Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 296
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After reading the new patch notes I feel like they buffed DD's more same with BB's while nerfing tier 6 and below cruisers.
Before long there will be no ships other than BBs and DDs in game.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
After reading the new patch notes I feel like they buffed DD's more same with BB's while nerfing tier 6 and below cruisers.

Yep.  This is verbatim the strategy employed in world of tanks to continually "balance" the game play.   At one time Arty ruled the battlefield, then they nerfed arty range and dispersion and increased Tank Destroyer camo.   Then everyone cleaned house playing TD's, so they nerfed TD camo and removed many of the features that made TD's good.   So then heavy tanks were unstoppable as they no longer had to worry about getting blasted by Arty or a hidden DD, and could pretty much brawl their way around the map.  Then they didn't know what to do so they buffed the light tanks and gave them auto loading cannons that could just about kill any tank in the game with a magazine dump or two (usually before the enemy tank could reload), so everyone played them, and then the cycle started to repeat itself.

In a way I can't blame them, as if everything stayed static eventually it would be matches that were composed of about 10% of the playable ships, as players figured out the good ships and the not so good ships.   So this does spice things up, drives players to play new ship classes and of different nations, which also gets players rejuvenated, and convinces them to spend $$ on the game for premium time or gold to convert free XP.

Quoted:

Russian DDs will be nearly untouchable gun boats and spell utter death and destruction for any other DD they run into.
CVs will fall further into obscurity.

IMHO, Russian DD's are already kings of the sea compared to other nations, as they have great guns, good maneuverability, and good torpedos.  They are essentially most of the good features of the IJN and US lines, with very few of the bad things.   However, I do think the cruiser nerf could help CV's, as removing AFT will make it harder for cruisers to use their secondaries for AA support.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
They very clearly are attached by Oblong Masterlinks     I would bid 10,000 ft of chain per side, to be safe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My son is in 7th grade and deals with the convoluted crap when it comes to showing his work for math.  Apparently new math requires 15 steps to add two number together

Last thread hijack, promise.

This is what I just got via e-mail to quote on.  Note the lack of a length require on the chains or how they are to magically attach to the "attachment points"

http://i.imgur.com/3cxiKcg.png
They very clearly are attached by Oblong Masterlinks     I would bid 10,000 ft of chain per side, to be safe.

I would also make sure you specify the chains to be made from Unobtanium alloy, just to be sure they are strong enough when connected to the Oblong Masterlinks.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

6 x 9 = ?   merge the two together, then....
69 + 6 + 9 = 84
84 - 8 - 4 = 72
72 - 7 - 2 = 63
63 - 6 - 3 = 54

I got it!!!  Give me a trophy.
View Quote

You are a goddam genius Gump!
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:31:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don't think we will hit 6 million before next week, it's slowed down quite a bit since most are done with everything but the weekly stuff.   I'll be at 240 pearls after this evening since the weekly missions are very easy.  As long at it rolls over to next week for even a day I'd be o.k.  I have done everything except the carrier missions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It kind of sucks that Project R is so popular, that this will keep many players from getting the DD because it will end quickly, unless they extend it again.  

I don't think we will hit 6 million before next week, it's slowed down quite a bit since most are done with everything but the weekly stuff.   I'll be at 240 pearls after this evening since the weekly missions are very easy.  As long at it rolls over to next week for even a day I'd be o.k.  I have done everything except the carrier missions.

Yep. If I grind out all the remaining missions I have, I'll be at 145 before the weekly reset. (the Tier 2 kills thing is my Achilles heel, since I hate both my Tier 2 ships). Would still need 15...which will take about 5 games on Sunday afternoon/evening, but can't do it til then. More like I'd need 20 because I really don't want to finish up the Tier 2.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:34:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yep. If I grind out all the remaining missions I have, I'll be at 145 before the weekly reset. (the Tier 2 kills thing is my Achilles heel, since I hate both my Tier 2 ships). Would still need 15...which will take about 5 games on Sunday afternoon/evening, but can't do it til then. More like I'd need 20 because I really don't want to finish up the Tier 2.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It kind of sucks that Project R is so popular, that this will keep many players from getting the DD because it will end quickly, unless they extend it again.  

Worst case scenario you could try to ram kill in your tier 2 ships.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:54:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Smallbore---my brother was a Plant Engineer for Delphi around Dayton.  His job was like yours--make the stuff the "smart" GM/Delphi engineers drew up and were SURE would work actually do what it was supposed to do..
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:57:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yep.  This is verbatim the strategy employed in world of tanks to continually "balance" the game play.   At one time Arty ruled the battlefield, then they nerfed arty range and dispersion and increased Tank Destroyer camo.   Then everyone cleaned house playing TD's, so they nerfed TD camo and removed many of the features that made TD's good.   So then heavy tanks were unstoppable as they no longer had to worry about getting blasted by Arty or a hidden DD, and could pretty much brawl their way around the map.  Then they didn't know what to do so they buffed the light tanks and gave them auto loading cannons that could just about kill any tank in the game with a magazine dump or two (usually before the enemy tank could reload), so everyone played them, and then the cycle started to repeat itself.

In a way I can't blame them, as if everything stayed static eventually it would be matches that were composed of about 10% of the playable ships, as players figured out the good ships and the not so good ships.   So this does spice things up, drives players to play new ship classes and of different nations, which also gets players rejuvenated, and convinces them to spend $$ on the game for premium time or gold to convert free XP.

IMHO, Russian DD's are already kings of the sea compared to other nations, as they have great guns, good maneuverability, and good torpedos.  They are essentially most of the good features of the IJN and US lines, with very few of the bad things.   However, I do think the cruiser nerf could help CV's, as removing AFT will make it harder for cruisers to use their secondaries for AA support.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Russian DDs will be nearly untouchable gun boats and spell utter death and destruction for any other DD they run into.

I would love for CVs to be relevant again, maybe then I would be able to chase DDs without fearing they will send a massive wall of torps my way before my hydroacustics goes on CD.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:06:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I would love for CVs to be relevant again, maybe then I would be able to chase DDs without fearing they will send a massive wall of torps my way before my hydroacustics goes on CD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I still play my CVs every once in awhile...mostly because I only have a Nicholas and a Langley in the tiers required for ranked battles. I have had some success and some failure with my CV, but I play 2 Fighter/1 Bomber, which means I can usually clear the sky fairly well, but I suck at ship damage.

I had to report someone today. One of my teammates got all butthurt because "the rest of the team deserted him", so he was in chat telling the other team where my CV was.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:51:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Submarines in 2016!?!

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:10:50 PM EDT
[#10]
4,000,000 credits are available now, because 4 M pearls have been collected. Go to Project R and open your treasure chest.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Submarines in 2016!?!

https://youtu.be/4ERqPqBqVQ4

View Quote

Shimakaze is getting Kitakami's torp armament while keeping the Type 93s too!
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:21:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
Oooooooh!!!!

(I don't know what the fuck this means)
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:26:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Oooooooh!!!!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oooooooh!!!!  

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:57:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Oooooooh!!!!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oooooooh!!!!  

It means there will be eleventy billion torps every 30 seconds or so from the opposite side of the map.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 7:12:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Oooooooh!!!!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oooooooh!!!!  

40 torps, that go 20km, and do 20k damage each.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:47:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oooooooh!!!!  

Are they moving it to the Russian DD branch?

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:20:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Just an FYI, maybe some of you already knew this

Even if you are not playing Ships right now, log into the project R website http://worldofwarships.com/en/project_r/treasures and open the chests that require 0 pearls.  There is about 5 million in credits plus camo and flags available without collecting a single pearl.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:26:53 PM EDT
[#18]

from this thread.... http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1835452_.html&page=1&anc=bottom#bottom

100% worth a read....http://www.badassoftheweek.com/wahoo.html

here is a small portion....

The Wahoo returned to sea, and the shit got even more fucking insane. This time they headed for Korea, and they stopped off for fuel at Midway Island (subs ran on Diesel fuel, and the Pacific is a mother big ocean). While there, the crew found some insane Molotov cocktail exploding firebombs the Marines had made to fend off the expected Japanese invasion of Midway. These things were unstable as shit, and the Marines were like, dudes, seriously, don't fuck around with those, they're really really dangerous. Commander Morton didn't give a crap. He put those death bombs in the submarine and headed to Korea. In spite of a particularly fucked-up batch of dud torpedoes, Wahoo sank 9 Japanese ships, including one with the deck gun after they ran out of torpedoes. It was a US Navy record for ship kills in a single patrol.

But, as you might expect, MOrton still wasn't done. Not long after smoking nine warships by himself, Morton found another ship, a smaller one, and Wahoo moved in in to wreck its ass. The were out of torpedoes and out of 102mm ammo for the deck gun, but fuck it, says Morton, use the 20mm anti-aircraft guns. The Wahoo opened up, but all three 20mm guns quickly jammed up. This only made Morton EVEN MORE PISSED. "No problem" says Morton, "get the fucking Death Bombs". Sailors run up to the upper decks with these goddamned Molotov cocktails, Morton orders his ship to dive, pull up directly beside the enemy ship (which was currently trying to blast them with everything they had) and Morton and his men popped up out the hatch and hand threw all of the bombs onto the enemy ship, torching it into a flaming wreck in one of the most balls-out events in Naval warfare since the days of the Roman Empire. The sea off Korea was full of flaming wreckage and floating bodies – the Japanese figured they had been hit with an entire wolfpack of submarines. There wasn't so much as a match stick left on Wahoo, so they returned to Pearl – clean sweep once again.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:55:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Typical bull shit of Wargaming.   Haven't won a game now in 4 days.  Fuck this shit.

Notice that I was able to finally able to stop the bleeding, stabilize the win rate free fall, and  starting to crawl out of the hole from the last time I got fucked by the game, and then BOOM...hits me again.

12 losses I a row over 4 days.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 1:34:59 PM EDT
[#20]
I got my Gearing. The worst part is the wait to get into a game. It's taking forever at this level!
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Typical bull shit of Wargaming.   Haven't won a game now in 4 days.  Fuck this shit.

Notice that I was able to finally able to stop the bleeding, stabilize the win rate free fall, and  starting to crawl out of the hole from the last time I got fucked by the game, and then BOOM...hits me again.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd136/jblomenberg16/WOWs/1330%20game%20wr_zpsluzlzvwe.jpeg
View Quote
if you put half as much energy into winning, as you do into graphing and calculating MM fairness.....

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:09:15 PM EDT
[#22]
holy hell i don't like the gearing's 3 twin mounts. I had them all taken out and had to go toe to toe with a shimakaze in a torpedo bukkake slugfest.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 5:45:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
if you put half as much energy into winning, as you do into graphing and calculating MM fairness.....  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd136/jblomenberg16/WOWs/1330%20game%20wr_zpsluzlzvwe.jpeg

Maybe that is why I'm not winning lately...because it took zero effort for me to copy and paste the link to that chart from the stats website!!  

How'd you guys do after I rage quit last night?   I'm sure you won the next 7 or 8 in a row once my bad luck curse was no longer brining down the division.

BTW, got a link to the XVM you mentioned last night?  I want to make myself even more frustrated with the jacked up MM>  
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 6:19:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Maybe that is why I'm not winning lately...because it took zero effort for me to copy and paste the link to that chart from the stats website!!  

How'd you guys do after I rage quit last night?   I'm sure you won the next 7 or 8 in a row once my bad luck curse was no longer brining down the division.

BTW, got a link to the XVM you mentioned last night?  I want to make myself even more frustrated with the jacked up MM>  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a rumor floating around on the EU forums that the devs are changing ranked MM next season... No one below 45% WR will be able to join, if you lose and get over 1000 base XP you still get a star, irrevocable stars within a rank, if you win and get below 300 base XP you don't get a star... All sounds like exactly what ranked needs, and will probably make Blomenberg quit playing random battles altogether.

ETA: Bingo
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:07:00 PM EDT
[#25]
245 pearls and now what?  I have 147 available and can't buy shit.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:32:09 PM EDT
[#26]
3 battles in my Atlanta today no CV's. 2 battles in my Arkansas and had CV's every time :\.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
3 battles in my Atlanta today no CV's. 2 battles in my Arkansas and had CV's every time :\.
View Quote

i feel your pain.  if i want to fight against CVs in my cruisers, all i have to do is switch from the high alert AA consumable to the hydroacoustic consumable.  this guarantees than my next 12 opponents will each feature 2 enemy CVs and 2 enemy DDs.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:26:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXvWxVCAbOBrQ5_D6c9ot37b6-GvxLI1AHp64yQhA77vZiOGd5kw

One of the battles in my Arkansas one of the CV drivers actually knew what he was doing and got me in a torpedo bomber cross-fire and tore my ass up.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:00:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Just an FYI, maybe some of you already knew this

Even if you are not playing Ships right now, log into the project R website http://worldofwarships.com/en/project_r/treasures and open the chests that require 0 pearls.  There is about 5 million in credits plus camo and flags available without collecting a single pearl.
View Quote

5.3 million, a day of premium, 25x type 3 camou, 10x each kind of signal flag.

Well shit...guess I'd better start the download.  

Well, got the premium, any ways.  Got enough downloaded to do tier 1 fights, will finish downloading tonight.  Tried to beach myself once, so far.  5 fights, 4 wins...everyone broadsides like crazy, I single shoot until I have them led then start dropping rounds as fast as they can load...been switching between he/ap depending on what the hits show.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:27:50 PM EDT
[#31]
kamakaze r is mine!
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:06:00 PM EDT
[#32]
When your team almost gave a fuck, but they caught themselves just in fucking time......

175,499 damage

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:18:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
When your team almost gave a fuck, but they caught themselves just in fucking time......

175,499 damage

http://i.imgur.com/8rIIkWr.png

http://i.imgur.com/8KKvDAL.png

http://i.imgur.com/l4amwWc.png
View Quote

Wow. Out scored even the top guy on the enemy team. Talk about soul crushing.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:06:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
kamakaze r is mine!
View Quote

Your pearls: 262 collected, 164  available
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:25:12 AM EDT
[#35]
277 pearls
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:01:51 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

175,499 damage

I forgot to mention, I torp'd a destroyer.  That's like setting an Atlanta or Mogami on fire.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I forgot to mention, I torp'd a destroyer.  That's like setting an Atlanta or Mogami on fire.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

175,499 damage

Was that the game right after Thunder and I bailed on you called it a night?  
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Had a good game last night and surprised myself with the damage output.  I was complaining (go figure) because I couldn't seem to finish off low HP ships and my shots were just straddling everything.  A couple of big citadel hits helped.   Including when Leisure and I simultaneously put rounds on the Mogami.  36,000hp gone just like that!

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:01:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Messed around for a few hours last night with coopt and then random.  Could use Tier 1 and 2 ships since I did the partial download.

I might be hooked.  Should have the rest of the download done later this morning, paused it so I could play with the samson and, japanese destroyers.  Torpedos will take some getting used to.  Did manage to sink a teammate

When I logged in this morning, all the pearl treasures had showed up so, now have 9 million on hand, instead of 2.5...heh.  The tier 1/2 fighting I did last night earned me 35 pearls, as well, it seems.

Hmmm....8 free ship slots, 4 with starter ships.  Think I'll sell the russian off, after it unlocks the next in line.  And, go with 3 US, 3 Japan, 1 German, and 1 floater.  For now, anyways.  Would be nice if I could swap my leftover 'gold' from WoT, that would be enough for a couple more ship slots if I needed.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:26:44 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Messed around for a few hours last night with coopt and then random.  Could use Tier 1 and 2 ships since I did the partial download.

I might be hooked.  Should have the rest of the download done later this morning, paused it so I could play with the samson and, japanese destroyers.  Torpedos will take some getting used to.  Did manage to sink a teammate

When I logged in this morning, all the pearl treasures had showed up so, now have 9 million on hand, instead of 2.5...heh.  The tier 1/2 fighting I did last night earned me 35 pearls, as well, it seems.

Hmmm....8 free ship slots, 4 with starter ships.  Think I'll sell the russian off, after it unlocks the next in line.  And, go with 3 US, 3 Japan, 1 German, and 1 floater.  For now, anyways.  Would be nice if I could swap my leftover 'gold' from WoT, that would be enough for a couple more ship slots if I needed.
View Quote
something that has been mentioned by others, previously, is that co-op is not a bad way to get enough XP to upgrade your ship, without having to actually play against people in an inferior ship.  Worth noting, it doesn't affect your overall stats.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:03:19 PM EDT
[#41]
when do the week 4 chests unlock?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:17:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just opened mine 2 mins ago, got some premium consumables and some camo.  Nothing great but it was free

Apparently there is a problem on the missions page not updating for some folks, they said they were working on it in the forums.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:34:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I just opened mine 2 mins ago, got some premium consumables and some camo.  Nothing great but it was free

Apparently there is a problem on the missions page not updating for some folks, they said they were working on it in the forums.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmm...wonder if that is what happened? 2 of the 3 changed their 'renew' time.  One went from 3 hours-ish to 14 and the other went from 12-ish to 35+.  ??
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:48:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, free stuff is good.   I have just started using some premium consumables and boy they come in handy at the higher tiers.

5x Premium Consumable Damage Control Party II
5x Premium Consumable Repair Party II
5x Premium Consumable Spotting Aircraft II
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:45:26 PM EDT
[#45]
OH YAY!!!!!!! look what's back....

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:08:54 PM EDT
[#46]
looks like you have to play it on youtube....

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:50:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

https://youtu.be/ugwehwBeIBk

View Quote

Taking the skill out of the game.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:18:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://youtu.be/ugwehwBeIBk

No player left behind!

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:55:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Anyone picked up the chinese knockoff of a russian DD?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#50]
So far, am finding people opponents to be more xp-worthy than co-op.    So I get a ship, do a couple co-op to unlock the first tech and, get used to it; then go for murder and mayhem.  

Still have the Dresden, though might replace it later with the next german cruiser.  Currently with the Wickes, St. Louis, and South Carolina (I am in love) for the US and, the Wakataki and Tenryu with the Japs.

Am almost ready to unlock the Tier 4 stuff, settled on my commanders that I'll keep and transfer up as I go.  Though for Tier 1-3, think I'll keep the Dresden for 2 (for now), and the South Carolina for 3.  Just about have the first Japanese BB unlocked, been focused on the Carolina...sorta been  'Ooooohhhh, I have hammer'  ...though I wouldn't recommend taking on 3 Myogi BBs, though...I sorta had to, to buy time for the carrier to unass and the two Wyoming BBs to get there.  Took one with me so, it was good.  
Page / 296
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top