Quoted:

Ditto, except I'm only up to 177.

ETA: Woot! 197 now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got 185 pearls now. My math says I can't make 260 unless Project R goes into week 4. The 5 points I'm short for not having a CV don't make a difference.

Ditto, except I'm only up to 177.

ETA: Woot! 197 now.

I'm at 192 and if this doesnt last till next week's reset I wont be able to get 260 pearls.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:54:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It kind of sucks that Project R is so popular, that this will keep many players from getting the DD because it will end quickly, unless they extend it again.  
View Quote

I don't think we will hit 6 million before next week, it's slowed down quite a bit since most are done with everything but the weekly stuff.   I'll be at 240 pearls after this evening since the weekly missions are very easy.  As long at it rolls over to next week for even a day I'd be o.k.  I have done everything except the carrier missions.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#3]
5.3 development notes up, Midway and Essex getting their skulls bashed in with the nerf hammer, AFT goes bye bye amongst other things.

Oh, and team battles.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:11:54 PM EDT
[#4]
If I did every mission I have pearls available for--I get 254....

Haven't read patch notes, but are they REALLY taking away a level 4 skill that cost us a bunch of time and credits to earn?

This game is really too bipolar for me, get sick of working my a.. off and earning something--then get it yanked away; or one game can't miss, next game looks like I have a 2 inch long shotgun barrel shooting 00 buck...
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:12:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
5.3 development notes up, Midway and Essex getting their skulls bashed in with the nerf hammer, AFT goes bye bye amongst other things.

Oh, and team battles.
View Quote

Looks like I came back just in time to quit again.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:25:16 PM EDT
[#6]
AFT should never have been implemented like it was in the first place.  No way in hell that the Mogami should be running the 6" guns over the 8"....
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
AFT should never have been implemented like it was in the first place.  No way in hell that the Mogami should be running the 6" guns over the 8"....
View Quote

I don't think the change to AFT will affect that much.  

I kicked ass in the Mogami exclusively with the 6" guns and never used AFT.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#8]
safe to say I carried my team?
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:39:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone having ping issues? I finally got my Hindenburg last night during nearly unplayable ping spikes.
My internet and every other game was fine, even the division beta ran fine.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:54:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Y'all better be on the lookout for this WoWS tough guy

He died early and spent the rest of the match (that we lost) telling me what a shit DD driver I was.  He has a 48% win rate but it's always someone else's fault.  

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

He died early and spent the rest of the match (that we lost) telling me what a shit DD driver I was.  He has a 48% win rate but it's always someone else's fault.  

http://i.imgur.com/abDkNSP.jpg
View Quote

report his ass so he gets a chat ban.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

That guy has almost the shittiest stats (especially damage done, ships destroyed, and survival rate) I've seen for that many battles played.  His 48% win rate is clearly because he gets carried.  He outright sucks at higher tiers - and isn't much better at mid tiers.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:11:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm just putting him on my "accidentally torp if he's on my team again" list .

I think it's funny that his reasoning is that he's played more so that's why his win rate is shitty.  Wouldn't you think you might improve a bit over time?
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:16:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I think it's funny that his reasoning is that he's played more so that's why his win rate is shitty.  Wouldn't you think you might improve a bit over time?
View Quote

Exactly.  That's why I looked at his damage/kill/survival stats.  His are extremely bad - the fact that he played so much only makes him look worse.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:25:58 PM EDT
[#15]
still no clan capability... WTF? it's not that hard to do.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Oh, and team battles.
View Quote

Looks like this patch will be great for DD players.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, and team battles.

It looks like a net buff, but the new skill to boost secondary accuracy will shut down any suicide run attempts.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 3:43:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Glorious Soviet destroyer is much stronger than puny Capitalist navy:

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 3:48:06 PM EDT
[#19]
What range were you getting those citadels? That's ridiculous lol.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Out to 7.5km or so on a perfect broadside target.  Inside 5km against a slight to moderately angled target.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 3:52:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Out to 7.5km or so on a perfect broadside target.  Inside 5km against a slight to moderately angled target.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Impressive. I Citadeled a Omaha to death yesterday when I was in my Blys but I was point blank. It was pretty fun to get 4 Cit's in a DD though.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 4:26:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That guy has almost the shittiest stats (especially damage done, ships destroyed, and survival rate) I've seen for that many battles played.  His 48% win rate is clearly because he gets carried.  He outright sucks at higher tiers - and isn't much better at mid tiers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i can one-up that.  saturday night, i got screamed at by a cruiser who was repeatedly missing his target aft...from a range of 7km.  like 4 straight salvos.  worse, his target was a crippled CA, with less than 5k hp, and the game was already lost.  in the meantime, the cripple took this guy down from full HP to almost dead.  while spectating, i suggested that he work on leads, and try to miss ahead.  he finally killed the guy, then laid into me about being a noob and such.  he messaged me after the game, to gripe at me about my low XP and rage about my overall incompetence.  i had indeed had a bad game (died early), but a quick calc showed that my DPM was ~8000.  he played 19 minutes...for a total of 300xp.  probably less than 1000dpm in a tier 6 cruiser.  

so i looked up his stats.  47.6% wr, <400 average xp, averages ~20k dpg in the cleveland, konig, and nurnburg.  the best part?

he has 3700+ battles.

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Glorious Soviet destroyer is much stronger than puny Capitalist navy:

http://i.imgur.com/TJ4UVsH.jpg
View Quote
I'm guessing you dont have a premium account, maybe?, but FFS! that looks like it should be a 3500 base XP game!

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 4:44:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

so i looked up his stats.  47.6% wr, <400 average xp, averages ~20k dpg in the cleveland, konig, and nurnburg.  the best part?

he has 3700+ battles.

View Quote

Obviously you don't know what your talking about  The more games you play the harder it is to break the 48% mark, thewargod2000 taught me that
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Obviously you don't know what your talking about  The more games you play the harder it is to break the 48% mark, thewargod2000 taught me that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

he has 3700+ battles.

i stand mathematically corrected.

i shall bang my had into the floor until forgiven.

(btw, good to see you in-game last night!)
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

he has 3700+ battles.

Look assholes. Maybe he started with a 33% Win Rate. Now, over the course of 2600 battles, he has managed to work it up to 47%.  Do you know how much getting carried that took him?

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 6:08:06 PM EDT
[#27]
60% of the time my win rates 46% of the time.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:17:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If I did every mission I have pearls available for--I get 254....

Haven't read patch notes, but are they REALLY taking away a level 4 skill that cost us a bunch of time and credits to earn?

This game is really too bipolar for me, get sick of working my a.. off and earning something--then get it yanked away; or one game can't miss, next game looks like I have a 2 inch long shotgun barrel shooting 00 buck...
View Quote

It's not actually going away, I was just being brief. It will still work for anything 130mm and under, and you get a free captain respec for all your captains.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#29]
wait so whats th deal with aft
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:55:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
wait so whats th deal with aft
View Quote

Basically they've created a new level 5 skill that allows you to manually improve the accuracy of your secondaries and AA mounts by manually aiming.   Previously, the level 4 AFT did that for you somewhat automatically as it increased range of all guns under 155mm (so 6" and under), meaning it also improved the efficiency of dual purpose mounts like the US 5" guns and other secondaries.

Where AFT is changing is that it now only improves guns under 130mm, so the 5" guns are still ok, but the 6" guns will no longer get the range buff they had.  That will make the Cleveland, Murmansk and a lot of other ships like very underwhelming as range will come back to where you have to more or less go toe to toe with the ships with heavier guns.

Basically it is a big F-U from wargaming to guys that learned to exploit this skill to their advantage, causing the ultra baddies to cry about the ships being OP.  Rather than reward good game play and working hard to upgrade a ship, or even paying real money for the ship, they screw those guys over to keep the ultra baddies happy.

It was interesting to read some of the discussion on skill based MM for team battles, as well as "newbie" mode.  Pretty much admits they have been screwing with it before, and now are just making it public.  I'll be interested to see just how well it can actually balance ships, since MM already struggles with that right now.   I'm sure it will be as epically full of fail just as it was in Tanks, where it loads up one team with all the really good players in the best tanks, and leaves the other team with the baddies.

Wargaming likes fast games, as it caters to their biggest demographic: the speed grinders that don't care about winning, only about unlocking the next ship in the tree.  The current "Ranked" battles were supposed to allow players of similar skill to compete, but in reality just further rewarded speed grinding, as it was more credits and XP per minute to fail grind than it was to actually play to win.

I'll be interested to see if the Elo player rating system actually results in better players playing against better players.  I think that will be hard to do given the limited volume of players right now.  What I'd like to see them do is use a similar rating system to lock out the tiers, sort of like the existing commander level does.   It keeps that fail grinder from failing his way to a Tier 10 and having no clue how to even play it.

I'm very skeptical that this patch will improve the play of the ultra baddies, and in reality will just negatively impact the guys that actually play to win.   This is a complete repeat of Tanks.  Release really good tanks that have an advantage, trick everyone into buying them (if premium) or spending gold to free xp them, then nerf the crap out of them.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 8:18:02 PM EDT
[#31]
M82--definitely not trying to bust your balls,,,but saying this is a "free" reset when I have worked my as. off to get a certain skill set for my captains, and probably spent over 4000 dubloons to get there....And then WOWS says..."F...  you, we are changing the skill sets and AIN't giving you your money back, and oh, BTW, we F..ed up your favorite ships....."  

I am done being told everything is for "balance"......This is a pretty obvious attempt to make favored classes of ships more desireable, only until everyone quits playing the ships they just raped, so then THEY will(maybe) get a buff, so more people buy into them...
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 9:25:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
M82--definitely not trying to bust your balls,,,but saying this is a "free" reset when I have worked my as. off to get a certain skill set for my captains, and probably spent over 4000 dubloons to get there....And then WOWS says..."F...  you, we are changing the skill sets and AIN't giving you your money back, and oh, BTW, we F..ed up your favorite ships....."  

I am done being told everything is for "balance"......This is a pretty obvious attempt to make favored classes of ships more desireable more money, only until everyone quits playing the ships they just raped, so then THEY will(maybe) get a buff, so more people buy into them...
View Quote

FIFY.  

BTW, got a chat ban today, and it was instant, so must have been a wargaming employee in game.   We had a WAY lopsided match up in our favor.  2 North Carolinas, 1 Amagi, 1 Colorado, to the enemy team's Tirpitz, Colorad, and 2 New Mexicos.    Our NC's and Amagi were not platooned together, but decided to push the 10 line on the Northern Lights map, effectively taking them out of the fight for > 75% of the map (since they couldn't hit C cap due to the islands by D cap).

Needless to say the enemy team capitalized on this, had A-B-C capped and in about 6 minutes had complete map control.  I told the NC's what I thought about their choice of tactics, their IQ, and their lack of ability,  and before I could even go full Bolmehrbreg on them, I got a 24 hour chat ban.   Game was over before the 10 minute mark.

I probably need to cool it a bit, but man I'm so freaking tired of not just kinda bad play, but REALLY REALLY bad game play like that.   There is no possible strategy that can win with our Over matched BB's like that line humping a map, other than the very remote chance of the enemy being equally as stupid and doing the same thing.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I am done being told everything is for "balance"......This is a pretty obvious attempt to make favored classes of ships more desireable, only until everyone quits playing the ships they just raped, so then THEY will(maybe) get a buff, so more people buy into them...
View Quote

Oh I understand. I'm just saying at least they didn't leave you stuck with the skill.

And as far as spending time and money this game... I'm probably the biggest wallet warrior here. I understand.

The AFT nerf isn't going to be as bad as it seems, and it'll get you used to cruiser ranges once you step up to 8" guns... That said, every cruiser needs a range buff T7+.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#34]
so who else is gonna take the tachibana captain and throw it in a ijn bb?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just re-read that update note.  6 skills is a nice starting point for sure, and much better than a typical premium ship.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 2:22:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Had a pretty good game in my Nicholas today...Sunk 4 enemy ships before I got sunk, but then my teammates wandered too far away from the cap and we lost the game.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love Japanese DD's.  I'm 20k from the Fubuki currently and still have my Minikaze.  I recently bought back the Isokaze to complete the tier 4 missions for the Project R pearl crap.  I looked up my stats today and noticed that my highest ever damage game, 144,742 was done in the Isokaze

My top exp game, 5505 was done in the Hatsuharu.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:28:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Tomato heal got nerfed
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:56:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Tomato heal got nerfed
View Quote

WAT?

Fuck I'll be at 245 pearls until next Sunday if this lasts that long
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:25:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Will be at 245 tonight.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 1:07:46 AM EDT
[#41]
By my math, isn't 255 the most mathematically possible right now?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:43:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

245 is the max currently assuming everything done and all the weeklies to this point.  I have 240 because I'm not playing a carrier for 5 points.

Folks in Project R  - Since we passed the 4 million pearl mark we get 4 million credits, you have to go to the treasures page and unlock the case to get it however.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:28:49 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

245 is the max currently assuming everything done and all the weeklies to this point.  I have 240 because I'm not playing a carrier for 5 points.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't you get tired of explaining simple math to engineer types?

It's ok, he probably learned common core engineering.  He's young.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm used to it.

In real life I'm a Re-Engineer.  My job is to take what engineers design and make it so that it works in the real world, not on paper.  You would be amazed at some of the shit I have seen.  The one of the best recently was a small bridge using wire rope for suspension cables that had no way to actually attach the wire to the structure .
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:52:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'm used to it.

In real life I'm a Re-Engineer.  My job is to take what engineers design and make it so that it works in the real world, not on paper.  You would be amazed at some of the shit I have seen.  The one of the best recently was a small bridge using wire rope for suspension cables that had no way to actually attach the wire to the structure .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm used to it.

Do I have to surrender my Engineer card now for my mistake?  

I really did mean 245.  That's what get for posting from my phone from the throne.

I wonder if that is why they extended the goal to 6 million,  realizing that nobody could mathematically reach 260 by 4million.

Speaking of common core, I'm fighting thru that crap right now with my 3rd grader.  Last night we were decomposing basic multiplication facts.

Apparently 6x9 is too hard for some kids to memorize,  but breaking it down into 3x9 + 3x9 is easier ?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:58:57 AM EDT
[#46]
My son is in 7th grade and deals with the convoluted crap when it comes to showing his work for math.  Apparently new math requires 15 steps to add two number together

Last thread hijack, promise.

This is what I just got via e-mail to quote on.  Note the lack of a length require on the chains or how they are to magically attach to the "attachment points"

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:19:32 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I really did mean 245.  That's what get for posting from my phone from the throne.

I wonder if that is why they extended the goal to 6 million,  realizing that nobody could mathematically reach 260 by 4million.

Speaking of common core, I'm fighting thru that crap right now with my 3rd grader.  Last night we were decomposing basic multiplication facts.

Apparently 6x9 is too hard for some kids to memorize,  but breaking it down into 3x9 + 3x9 is easier ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm used to it.

It's easy.....

6 x 9 = ?   merge the two together, then....

69 + 6 + 9 = 84

84 - 8 - 4 = 72

72 - 7 - 2 = 63

63 - 6 - 3 = 54

I got it!!!  Give me a trophy.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:20:45 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

My son is in 7th grade and deals with the convoluted crap when it comes to showing his work for math.  Apparently new math requires 15 steps to add two number together

Last thread hijack, promise.

This is what I just got via e-mail to quote on.  Note the lack of a length require on the chains or how they are to magically attach to the "attachment points"

http://i.imgur.com/3cxiKcg.png
View Quote
They very clearly are attached by Oblong Masterlinks  

I would bid 10,000 ft of chain per side, to be safe.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#49]
stuck at 245 pearls
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:54:01 PM EDT
[#50]
After reading the new patch notes I feel like they buffed DD's more same with BB's while nerfing tier 6 and below cruisers.
Before long there will be no ships other than BBs and DDs in game.

Russian DDs will be nearly untouchable gun boats and spell utter death and destruction for any other DD they run into.
CVs will fall further into obscurity.
Page / 296
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top