Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:36:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Some of you guys are wound way too tight. Calibrate your sarcasm meter.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guns with high capacity magazines that fire 30rnds per clip have no place in public. Nobody needs that type of fire power to go to the grocery store. That assault rifle nearly killed a child. Average citizens don't have the training to handle a assault rifle like professionally trained operators

Some of you guys are wound way too tight. Calibrate your sarcasm meter.

Yours might be off too
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:37:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Cars with high performance engines that make 707 horsepower have no place on our public highways. Nobody needs 707 horsepower to go to the grocery store. That car nearly killed the driver. Average drivers don't have the training to handle a super car like professionally trained drivers
View Quote

Your avatar and this post don't make sense.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#3]
That's really not bad, I've done much worse to a vehicle.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:41:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully the driver is ok. Hopefully he learned from it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:41:53 PM EDT
[#5]
What the hell is "opps"?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:45:40 PM EDT
[#6]
These high horsepower cars are just like the superbikes.  Lots of them  bought by people who have more money than skills or sense.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Soooooo in ALA he has 72hrs to back out of the deal.....take it back tell them theres something wrong, the front fell off.

He should go buy a Hyabusa next. Cause cars suk.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:49:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Play stupid games...[you know the rest]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:52:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Dodge Challenger tail lights for sale...like new...
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:54:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:58:29 PM EDT
[#11]
lol
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:00:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:02:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:03:03 PM EDT
[#14]
For sale one owner Hellcat , low miles , like new , stain in drivers seat and small dent in front
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Nobody needs to own a car with that powerful an engine.
View Quote

Nobody needs an AR. Nobody needs an Ak.

Why do you hate Freedom?
Ed

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Ban ponycars! End the madness! No one needs 10x as much horsepower to get to work!

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:20:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Car needs a driver mod...  

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:20:45 PM EDT
[#18]
For sale:

One ultra rare preowned cream puff hellcat for sale $60,000 firm

Adult owned

Only 87 miles (all leisurely sunday drives)

Please, no tire kickers

Reason for selling. Too much power

My loss is your gain

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:29:36 PM EDT
[#19]
People think you just hit the gas and it goes straight like their Honda did. Very few have driven anything with real power nor understand just how loose it can get when you're trying to put it on the pavement with street legal radials.
I suspect this will happen to many of the high end muscle cars.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So as a guy who owned and DD'd a Charger for years, you have to really be doing something stupid with them to wreck one...and that's even more true with the newer cars. The new SRT cars have a pretty solid traction and stability control system that will keep things from getting hairy IF you leave them on.

Of course, I'm betting he had all that off and was being stupid with a nearly 800 HP car. (Dodge underrates the power)

Predictable result.
View Quote

Yeah but you and I both know that the people who need that stuff turned on are the first to turn it off because they think they are the second coming of Michael Schumacher.  Every guy who buys a performance car think they don't need that "nanny shit."
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:39:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
For sale one owner Hellcat , low miles , like new , stain in drivers seat and small dent in front
View Quote

Nah... I think that should buff right out!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:44:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Dumbass
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:48:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:53:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nobody needs a high capacity military style assault weapon.

Does it sound familiar?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:58:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Poor mopar
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:00:38 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

This one was proved to be insurance fraud...
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm rather confused, and a little bit disgusted by the GD safety and morality police. Most drivers can't handle a high performance vehicle, therefore they should not be allowed to own one. Or if they do decide to buy one, they need to attend some training. Or that car is too powerful for the milk run, kind of like "high capacity semi auto assult weapons" and the "sporting rifle" debate.  For you guys, it's fair grounds to suggest or demand those things, but as soon as the conversation shifts to guns, it's a whole seperate debate.

Something about freedom of the people, right?

Kinda funny how that works, ain't it?

But it's ok, beacuse we're talking about cars.

Now cue in the highway death statistics, freedom is wrong and statistics are right.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:10:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Must of taken a curb at 25MPH.
View Quote

I don't know if you're being serious or not, but that doesn't look like damage from a high speed crash. 40-50 mph maybe?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:14:30 PM EDT
[#29]
well....that certainly sucks.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:16:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm rather confused, and a little bit disgusted by the GD safety and morality police. Most drivers can't handle a high performance vehicle, therefore they should not be allowed to own one. Or if they do decide to buy one, they need to attend some training. Or that car is too powerful for the milk run, kind of like "high capacity semi auto assult weapons" and the "sporting rifle" debate.  For you guys, it's fair grounds to suggest or demand those things, but as soon as the conversation shifts to guns, it's a whole seperate debate.

Now cue in the highway death statistics, freedom is wrong and statistics are right.
View Quote

Completley different than a rifle. A 4000 pound 700hp super car loaded with fuel is capable of massive destruction. Imagine if that car hit a school @100mph. Its a god dammed cruise missile that no average driver can handle.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:16:41 PM EDT
[#31]
I drove my buddies 600+ rwhp 2004 Cobra a few years back.  While it was the most fun I ever had on the street, it was also quite humbling.  If you get on the throttle for a few too many seconds, before you know it you're doing triple digits.  Scary fun.

Having the money to drive the car typically means you aren't anywhere near prepared to handle it.  Hopefully you just have enough insurance to cover the damage you will soon commit.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:17:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That color is Sublime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did himself a favor. Worst color imaginable.

That color is Sublime.

yes...yes it is.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:18:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
A Dodge worth money....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dear everyone posting in the F150 thread: THIS is a vehicle worth 60K.
A Dodge worth money....

hey....it could happen....
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:29:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Ford also ran a similar program with the Boss 302 Mustangs. Black key for street tune, a red key for "track" use only. It's a change in the tuning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting tidbit from the article. The Hellcat models have two keys. One allows you 500 horsepower and the second is wide open. I'd never seen that mentioned before.
Red key and black I believe.

Ford has something similar called My Key, you can program one key so the speed and a bunch of other things are limited. They say it's good when you kids or other people drive the vehicle.

Ford also ran a similar program with the Boss 302 Mustangs. Black key for street tune, a red key for "track" use only. It's a change in the tuning.

1990 corvette ZR1s had it too. Think that was the first car with the "valet key" system
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The real problem is crossing over the threshold where the car can light them up at will, even at 70mph going down the highway.  400-500hp generally won't do that.  Regular SRT Chargers and Challengers won't do that.  These will.
View Quote

Yep, I had a GT500 that was not stock... nothing scares your passenger more than a throttle induced fishtail/burnout at freeway speeds.

If you're not ready for it the first time...there probably won't be a second.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:22:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Should have bought a lot more handling and a lot less horsepower.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:28:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I would love to see his face when he cuts that monthly check.
View Quote

THis....
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:33:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Happens in the aviation world as well... People with more money than skills buying warbirds and wrecking them.    

Lost a great car, thankfully nothing collectable though.

View Quote

Bikes too. Have a old buddy that bought a brand new GSXR 1000 on a good Friday and totaled it two days later. Luckily he walked away. The bike was in a thousand pieces.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:40:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What the hell is "opps"?
View Quote

i know what "OPP" is so obviously "opps" is just the plural version.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:47:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Cars with high performance engines that make 707 horsepower have no place on our public highways. Nobody needs 707 horsepower to go to the grocery store. That car nearly killed the driver. Average drivers don't have the training to handle a super car like professionally trained drivers
View Quote

This schtick has already been done in this thread.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:52:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

1990 corvette ZR1s had it too. Think that was the first car with the "valet key" system
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting tidbit from the article. The Hellcat models have two keys. One allows you 500 horsepower and the second is wide open. I'd never seen that mentioned before.
Red key and black I believe.

Ford has something similar called My Key, you can program one key so the speed and a bunch of other things are limited. They say it's good when you kids or other people drive the vehicle.

Ca CARB slowed down release of 2011 Boss 302 track keys over a year due to the alternate tune not being smog approved.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:52:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Does it sound familiar?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does it sound familiar?

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:53:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Geez, get a clue.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:59:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sorry you don't take public safety seriously Larry.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:00:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Expensive (typically powerful) cars are looked at in our culture as a status symbol. An unfortunate result of that is many people who don't know how to drive/know nothing about cars go out as soon they get some money and buy powerful cars and end up wrecking them. This is a perfect example but not uncommon at all, gearheads just sit back and shake their heads.
View Quote

I could sit and watch that all damn day.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:01:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Every example so far has been sarcasm, poking fun at liberal logic.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:02:23 AM EDT
[#47]
But, but....BMW owners.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:14:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm kinda surprised that manufacturers haven't teamed up with the NHRA or SCCA to offer comp license schooling/certification as part of the options package on cars like this
View Quote

A relative of mine bought an SRT a few months ago and it came with a free day at the track with a professional driving coach.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:20:40 AM EDT
[#49]
I hope he's not one of the tards that paid over invoice for being a hard to find car.

Local chick paid $15k over sticker for a hell cat. I don't think insurance has an "ooooh I'm first to get one clause "
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:21:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top