3 round burst!
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 2:37:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Me: "Where do you want to go out to eat?"

Wife: "oh, I don't care...any place is fine."

Me: "OK, let's go to <fill-in-the-blank>

Wife: "I don't want to go there...we just had...I don't like...you know I can't have gluten...any place but that..." etc, etc, etc.

Me: "OK, then you pick out the place."

Wife: "I told you, I don't care. Any place is fine."

Me:

ETA: I've finally given up on this. If someone doesn't like my suggestion, I refuse to make another suggestion until they offer a counter-suggestion.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 2:37:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm more logical than you!  

We need to pass the trauma center fee to put level 1 trauma centers all through the state!
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#5]
When she means to say melt, she says melk

When she means to say perimeter, she says parameter

When it comes to accounting and working with numbers, she is God awful smart, but sometimes I gotta wonder.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Me: "Where do you want to go out to eat?"

Wife: "oh, I don't care...any place is fine."

Me: "OK, let's go to <fill-in-the-blank>

Wife: "I don't want to go there...we just had...I don't like...you know I can't have gluten...any place but that..." etc, etc, etc.

Me: "OK, then you pick out the place."

Wife: "I told you, I don't care. Any place is fine."

Me:

ETA: I've finally given up on this. If someone doesn't like my suggestion, I refuse to make another suggestion until they offer a counter-suggestion.
View Quote

That's the rule when I'm running the fire station.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 3:03:25 PM EDT
[#7]
"Wanna kiss it?"

as she tries to push my head down...

(nearly everyday)

- Clint
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 3:18:46 PM EDT
[#8]
local town is Staunton VA
County is Augusta
Ambulance says S.A.R.S. (Staunton-Augusta Rescue Squad)

my old lady says, "OMG, is SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) that big of a problem around here?"

This was a few years back when the disease was spreading in Asia.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
She does not have the words "yes or no" in her vocabulary.  Her standard answers are:  "I guess", "I suppose", "huh", "what" or "I could care less".  Yes, I know that she means she couldn't care less, but for some reason she always cares.

When we are out and I ask her where she wants to stop and eat, she never knows.  
View Quote

I know so many couples that have this argument. Instead of leaving it open, give her choices.

My friend and I break it down like this:
(Red=him, Green=her)

I'm hungry.
Eat out or eat in?

Out.

Price range?
$$.

I'd really like _____ type of food tonight.

Yes. How about ______.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#10]
That's gross, why would you want to do that?   Normal people don't do that.

maybe later.  

Not now I have a headache.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Me:  *Panting, out of breath, sweaty*

Her:  "Oh hey, the ceiling fan has a bulb out"

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 3:32:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got that one as well, I need to dust the head board....
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 3:34:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I have no wife.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

3 round burst!

your wife says that? She's demanding

I have no wife.

I'm accepting applications...

Just saying.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

"_____"

Typically followed days later by "I know I told you--you never listen".  The problem is the words never leave her mouth--it's either her constant internal dialog, or she gets distracted and never actually says the words she plans to.  My adult kids confirm this so it's not a case of selective hearing.

View Quote

Holy fucking shit, this. I've even had people CONFIRM she's never said anything, and she still gets pissed that I didn't listen.

"Know what I mean?"

After every fucking sentence.

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 3:56:42 PM EDT
[#15]
'outen the lights' '[blank] is all' 'spritzing' and a bunch of others. Her family is very PA Dutch and she picked up a few sayings.

'i hate people' (she dislikes crowds even more than I do)

and she laughs at farts... and then tells me I'm gross. I tell her if she laughed it doesn't count.

I love my wife, I'd be lost and miserable without her.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm currently in an uncontrollable fit of giggles visualizing this paired up with your perfect username.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"I just love it when you chase the chickens around the yard with a leaf blower and an ATV."

I'm currently in an uncontrollable fit of giggles visualizing this paired up with your perfect username.

With the Benny Hill theme music playing?
(Yakety-Sax)
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 4:41:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

All men have the gene too. They just have the good manners to gtf over it and make a decision for the sake of decision making. Women can do the exact same thing. They don't do it because they don't have to. Turn up the pain and teach her how to keep herself out of trouble. She'll be blurting out answers ("Outback!") in no time. Or she'll eject. Either way, problem solved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Me: "What do we wan't to do for dinner?"

Her: I don't care, you decide"

Me: Insert any restaurant/food type here

Her: "I don't want to go there"

Me:

This is the indecisive gene all women have and science refuses to acknowledge it.

All men have the gene too. They just have the good manners to gtf over it and make a decision for the sake of decision making. Women can do the exact same thing. They don't do it because they don't have to. Turn up the pain and teach her how to keep herself out of trouble. She'll be blurting out answers ("Outback!") in no time. Or she'll eject. Either way, problem solved.

You are simply awesome.   I look for your posts in these types of topics on purpose.   My wife is beautiful, blonde, and younger than me (she's 30 and I'm 35)  . I have a lot more life experience etc. than she does.  She says some of the most asinine stuff you could ever imagine,  and most times I love her for it and laugh a little inside before explaining such and such to her.  She's smart, but not all the time...just like me I suppose.  This is not leg humping as I'm happily married.   Sorry for the hijack .  
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Better learn to breathe through your ears.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 6:01:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I know so many couples that have this argument. Instead of leaving it open, give her choices.

(Red=him, Green=her)

I'm hungry.
Eat out or eat in?

Out.

Price range?
$$.

Yes. How about ______.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She does not have the words "yes or no" in her vocabulary.  Her standard answers are:  "I guess", "I suppose", "huh", "what" or "I could care less".  Yes, I know that she means she couldn't care less, but for some reason she always cares.

(Red=him, Green=her)

I'm hungry.
Eat out or eat in?

Out.

Price range?
$$.

Yes. How about ______.

How quaint. The woman is making a decision here.

In reality, instead of answering "out" to the question of "in or out," she'd answer "Out...maybe? Can we afford it? I want Outback though...no, let's eat in. We'll go out on Thursday. Or wait, we're supposed to meet Rachel on Thursday. I'll cook. Are we out of rice? Fuck it, I'll just make a pizza."

Before I can get a word in, she's pissed at me.

Or, when I get the "I don't care," I pick a place and go there, and she either moans until I tell her where or just mopes that she didn't want to go there. We're supposed to know that "anywhere" or "I don't care" don't mean Tony's, or the Steakhouse, or whatever she's not currently in the mood for. Foster's and Outback are safe bets.

More to the original question, my wife and her mother mispronounce nearly every word known to man. They add and subtract syllables, letters, you name it. My mother in law says "sub-tull" instead of subtle. Drives me absolutely insane.

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You are simply awesome.   I look for your posts in these types of topics on purpose.   My wife is beautiful, blonde, and younger than me (she's 30 and I'm 35)  . I have a lot more life experience etc. than she does.  She says some of the most asinine stuff you could ever imagine,  and most times I love her for it and laugh a little inside before explaining such and such to her.  She's smart, but not all the time...just like me I suppose.  This is not leg humping as I'm happily married.   Sorry for the hijack .  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Me: "What do we wan't to do for dinner?"

Her: I don't care, you decide"

Me: Insert any restaurant/food type here

Her: "I don't want to go there"

Me:

This is the indecisive gene all women have and science refuses to acknowledge it.

Lol. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

In reality, instead of answering "out" to the question of "in or out," she'd answer "Out...maybe? Can we afford it? I want Outback though...no, let's eat in. We'll go out on Thursday. Or wait, we're supposed to meet Rachel on Thursday. I'll cook. Are we out of rice? Fuck it, I'll just make a pizza."

Or, when I get the "I don't care," I pick a place and go there, and she either moans until I tell her where or just mopes that she didn't want to go there. We're supposed to know that "anywhere" or "I don't care" don't mean Tony's, or the Steakhouse, or whatever she's not currently in the mood for. Foster's and Outback are safe bets.

More to the original question, my wife and her mother mispronounce nearly every word known to man. They add and subtract syllables, letters, you name it. My mother in law says "sub-tull" instead of subtle. Drives me absolutely insane.

http://d2ws0xxnnorfdo.cloudfront.net/meme/364697
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

(Red=him, Green=her)

I'm hungry.
Eat out or eat in?

Out.

Price range?
$$.

Yes. How about ______.

http://d2ws0xxnnorfdo.cloudfront.net/meme/364697

Maybe I'm just weird.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 6:55:54 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't speak black and white, I speak gray.   :/

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Not tonight, I'm tired.
View Quote

add:

have a headache

don't feel good.

etc, etc,....
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:15:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
'outen the lights' '[blank] is all' 'spritzing' and a bunch of others. Her family is very PA Dutch and she picked up a few sayings.

and she laughs at farts... and then tells me I'm gross. I tell her if she laughed it doesn't count.

View Quote

Hey, hey, hey!!!!  Us Yinzers take that shit seriously.  Now go and get me a jumbo sandwich!!!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:27:24 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

"Do you need me to add more Dr. Pepper to the crock pot?"

"Your not listening to me when I feed my fish!"

"Do we need cat food? The car needs gas so we should get cat food"

Yes, it really is as outlandish as it sounds. Yes, there are times she really is checked out of whatever reality the rest of us are living in.
View Quote
WTF?

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:39:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Hey, hey, hey!!!!  Us Yinzers take that shit seriously.  Now go and get me a jumbo sandwich!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You want me to get that from Giant Eagle or Primantis?
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:40:51 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm very hypoglycemic, give me a candy bar before I get a retard seizure.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:41:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Ill be half way across the house, walk into the room mid sentence of whatever she thought she was saying to me.

"Huh? I didn't hear a word you said"

Her: Repeats the last 1-2 words and continues on.

"WTF are you talking about"

Her: Repeats the last 2-3 words she said and continues on.

"No, you have to actually start from the beginning. I didn't hear a word you said".

Her: "Oh, I thought you could hear me"

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:45:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Are we all married to the same woman?
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:47:48 AM EDT
[#30]
"You better pull-out unless you want a retard baby"

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:22:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry,
You win. :(

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:56:53 AM EDT
[#32]
"Blah, blah, blah, blah."

Walks over and smacks me on back of the head.

" Did you hear anything I just said?"
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#33]
My wife says horrible like "whore-ible".  

It drives me crazy but I haven't ever really made an issue of it.

I'm sure I do something that really annoys her so I let it be.

I figure if that is the only thing that my wife does that annoys me then I'm doing pretty damn good.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 8:45:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Foundaizion instead of foundation

She'll say something facing away from me or into a fan and wonder why she has to repeat
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 8:52:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
"Get the fuck outta my kitchen!"

I didn't listen at first, but after the second time she cut me with a knife, I realized I'd be better on the couch watching t.v. She ( 2nd wife ) said this whenever she was cooking something with a really old family recipe. Like I would know what to do with a damn recipe'. Of course, it might also be that she got aggravated by my really bad Zuluish accent of " Bootitee Bootitee Bootie.", and smacking her on the ass when she was bent over a hot stove, but who knows. I almost needed stitches the second time, but we super glued it.

"Stop being a bitch and get up. I'm gonna fuck the pain away if you stop being a pussy."

This was after she came back from MP training at Leonard wood. We were coming down the steps at my parents house and headed over to ours. She decided to show me a baton type take down she learned there, with a 5 cell maglight she had in her hands, while I was stepping off into the gravel driveway, with the cement walkway still extending for the next three feet. All I know is she got my arms behind me as I was stepping off, and locked them, and I went face first into the gravel, bleeding, while she jumped on my back and cuffed me. Cussing her, and spitting out rocks was apparently being a whiny bitch.  She made up for it, but geez.

"I'm gonna dig your brain out with a spoon."  Anytime I said something stupid, but with her track record of violence, I could never be sure if she was being funny or serious.

"Go out and put the targets up."

At the range, after a night of knock down , drag out fighting, where she pulled a knife on me and I thought I was gonna have to hit her with a bat. Then she said the knife was for her, but we kept fighting. She would never shut up, and to get the last word. I slept in another bedroom that night. Well, slept isn't the right word, I never fell asleep. She slept like a baby, and laughed at me because she said she psyched me out. She decided that we should go shoot that morning, bought us breakfast and all. She asked me to go put the targets up while she stayed back at the shooting line, with nobody there but us two, in the middle of nowhere, with no cell service. Yeah, like that was gonna happen. I told her hell, no, you're walking out here with me.

The first wife was all sunshine and daisies. Second one was crazy as hell. And yeah, the 2nd one is the 19-20 year old ( (I was 32-33) that wanted to play "overwatch " on a gun deal on the river roads on top of a buddy's dad's two story store, where there was a ladder to go up on the extension that was a first floor patio thing. I didn't tell her no. It would have broke her spirit, and I wouldn't have got laid that night. It was her 10rd AK and she was using the money for a 30rd SAR1.
View Quote

it's a shame that all won't fit on a Hallmark card.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 9:37:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I think my favorite memory of the ex wife was when i was talking to our landlord, out of nowhere she just starts talking over (she did this alot).  Finally I had to get a word in:

"Honey?"

"What?!? "

I point to the next room "Shiney object."

She spins around, then reality hits and she spins back.

Her:

Me:

Landlord: ...
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 10:15:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Me sitting upstairs in the office/den, her downstairs in living room.

Her yelling:  "Hey babe, come here"

I walk downstairs and to the living room:  "What's up?"

Her :  "Can you grab me that thing off the computer desk in the office?"

This happens 3 times a week
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 10:17:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jin Iggle!!!!  Primani's I get the roast beef or smoke sausage sandwich.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Sorry,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry,

Well, he IS from Oklahoma....
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 10:44:37 AM EDT
[#40]
My wife has a very good head on her shoulders, doesn’t do 95% of the irrational ‘woman stuff’ most complain about, however every once in a while she’ll do something that absolutely perplexes me.

She will start saying something to me the moment I turn the kitchen faucet on to wash my hands or a dish, while she’s sitting 30 feet away. It’s an almost Pavlovian response to her hearing the water running.

Start verbalizing a thought and then walk out of the room as she’s talking, thinking I have bat hearing. While I’m watching TV

She will have the first half of a conversation or thought in her head, and then verbalize the second half to me. So I’m being brought on board halfway through a thought and clueless as to what she’s talking about. It’s normally something like “ And it’s going to work because I got three instead of two” or “ There wasn’t any in the basement so can you please grab it at the store?” followed up by just looking at me waiting for me to respond. She’s gotten pretty good at realizing when she does this because I just stare at her ‘like a cow looking at a new gate’ (Thanks PlaneJane)  

I’m mowing, with earpro on and earbuds with music on underneath. So basically I hear nothing but music. She will walk outside and stand on the edge of the yard and try to talk to me without getting my attention. I completely zone out when mowing.

Even after some coaching, she is still a serial mispronouncer of a handful of words. Especially becomes expeshially. Recyclable is re-SIKE-uh-buhls. You get the idea.

She is about 80/20 with her father’s mannerisms vs her mother’s. However when her, her mother, and her grandmother are in the room they immediately synchronize speech mannerisms and I start to feel like I’m in a feedback loop. Favorite phrases are “I’m just saying ___________” or “_____I’m just saying”, “truthfully ______”, etc. Oftentimes they’ll be in some debate or conversation and they’ll each take turns repeating those phrases paired with their individual standpoint, not attempting to resolve the issue but to state their point the most amount of times. Ad nauseam.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 10:57:07 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Are we all married to the same woman?
View Quote

Yes, it's that they just look different.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 11:51:20 AM EDT
[#42]
We live on the coast (Cook Inlet, Pacific Ocean) with small towns/villages scattered along the highway. She's asked me what the elevation is while getting her feet wet In Homer then again in Anchor Point and again then in Kenai.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 11:53:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Me, 'Where you wanna go eat dinner?"

Her, "I don't care, you decide.  I hate making all the decisions..."

Me, "Okay.  How about XXX?"

Her, "Oh, I don't like that place..."

Me -
16 year old son sitting near-by -
12 year old daughter looks up from iphone -
5 year old daughter, "Moms right...that place is bad..."
Dog doesn't even move...

***EDIT***

I see this EXACT scenario is shared by many of us...WTF is wrong with females?  Make a decision because us guys LITERALLY DON'T CARE where we eat!!!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:09:33 AM EDT
[#44]
MOAR!
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:16:20 AM EDT
[#45]
"You spend all day at a gun show driving 90 minutes each way to get there, and all you cone home with is 2000 rounds of ammo?"
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:42:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

... It's only funny when it's not happening to you.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:07:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Me: *Just about to fall asleep*
Her: Hey! Lets talk about this thing you did that I'm pissed at you about!
Me: ... We're in bed. No. We can talk about it tomorrow...
Her: I don't care. You did blah blah blah, cluck cluck cluck, yip yip yip...
Me: *falling back asleep*
Her: *POW BACKHAND* DON'T IGNORE ME!!!
Me: Go the fuck to sleep before I fucking smother you with your goddamn pillow!!!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
"Do you need me to add more Dr. Pepper to the crock pot?"

"Your not listening to me when I feed my fish!"

"Do we need cat food? The car needs gas so we should get cat food"

Yes, it really is as outlandish as it sounds. Yes, there are times she really is checked out of whatever reality the rest of us are living in.
View Quote

Mine has some crazy dreams that don't seem to end until about 5 minutes after she wakes up.  It can be pretty entertaining
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
She will start saying something to me the moment I turn the kitchen faucet on to wash my hands or a dish, while she’s sitting 30 feet away. It’s an almost Pavlovian response to her hearing the water running.
View Quote

Oh my goodness, this.

The other one that makes me laugh is her uncanny ability to know when I've gotten settled to start working on something or relax on the internet or whatever, so that she can get my attention. We used to live in a trilevel, and I swear she would call me down to show me something, or ask a question, or whatever, wait to hear me go back upstairs and sit down, then call me down again. I started giving her a hard time about it, and her solution was to come to me instead (which is thoughtful) and stand around and hover over me, mostly silent, until she's sure she's got all her questions out (which is just as distracting).

Oh well. I leave all the dresser drawers open like a fraction of an inch in retaliation. That'll show her.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:41:20 AM EDT
[#50]
"If it wasn't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college."
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top