BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:06:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Constitution is designed to limit the government's powers.
Bringing the government back into line with the enumerated powers and greatly reducing it is something that conservatives believe.

Neither of these are bad things.

So other than tell us facts that are well known what do you actually mean by your post?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I meant exactly what I said:

1. The right emphasizes the Constitution in terms of limiting gov powers.
2. The right uses anti-government rhetoric a whole hell of a lot.

These are not particularly wacky assertions, and each is backed by mountains of evidence in this very forum.

Bringing the government back into line with the enumerated powers and greatly reducing it is something that conservatives believe.

So other than tell us facts that are well known what do you actually mean by your post?

I meant exactly what I said. Some apparently don't believe that the right uses anti-gov rhetoric to appeal to its audience. They are wrong. That is all.

Oh, right, you want me to take a stand on the issues, to STATE MY BELIEFS, right? Should I put on the ritual robe and Nike sneakers?

1. Yes, the constitution was designed in many ways to limit gov power, and yay for that.  
2. I find the anti-gov rhetoric from the right Dale Gribble amusing, and I don't really care very much either way about it. It's analytically interesting in that it's such a foundation of the American right, because it isn't a fetish for the right everywhere else, but, whatever...  

Well, I guess it's time to prepare for the folks with pitchforks to come around.      

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:15:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Thing that kills me is that there are NO people on our side that write and point out the extremism on the left or at least refute this bull shit.
View Quote

Sure there are.   They just don't get network airtime very often because most of the non-lefty media outlets are busy carrying water for the old-fart, business-as-usual wing of the GOP.   Those jerkoffs think they have some sort of wink-nudge status quo agreement with the left, meanwhile the left is busy wrecking things to create artificial emergencies and counting down the days until they can stuff their opponents into train cars.

They don't call it the stupid party for nothing.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I meant exactly what I said. Some apparently don't believe that the right uses anti-gov rhetoric to appeal to its audience. They are wrong. That is all.

Oh, right, you want me to take a stand on the issues, to STATE MY BELIEFS, right? Should I put on the ritual robe and Nike sneakers?

1. Yes, the constitution was designed in many ways to limit gov power, and yay for that.  

2. I find the anti-gov rhetoric from the right Dale Gribble amusing, and I don't really care very much either way about it. It's analytically interesting in that it's such a foundation of the American right, because it isn't a fetish for the right everywhere else, but, whatever...  

Well, I guess it's time to prepare for the folks with pitchforks to come around.      

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I meant exactly what I said:

1. The right emphasizes the Constitution in terms of limiting gov powers.

2. The right uses anti-government rhetoric a whole hell of a lot.

These are not particularly wacky assertions, and each is backed by mountains of evidence in this very forum.

Do you know Brian Williams?

You don't rate a pitchfork. Sorry. Keep trying.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:40:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This. If they want to play that game it goes both ways.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bill Ayers left-wing extremism is mainstream in the Democratic Party.

The Dems won't care about that comparison... Ayers is a respected, tenured, college professor in their books, and so is his skank of an accomplice wife
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:46:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ummm... right... except for the right's emphasis on the constitution as limiting gov powers...

Seriously dude, WTF? Do you not notice the sheer volume of seething anti-gov posts here every day?  
View Quote

The problem with that is?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:50:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No, I'm not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ummm... right... except for the right's emphasis on the constitution as limiting gov powers...

Seriously dude, WTF? Do you not notice the sheer volume of seething anti-gov posts here every day?  

You're saying "limiting gov powers" as though it's a bad thing. That's what the Constitution was intended to do, list the specific powers that the federal government is authorized to exercise.

As you seem to be implying that it's not, what is your belief on the role of the Constitution?

No, I'm not.

Yes you are
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:52:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Care to cite some examples of the mainstream right being anti-government in their positions?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#8]
It's funny how so many black people hate the police, but never ever complain about the government. It would seem the people protesting the police are very much anti government to me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:57:11 PM EDT
[#9]
It's all a joke.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:06:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes you are
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're saying "limiting gov powers" as though it's a bad thing. That's what the Constitution was intended to do, list the specific powers that the federal government is authorized to exercise.

As you seem to be implying that it's not, what is your belief on the role of the Constitution?

No, I'm not.

Yes you are

No, I'm not.

Quoted:

Yes, the constitution was designed in many ways to limit gov power, and yay for that.  

Keep insisting and you will simply be a liar. Toodles.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:09:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No, I'm not.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I'm not.

Yes you are

No, I'm not.

Quoted:

Yes, the constitution was designed in many ways to limit gov power, and yay for that.  

Ya see that part there in red. Kinda makes everyone wonder about you.

Kinda lends to the interpretation that you are a Leftist.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:12:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Care to cite some examples of the mainstream right being anti-government in their positions?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.

No, I don't. Find it yourself. It's all over the place.

Also, the sky is blue.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:20:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's a retarded interpretation, but I understand it, given the obsession with identifying the enemy here.

I'll re-state just to spread simian joy.

It pleases me that the intent of much of the Constitution was to limit gov powers, and I recognize the same as 'original intent.'

Thank you very much.

I will expect my loyalty card by mail shortly.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:22:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That's a retarded interpretation, but I understand it, given the obsession with identifying the enemy here.

It pleases me that the intent of much of the Constitution was to limit gov powers, and I recognize the same as 'original intent.'

Thank you very much.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you very much.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:27:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
LOL.

Also, the sky is blue.
View Quote

No.  No, it's not.  There is no mainstream platform that is running on an anti-government theme.  I would however love to read an article as to what you think is an anti-government plank just because I could use a good laugh.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No.  No, it's not.  There is no mainstream platform that is running on an anti-government theme.  I would however love to read an article as to what you think is an anti-government plank just because I could use a good laugh.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL.

Also, the sky is blue.

Well I was talking more about rhetoric to rally the troops rather than formal platform legs.

Here's something from an obvious liberal rag.

Good luck with your eye exam.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I fully support the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and Bill of Rights and want the federal government as limited in its powers as the Constitution sets it out to be. If it isn't expressly written, the power doesn't exist. Marbury v Madison, Wickard v Filburn, and other dubious interpretations be damned.

For Leonard Pitts Jr, the author of the OregonLive.com piece, to tie working for a Constitutionally-limited federal government to a murderous loon is typical of him and his agitprop fellow travelers in the courtesan "press."

He is trying to stifle legitimate resistance and dissent to overbearing government by equivocating speech and advocacy to truck-bombing innocents. He is a propagandist, an agent provocateur, and a cunt.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#18]
If the GOP was actually anti-government I wouldn't be looking at third party candidates every election year...
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Have you all read any of that pitt asshole's racist spew?  Same bullshit.  They used to have his column's in our local paper -- hell maybe they still do I canceled shortly after reading his shit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The Dems won't care about that comparison... Ayers is a respected, tenured, college professor in their books, and so is his skank of an accomplice wife
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bill Ayers left-wing extremism is mainstream in the Democratic Party.

James O'Keefe has a pretty good insight about the Left.  They don't care about rules, law, lying, or hypocrisy.  They care about exploitation, racism, and sexism.  So he  looks for examples of liberals being exploitative, sexist, or racist.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Well I was talking more about rhetoric to rally the troops rather than formal platform legs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL.

Also, the sky is blue.

Yawn.  An opinion piece saying that folks shouldn't mention that most people didn't even notice the government shutdown (which was actually the truth by the way) is your gotcha piece that the right is anti-government.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yawn.  An opinion piece saying that folks shouldn't mention that most people didn't even notice the government shutdown (which was actually the truth by the way) is your gotcha piece that the right is anti-government.
View Quote

That's not remotely a 'gotcha piece.' I don't know what it is with you people. It's like every little thing needs to be an ultimate, final statement.

When Boehner tries to claim, not so successfully, that he is "the most anti-establishment" what sentiments in the party is he trying to tap? A love of good corn dogs?  

Try Google. Learn something. Maybe you can pry yourself out of denial.  

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That's not remotely a 'gotcha piece.' I don't know what it is with you people. It's like every little thing needs to be an ultimate, final statement.

When Boehner tries to claim, not so successfully, that he is "the most anti-establishment" what sentiments in the party is he trying to tap? A love of good corn dogs?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you mean "you people"?

People who actually believe and care about things can easily state what they do believe and often can explain WHY they support something even if it is poorly thought out.  YOU however are not willing to do so because you are a leftist troll.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#24]
The left hates our country but loves the government.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:14:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Holy shit dude did you wake up with a giant iron rod up your ass this morning? Feeling like going marching?

No one is saying the American right is on some kind of kill bender.

The article talks about how anti-gov views, not actions, have become even more mainstream right whereas before they were more on the fringes e.g. McVeigh.

"Twenty years ago, the idea of anti-government resistance seemed confined to a lunatic fringe operating in the shadows beyond the mainstream. Twenty years later, it is the mainstream, the beating heart of the Republican Party. And while certainly no responsible figure on the right advocates or condones what he did, it is just as certain that McVeigh's violent antipathy toward Washington, his conviction that America's government is America's enemy, has bound itself to the very DNA of modern conservatism."

The right is anti government. The right taps anti gov rhetoric constantly in addressing its supporters. It's obvious. Your ridiculous gyrations and absurd accusations of Bolshevism aren't going to change it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The right carries a shitload of anti-gov sentiment. There's no disputing it. The evidence is overwhelming. Your limp name-calling won't change that.

Love the Che T shirt mention. I see you're trying to get your arfcom tough guy cred back. You should call me a statist while you are at it, and then sink back in your La-Z-Boy and gloat.  

LIMITING government. LIMITING. Your deluded spin notwithstanding.  

The Che analogy is apt. I see Che shirts with frequency here in Socialisteattle and elsewhere. Che and his ideology have killed far more people than McVeigh and his ideology have. Never, anywhere, have I seen even one single McVeigh t-shirt. If we all want to be McVeighs, why no t-shirts or bumper stickers?

Tough-guy cred? Classic Couch-Cominkey bolshevik.

Holy shit dude did you wake up with a giant iron rod up your ass this morning? Feeling like going marching?

The article talks about how anti-gov views, not actions, have become even more mainstream right whereas before they were more on the fringes e.g. McVeigh.

"Twenty years ago, the idea of anti-government resistance seemed confined to a lunatic fringe operating in the shadows beyond the mainstream. Twenty years later, it is the mainstream, the beating heart of the Republican Party. And while certainly no responsible figure on the right advocates or condones what he did, it is just as certain that McVeigh's violent antipathy toward Washington, his conviction that America's government is America's enemy, has bound itself to the very DNA of modern conservatism."

The right is anti government. The right taps anti gov rhetoric constantly in addressing its supporters. It's obvious. Your ridiculous gyrations and absurd accusations of Bolshevism aren't going to change it.

anti-government?

shit yesterday you said we were a bunch of christian talibans wanting to use the government to force lesbians to have rapist's babies.

I see very few conservatives who are anti local or even state government.

you seem to confuse the federal government with all government.  which is a common ailment with communists.

the fact that we tolerate your trolling while liberal websites tombstone all dissenters speaks volumes to the hollowness of your idealogy.

Its not the right bemoaning laws in states opening up gun rights and restricting abortion.  how could that be construed as "anti-government"
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:17:41 PM EDT
[#27]
If only the republicans really cared about limiting the federal government.

60% of Americans believe federal government is too powerful
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#28]
You mean the GOP that just confirmed a facist race-baiting bitch for AG (without even getting anything in return)

Yeah, they're a bunch of wild-eyed radicals just waiting to go Snackbar and burn this motherfucker down
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:36:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Don't forget the banks.

When we have a POTUS who routinely commits impeachable offenses,  nothing is said.

A new AG who testified in her conformation hearing that she WILL violate federal laws. And still 51 RINOs vote in her favor.

What fucking difference, at this point, does it make?
View Quote

The only difference is how much time you have left to prepare for what is coming.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:38:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The only difference is how much time you have left to prepare for what is coming.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't forget the banks.

When we have a POTUS who routinely commits impeachable offenses,  nothing is said.

A new AG who testified in her conformation hearing that she WILL violate federal laws. And still 51 RINOs vote in her favor.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:39:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

anti-government?

shit yesterday you said we were a bunch of christian talibans wanting to use the government to force lesbians to have rapist's babies.

you seem to confuse the federal government with all government.  which is a common ailment with communists.

the fact that we tolerate your trolling while liberal websites tombstone all dissenters speaks volumes to the hollowness of your idealogy.

Its not the right bemoaning laws in states opening up gun rights and restricting abortion.  how could that be construed as "anti-government"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The right carries a shitload of anti-gov sentiment. There's no disputing it. The evidence is overwhelming. Your limp name-calling won't change that.

Love the Che T shirt mention. I see you're trying to get your arfcom tough guy cred back. You should call me a statist while you are at it, and then sink back in your La-Z-Boy and gloat.  

LIMITING government. LIMITING. Your deluded spin notwithstanding.  

The Che analogy is apt. I see Che shirts with frequency here in Socialisteattle and elsewhere. Che and his ideology have killed far more people than McVeigh and his ideology have. Never, anywhere, have I seen even one single McVeigh t-shirt. If we all want to be McVeighs, why no t-shirts or bumper stickers?

Tough-guy cred? Classic Couch-Cominkey bolshevik.

anti-government?

QFFT
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I see you're trying to get your arfcom tough guy cred back. You should call me a statist while you are at it, and then sink back in your La-Z-Boy and gloat.  

View Quote

Lol, you of all people posting here meet the cheeto dick stereotype most effectively.  I picture your jowls flopping with each peck of the keyboard.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:42:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't forget the banks.

When the republicans confirm Lynch as AG, who has said she will not enforce certain federal laws, show me where I am wrong.

The Republicans control the House and the Senate, they have the ability to reverse the course or grind it to a halt, and they choose not to.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

anti-government?

View Quote

You know as well as I do that anti-gov rhetoric is a smash hit for troop-rallying on the right.

But sure, I understand that you want to the kiddies to feed off the sallow droplets falling from your fingertips.

So keep on posing.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You know as well as I do that anti-gov rhetoric is a smash hit for troop-rallying on the right.

But sure, I understand that you want to the kiddies to feed off the sallow droplets falling from your fingertips.

So keep on posing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

anti-government?

So keep on posing.

As noted, 60% of Americans polled by Gallup think the federal government is too powerful.

If 60% of people agree with you, then, in a democracy at least, that is a good position to espouse.  but I know you aren't really a big fan of democracy.

you strike me as a one man, one vote, one time kinda guy.

Is your position now that conservatives are fascists against big government?

It really is a mental illness.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:45:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Lol, you of all people posting here meet the cheeto dick stereotype most effectively.  I picture your jowls flopping with each peck of the keyboard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see you're trying to get your arfcom tough guy cred back. You should call me a statist while you are at it, and then sink back in your La-Z-Boy and gloat.  

That's funny, I don't picture you at all, Pip.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#37]
RINOs are like Tim huh???
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:50:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

As noted, 60% of Americans polled by Gallup think the federal government is too powerful.

If 60% of people agree with you, then, in a democracy at least, that is a good position to espouse.  but I know you aren't really a big fan of democracy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

anti-government?

So keep on posing.

No genius, I'm simply a competent observer of obvious rhetoric.

What position do you think I'm espousing here?

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:52:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

anti-government?

So keep on posing.

Denial is the first symptom.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

anti-government?

So keep on posing.

so you admit I am genius.

We are making progress.

60% of americans want something

Republicans, or at least conservatives, make this part of their platform.

communist troll sees a problem with this.

the position you are espousing is that supporting a position a sizable majority of americans support is not only bad, but somehow nefarious.

seriously.  seek help.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:00:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

People who actually believe and care about things can easily state what they do believe and often can explain WHY they support something even if it is poorly thought out.  YOU however are not willing to do so because you are a leftist troll.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is, and you guys are feeding him.  Stop it!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:00:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

We are making progress.

the position you are espousing is that supporting a position a sizable majority of americans support is not only bad, but somehow nefarious.

seriously.  seek help.
View Quote

LOL, nice with the weaseling.  

I never said bad or nefarious. I simply said that the right uses anti-gov rhetoric to rally the troops. That is a fact. It is not a value judgement.

How long will you go on misrepresenting what I have said and/or making up shit I have not said?

Seriously, seek help.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I never said bad or nefarious. I simply said that the right uses anti-gov rhetoric to rally the troops. That is a fact. It is not a value judgement.

How long will you go on misrepresenting what I have said and/or making up shit I have not said?

Seriously, seek help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are making progress.

seriously.  seek help.

Seriously, seek help.

the troops?  you mean 60% of the american people.

And the left uses racism and class warfare (aka communism 101) to rally their troops.  to do stuff like riot and break shit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:06:44 PM EDT
[#44]
you do realize what the word "anti" means right minkey?

these folks calling you out know.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:08:20 PM EDT
[#45]
It's all Bolshevik
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:10:10 PM EDT
[#46]
the author sounds like he's a racist piece of shit based on other articles he's written
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If only the republicans really cared about limiting the federal government.

60% of Americans believe federal government is too powerful
View Quote

Clearly 60% of Americans are radical extremists with views far outside of the mainstream.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

And the left uses racism and class warfare (aka communism 101) to rally their troops.  to do stuff like riot and break shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are making progress.

seriously.  seek help.

Seriously, seek help.

Yes, the left use race and 'social justice' shit as rhetoric...

... and the right uses anti-gov sentiment. It is apparently attractive to 60% of the population at some level. There you go, sugar. That's why they use the rhetoric. And they didn't even need focus groups to tell 'em that shit, because it is such an obviously effective theme.

BTW, just as a formality, I think the gov is way too big and spends way too much money. I don't disagree with the 60%. If I were the cruel overlord, I would drastically cut funds to just about everything except .mil and certain infrastructural problems which need attention, and relate to national security.  

But you go right ahead and continue your fap, brave imaginary commie hunter. I'll be over here, in the adult section.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#49]
People on the right want to reform the government. They can not be anti government if they wish to reform it. You dont know what Anti means.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:23:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
People on the right want to reform the government. They can not be anti government if they wish to reform it. You dont know what Anti means.
View Quote

LMAO.

The answer does not lie in shallow literalism.

The right constantly uses anti-gov rhetoric to gain support, regardless of its, or your, end goal.

Do you really think the end goal and the rhetoric they feed your ass are symmetrical?

Fucking unbelievable... and hilarious...

I guess Mencken was right about a few things.  

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top