BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Venice FL pilot was landing at the shoreline.  He should have been 50 yards or more away from the shore.  Or at least whatever was possible with a shallow turn away from the beach.  Unlock and open the door.  Exit once the plane quits moving.
View Quote

How long have you had your ticket and how many hours do you have logged?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:06:57 PM EDT
[#2]
[b]Quoted:[/

Ok, now we're getting somewhere constructive.
View Quote

Goddamnit,

EVERY FUCKING THREAD
Has to turn into this shit?

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Venice FL pilot was landing at the shoreline.  He should have been 50 yards or more away from the shore.  Or at least whatever was possible with a shallow turn away from the beach.  Unlock and open the door.  Exit once the plane quits moving.

Decades and plenty.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:07:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

He's making fun of gun grabbers/using gun grabber logic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ban general aviation. It's the only way.

Only professional paid operators should be allowed to fly planes.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I've only ever flown in commercial aircraft and don't know shit about planes.

I vote yes.

LOL, and just how do you expect future "professional" pilots to gain experience? You do realize a private license is the first step to obtaining an airline license right? Or are you just talking out of your as about a subject you know nothing about?

yeah, my half drunk ass figured that out after I wrote that, I edited my post.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:08:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

LOL, and just how do you expect future "professional" pilots to gain experience? You do realize a private license is the first step to obtaining an airline license right? Or are you just talking out of your as about a subject you know nothing about?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I vote yes.

There seems to be an abundance of that in this thread

ETA: I missed the sarcasm as well
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:09:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Decades and plenty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Decades and plenty.

Monday morning quarter-backing for the win!
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:17:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What part of "tried to navigate around them" don't you get?

He tried to thread the needle, fucked it up, and killed people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See my edit.  When he saw people on the beach, he steered into the water.  But don't let facts get in the way.  You don't see kids in your ditch, but how can you be sure they aren't there?  Maybe they're bent over sifting for sharks teeth.   Steering into a ditch isn't good enough for you.  Maybe you should look for a big tree or a pole to aim for.  I guess your buddy's life doesn't matter either, since he happens to be in your car.  Be sure to tell him you're sorry, but there may be kids in the ditch before you hit the tree.

He told investigators that he thought a water landing might cause the plane to flip due to its heavy landing gear, so he headed for the beach. He saw groups of people and tried to navigate around them, he said, aiming for a spot he thought was empty.

And you are trying to find a reason to be argumentative,  so you are making shit up.  It was a forced landing,  there is a reason it is called forced,  his propeller wasn't turning.  He cant fly away.  

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:23:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I vote yes.

If it saves just one life...

We should ban all privately owned and operated vehicles while we are at it.

People are easier to control that way, and it saves lives.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:26:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

But he fucking knew there were people, right?  He saw people on the damn beach,  not in the water where he was going

That's why he tried to thread the needle, right?  He did not see the people in the water,  so he was landing in water,  No attempt to thread the needle.

He didn't think the beach was deserted, correct?  There you go again...  Beach=sand,  water off of the beach=Water  HHe saw people on the beach so he went for the water.  see the answer to the first question.

My point, again, is that once he saw people on the beach he should have said, "Nope, too many people."  

But again, I'm not up to pilot standards where it's okay for people to die for my motorized hobby.There you go again.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See my edit.  When he saw people on the beach, he steered into the water.  But don't let facts get in the way.  You don't see kids in your ditch, but how can you be sure they aren't there?  Maybe they're bent over sifting for sharks teeth.   Steering into a ditch isn't good enough for you.  Maybe you should look for a big tree or a pole to aim for.  I guess your buddy's life doesn't matter either, since he happens to be in your car.  Be sure to tell him you're sorry, but there may be kids in the ditch before you hit the tree.

He told investigators that he thought a water landing might cause the plane to flip due to its heavy landing gear, so he headed for the beach. He saw groups of people and tried to navigate around them, he said, aiming for a spot he thought was empty.

You keep quoting a news article and ignoring the NTSB report that your article misquotes.  Read the fucking report.  Here, I'll quote it to you for the THIRD time.

"The airplane was over the water at the time, and the pilot was concerned that if he landed in deep water, the fixed landing gear airplane would flip over. The pilot saw groups of people along the beach, and attempted navigated around them. He then aimed for a spot where he thought there were no people, and landed in the water near the shoreline."

But he fucking knew there were people, right?  He saw people on the damn beach,  not in the water where he was going

That's why he tried to thread the needle, right?  He did not see the people in the water,  so he was landing in water,  No attempt to thread the needle.

He didn't think the beach was deserted, correct?  There you go again...  Beach=sand,  water off of the beach=Water  HHe saw people on the beach so he went for the water.  see the answer to the first question.

My point, again, is that once he saw people on the beach he should have said, "Nope, too many people."  

But again, I'm not up to pilot standards where it's okay for people to die for my motorized hobby.There you go again.

I am not him.  But common sense would say to land as close to shore as possible to minimize the chance of dying and hopefully not kill anyone in or out of the plane.  Falling out of the sky in a flying aluminum tube with an anchor on the front is not fucking rocket science.  You would be bitching if he hit a boat too.  you are just looking for a reason to condemn the guy.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:33:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I am not him.  But common sense would say to land as close to shore as possible to minimize the chance of dying and hopefully not kill anyone in or out of the plane.  Falling out of the sky in a flying aluminum tube with an anchor on the front is not fucking rocket science.  You would be bitching if he hit a boat too. you are just looking for a reason to condemn the guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You keep quoting a news article and ignoring the NTSB report that your article misquotes.  Read the fucking report.  Here, I'll quote it to you for the THIRD time.

"The airplane was over the water at the time, and the pilot was concerned that if he landed in deep water, the fixed landing gear airplane would flip over. The pilot saw groups of people along the beach, and attempted navigated around them. He then aimed for a spot where he thought there were no people, and landed in the water near the shoreline."

I am not him.  But common sense would say to land as close to shore as possible to minimize the chance of dying and hopefully not kill anyone in or out of the plane.  Falling out of the sky in a flying aluminum tube with an anchor on the front is not fucking rocket science.  You would be bitching if he hit a boat too. you are just looking for a reason to condemn the guy.

No, what he is doing is looking to be morally superior
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:37:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's me!

So head for that full preschool playground Pilot Hero!

Doesn't look like there are many kids by the Turtle sandbox.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:49:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's me!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's me!

Keep being obtuse.  

There has been situations where pilots have had to make similar decisions.

But,  by all means keep riding that high horse.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top