BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 41
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:48:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Because everyone walks around carrying deer hair and blood with them just incase a situation arises.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I also see multiple crashes in there.  Hit skip, Failure to yield, and assured clear distance are of course all citations issued for crashes.

But you have to believe him man, he said it was a deer.

Based on the hair in the video, I'd say it was a deer.

A very small deer, hit at high speed, so that when it was hit, it fucked the front end up and then missed the windshield. I'd be curious if the last top speed was recorded with a timestamp somewhere in the car's smart bits.

I don't trust pieces of shit that hit/skip.

Not like you can't smear deer hair and shit all over a wreck.

The tech has a history of hitting shit and driving poorly, and leaving accidents.

It's almost always what it looks like.

Because everyone walks around carrying deer hair and blood with them just incase a situation arises.

It's standard BOB stuff.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:48:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I've already been contacted by the local news media.  There may be a story in the works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Right, once they make a determination that they can't make the OP happy, or that it won't matter what they do from this point forward, they will just stop taking his calls & refer him to their insurance company.
Never shoot all your bullets at once...

Let me correct  that for you:

Once the dealership decided to abdicate all responsibility and try to screw the car owner, potentially as a coverup for their negligence, they resort to deleting their Facebook comments in a futile effort to stop negative publicity.

I've already been contacted by the local news media.  There may be a story in the works.

Good to hear.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:48:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I didn't personally blow up their FB, but many others did and I don't blame them.  Locking down their FB and turtling doesn't save them from the multitude of FB groups, forums, reddit and personal pages that are talking about it.  They already made the decision to fuck me.  I'm not worried about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
With the amount of purse swinging going on in this thread, the OP could buy a new car with the change scattered on the ground.

Let's swing our purses together, instead of at each other.  

Blowing up their Facebook now isn't going to help you - it is probably going to hurt you in the long run.
That should have been a last resort - you don't want them to make the decision to stop dealing with you, lock down their FB page, stop dealing with you, & make a post stating "dealerships insurance repaired the car with no cost to the owner" (or something like that) if your goal is to get them to give you a new car.

I didn't personally blow up their FB, but many others did and I don't blame them.  Locking down their FB and turtling doesn't save them from the multitude of FB groups, forums, reddit and personal pages that are talking about it.  They already made the decision to fuck me.  I'm not worried about it.

FAX # ? I would guess if they received a FAX of your wrecked car from a a lot of people they would be unhappy.

Just sayin' ...
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I just cannot fathom how the owner or GM of that business did not have the following thoughts,

"A news story or bad publicity in general could cost me a lot more than a single new car, for which I swap his damaged car that I can repair and sell to mitigate my losses"
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:59:23 PM EDT
[#5]
OP if I were you and it come to having your car fixed I damn sure would let this dealership do it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:14:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Right, once they make a determination that they can't make the OP happy, or that it won't matter what they do from this point forward, they will just stop taking his calls & refer him to their insurance company.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
With the amount of purse swinging going on in this thread, the OP could buy a new car with the change scattered on the ground.

Let's swing our purses together, instead of at each other.  

Blowing up their Facebook now isn't going to help you - it is probably going to hurt you in the long run.
That should have been a last resort - you don't want them to make the decision to stop dealing with you, lock down their FB page, stop dealing with you, & make a post stating "dealerships insurance repaired the car with no cost to the owner" (or something like that) if your goal is to get them to give you a new car.

The dealership originally replied on Facebook they were investigating the wreck.  Now it appears they just delete the comments.

They can make the OP happy, but are they willing to do what's necessary.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OP if I were you and it come to having your car fixed I damn sure would let this dealership do it.
View Quote

Don't know about OH, but in the states I have lived in, the owner of the vehicle picks the  body shop of their choice.  IF I had to get that car repaired, I would seek out a body shop with the highest rated best recommendations in the state.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:25:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
New car like everyone said.
View Quote

Not everyone has said that.  Most have though.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:05:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Dealer insurance will want to fix it.  They aren't going to give you a new car.  Op gonna get hosed.
View Quote

The owner of the dealership could over ride that I think.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:12:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Put a deer in the showroom

Next morning "holy fuuuuc"

The deer did it
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:12:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

He agreed to an extended test drive, as others have stated as well, that can and does included normal driving and normal stops. If I was to take to a customers vehicle home for a test drive and needed to make a stop at the store that is acceptable. I feel like like most in this thread are putting way to much emphasis on the book as if it's some sort of smoking gun. It's actually irrelevant to the story. I keep seeing the phrase "joyriding" thrown around a lot yet I don't think people grasp what that means. No one was joyriding in the OP's car. There was an unfortunate accident involving a deer that one would assume was entirely unavoidable, the end destination or starting point of the test drive has no bearing on the situation.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The dealership doesn't owe him a new car, as has been repeatedly stated.  They only owe him what the car was worth before the crash.  The mileage is irrelevant. The car could have 1,500 hard track miles.  Would you expect a brand new car then?  The arrogance of some of you is truly astounding.

The car was being used outside of the agreement between the owner and the dealership. They owe him.

No it wasnt, Although i do agree the dealer should make him whole again.

The agreement was for them to drive the car home to diagnose the issue.

Would driving across the state with it, taking your kids to soccer practice, DDing for your friends/working for Uber be allowed in your world?

He agreed to an extended test drive, as others have stated as well, that can and does included normal driving and normal stops. If I was to take to a customers vehicle home for a test drive and needed to make a stop at the store that is acceptable. I feel like like most in this thread are putting way to much emphasis on the book as if it's some sort of smoking gun. It's actually irrelevant to the story. I keep seeing the phrase "joyriding" thrown around a lot yet I don't think people grasp what that means. No one was joyriding in the OP's car. There was an unfortunate accident involving a deer that one would assume was entirely unavoidable, the end destination or starting point of the test drive has no bearing on the situation.

I think the point being argued is......if the guy wasn't somewhere he "shouldn't have been", in all fairness, the accident would not have happened.
In your world going to college in a customer's car may seem reasonable as they signed off on a test drive.

Please tell us the last time you heard any tech in the industry explain in detail that the "driving home and back" portion of a test drive included any and everything a tech might decide they need to do while in possession?
Are you really trying to convince us any customer would be ok with that, if you used plain language?

"Yeah, our tech was on the way to a drug buy, and had a deer strike. Since a deer strike is unavoidable, you need to call your insurance co...."
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#12]
A competitor dealership should offer to take the OP's car in trade for a brand new car even up just to win all the publicity

It would pay for itself 10 X over in new customers who heard the story

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:18:55 PM EDT
[#13]
OP, did you get a copy of the police report?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:22:00 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who all is authorized to take these customers cars home from the dealership for diagnosis purposes?

Any tard that happens to be employed there?

Good point. I looked up his driving record.

http://i.imgur.com/noZARJY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tu3rSxf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CvkrZYP.jpg

Seems you might have some ammo there, friend.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:23:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just cannot fathom how the owner or GM of that business did not have the following thoughts,

"A news story or bad publicity in general could cost me a lot more than a single new car, for which I swap his damaged car that I can repair and sell to mitigate my losses"
View Quote

Very true you know
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:28:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I see some are defending the practice of driving the car outside of work for diagnostic testing.

Would those people kindly explain the appropriateness of leaving the customer's car UNATTENDED in a college parking lot?

Is the customer responsible for all the door dings and other possible damage to the unattended vehicle?
View Quote

But he signed off on it, man!

Now of course it's completely irrelevant that it wasn't explained to him exactly what he signed off on, and what it entailed.
That, obviously, isn't the dealership's problem, he should have just KNOWN.

Catch up, will ya?

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:31:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
A competitor dealership should offer to take the OP's car in trade for a brand new car even up just to win all the publicity

View Quote

Excellent thought.  Plus I would want a new car from a different dealer anyway.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:44:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I thought Subaru was "All about Love"?  I guess this dealership didn't get the memo.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:53:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me correct  that for you:

Once the dealership decided to abdicate all responsibility and try to screw the car owner, potentially as a coverup for their negligence, they resort to deleting their Facebook comments in a futile effort to stop negative publicity.

Make sure to give them the adviser's driving record
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:57:28 PM EDT
[#20]
OK, which one of you posted this one?

Poop
poop the world r u doing well and I will be there shortly that I work
with you r u doing well and that you can be used to have to do that yet
to receive a free to contact you about it is a lucky man I am not a
problem with this is the new trinity river bottoms the house is what I
have to do with the utmost respect for a drink sometime in my opinion is
the only way I hope that you can also do not wear hats off work and I
am a beautiful you can get a new fence this weekend and we are you going
on your own business y I will not uy o ya get a new fence this summer
to be done by the way you talk with your friends and relatives in the
back by then and now the question is expected to y the world is not the
only thing I can do to make it a good day to you by the time to do with
the place for so long as I wish to be done by a couple questions or
comments on the positive and I have to be done by a friend of a
kind.Thank my name of a kind and of course I will not only is it a good
time to get up and down the road and then the rest is history and
culture and I will be 12 to the arboretum since the last few weeks ago
by Siobhan closing the house of Representatives of the Galaxy tab on a
bike is the a attic the world has ever had to do with the utmost respect
to the house and Senate to be the best way for me know to expect from
to a great T the world is treating your profile page to see the house if
your you are can you tell us how you to are say the that same I year
ago and have it the way same thing as the first go around and see what
if you I am would have to do that with you a message lot of people love
you to know if I could not have a great weekend and we I am a manager of
my family short is term the paper house and of the past Galaxy nexus
Note from the first year of high the house world has ever been seen the
world has of a kind words about you can are a the least amount of money
for a your profile and felt articles that on the positive feedback and
on the

View Quote

wtfdidIjustRead.jpg

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:59:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Snip

I bet the news team can do some digging and get the State records that the OP was looking for

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:03:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I bet the news team can do some digging and get the State records that the OP was looking for

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Snip

That would be epic. Then they could question the owner as to why he lets such shitty people drive customer cars and if he revealed the driver'S shit driving record to OP before he agreed to this test drive.Of course the owner probably wouldn't answer questions and would probably dodge the reporters.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:06:27 PM EDT
[#23]
In on page 22
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:12:39 PM EDT
[#24]
In for the outcome
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:14:09 PM EDT
[#25]
posting for those w/o facebook, this was just posted by the dealer:

We've been following everyone's comments and concerns, and want to reply with a timely response, when we have accurate information that we are able to share.

We are working with the owner, his insurance company, our insurance company, and everyone else directly involved, in order to gather the facts and try to resolve things to a positive outcome. Social Media sharing is very fast, but the communications process between people and companies does take a little more time. We want to have accurate facts before posting prematurely.

The NASIOC forum, for one, is a very tight knit enthusiast group, with owners who are passionate about their Subarus, of other owners they've chatted with but may have never met, and respect of everyone's vehicles and mods. We appreciate that enthusiasm, and are seeing how everyone comes together to support one of it's members during a difficult time.

Our Owner, General Manager, Service Manager, and Service Advisor have all been in contact with the owner. We'd like to thank the owner of the WRX for his time and willingness to work with us towards a resolution.
There are a few different descriptions that have been posted about what occured and the circumstances that surround it. We are still talking to everyone involved in this situation, and ask some time so that those that are part of this can gather the facts, and not make social posts that may be inaccurate. We are trying to resolve an unfortunate accident, and have a positive outcome. This customer, and all customers, are people that we care about and we want each and everyone to have an excellent experience with us, where we can know and respect each other.

Deer are very unpredictable, and especially difficult to see in the evening when running out from the woods into the road. No one wants to hit a deer, no matter what age or type of vehicle. This accident happened with the newest model WRX and very low mileage. We know Subaru owners, and especially WRX owners, are extremely enthusiastic and heartfelt about their vehicles.

As things are worked out, we will try to post and let you know about the situation. Thanks again and we wish everyone safe driving.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:21:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

We've been following everyone's comments and concerns, and want to reply with a timely response, when we have accurate information that we are able to share.

deleted text

As things are worked out, we will try to post and let you know about the situation. Thanks again and we wish everyone safe driving.

It would have taken me (if I owned that dealership) no more than an hour or four to realize that we owed the OP a new vehicle.  Call the insurance company to see if they cover it.  Tell the OP that he will get a new car but we need to see if our insurance will cover it.  How long would that take?

Meanwhile tell the OP to evaluate what he wants in a new car and if there are higher costs, we will negotiate what we will pay for his trouble.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:26:27 PM EDT
[#27]
1) Why was check engine light on with just 1300 miles?
2) Check engine light diagnosis is a plug into OBD port, gather data, and fix problem. There is not a need to keep the vehicle and go extended test drives, even if they say they were trying to perform a drive cycle to reset codes. Let customer drive it after repair.
3) What was the exact mileage on the vehicle when it was dropped off and the mileage at time of accident? Much more than 10 miles and and you have proved your civil case.
4) That is serious damage. Where is police report, photos, and deer? Not filing a police report with that kind of damage is leaving the scene of an accident.
5) Why were there college textbooks in vehicle? Agree it appears this was not repair related and dealership is responsible for person driving vehicle.
6) Two words- frame damage.
7) It is a salvage vehicle now.
8) Air bag deploy?
9) You have a good civil case and a good lawyer should be able to get replacement plus money back to you for dealing with all this crap. A jury or judge would be sympathetic  because they would not want this to happen to them. In the long run it cheaper for the dealer to eat it than take the hit of bad publicity and losing a court case and paying your legal bills.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:32:57 PM EDT
[#28]
What the fuck does your insurance have to do with this? Nothing! Fucking absolutely nothing.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:48:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

wtfdidIjustRead.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Poop poop the world r u doing well and I will be there shortly that I work with you r u doing well and that you can be used to have to do that yet to receive a free to contact you about it is a lucky man I am not a problem with this is the new trinity river bottoms the house is what I have to do with the utmost respect for a drink sometime in my opinion is the only way I hope that you can also do not wear hats off work and I am a beautiful you can get a new fence this weekend and we are you going on your own business y I will not uy o ya get a new fence this summer to be done by the way you talk with your friends and relatives in the back by then and now the question is expected to y the world is not the only thing I can do to make it a good day to you by the time to do with the place for so long as I wish to be done by a couple questions or comments on the positive and I have to be done by a friend of a kind.Thank my name of a kind and of course I will not only is it a good time to get up and down the road and then the rest is history and culture and I will be 12 to the arboretum since the last few weeks ago by Siobhan closing the house of Representatives of the Galaxy tab on a bike is the a attic the world has ever had to do with the utmost respect to the house and Senate to be the best way for me know to expect from to a great T the world is treating your profile page to see the house if your you are can you tell us how you to are say the that same I year ago and have it the way same thing as the first go around and see what if you I am would have to do that with you a message lot of people love you to know if I could not have a great weekend and we I am a manager of my family short is term the paper house and of the past Galaxy nexus Note from the first year of high the house world has ever been seen the world has of a kind words about you can are a the least amount of money for a your profile and felt articles that on the positive feedback and on the

wtfdidIjustRead.jpg

You just read the result of a mix of ambien and alcohol.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:52:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What the fuck does your insurance have to do with this? Nothing! Fucking absolutely nothing.
View Quote

No shit, why would OP's insurance want to pay out to repair/replace a car wrecked by the dealer's lackey, who has a documented history of traffic and other violations.

Especially if it was the adviser and not the tech who was supposed to be driving the car home.  I'm sure OP's rates wouldn't go up
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:09:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That would be epic. Then they could question the owner as to why he lets such shitty people drive customer cars and if he revealed the driver'S shit driving record to OP before he agreed to this test drive.Of course the owner probably wouldn't answer questions and would probably dodge the reporters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Snip

And have the resources to have the air bag data analyzed.  It is one thing to hit a deer at the speed limit, it is a whole other thing to hit a deer at WRX speeds.    Of course, you would have to gain access to the air bag computer.     The data that is there:

Engine speed (5 seconds pre-impact)
Throttle position (5 seconds pre-impact)
Brake status (5 seconds pre-impact)
Vehicle speed (5 seconds pre-impact)
State of driver's and/or passenger's seat belt switch
State of warning lamp
State of passenger's front air bag suppression switch circuit
Time from vehicle impact to air bag deployment
Ignition cycles
Time between non-deploy and deploy event (if within 5 seconds)

Could make for an interesting read, if it is still there and has not been wiped.  Not having a police report makes me wonder if the OP has gotten the whole story.

Edit:  Apparently, Subaru's data can be accessed by the dealer.

ref:   http://www.airbagcrash.com

Manufacturers not using the Bosch CDR tool:

Hyundia / Kia: Using a tool manufactured by
Global Information Technology (GIT).

Subaru: Dealer scan tool plus software.

Mitsubishi: Toughbook and interface part # MIT540031-EDR.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:16:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

You Sir win!!
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:17:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Again, is there a police report of the accident?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:31:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Could make for an interesting read, if it is still there and has not been wiped.  Not having a police report makes me wonder if the OP has gotten the whole story.
View Quote

Like I said, a big green "deer"
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:33:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Starting to pick up some steam on NASIOC, this is good.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2698393

Now it needs to get to Jalopnik if they keep playing hardball. Jalopnik is the reddit of the car nerd world, and things will get interesting with the quickness.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:41:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Dealer is in CYA mode now with that facebook post.  

The dealership should have never let this "issue" get this far.  

The poor employee who handles the fb page has some work to do.  It seems comments are deleted on a very regular basis.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:46:09 AM EDT
[#37]
So the "service advisor" had a paraphernalia charge, I wonder if he was going on a Bud run after classes, maybe why no police report yet.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:00:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:27:02 AM EDT
[#39]
1320Video.com just picked up the story.  They have 2 million Facebook followers.

My inbox just went kerplunk.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:29:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
1320Video.com just picked up the story.  They have 2 million Facebook followers.

View Quote

It probably hit a deer.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:38:54 AM EDT
[#41]
So if  doing warranty work is bad for techs because they don't receive due compensation, then why doesn't the service manager work with the manufacturer and get the book times updated?  Also, techs don't like working if they aren't getting paid, so how does taking a customer's car home after work uphold that argument?   Now the tech is diagnosing, correction, now the tech is working off the clock.  

I don't work in a dealership so my comments aren't valid.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:40:21 AM EDT
[#42]
So one of the "Sales Assistants" had her Boyfriend start making racist comments, derogatory comments about firefighters and sniping people complaining.... This train wreck is just getting started.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:49:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Just saw this on 1320 video.

This will continue to go places now that they have the hounds on it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:49:27 AM EDT
[#45]

lol that is going to do great things for her career at that dealer
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:56:22 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View All Quotes

Sorry about your car. I cannot believe they did not bite the bullet apologize and take the ass fucking themselves, give you a new car, fix and throw the fucked up one at auction, take the haircut and make themselves look good in the process.

someone should be posting the these photos to their page so little Allison can't get out from under her retarded boyfriend. BTW, did you take a peak at his unsecured and public FB page?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:56:41 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
I think alot of people are going to have a case of the mondays at that shop come day after the superbowl

on the bright side, NE Ohio, if you have a shitty driving record, or have a racist boyfriend, there is a job waiting for you at Adventure Subaru!

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:58:10 AM EDT
[#48]
ooooh man this shits about to get epic
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:00:50 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

ooooh man this shits about to get epic
View Quote

This has surpassed epic.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:02:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It probably hit a deer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It probably hit a deer.

Page / 41
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top