Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 41
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#1]
So someone who has what appears to be a terrible driving record and perhaps doesn't have a license and is maybe unable to get insurance, uses customers cars, customers fuel, customers insurance, etc. etc. to run their errands??  Sounds like a good job perk!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:20:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who all is authorized to take these customers cars home from the dealership for diagnosis purposes?

Any tard that happens to be employed there?

Good point. I looked up his driving record.

http://i.imgur.com/noZARJY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tu3rSxf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CvkrZYP.jpg

OP I would make sure that your lawyer  knows about his record. I also see that he has been in trouble for drugs or paraphernalia I would be concern that he left some stuff in my car or that he was dope up at the time od the accident. Also I may have missed it was there a police report.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Because everyone walks around carrying deer hair and blood with them just incase a situation arises.
View Quote

Good thing people in Ohio can't hunt deer, or claim carcasses that have been hit....oh wait.

The police report would be great, as well as a picture of the deer he killed.

Instead, you're going to believe the tech? The same guy who causes tons of accidents and flees accident scenes?  

He was on the way home from school. Such a nice boy..................dindu...............nuffin............

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:22:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is it in fact deer hair?
View Quote

Could be.

Shitbags tend to plan out their deceit fairly well at times and have some plans in anticipation.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Well, without a sample and access to a biologist, I can't say for certain, but it certainly looked like it in the video.

Look, I'll buy it was a deer strike, but if that driving history belongs to the employee that wrecked it, he shouldn't have been working in any "test drive" capacity for his employer.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Good thing people in Ohio can't hunt deer, or claim carcasses that have been hit....oh wait.

Instead, you're going to believe the tech? The same guy who causes tons of accidents and flees accident scenes?  

He was on the way home from school. Such a nice boy..................dindu...............nuffin............

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because everyone walks around carrying deer hair and blood with them just incase a situation arises.

So let me get this straight....your claim is the tech hit a waste management dumpster and then went and shot a deer or claimed a carcass so he could put the deer hair all over the front if the car???  He did this in a span of what 15-30 minutes? Are you seriously delusional? And your basing all of this off of what exactly? From the video that the OP presented to us I think it's a bit more believeable that he hit a deer.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#7]
LOL at the Facebook comments.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:39:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't remember if there is a police report?  There sure as hell better be.  What does it say?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:42:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well, without a sample and access to a biologist, I can't say for certain, but it certainly looked like it in the video.

Look, I'll buy it was a deer strike, but if that driving history belongs to the employee that wrecked it, he shouldn't have been working in any "test drive" capacity for his employer.
View Quote

I think hitting a deer is the most likely explanation....but there are a number of questions involved with this...most notably, why was a service adviser with a very poor driving record doing an "eval test drive"?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:49:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Any idea why "every town for gun safety" has liked every single post on there Facebook?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:52:28 PM EDT
[#11]
After looking at the pictures and watching the video again I am questioning the deer strike even though there appears to be hair in the car. If you look  at the 3rd picture in the area where the hood is raised up it looks like the paint as been rub off to metal. Also in the second picture looking  at the edge of the hood in the same area it looks like the metal is ripped  apart and in the video it looks like scratches running across the hood in the area where it is bent down just above the headlight. Until someone can explain these things I am going to agree with others that the car was driven under something.  If this is true the question now is where did the hair come from?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:57:07 PM EDT
[#12]

I see some are defending the practice of driving the car outside of work for diagnostic testing.

Would those people kindly explain the appropriateness of leaving the customer's car UNATTENDED in a college parking lot?

Is the customer responsible for all the door dings and other possible damage to the unattended vehicle?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:03:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Any idea why "every town for gun safety" has liked every single post on there Facebook?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ol Bloomberg must be an ARFCOMr

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:04:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

maybe we have a "mole"  from those lunatics reading this thread?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:04:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted: Is it in fact deer hair?
View Quote

Maybe he hit a furry.  Wasn't there a CSI episode about that?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:08:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you look at the pictures on the "every town for gun safety" site, its obvious it is anti bloomberg troll site

(Sorry for thread drift)

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I see some are defending the practice of driving the car outside of work for diagnostic testing.

Would those people kindly explain the appropriateness of leaving the customer's car UNATTENDED in a college parking lot?

Is the customer responsible for all the door dings and other possible damage to the unattended vehicle?
View Quote

The car would be unattended sitting in the dealers parking lot or at the techs home as well. It really isn't relevant to the situation. The car wasn't damaged while sitting in the parking lot. It was damaged while road testing the vehicle( which the OP agreed to).

The customer "shouldn't" be responsible for any damage acquired while the vehicle was in the dealers possession. Although admittedly it doesn't always work out like that.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The car would be unattended sitting in the dealers parking lot or at the techs home as well. It really isn't relevant to the situation. The car wasn't damaged while sitting in the parking lot. It was damaged while road testing the vehicle( which the OP agreed to).

The customer "shouldn't" be responsible for any damage acquired while the vehicle was in the dealers possession. Although admittedly it doesn't always work out like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you even read anything before you posted?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:19:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that a dealer's parking lot and someone's driveway are a lot more secure than a college parking lot.  I KNOW how many dings that I got parking in one throughout college.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:21:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I wouldnt care what the guy working for the dealership hit.  Obviously hit something while in their possession, that some major damage, I would scream and shout until i had a new model
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:40:07 PM EDT
[#21]

I love the reviews on their facebook page
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:04:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If your talking to me yes I've read the entire thread. What part exactly of what I said is hard for you to comprehend?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:44:34 PM EDT
[#23]
With the amount of purse swinging going on in this thread, the OP could buy a new car with the change scattered on the ground.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:06:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As soon as Bloomberg announced the name of his new group, a pro-guy guy scooped up the name on facebook and made it into a pro-gun page.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:21:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Why is this story with the pictures and associate information about the shitbag tech not plastered all over the GD section at NASIOC?

Seriously, go post your story there now! NASIOC is the rabid Subaru owners version of arfGD, and they love shit like this.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#26]
You need to make a stand OP. Or else the practice of dealership service techs joyriding in customers cars under the guise of diagnostics will only get worse.  Stop the plague now.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:26:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
With the amount of purse swinging going on in this thread, the OP could buy a new car with the change scattered on the ground.
View Quote

Let's swing our purses together, instead of at each other.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Ohio's wiretap statute only applies to a third party recording/intercepting a communication. Parties to a conversation can record each other.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
lawyer up and take it to them

make sure you get some stock out of the deal too for good measure

Ohio is a one party state.
Record ALL conversations with dealership and representatives.

Ohio's wiretap statute only applies to a third party recording/intercepting a communication. Parties to a conversation can record each other.

Yes, only one party involved in the conversation needs to be aware its being recorded.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:07:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Is it in fact deer hair?
View Quote

My money is on midgets.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

holy shiet, that tech is a bad driver
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who all is authorized to take these customers cars home from the dealership for diagnosis purposes?

Any tard that happens to be employed there?

Good point. I looked up his driving record.

http://i.imgur.com/noZARJY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tu3rSxf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wFp8aoW.jpg

holy shiet, that tech is a bad driver

thought it was posted earlier that the driver was the service manager, now  service adviser not one of the service techs.  drug offenses and underage drinking on record?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:34:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
thought it was posted earlier that the driver was the service manager, not one of the service techs.  drug offenses and underage drinking on record?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

SNIP

thought it was posted earlier that the driver was the service manager, not one of the service techs.  drug offenses and underage drinking on record?
Service Advisor, he was going to class to learn how to be a manager

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

My money is on midgets. manbearpig  FIFY

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it in fact deer hair?

My money is on midgets. manbearpig  FIFY

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:09:47 PM EDT
[#33]
These fuckers who fucked up your car can't stand you.   You embody everything they hate about the world.  Don't let them jit up in your ass.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:10:51 PM EDT
[#34]
If a few people called the dealership saying they just saw the news report about this they would really start panicking.

hahaha!
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:13:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I have a loaner since it went in for service on the CEL last Friday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Spoke with service manager today. According to him we are going nowhere until they talk to my insurance. There was also no mention of whether or not the have ordered a replacement 2015 WRX.

What are you driving right now?  Did they give you a loaner since your car has been taken from you?  Do you have a rental?

I'd drive around every wooded fucking forest area with that loaner then when Bambi gets hit, leave it in their showroom. Just sayin...
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'd drive around every wooded fucking forest area with that loaner then when Bambi gets hit, leave it in their showroom. Just sayin...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Spoke with service manager today. According to him we are going nowhere until they talk to my insurance. There was also no mention of whether or not the have ordered a replacement 2015 WRX.

What are you driving right now?  Did they give you a loaner since your car has been taken from you?  Do you have a rental?

Unlike some people/dealerships, I take great care of what is entrusted to me.  That loaner is in a heated garage and kept under lock and key.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:49:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The OP deserves to be made 100% whole, due to the dealership letting morons fuck with his car outside terms of the agreement. Not OP's fault that the dealership had a shitbag employee, or had lax rules.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much does the "little consumer vs big business" mentality play into these situations? If the scenario involved a small mom 'n pop type operation and the restitution demanded would put them on the brink of bankruptcy, would as many posters hold the same opinion?  Where does that line lie?

The OP deserves to be made 100% whole, due to the dealership letting morons fuck with his car outside terms of the agreement. Not OP's fault that the dealership had a shitbag employee, or had lax rules.

This.  100% whole.

If the dealership wants to take the legal gamble of a less-than-whole insurance settlement to save a couple thousand dollars, that's their choice, and their risk.  Whole should be the standard, and if being made whole incurs legal expenses, then that should all be part of it.  

Whether it was Charles Manson of the Pope doing the diagnostic drive, I don't think it matters with regard to making the owner of the car whole.  If it's the former, then the dealership should be thinking really hard before giving the owner the run around.

It's a calculated decision by the dealership.  Let's see how they roll the dice.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:52:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Whoa.  Just saw this part.

They chose ... poorly.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:15:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blowing up their Facebook now isn't going to help you - it is probably going to hurt you in the long run.
That should have been a last resort - you don't want them to make the decision to stop dealing with you, lock down their FB page, stop dealing with you, & make a post stating "dealerships insurance repaired the car with no cost to the owner" (or something like that) if your goal is to get them to give you a new car.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:19:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Blowing up their Facebook now isn't going to help you - it is probably going to hurt you in the long run.
That should have been a last resort - you don't want them to make the decision to stop dealing with you, lock down their FB page, stop dealing with you, & make a post stating "dealerships insurance repaired the car with no cost to the owner" (or something like that) if your goal is to get them to give you a new car.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The dealership originally replied on Facebook they were investigating the wreck.  Now it appears they just delete the comments.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't personally blow up their FB, but many others did and I don't blame them.  Locking down their FB and turtling doesn't save them from the multitude of FB groups, forums, reddit and personal pages that are talking about it.  They already made the decision to fuck me.  I'm not worried about it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:24:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The dealership originally replied on Facebook they were investigating the wreck.  Now it appears they just delete the comments.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right, once they make a determination that they can't make the OP happy, or that it won't matter what they do from this point forward, they will just stop taking his calls & refer him to their insurance company.
Never shoot all your bullets at once...
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:28:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Right, once they make a determination that they can't make the OP happy, or that it won't matter what they do from this point forward, they will just stop taking his calls & refer him to their insurance company.
View Quote

Let me correct  that for you:

Once the dealership decided to abdicate all responsibility and try to screw the car owner, potentially as a coverup for their negligence, they resort to deleting their Facebook comments in a futile effort to stop negative publicity.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Holly shit!

New car like everyone said.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:36:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

OP didn't get a new car.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any good place will take care of the problem.  I work in a large retail chain that has well over 2000 stores in the country.  Since I've been there I have seen 5 or so bad wecks in the last 11 years.  It has always been the other drivers fault, and the car owners have always been taken care of by out shops insurance.  I'm glad you got a new car OP, it's good to see a place do a stand up thing.  I work in NJ, so it sucks.  The land of making left turns from the right lane and thinking yield sign means go.....

OP didn't get a new car.  

Oops, I thought he said he was
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:37:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Once the dealership decided to abdicate all responsibility and try to screw the car owner, potentially as a coverup for their negligence, they resort to deleting their Facebook comments in a futile effort to stop negative publicity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But you don't know that they didn't make that decision already.
They tried (& failed) to put it on the OP's insurance, now they are going through theirs.
Their insurance might even require them to do that first, you don't know what their policy requires.

Car will be fixed either way, now the issue is what they will do for him after the car is fixed.
If the goal is to get them to tell OP to fuck off, then you're on the right track.
If the goal is to get them to take back the car & give him a new one, this isn't going to work.

Anybody with a business page is going to delete negative comments - it would be stupid to leave them there - so this isn't a surprise.
At the end of the day they'll post something about the situation being rectified through insurance (& maybe even say that the employee involved no longer works there - not sure how they could keep him after this & after they see his driving record).
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've already been contacted by the local news media.  There may be a story in the works.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:39:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any good place will take care of the problem.  I work in a large retail chain that has well over 2000 stores in the country.  Since I've been there I have seen 5 or so bad wecks in the last 11 years.  It has always been the other drivers fault, and the car owners have always been taken care of by out shops insurance.  I'm glad you got a new car OP, it's good to see a place do a stand up thing.  I work in NJ, so it sucks.  The land of making left turns from the right lane and thinking yield sign means go.....

OP didn't get a new car.  

A lot of different people at the dealership were involved & they apparently changed their minds.
OP is in limbo now, all he knows is that their insurance will pay to repair the car.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:41:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

their reply is still there, as well as the questions from people asking about the outcome of this situation.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Well now I know where to NEVER take my Subaru.

Have some friends looking at WRX's. I'll let them know to avoid this place.
Page / 41
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top