Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 100
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 12:42:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Took one of my twins to the range today for his first time shooting a real gun.  He had a great time.  Rifle is a Marlin/Glenfield model 25.

<a href="http://s210.photobucket.com/user/djsmiles828/media/20160630_144641_zpsxb0enf0h.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb296/djsmiles828/20160630_144641_zpsxb0enf0h.jpg</a>
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2016 12:43:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Tag away!  I had ADT in an apt I had w/ an ex-GF.  We never had a problem - but never had a break-in either.
View Quote

My family/me have never had an alarm before now.

It's not something I will ever look to do again.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 12:46:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 12:55:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:  My family/me have never had an alarm before now.

It's not something I will ever look to do again.  
View Quote

You can install the wireless systems yourself pretty easily.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 1:06:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Sitting here in our hospital room.  Just started inducing labor so hopefully baby will be on the way soon.  First one.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 7:16:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm kinda bummed. We spent the night at my in laws, so of course I had to reset the racoon trap before bed. They've been having a problem with coons eating their chicken feed. This morning I check the trap first thing and it's obvious one was caught but somehow got loose. The trap was all twisted up in the fence and there's blood on the trap and fence.

I very much dislike injuring animals and them getting away.   I'll have to move it and reset.

Good news is, today I'm going to Canton first Monday and the Arfcom store.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 7:17:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sitting here in our hospital room.  Just started inducing labor so hopefully baby will be on the way soon.  First one.
View Quote

Congratulations. Everyone come out ok, right?
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 7:17:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2016 10:31:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Sitting here in our hospital room.  Just started inducing labor so hopefully baby will be on the way soon.  First one.

Hopefully they only had one.    Congrats OH.

Have a safe drive out to Canton.

TechGal, any luck w/ ADT?
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 12:40:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I was kind of underwhelmed with the ARFstore.

I did leave with a T shirt, moral patch and BFL decals for me and the daughter.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 2:11:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Now I'm torn. I was going to get a LPK with an ALG ACT trigger and MOE grip and trigger guard, from PSA but they sold out this afternoon before I could order. Price was $99.

Now I've found the BCM enhanced LPK with their PNT trigger, grip and trigger guard. Price is $87.

The triggers are all I really care about and the PNT and ACT are supposed to be very comparable.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 2:12:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Now I'm torn. I was going to get a LPK with an ALG ACT trigger and MOE grip and trigger guard, from PSA but they sold out this afternoon before I could order. Price was $99.

Now I've found the BCM enhanced LPK with their PNT trigger, grip and trigger guard. Price is $87.

The triggers are all I really care about and the PNT and ACT are supposed to be very comparable.
View Quote
What kind of build is it for?

Link Posted: 7/2/2016 2:14:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

don't bother.. riply and i will send you all of our shit b/c we can't own fucking shit anymore... fucking gerry faggot ass brown..
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 2:48:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
don't bother.. riply and i will send you all of our shit b/c we can't own fucking shit anymore... fucking gerry faggot ass brown..
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol my ass is out of here as soon as possible.

Link Posted: 7/2/2016 2:49:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its for a 6.8 spc.

I'm not going to lie, I bought the BCM kit just now because I'm super impatient to get this build going.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 2:50:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Deal!!!

No Takesies backsies either.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 2:50:49 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Its for a 6.8 spc.

I'm not going to lie, I bought the BCM kit just now because I'm super impatient to get this build going.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its for a 6.8 spc.

Unless you are doing a precision build I've never seen the need for super expensive triggers.

Link Posted: 7/2/2016 2:51:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Unless you are doing a precision build I've never seen the need for super expensive triggers.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its for a 6.8 spc.

This is what I bought.

I'm to poor for super expensive triggers.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 2:53:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

This is what I bought.

View Quote

Should be good to go.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 2:55:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Should be good to go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I bought.

Should be good to go.

I also ordered this stock kit.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 2:56:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

dont blame u.. i should plan too
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 3:02:31 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is what I bought.

Should be good to go.

I like the old carbine stocks besides them grabbing mustache hairs that hurts
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 3:05:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I bought.

Should be good to go.

fun build
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 3:10:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
[
fun build
View Quote

I plan to use a ARP 6.8spcII barrel and bolt and an ALG EMR V3 rail.

I'm not sure on the muzzle device but it wont be a break because I plan to hunt with it.
Thinking about a lucid HD7 red dot but I've not made a final decision.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 6:50:17 AM EDT
[#25]
I wonder if the racoon trap caught anything tonight.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 12:33:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

There's no real need, they're just nice, is all.  Good triggers don't make much performance difference outside of match or long-range shooting, but they're more pleasant to shoot, fondle, and dry fire, so I keep acquiring them like a junkie.

On an AR, I'm not sure there's much need for more than the ALG ACT, or a Rock River Varmint if you like a two stage, both of which are a giant upgrade in feel over the trigger from the typical generic LPK.  If the BCM is comparable to the ACT, I'm sure BiGDAM will be quite happy with it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 12:51:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Stocked up on fireworks tonight before the favored stand of the people I shoot with sells out of all the cool stuff, as they will by early evening on the 4th.  Something I'd not seen before: while the majority of what we shoot here can't be sold in California, someone's now actually brought out a line of fireworks named "Banned in California."  In keeping with my rule that the quality of a firework (or nearly anything else, for that matter) is inversely related to the catchiness of its name, I passed on those.

Stands in Texas have long been restricted to selling in the week leading up to the 4th and from Christmas through New Year's, but I learned tonight that the stands can now be open for (and for a week in advance of) three additional holidays: Memorial Day, Texas Independence Day, and San Jacinto Day, so (county permitting) the stands can now sell in Dec/Jan, Feb/Mar, Apr, May, and Jun/Jul.  Now that the door has opened a bit more, I guess we should start lobbying for some autumnal fireworks holidays.  (Maybe Battle of Gonzales Day, since that's really when Texas first went to war, five months before independence was declared.)

$450 of mortars, clustered rockets, finned rockets, firecrackers, rocket helicopters, roman candles, fountains, etc., plus a memorial fire balloon for one of our number killed last year in a hit-and-run.  We set off a couple of things tonight just to slake the sudden thirst for fire, but the rest can wait for Monday.  It will be loud.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 1:01:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Too bad I don't have the time off.

My uncle has his own stand and the family discount is an awesome thing.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 1:09:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Buy now, shoot whenever.  Most of them don't go bad very quickly.  I doubt we'll get through everything we bought today plus the leftovers from New Years, but what we don't, we'll save for another holiday, or to shoot down at the lake or whatever.  Fireworks are fun, and judging by their worldwide popularity, they're important to the quality of life of most cultures.  It's sad how suburbia has driven them out of many peoples lives.  (I happen to live in a suburban neighborhood where they're shot illegally in large numbers on the 4th and New Years and Cinco de Mayo, but that seems to be pretty rare.)
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 1:41:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Buy now, shoot whenever.  Most of them don't go bad very quickly.  I doubt we'll get through everything we bought today plus the leftovers from New Years, but what we don't, we'll save for another holiday, or to shoot down at the lake or whatever.  Fireworks are fun, and judging by their worldwide popularity, they're important to the quality of life of most cultures.  It's sad how suburbia has driven them out of many peoples lives.  (I happen to live in a suburban neighborhood where they're shot illegally in large numbers on the 4th and New Years and Cinco de Mayo, but that seems to be pretty rare.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not too worried about shooting them this year. There's always next year, plus I spent all my discretionary funds on gun parts, yesterday.
I can complete my lower with all the ordered parts.  Now it's time to start the upper.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 1:45:58 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm convinced my coworkers are trying to kill me by pissing me off so much my heart gives out.

Link Posted: 7/3/2016 2:01:45 AM EDT
[#32]
My BIL juSt shoot a big racoon with my dpms AR off his back porch.

DRT! with Hornady 60 gr tap urban.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 2:57:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm convinced my coworkers are trying to kill me by pissing me off so much my heart gives out.  
View Quote

you must be in management
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 2:59:15 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not really I just end up fixing everything that gets fucked up during the day

Link Posted: 7/3/2016 3:05:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

At least they're not using fire. That shit's scary.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 3:21:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I can complete my lower with all the ordered parts.  Now it's time to start the upper.
View Quote

I'm antsy to build another upper myself though I can't say I have a need for it right now.  I've thought for a while that 6.5G would be my next, but I don't have a use for it that 7.62x39 or .223/5.56 don't already meet.  (And I can't think of much use for any new cartridge that those don't fill, along with .458, for that matter, if I ever get around to loading subsonic.)  If the Russians would hurry up and export us some cheap .300 BO, the choice would be simpler.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 3:30:45 AM EDT
[#37]
I chose 6.8 so I could argue that I needed it as a better hunting rifle.

This wife didn't buy that idea because I've been killing deer for 5 years with my 223 and I've been telling her how great the rifle has done.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 3:33:55 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If they used fire their intentions would be clear at least.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 3:35:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This wife didn't buy that idea because I've been killing deer for 5 years with my 223 and I've been telling her how great the rifle has done.
View Quote

Now you can hunt Elk... so there's that.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 3:56:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think the Dallas zoo would appreciate that very much.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 3:59:05 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just don't shoot anymore gorillas animals have gone ape shit since then. Gators snatching people up at Disney and climbing over fences. Jaguars attacking people at the Olympics.

Link Posted: 7/3/2016 4:47:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Just don't shoot anymore gorillas animals have gone ape shit since then. Gators snatching people up at Disney and climbing over fences. Jaguars attacking people at the Olympics.

View Quote

DPD had exclusive rights to the Gorillas at the Dallas zoo.

Crap, I just bought an ALG EMR V3 blem rail for $119. It was just to good of a price.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 10:57:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Stupid jackasses parked on the highway to watch the fireworks. Who the fuck thinks that's a good plan?
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Stupid jackasses parked on the highway to watch the fireworks. Who the fuck thinks that's a good plan?
View Quote

where?  Are you near grapevine (Gaylord) or some such?
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 11:50:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it was i n downtown Dallas.

I threw a brisket on the smoker today but it didn't get done before I had to leave for work. The wife textedand said it started raining and the temp on the smoker went way down, so she moved into the stove.

Brisket tacos for breakfast.

The pork ribs came out tasty. I could tell because my three y.o. and I ate the whole rack by ourselves.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 11:57:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Good lord.  The little one is 3!?

We watched 11 fireworks shows tonight from the folks' condo.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:26:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Good lord.  The little one is 3!?

View Quote

Yup, 3. Wanna trade me. I could use one that is self supporting during the day,
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:58:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Good lord.  The little one is 3!?

Nothing doing.  He pulls weeds.  Throw in an M-16 lower & I might consider it.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 2:37:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  Good lord.  The little one is 3!?

No deal. For that kind of money I could import a Guatemalan to take care of the kid for me.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:04:27 PM EDT
[#50]
<barf>

How's all in here?
Page / 100
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top