Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:17:19 AM EDT
[#1]
24" about 30 miles east of NYC!

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:18:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#3]
People living on the coast are going under salt water.
https://twitter.com/NWSBoston/status/559997657272582145/photo/1
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I sooooo wish OP was in the middle of Boston right now. Come on up and show us what you're made of, OP. We could all use a good laugh.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What are you?   Some kind of Global Warming Denier?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

While we won't meet their predictions, in all fairness, it is still snowing here.

I'm glad I got to leave early last night and didn't have to go in today. Hopefully the roads will be decent tomorrow.

Snowing

January

New England

shocking and "unexpected"???

I remember the drive way edges having snow pack in June after being stacked 8' in February and parking lot lights still surrounded with snow/ice into August

What are you?   Some kind of Global Warming Denier?  

Damn Skippy..
I expect to be beheaded by Greenpeace any day now..
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:23:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The East Coast is more important than anywhere on the planet, other than Hollywood.
View Quote

yes they are....
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:24:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Snowing pretty damn hard, you would be a fucking idiot to travel in this anways.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:26:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Just because I never get tired of this one...

Be careful out there guys.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:28:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Seriously though, OP, the mid-Atlantic up through NYC has about 5 times the population and a whole lot less space than the midwest. Hence why the traffic sucks even during good weather.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:29:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Were being conditioned to panic and plea for help at the slightest hint of anything out of the norm.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:30:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Sigh, some areas have to declare a snow emergency to ban road travel because their population is too ignorant and lacks the common sense to do it on their own.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dry run to see how the peasants respond to Marshal Law?

*tightens tin foil*

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/data/2041/ScreenHunter_375_Jan_27_17_33.jpg

I'm ready!  

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:33:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
All the streets were clear, snow covered but cleared, and they put on a TRAVEL BAN ? ? ?
View Quote

read and learn:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1711829_New_Yorkers__a_question_.html&page=1#i51722388

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
All the news? programs ranting about how bad the weather is there, all the cities shutting down

YET

I saw NOTHING to warrant shutting down anything, I think Boston had the most snow 11"
All the streets were clear, snow covered but cleared, and they put on a TRAVEL BAN ? ? ?

What a bunch of MORANS.

I can't believe how screwed we are as a country.

View Quote

ya so 60 mph winds and drifts up to 4ft life should just be normal in major metropolitan cities.

What's wrong with you ?

It's like these idiots way the hell up in Maine with populations of 4 people saying 3 ft is just another Tuesday while they sit home all day and wait for .gov cheese.

it's a little different when you have populations of over 200k people.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:38:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Because the snow is later than forecasted?  Snow is notoriously difficult to predict.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:39:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Weathermen have boring lives. When they get a chance to proclaim Armageddon they ride that pony as far as they can.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:45:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
All the news? programs ranting about how bad the weather is there, all the cities shutting down

YET

I saw NOTHING to warrant shutting down anything, I think Boston had the most snow 11"

What a bunch of MORANS.

View Quote

Gotta hype the global warming blizzard. It's science yo.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#18]
The travel ban is just a way to let the plows and police work.  They never actually prosecute people who need to go out.  If you saw what the roads look like near me (20 miles north of Boston) you wouldn't want to be out on the roads anyway. Snow drifts up to 2' and there are still hours to go.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:52:28 AM EDT
[#19]
It looks like 18" or so, here, 12 miles east of Hartford, CT, but it's still snowing.

I think our highways have only been shut down once before, but our brave governor, whom we just re-elected, wants to look like a hero.

Besides ... it's for the children, don't you see.

ETA: The assholes are saying that New York City "Dodged a Bullet" so I guess NYC ran away and hid somewhere, while the storm went by.

Idiots!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:55:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just because I never get tired of this one...

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww3/sciotoville/Afrcom/Bumble.jpg

Be careful out there guys.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:59:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Alaskans are laughing right now.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:02:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

No they aren't. It's winter there, they're drinking heavily.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:05:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do that year round.  In between sips, they're laughing at the yankees.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:07:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've got over 20" in my yard so far (less than 40 mins from Boston), and there's many hours to go.   Boston is still supposed to get upto 24".   In the city the issue is clearing the snow as there's nowhere to put it.
View Quote

I'm sitting on 14 inches right now (not counting drifts) and are expecting anoth 12-15. This is a serious storm.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:07:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Yeah, that's just a good blizzard for us. 8" snow and 50 mph winds are not uncommon here
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And everyone else laughs because, hey, those people are stuck in Alaska
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:12:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
city people problems
View Quote

Yep.  No fucks given.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:14:03 AM EDT
[#28]
The purpose of all news and weather broadcasters is to make money.  They sell advertising to make money.  Nobody wants to advertise on a show that says, there is going to be a nor'easter tomorrow.

But they will advertise on the show that talks about the looming POLAR VORTEX induced SNOWPOCALPYSE that is going the spin off several POLARBEARNADOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd go back in a heartbeat.  Any place is better than this liberal hell hole.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

My parents are still in Colorado, I was talking to them this morning. The north east is a running joke there right now. They are all making fun of them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:22:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

My parents are still in Colorado, I was talking to them this morning. The north east is a running joke there right now. They are all making fun of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and what if i told you our meteorologist went to college in Colorado?  then what?

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#32]
It'd simple! It's the "pussyfication" of America.

The liberals have taken over the Government and all the Pussy liberals who wet their pants if they aren't taken care of by big brother cause this shit.

Oh dear, Oh my what are we to do? There is a snow flake in the forecast so we better shut the state down!!  The only FLAKES that are around my house are the mayors of the cities who "just have to protect" the dumb ass liberals that keep voting them into office because they can't fend for themselves.

I live in the country and have to fend for my family and myself no matter what the government does.

EBR666
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:23:53 AM EDT
[#33]
"So many of these people are so poor, they are so black, and this is going to raise a lot of questions for people who are watching this story unfold."  -Wolf Blitzer

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:25:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Prudent precautions.

They were predicting 30 - 36" by me, and as we all know, meteorologists are seldom wrong.

Plus, Liberal Democrats are at their happiest when they get to ban something.

View Quote

You're onto something.

East coast politicians (well, most politicians), get off, almost sexually, to be able to shut down the entire state or region, with threats of arrest.

They really do get off to that shit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

and what if i told you our meteorologist went to college in Colorado?  then what?

ar-jedi
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ar-jedi

I'd tell you that a meteorology degree is about as useless as the East African Wymens studies degree CU Boulder puts out. Why hate the school? Hate the idiot dumb enough to get the degree.

Either way, we would call both of those majors in Colorado "baristas". I'd also say you were dumb enough to hire him in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:30:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Meh.

You could move to most of the affected cities this morning, and the weather would probably still be one of the nicest things about the area.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:31:01 AM EDT
[#37]
"Mayor de Blasio urges New Yorkers to "leave your car where it is...You aren't going anywhere until we lift this emergency order."

That sounds a lot more like a king ordering subjects than a mayor addressing citizens.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:31:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Meh.

If a travel ban was ordered here I'd wake up at the crack of noon and enjoy my day off.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:31:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Delbozo called this a "life threatening event".

Uhhhh.....actually, it's snow.  In New York.  

North America so now so "safety conscious" that it disgusts me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:32:12 AM EDT
[#40]
News media doesn't sell news. News doesn't sell. News media sells hysteria. Hysteria is what generates views and income.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:33:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Conditioning the citizenry for their future
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:56:59 AM EDT
[#42]
I love the comments from Ga, Tn, Az....

Right now it's snowing at a rate of 4" per hour.  Where you live would have thousands of accidents and everything would be shut down for months.  
We're staying home today, and everything will be cleared up by tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#43]
maybe half a foot here.  Meh,  dusting.  Ontario County.

But if TX got this much snow, every vehicle in the state would be on its roof.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#44]
I wonder if it gets to hot here in July they tell us to stay indoors due to extreme killer heat.....LOL

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:32:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
maybe half a foot here.  Meh,  dusting.  Ontario County.

But if TX got this much snow, every vehicle in the state would be on its roof.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Cuomo needs a distraction and the storm provided one.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:40:46 PM EDT
[#47]
If you own a liquor store, I'd say sales were pretty damn good.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:44:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Don't forget about about California's superstorm ... It was a normal rain storm nothing massive we have the almost every year wish we had more so our lakes can be refilled.  

The media likes to  make something out of nothing otherwise how would they control the sheep?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:47:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

YET

What a bunch of MORANS.

View Quote

Umm I am 15 mins west of boston and we have 24 inches and counting.  I know our midwestern brothers may scoff, but when someone says the words nor'easter and 36 inches of snow, you listen.  We lucked out it was so cold where I am, but those on the coast got creamed.  24 inches of heavy wet snow and flooding.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:54:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Last January, the snow caused Alabama to shut down.  Plenty of people abandoned cars around the Birmingham metro area on the interstates.  It took me an hour to get home when it usually takes less than ten minutes.

Two weeks ago the school superintendent delayed the start of school for 2 hours because of the cold, it was in the high single digits, low teens that morning.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top