Site Notices
Page / 29
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:47:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:11:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Is the fix in? Today at his press conference, Pete Carroll stated that the refs will be using a new visual signal in order to point out eligible and ineligible receivers during the Super Bowl.

Yep... The NFL has changed its long standing procedure THREE DAYS before the Super Bowl in order to assist the Seattle defense with the offense New England has been running this post season.

NFL is in full joke/troll mode at this point.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:14:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't want them to but the Patriots are going to lose. All this bullshit fabricated by the NFL, people setting off the hotel alarms, the King himself has a cold. It's just a no one situation for the Pats.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:24:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't want them to but the Patriots are going to lose. All this bullshit fabricated by the NFL, people setting off the hotel alarms, the King himself has a cold. It's just a no one situation for the Pats.
View Quote

Buck up there little buddy!
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#6]

They will apparently be doing the suck it motion...
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I sense mass confusion.  I have to wonder how fast bb can make the seachickens burn through their timeouts.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:14:35 PM EDT
[#9]
League clarification.

For ineligible receivers the official will point with one hand and then make a missed field goal gesture.

For eligible receivers the official will point with both hands.

It is quite literally "don't cover him" and "cover him"... Bunch of bull crap.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:24:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
League clarification.

For ineligible receivers the official will point with one hand and then make a missed field goal gesture.

View Quote

It is bullshit if they are changing rules midseason.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

League clarification.

The rules don't specify the signal to be given, just that the defense must be notified of receiver eligibility. So they aren't "changing the rules"... HOWEVER they are changing the procedure they have used for years. Just because of the Patriots using LEGAL formations that make the defense work/think to cover.

It reeks.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah thats bullshit too.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:50:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Any NFL officials in the big office ever ask the center about the deflated balls?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:51:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yeah thats bullshit too.
View Quote

Sure is

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Any NFL officials in the big office ever ask the center about the deflated balls?
View Quote
So far it sounds like no players have been interviewed officially by the League office.

Ryan offered this to the press though, "Just felt like any other game,” Wendell said. "Felt the same throughout the game. So I don’t know what the difference would be.”
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I found these results interesting.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:05:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Big one here.

VP of officiating Dean Blandino says the NFL has no proof that the NFL referee checked the PSI in the Patriots’ footballs prior to the AFC Championship Game. PSI of the footballs were NOT logged pregame.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:10:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Super Bowl XLIX referee Bill Vinovich regarding the balls.

"We test them. It's 12.5 to 13.5. We put 13 in every ball. ... Dean tested a couple in the office and had one underinflated and one to specs, and you really couldn't tell the difference unless you actually sat there and tried to squeeze the thing or did some extraordinary thing. If someone just tossed you the ball, especially in 20 degree weather, you're going to pretty much play with the ball. They are going to be hard. You're not going to notice the difference."
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:36:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Big one here.

VP of officiating Dean Blandino says the NFL has no proof that the NFL referee checked the PSI in the Patriots’ footballs prior to the AFC Championship Game. PSI of the footballs were NOT logged pregame.
View Quote

Of course.  But make sure a week and a half goes by before admitting a crucial point like this.  Nice going NFL.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Pats will win cause they cheat'um better.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#21]
"I didn't even know that the ball had to be a certain weight." - RG3

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:03:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The rules don't specify the signal to be given, just that the defense must be notified of receiver eligibility. So they aren't "changing the rules"... HOWEVER they are changing the procedure they have used for years. Just because of the Patriots using LEGAL formations that make the defense work/think to cover.

It reeks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
League clarification.

It reeks.

You are the biggest whiny MFer on this site.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:28:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Wild Horse Pass Resort and Spa where the Patriots are staying has one of my companies Fire Alarm systems in it- I actually installed and programmed most of it. The first alarm reported was a pull station that someone in the hotel pulled at 1:30 with the intention of disturbing the Patriots. Fortunately (or unfortunately- I'm a Giants  fan), the activation was in a separate wing and did not impact the team at all. The second activation was a smoke detector also intentionally activated. We're  thinking someone with a canned aerosol or cigarette. We're actually still looking into the third one. Either way- they cheated their way in, now the playing field is leveled by them standing in the parking lot for half an hour at 2am.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:35:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Big one here.

View Quote

Not surprising. Like I wrote earlier, it's football, not a NASA spaceflight, nor nuclear power. I wouldn't be surprised if the officiating crew didn't even gauge the balls prior to the game. Given the current atmosphere, I'd be surprised if the admitted to NOT gauging them.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, scratch that off the excuse list:

The Seahawks coach claimed officials made a mistake during the AFC Championship Game on a Patriots touchdown throw to Nate Solder, when they allowed a player who had reported eligible the previous play to remain in the game as an ineligible player without indicating, causing confusion for the defense.

"We've been preparing for it every day, because we don't want to be caught in a mishandling on our end," Carroll said. "So it's really on us to see it -- the officials do what they do -- but we still have to find it, because it could happen like it did to the Colts. So we're very much in tune with it. It's just been a part of the preparation, so it's not a big deal to us now."

UPDATE: NFL VP of officiating Dean Blandino clarified Carroll later Thursday, telling reporters that officials pointed out ineligible players during the AFC Championship Game:

"I think it was just in the conversation, he may have misinterpreted that it was new," he said. "We actually did do it during the AFC Championship Game."

Blandino also said that the Solder TD was in fact an illegal play and should have been penalized.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:29:04 PM EDT
[#26]
What changes? Changing procedures for the final two games of the season, because...? Patriots...
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:31:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Illegal plays that result in touchdowns??  

Hey! THAT sort of stuff might affect the outcome of a game!  

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:31:36 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

League clarification.

It reeks.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:47:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

The bellichick way.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:27:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Big one here.

View Quote

Do they ever log the pressures?  Just going off of the video I posted, I doesn't look like they would.

I don't think the officiating crew would have approached this with the rigor of an NTSB crash investigation.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:31:43 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Do they ever log the pressures?  Just going off of the video I posted, I doesn't look like they would.

I don't think the officiating crew would have approached this with the rigor of an NTSB crash investigation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Big one here.

They should. Shit it wouldn't take any additional time.

From that video you posted. One guy gauging. Toss the ball to the second guy while saying "12.5". Third guy writes it down on a check list.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:05:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Refs should have caught the guys not reporting properly and moved them back appropriately.

So much for the highest rated officiating crew. I wonder what else they missed, like may be actually measuring the psi of the balls before the game.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:07:28 AM EDT
[#33]
They caught beast mode's nuts. For a cool 22 grand.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:21:31 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

They caught beast mode's nuts. For a cool 22 grand.
View Quote
Different crew.

That's alright. They estimate his hat provided him over 2 million dollars of advertising this week. Sold out of basically everything in his clothing line. He is making money hand over fist right now. He isn't dumb.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:23:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Refs should have caught the guys not reporting properly and moved them back appropriately.

So much for the highest rated officiating crew. I wonder what else they missed, like may be actually measuring the psi of the balls before the game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny how there seems to be a common denominator....

...Patriots?

Oh, that's right!  Everyone's out to get them...  

Couldn't be anything else, right?  
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:27:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Is the fix in? Today at his press conference, Pete Carroll stated that the refs will be using a new visual signal in order to point out eligible and ineligible receivers during the Super Bowl.

Yep... The NFL has changed its long standing procedure THREE DAYS before the Super Bowl in order to assist the Seattle defense with the offense New England has been running this post season.

View Quote

the officials don't want pete yapping his big ass jaw at them.. he was so pissed in that rams game but the rams didn't even do nothing wrong!
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:40:19 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

the officials don't want pete yapping his big ass jaw at them.. he was so pissed in that rams game but the rams didn't even do nothing wrong!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Valid point. The more times he yells, the more chances that meteor sized wad of gum might come flying out and kill someone.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:51:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Peyton Sucks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not going to reply over and over to people suggesting that the elements could have caused this.

There were 24 balls on that same chilly field. 11 of them, all on the Pats side were flaccid.

The Pats had the small balls here, no shrinkage on the Colts side.

it's a 1 + 1 = 2 kind of equation here.

I'm still waiting for you to tell us more about your prediction for a Patriots/Broncos Super Bowl the next two years. I'd love to hear more about that. The only thing that would be more exciting is a Yankees/Red Sox world series.

Oh, the drama leading up to said series will include Eli losing either a leg, a job, or a wife, and  a dog dying a horrible, and  preventable death. Good 'Ol Payton will raise the spirits of the nation, and a biopic dedicated to his life, and licensed b the NFL will be a ratings Bonanza!!

The Name "Payton" will be the new favorite boys AND girls name for a generation, or at least until the next super bowl story.

Peyton Sucks

I don't care one one way or another for Peyton/Payton, Change the name to RG3, Luck...it's all the same.  I'm describing the narrative used to generate ratings by the league.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 7:33:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

...Patriots?

View Quote

I wonder if the Patriots have thought of using numbers that attach to their uniforms with Velcro?

I could envision a few ways to fool their opponents with that idea.

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 7:48:32 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote

I see it the other way. If a 'fix' was even possible , it would go to the Pats, to justify the NFL letting a team which cheated it's way into 'Big Game' play.

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:29:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/Vf0tQ4W.png

View Quote

Ha, I love Indiana. The epicenter of anti-patriotness.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:34:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

...Patriots?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

...Patriots?

Common denominator is the refs. It is not the Patriots job to throw a penalty flag on themselves. It is not Patriots job to officially certify as only a ref could, that the ball was within regulations.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:14:20 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/Vf0tQ4W.png

Cracks me up too. Colts fans do hate NE, I'm guessing NE wins but it stays close.

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:29:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Of course.  But make sure a week and a half goes by before admitting a crucial point like this.  Nice going NFL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Big one here.

+1

Yep. They had to know this the instant the story broke. Did they divulge this information? Nope. Robert Kraft was 100% right: his team deserves an apology.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:56:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Just to bring up the thread title: the NFL hasn't determined shit.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:34:43 AM EDT
[#46]
The articles I read said the game balls were swapped out for the back ups.  So, if nothing further was done with the footballs removed from the game, then someone should be able to get a reasonable statepoint.

As posted earlier, the back up footballs would have been within the 12.5-13.5psig range at halftime.

While it is possible that someone let air out of the footballs, all of the physical evidence to date shows that this is all within the natural pressure swings of a ball originally inflated to spec.

I'd like to see what Columbia produces.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:36:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:38:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Liberals
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The articles I read said the game balls were swapped out for the back ups.  So, if nothing further was done with the footballs removed from the game, then someone should be able to get a reasonable statepoint.

As posted earlier, the back up footballs would have been within the 12.5-13.5psig range at halftime.

While it is possible that someone let air out of the footballs, all of the physical evidence to date shows that this is all within the natural pressure swings of a ball originally inflated to spec.

I'd like to see what Columbia produces.

Liberals

Cocaine
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:40:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Joint Bill "The Dark Lord" Belichick and Pete "Pumped and Jacked" Carroll presser coming up...
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:53:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top