Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 100
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:24:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I should be happy, but I'm frustrated.  Picked up 2 4x8' sheets of 3/4" plywood tonight, had 'em chopped in half, and tossed up up in the attic for storage.

10 year old holding the flashlight accidentally stumbled & fell, falling into the fiberglass insulation.    He's ok, but he panicked, thinking he was about to fall through the ceiling.

Anyway, about to go sling some stuff upstairs.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:33:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
<barf>

How's all in here?
View Quote

I'm still rolling along.

You still having issues with the ADF people?
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:49:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm still rolling along.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<barf>

How's all in here?

I'm still rolling along.

Yup.

Surprise, right.

I invoked the State Attorney General, FTC and Discover Card on FB because I just don't know if I can anymore.  

I can barely handle this at 32 and I am single/no kids/unemployed; FFS.  I think about this, and how they do this shit to a couple in their 70's and think what other bullshit they must be doing to others and this is just wrong.  It's fucking wrong and with all the things that we as "peasant; working class" people can't do they shouldn't be able to do this.  
But they probably can. Nothing will happen.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:55:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Too much?  

<<sigline>>
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 1:07:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How's all in here?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
How's all in here?

Survived the 4th of July with all fingers and eyes intact, only a few hundred dollars lighter for having blown up a metric asston of blackpowder and exotic sparking metals.  Why did we only think of taping fuses together in the past four or five years?

Quoted:
10 year old holding the flashlight accidentally stumbled & fell, falling into the fiberglass insulation.    He's ok, but he panicked, thinking he was about to fall through the ceiling.

Shirley, you jest?  Falling through a ceiling would be an AWESOME ADVENTURE at that age!

(Or at any age, come to think of it.  Hmm.  Maybe I need to go poke around in my attic.)

Quoted:
Too much?

Hang in there.  Sounds like your doing all you can.  Fate is either with you or not, but either way, you've done well.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 1:10:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:  Too much?  

<<sigline>>
View Quote

Awesome sigline!  
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 1:33:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Survived the 4th of July with all fingers and eyes intact, only a few hundred dollars lighter for having blown up a metric asston of blackpowder and exotic sparking metals.  Why did we only think of taping fuses together in the past four or five years?

Shirley, you jest?  Falling through a ceiling would be an AWESOME ADVENTURE at that age!

(Or at any age, come to think of it.  Hmm.  Maybe I need to go poke around in my attic.)

Hang in there.  Sounds like your doing all you can.  Fate is either with you or not, but either way, you've done well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How's all in here?

Quoted:

Quoted:
Too much?

Thanks.  

Fingers and eyes always seem overrated until you cant use them...  Glad you still have yours.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 1:34:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Awesome sigline!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Too much?  

<<sigline>>

Awesome sigline!  

I googled what the AG does.  Never knew that.  Sounds like the right choice from whoever suggested that or directed me to that via FTC..  can't remember now.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 1:06:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Doctor confirmed today that 10 year old probably needs glasses, is small for his age, but otherwise completely normal.  Blood sugar was spot on for having had breakfast a couple hours before.

We sold no guns today.  Not one.  Did manage to show off the Colt AR that is not on display, and discovered that we have a Windham 7.62x39mm AR that no one told me about.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 1:31:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Doctor confirmed today that 10 year old probably needs glasses, is small for his age, but otherwise completely normal.  Blood sugar was spot on for having had breakfast a couple hours before.

We sold no guns today.  Not one.  Did manage to show off the Colt AR that is not on display, and discovered that we have a Windham 7.62x39mm AR that no one told me about.  
View Quote

HQ still scared the soccer moms will stage a sit in?

Today my stock assembly and my rail should be delivered. The lower parts kit is expected on the 8th. I still need the upper receiver, barrel, bolt, gas tube, gas block and muzzle thingy.   maybe by this deer season I'll have it all together and slinging 6.8 pills of fuzzy creature killing goodness.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 1:34:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:  HQ still scared the soccer moms will stage a sit in?

Today my stock assembly and my rail should be delivered. The lower parts kit is expected on the 8th. I still need the upper receiver, barrel, bolt, gas tube, gas block and muzzle thingy.   maybe by this deer season I'll have it all together and slinging 6.8 pills of fuzzy creature killing goodness.
View Quote

Apparently.

6.8mm, eh?  It's a nice round.  I'm hoping sample perfects the silent 7.62x39mm, and to someday pick up some of the Longziz UniMags.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 1:58:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Apparently.

6.8mm, eh?  It's a nice round.  I'm hoping sample perfects the silent 7.62x39mm, and to someday pick up some of the Longziz UniMags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Apparently.

Hell yeah 6.8.

Unimags? to rich for my blood.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 2:13:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Hell yeah 6.8.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently.

Hell yeah 6.8.

One mag to rule them all...

More expensive than the Camengas I took to Kuwait, but possibly more useful...
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 2:33:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

More expensive than the Camengas I took to Kuwait, but possibly more useful...
View Quote

I always though uncle Sam provided you's guys with mags. The cheap bastard.

I've been eye balling a couple of the ACS 10, 15 and 25 rd mags for the 6.8. I'm still a good ways away from need any though.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 2:49:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I've been eye balling a couple of the ACS 10, 15 and 25 rd mags for the 6.8. I'm still a good ways away from need any though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More expensive than the Cammengas I took to Kuwait, but possibly more useful...

No, Uncle gave us nice brand new Brownell's mags for my Iraq trip.  I managed to come up w/ some old Colt ones, however, that I swapped the new followers into.  I bought the Cammengas b/c I don't need the weight savings and I thought the quick reload might be handy some day.  I want UniMags for my deployment to the Islamic State.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 2:58:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No, Uncle gave us nice brand new Brownell's mags for my Iraq trip.  I managed to come up w/ some old Colt ones, however, that I swapped the new followers into.  I bought the Cammengas b/c I don't need the weight savings and I thought the quick reload might be handy some day.  I want UniMags for my deployment to the Islamic State.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More expensive than the Cammengas I took to Kuwait, but possibly more useful...

You have a deployment coming  up or are you just speculating?
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 12:11:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Updated my Yelp review.  

I had held off for a while as I thought maybe I was screwing things up for Sam by way of getting this cancelled but after Sam's pushing me to get my mother sign the settlement form from PYH after I told him the woman lied to me about what they would do to "fix" this I find myself doubting that he is helping me.

~I had uncertainty the whole time, so I limited what I told him, but he did get me farther with Protect Your Home than I had been able to get on my own so I gave him a chance to fix this.  When I told him she lied he told me I "misunderstood".

Don't tell me I am too much of a GodDamn retard KNOW WHAT SOMEONE FUCKING SAID DIRECTLY TO ME!

Tried sending emails to some of the muckity mucks out at ADT(lifers suggested) yesterday.  One of the media relations people sent it back down to Sam.  That's all I've heard about it. *shrug*
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 1:09:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You have a deployment coming  up or are you just speculating?
View Quote

Depends.  Are you willing for the Islamic State to continue in existence?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 1:11:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Well, hell.  I have friends on DPD.  : /

4 dead, 2 critical, 5 other wounded.

Link Posted: 7/8/2016 1:20:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Updated my Yelp review.  

I had held off for a while as I thought maybe I was screwing things up for Sam by way of getting this cancelled but after Sam's pushing me to get my mother sign the settlement form from PYH after I told him the woman lied to me about what they would do to "fix" this I find myself doubting that he is helping me.

~I had uncertainty the whole time, so I limited what I told him, but he did get me farther with Protect Your Home than I had been able to get on my own so I gave him a chance to fix this.  When I told him she lied he told me I "misunderstood".

Don't tell me I am too much of a GodDamn retard KNOW WHAT SOMEONE FUCKING SAID DIRECTLY TO ME!

Tried sending emails to some of the muckity mucks out at ADT(lifers suggested) yesterday.  One of the media relations people sent it back down to Sam.  That's all I've heard about it. *shrug*
View Quote

sounds shitty, what's the background? issues with security company?
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 1:21:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

jesus man.. shit is so fucked up right now
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 2:05:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding.  On another board, there's someone braying that their fellow gun owner who was open carrying @ a protest of the murder of a fellow gun owner by police should be shot by SWAT.  I'm hardly a BLM supporter, but I'm wondering what I should do as a CC when approached by a Minnesota cop.  
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 2:49:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No kidding.  On another board, there's someone braying that their fellow gun owner who was open carrying @ a protest of the murder of a fellow gun owner by police should be shot by SWAT.  I'm hardly a BLM supporter, but I'm wondering what I should do as a CC when approached by a Minnesota cop.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

in all fairness to the cop, we don't know what happened leading up to him shooting the cop.. i will say it does not look good for him, but maybe it was a good shoot.. i don't know.

and are you talking about the guy who was open carrying his AR at the rally and the cops thought he was a suspect?
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 3:23:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:  in all fairness to the cop, we don't know what happened leading up to him shooting the cop.. i will say it does not look good for him, but maybe it was a good shoot.. i don't know.

and are you talking about the guy who was open carrying his AR at the rally and the cops thought he was a suspect?
View Quote

Yep.  Already released by DPD, so I've heard.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 1:21:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Mt LPK came in today but I didn't get a chance to put the lower together. I hope to get that done tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 1:27:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Went by Trinity Ordnance today & swapped out my $60 Sabre Defense lower for one that had the safety detent hole drilled.  He put the one I brought him in the $25 scratch & dent pile.

We introduced the 10 year old to The Princess Bride tonight.  As you wish...
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 1:36:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you tell him you were in a pre-release test audience for it?

Dallas is (or used to be?) a frequent venue of test audiences for many films.  The most famous I recall were Blade Runner and Princess Bride, which backbencher got to see ahead of release.  The former was changed semi-significantly before release, the latter not (because it is perfect, except that Fred Savage could be drowned in a sack without in any way diminishing the main story).  All I got to test when I was of target-audience age was "Necessary Roughness," which was so lightweight you couldn't even really say it sucked because the pressure was too low.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 1:41:24 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Went by Trinity Ordnance today & swapped out my $60 Sabre Defense lower for one that had the safety detent hole drilled.  He put the one I brought him in the $25 scratch & dent pile.

View Quote
Get him a copy of The Count Of Monte Cristo!

Link Posted: 7/9/2016 2:00:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed.  It's a thrilling story, with tons and tons of words to hone his literacy.  When he's older, he can reread it and understand it.  When he's older than that, he can reread it and understand the myriad of historical cultural references.  And if he ever learns French, it's one of the easier "literature" tomes for a modern non-native francophone to read.

Just don't subject him to any of the many very crappy film adaptations of it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 2:02:48 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Indeed.  It's a thrilling story, with tons and tons of words to hone his literacy.  When he's older, he can reread it and understand it.  When he's older than that, he can reread it and understand the myriad of historical cultural references.  And if he ever learns French, it's one of the easier "literature" tomes for a modern non-native francophone to read.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The book is one of my favorites the movies all suck.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 2:29:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Dallas is (or used to be?) a frequent venue of test audiences for many films.  The most famous I recall were Blade Runner and Princess Bride, which backbencher got to see ahead of release.  The former was changed semi-significantly before release, the latter not (because it is perfect, except that Fred Savage could be drowned in a sack without in any way diminishing the main story).  All I got to test when I was of target-audience age was "Necessary Roughness," which was so lightweight you couldn't even really say it sucked because the pressure was too low.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  We introduced the 10 year old to The Princess Bride tonight.  As you wish...

Indeed, you have the memory of an elephant.  I did not remember that.

The only thing I remember about the Count of Monte Cristo is that it was impenetrable, and later on I got through all 7 full books of the Gulag Archipelago.  I'm not going to subject him to the Count of Monte Cristo yet - we're holding him back from 6th grade b/c he's behind in reading comprehension.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 2:41:32 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

The only thing I remember about the Count of Monte Cristo is that it was impenetrable, and later on I got through all 7 full books of the Gulag Archipelago.  I'm not going to subject him to the Count of Monte Cristo yet - we're holding him back from 6th grade b/c he's behind in reading comprehension.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:  We introduced the 10 year old to The Princess Bride tonight.  As you wish...

Maybe some kipling. It it's mostly short pieces
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 2:48:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The book is one of my favorites the movies all suck.
View Quote

Truth.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 2:59:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Kipling - you've got a point there.  Good stuff.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 3:04:49 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Kipling - you've got a point there.  Good stuff.
View Quote

I've got a few original printings around of Kipling
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 3:06:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Different sorts of books.  I don't know I've ever made it more than 40% of the way through anything by Solzhenitsyn, fiction or non, without saying to Hell with it and getting drunk to relieve the depression it brought on.  When I was too young to drink, I think I just gouged out my eyes instead, which is why I've been blind since age 8 or 9.

(I have a number of Solzhenitsyn books, mostly in paperback because I've always been either a cheap bastard or a poor one.  They're all dog-eared for the first few thousand pages, and the last nine or ten thousand pages are new as when they were first pulled from the presses of the "Proceedings of the Journal of Misery Press" in Mordor-upon-Styx, England.)

Dumas was a decent writer (a lot of his style is lost in translation) but a better storyteller, and CoMC is a massive celebration of swashbuckling revenge tropes enjoyable at any age and only slightly cheesy to a modern eye (or at least to one less cynical than your cold, dead souless eyes shorn of all hope or joy by too much 20th Century Russian literature).

Still, you may be right.  Give him a year or two if need be.

Or just give him Foucault's Pendulum, and when he stalls out on the page about a fifth of the way through where Eco names about two hundred occult disciplines no normal person has ever heard of (I swear I spent more than a day researching the terms I found in just three or four paragraphs on one page when I decided later in life to reread it and actually try to understand WTF it was all about), give him CoMC and it will seem like a cakewalk by comparison.  Just make sure he doesn't discover tvtropes.org first, or you'll never recover his tender intellect from that sinkhole of time and compulsive link-clicking.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 3:10:57 AM EDT
[#37]
LOL, I can contribute nothing to this intellectual discussion of literature.

I feel like that kid at the fair, I like turtles.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 3:13:29 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Different sorts of books.  I don't know I've ever made it more than 40% of the way through anything by Solzhenitsyn, fiction or non, without saying to Hell with it and getting drunk to relieve the depression it brought on.  When I was too young to drink, I think I just gouged out my eyes instead, which is why I've been blind since age 8 or 9.

(I have a number of Solzhenitsyn books, mostly in paperback because I've always been either a cheap bastard or a poor one.  They're all dog-eared for the first few thousand pages, and the last nine or ten thousand pages are new as when they were first pulled from the presses of the "Proceedings of the Journal of Misery Press" in Mordor-upon-Styx, England.)

Dumas was a decent writer (a lot of his style is lost in translation) but a better storyteller, and CoMC is a massive celebration of swashbuckling revenge tropes enjoyable at any age and only slightly cheesy to a modern eye (or at least to one less cynical than your cold, dead souless eyes shorn of all hope or joy by too much 20th Century Russian literature).

Or just give him Foucault's Pendulum, and when he stalls out on the page about a fifth of the way through where Eco names about two hundred occult disciplines no normal person has ever heard of (I swear I spent more than a day researching the terms I found in just three or four paragraphs on one page when I decided later in life to reread it and actually try to understand WTF it was all about), give him CoMC and it will seem like a cakewalk by comparison.  Just make sure he doesn't discover tvtropes.org first, or you'll never recover his tender intellect from that sinkhole of time and compulsive link-clicking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I dint think a Russian has ever written anything that wasn't either depressing as Fuck or propaganda.

Link Posted: 7/9/2016 3:16:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's really quite simple: backbencher likes his literature like Russia likes its governments: the bigger and more depressing it is, the better.  The fun part is when it gets recursive: backbencher likes his literature about the governments that Russia likes, and the bigger and more depressing the literature is about the bigger and more depressing the government, the better.

Some of the rest of us like to laugh a little, or have dreams other than nightmares, but backbencher is a realistic and practical man.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 3:17:05 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote
Lol next time I get rid of a bunch of books ill mail them to you

Link Posted: 7/9/2016 3:21:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It's really quite simple: backbencher likes his literature like Russia likes its governments: the bigger and more depressing it is, the better.  The fun part is when it gets recursive: backbencher likes his literature about the governments that Russia likes, and the bigger and more depressing the literature is about the bigger and more depressing the government, the better.

Some of the rest of us like to laugh a little, or have dreams other than nightmares, but backbencher is a realistic and practical man.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had to google recursive to make sure I understood what you were saying.

Remember the whole turtles thing.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 3:22:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 3:27:23 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

I won't send you anything Russian you will get a quarter in and throw yourself off a bridge.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 10:38:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:  It's really quite simple: backbencher likes his literature like Russia likes its governments: the bigger and more depressing it is, the better.  The fun part is when it gets recursive: backbencher likes his literature about the governments that Russia likes, and the bigger and more depressing the literature is about the bigger and more depressing the government, the better.

View Quote

I read that this morning & couldn't reply.  It still has me cracking up.  You have to hand it to the Russians, however - no matter which century they're writing in, their government is more or less completely fucked.  What Solzhenitsyn was writing about in the Gulag Archipelago was the Stalinist prison camps, which was one of the more depressing mistakes of the 20th century.  I've never been able to read much of Holocaust literature; however, I was reading Solzhenitsyn back in the '80's, when the USSR was still perceived as a threat to the West.

I've not been able to read any Arabic literature in the original language yet, but I have managed a few billboards & license plates.  Arabic license plates are not very depressing.  The Qu'ran, however, is somewhat like our Old Testament, but with much less organization.  I've only been able to read it in English, and couldn't finish the thing.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:39:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Saw my first Pokemon Go-generated flash crowd, around a hundred people tramping around a drainage pond at ten thirty at night.  Game must be fun.  Half the world seems to have been addicted within four or five days.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:44:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Saw my first Pokemon Go-generated flash crowd, around a hundred people tramping around a drainage pond at ten thirty at night.  Game must be fun.  Half the world seems to have been addicted within four or five days.
View Quote

shit is HUGE right now
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:46:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
shit is HUGE right now
View Quote

If you would have told me a week ago I'd be playing a Pokemon game I would have said you're nuts.  Now I'm setting traps so I can catch the damn things.  Shit's fun yo
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 1:17:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Hola.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 11:16:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Today went pretty well.  Got to be the bearer of bad news, which, happily, was not my fault.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 1:50:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Sold a non-displayed gun today, and a Taurus Curve w/ LASER, no less.  Also got an approval from the backlogged FBI.  And lunch, which I didn't expect.  And the two hour conference call got moved to tomorrow night, so I have to farm it out to my volunteer minions and see who volunteers - if any.  Not a bad day @ all.
Page / 100
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top