keep a thread on it's feet.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No hate on my part at all. LT makes nice things. I bought a used SF M952 and it came with a LaRue mount. It's high quality, no complaints from me. I personally do not understand the whole fanboyism thing that goes on but it's also not my place to understand. I just find it weird and off putting.

Happy Thanksgiving.  

People love the "free" stuff they get when they order. But it's easy to give away "free" stuff when you overcharge for everything else you sell. no hater here, like I posted before I've used their stuff but I don't feel it's worth what they charge.

lol I don't hate freedom at all.  You have the freedom to charge what you want.  And if people keep blindly paying it, more power to you
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED ???"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Happy Thanksgiving.  

"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED ???"

FIFY
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:03:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Could someone tell me/link me Mr. LaRue's Turkey recipe? Would be much appreciated!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:17:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Could someone tell me/link me Mr. LaRue's Turkey recipe? Would be much appreciated!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's awful. Don't do it... You see, when you make it, the family will insist that you do the turkey every year.

Quoted:

Originally posted by LaRue_Tactical :

Happy Thanksgiving to all you turkey lovers ...

If you hate turkey, then read on anyhow ... 'cause here's my turkey fryin' instructions from The Dead Center of Texas ... some of you will find them handy.

Starting with a Pro-tip ...

Take the turkey liver out of your bird –– throw it in a non-plastic coffee cup –– toss a couple spoons of your injectin' sauce on it –– toss it in the microwave for 90 seconds.
It's a tasty snack to enjoy while breakin' the bird out for injectin'.

And now my deep-fry-the-turkey process ...

1.) Strain a big bottle of Zesty Italian salad dressing through some sort of strainer.

2.) Now dump in a whole shaker of Dillo Dust or half a big can of Tony Chechere's (the green can) into the Italian slurry ... mix more than thoroughly (as there will be a mud of TC's on the bottom if you don't watch it).

3.) Prep the bird by whacking that tail thing-a-ma-jig off and all the loose skin related to it and while you're at it, cut that big scarf of skin off in the neck area too.

4.) Place the whole bird into one of those big throw-away aluminum pans.

5.) Cook the turkey liver snack now and then snack on it.

6.) Now re-stir your TC/ID slurry , take the assembled injector syringe and suck 'er full and start pumpin' the turkey full ... just everywhere you can get the needle to poke in. You can reach a lot of the bird from each hole you poke, sort of like oil drillin', this way the countryside is not riddled with holes. Watch out and be careful, I blew a big squirt of it all over a nice shirt tonight (dammit).

7.) Next, cover with aluminum foil and let 'er marinate overnight.

Now to the Deep Fryer ...

8.) I like the 42 qt. Aluminum Pot (w/strainer basket). In Texas, you can get that pot at an Academy. And IIRC (and it's not critical), it takes about 4 gallons of the peanut oil (also gotten at Academy) to bring the correct level for an 18-20 pound bird. Again, not critical.

9.) Bring oil to 375 degrees. Do not go over 375 'cause at around 425 degrees, the sucker will just light on fire all by itself (and then it's hell to put out). Speaking from experience I am.

10.) With the basket not yet in the oil, lower the bird into the strainer basket neck down, feet up. I find it best to throw the neck over to one side of the basket and lean the feet to the far side. You'll see what I mean.

11.) Ready to lower into the oil (it's a two-man job for max safety). I pass a broom handle through the basket handle and let the other guy grab his end while I got mine, and we then lift the bird in a coordinated fashion, center it over the oil, then lower it slowly in. I say slowly because that 375 degree oil sears the skin on the initial slow entry and that's good. Don't get scared in the lowering op. It'll boil and carry on, but stand your ground.

12.) As soon as it's in, scramble to get the broom handle out and the lid slammed on. Oh. and I forgot, one of those thermometers is to be attached to the basket.

13.) It's cookin' time. I run them ~4 minutes a pound (or until it floats is also good). A 20 lb. bird gets 75-80 minutes.

14.)The oil temp will drop, let it, but stabilize that temp at 325 degrees.

15.) Same drill to get it out. Run the broom handle through the basket handle ... get on either side, lift out, hold over oil and let drain awhile, lift on out and sit on a piece of plywood or a cardboard box of some sort.

16.) With gloved hands, grab the drumsticks and gently pick the bird out of the basket and place on a "clean" aluminum throwaway pan.

17.) Now here's where the proprietary LaRue process comes into play. Cut the whole damn thing up into fajitas, serve on hot flour tortillas with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and salsa of some sort. The proper setup is cheese on the bottom, meat on top of the cheese, lettuce liberally slung all over, pico de guillo (sic) on top the lettuce, a good picante salsa slung on top of it all - fold it and enjoy. Chips and hot sauce go good with it too - heat your Mexican corn chips a little in the oven (to bring the oil out a little) and serve 'em hot.

18.) You're done and now a well-liked turkey scalder.

Thanks for your past business and Happy Thanksgiving from all of us here at LaRue Tactical.

Mark LaRue

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:57:04 PM EDT
[#9]
D
Quoted:

lol I don't hate freedom at all.  You have the freedom to charge what you want.  And if people keep blindly paying it, more power to you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Happy Thanksgiving.  

People are not blindly paying it.  Most, if not all people spending their money at that price point have a great understanding of why the product costs that much and why it is worth it.  I suppose I'm blind because I spend LWRC money????  I have a friend who owns a Larue rifle, I shoot it once in a while.  It is worth every penny.  The accuracy and quality is up there with other manufacturers of the same price point.  I plan on buying a Aimpoint package through them.  Last time I checked, a business owner is free to do what he wants with his company, and frankly what Mark does earns him loyal customers.  Going above and beyond like he does is rare in today's world.  I have never met him or van exchanged a communication with him, but I can tell you he does what he does out of the kindness of his heart.  Also, most haters tend to trash not truly knowing the product.  Ask any HK owner, people can't understand their costs until firing one.  I've had strangers trash talk. Y HK handguns, fire them and on one occasion......this person left the range, went right to the counter and bought one right then and there.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:59:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:15:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Well that's great and all but can he make a barrel that shoots straight?

OBRs and tOBRs USED to hammer. Now they are shit.

Mark-
Have you got your shit squared away?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:20:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Mark-

View Quote

Evidence, please?

Certainly not a fanboy, but you'll need to substantiate this claim.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:23:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/images/xAvatar/311997.JPG

From your avatar, I bet you hate Ford guys, and Chevy guys, and Harley guys, and Stihl chainsaw guys, and Breitling watch guys, and ...

... and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Thanks for your business too.

ML
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In for the eventual gloat fest that is about to happen.

I have a tOBR and LaRue mounts and I have to admit, the LaRue leg humping is borderline weird.

http://www.ar15.com/media/images/xAvatar/311997.JPG

From your avatar, I bet you hate Ford guys, and Chevy guys, and Harley guys, and Stihl chainsaw guys, and Breitling watch guys, and ...

... and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Thanks for your business too.

ML

I'm glad you left out John Deere guys or I'd have been doubled, tripled, or now that I think about it, quintupled up in there!!

Thank God I don't own a Breitling watch!!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:23:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Mark-
View Quote

Here. We. Go...
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:23:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:32:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:36:34 PM EDT
[#17]
LaRue rocks! Very happy with all of my purchases. Almosts makes me regret ordering an ADM mount for my Acog from Amazon today. Unfortunately couldn't spare the extra change for the LaRue.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:44:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:52:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:53:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Shill thread?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:53:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:55:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:56:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No really. Not when we came to visit you.

View Quote

Hiding behind a keyboard is easy to do.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:58:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:59:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:59:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:59:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Really? I have years invested in this.
View Quote

In what?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:01:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:02:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:03:22 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Btw guys, how tough is the dillo finish? I got one from a member in mail (along with a pack of dillo dust and some shirts), and I'd love to add it to my keychain, but I dont want it to get ruined, since (with me being from Serbia) it will be hard to replace it
View Quote
Use the thing. I've got a couple of spares sitting around that I can send you.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:06:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:10:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Mark, the derp is getting thick and I wouldn't want you to get your boots muddy. Maybe it's time for a scotch and some football
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:11:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hint - it wasn't Larue.
View Quote

What about the other thing 16" 7.62? You're editing the shit in your posts faster that anyone can quote you.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:13:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:15:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Mark, the derp is getting thick and I wouldn't want you to get your boots muddy. Maybe it's time for a scotch and some football
View Quote

I have an unopened bottle of 18yo glenmorangie he can have but I am fresh out of footballs.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:22:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:26:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:37:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:43:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:44:07 AM EDT
[#40]

FIFY
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:44:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Lol.

lulz

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:48:28 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I have an unopened bottle of 18yo glenmorangie he can have but I am fresh out of footballs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Footballs seem to be in abundance, theres monkeys fucking them all up in this thread
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:49:47 AM EDT
[#43]
I got to run a few mags through my predatar with the LT trigger I won in the 50 Days of Christmas thread this afternoon.

This trigger is exceptionally smooth and crisp. The reset great. It honestly makes my Geissele SSA's feel gritty. The wide trigger actually feels really good and almost makes the trigger squeeze a little easier. I approve and will be buying another one ASAP.

The bottom line, Mark ain't bull shittin' when he says it is the best 2 stage trigger around. Love him or hate him, you can't deny that his products work as advertised and I would highly recommend his trigger.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:57:09 AM EDT
[#44]
You lost me. It's ok I'm here for you. Mark, we can work through this together. No judgment from us  if someone spent all night with some Rangers.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:57:25 AM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:01:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:04:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:05:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You lost me. It's ok I'm here for you. Mark, we can work through this together. No judgment from us  if someone spent all night with some Rangers.

Claims the AMU builds him rifles.    
"When the AMU builds you a rifle- smile, say thank you, and hope you live up to it's potential. Who gives a rat's ass what's stamped on the side?"

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/389104_Show_us_your_SDM_R.html

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:06:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm guessing he ate some turkey that wasn't quite done and it's caused a imbalance of his central nervous system.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:17:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

"When the AMU builds you a rifle- smile, say thank you, and hope you live up to it's potential. Who gives a rat's ass what's stamped on the side?"

http://i35.tinypic.com/oasu3o.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/ve52ev.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/2j1woqo.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i35.tinypic.com/oasu3o.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/ve52ev.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/2j1woqo.jpg

Lol Willy Gray. You find something that isn't kosher and I'll suck Mark's dick for you.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top