Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:31:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't look like old lady writing to me
I picture more an old man writing it
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:31:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So, airsoft party and cola warrior practice session at your BIL's house this weekend?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My brother in law is in his early 20s and just got married less than a year ago. They just recently moved into a house in an old neighborhood. They haven't been there a month.

The first week cops show up because he was playing his guitar in the basement. Basement has no windows or doors to outside. I have no idea how you could even hear it unless you were standing beside the house.

He comes home and finds a note on his car and the cops show up again saying someone called on a dog barking complaint. They have two dashunds, they let them outside to go pee and that's it. Always supervised and on leashes. Sorry I don't have a lot of info because I'm getting it second hand.

Some neighbor told them that there is a crotchety old lady living behind them that has ran people off. After I read the note, my first thought was "hmmm, that's why the house was so cheap and for sale."

If it were me I'd probably invest in some cameras. I'd put money on the lady messing with their house or dogs while they were at work or something.

And yes this is barely readable. What would arf do?

http://i.imgur.com/FRGbdzt.jpg

So, airsoft party and cola warrior practice session at your BIL's house this weekend?

Do it!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Battery?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Copy to the cops immediately.

What are the police going to do with it?

Paper trail for when, not if, this continues / escalates.
That's not the ranting of a reasonable or stable person.

Paper trail of what? That note? What criminal statue does it violate?

Battery?

BUT THERE IS NO BATTERY IN NY!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Dang, she's pissed.

I can't help but think that there's a little more noise coming out of his dogs and house than you've been told by him. You know him better than I do, but people don't generally write notes like that if everything's quiet and peaceful. That said, it was a pretty threatening note, and there's no call for that sort of bitchiness.
View Quote

Like I said I know the dogs, they play with mine. They are a little yappy sometimes but they just go out for a moment to use the bathroom. 5 minutes maybe.

They stay inside all day. I wouldn't have a problem with them if they lived next door. The neighbors saying she has run some people off is very telling.

Cops called twice in a month.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:33:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Correct. OP doesn't understand the definition.

Veiled threat more comes to mind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doesn't sound passive aggressive to me.

Correct. OP doesn't understand the definition.

Veiled threat more comes to mind.

Well in the sense that she did it with a note.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:33:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nothing, but at least it is documented and reported to the police.  He can probably fill out a report online if his PD has that ability.  Otherwise he can file a counter report.

Given that she had to go on to his property to leave the note, he can also have a trespass notice served on her by the county or city (depending on who does it).  No charges are likely, but at least he can get the "threat" documented.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing, but at least it is documented and reported to the police.  He can probably fill out a report online if his PD has that ability.  Otherwise he can file a counter report.

Given that she had to go on to his property to leave the note, he can also have a trespass notice served on her by the county or city (depending on who does it).  No charges are likely, but at least he can get the "threat" documented.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

We're gonna need a bigger dog.
View Quote

I vote a whole pack of them.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:33:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
get a camera and find the culprit

tell him to get a brinkman smoker. Fire it up every time the wind is in the right direction.

Compost pile as close to her place as possible. Stir it when the wind is in the right direction.

Tordon from a super soaker is a mean thing to do.

next time law enforcement comes, tell them the lady keeps pulling this and you are sorry she is wasting their time.

In college we made a potato cannon that launched our empty beer cans into the yard of the neighbor down the street that liked to F with us.

if she has cats, get a box trap and eliminate with extreme prejudice.

Buy a motorcycle and ride it early in the morning.

PINK YARD FLAMINGOS

Or instead of being a dick you could go over and present the culprit with pics after getting on camera and tell them to stop or you will press charges.
View Quote

You would have to bring them to an approved animal shelter.  Killing a cat, someone's pet or feral, is considered cruelty to an animal in most places and is often a felony.  Not a good idea at all.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:33:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Damn.......sounds like a neighbor I used to have with the note shit.   She kept writing notes and handing out AA material cause she did not like me mowing my grass and drinking beer
View Quote

SO

YOU sold the OP's BIL a cheap house

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#10]
No one mentioned the flaming bag of dog poo on by the front door?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:35:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Your brother in law needs to invest in a couple full stacks for his guitar.

Just a few though.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:37:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Laugh if you want, but that is how it is done.  When I was a patrolman we used to serve similar notices in our city.  All it took was a complaint that could be justified by evidence (i.e., a nasty note left on a car, or other hostile act from the unwanted party).  Next time the old bat comes on his property to leave a nasty message and he catches it on a camera, she can then be charged criminally.  Its his property and he has a legal right to refuse an unwanted person from stepping foot on his property.  Once proper notification has been given to the person, any subsequent trespass can be charged criminally.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My brother in law is in his early 20s and just got married less than a year ago. They just recently moved into a house in an old neighborhood. They haven't been there a month.

The first week cops show up because he was playing his guitar in the basement. Basement has no windows or doors to outside. I have no idea how you could even hear it unless you were standing beside the house.

He comes home and finds a note on his car and the cops show up again saying someone called on a dog barking complaint. They have two dashunds, they let them outside to go pee and that's it. Always supervised and on leashes. Sorry I don't have a lot of info because I'm getting it second hand.

Some neighbor told them that there is a crotchety old lady living behind them that has ran people off. After I read the note, my first thought was "hmmm, that's why the house was so cheap and for sale."

If it were me I'd probably invest in some cameras. I'd put money on the lady messing with their house or dogs while they were at work or something.

And yes this is barely readable. What would arf do?

There are aleast 50 houses around you.
Home should be a place of rest & refuge.
There are people around who have small children to
the elderly. & young couples starting families.
Home should be a place to recharge and enjoy
your family.

Thou I love animal's and children. IF they
aren't traind AND deciplined they will miss behave.
It's people who don't know what they're doing
when they get out of control.

They're are Five families on this street who
have continualy allowed their pet's to disturb the
peace, quite and sanity of their neighbor's.
These people were reported to the poliee and
the Human Society.

These people were fined and no longer
live in this neighborhood.

This is your only WARNING!!!

When people put the Right's of pet's over the
sanity of their fellow Neighbor's  Something is WRONG
You brought this ANIMAl home it's your Responsibility
to deal with it OR your neighbor"s ARe going to
deal with you legaly.

Their is NO SAIN Reason why anyone should
have to listen or put up with this.

Enough is Enough!!

You have ONE week!

You can be quite or get out!

You want people to like you and be Niece to you
you be Nieee,
And we'll get along fine.

You be quite, clean this place up and keep
------ -------- or move.
View Quote

http://i.imgur.com/FRGbdzt.jpg
View Quote

I suppose it depends on what your BIL is like.

If your BIL is a good guy who is acting reasonably and with due regard for his neighbours then it sounds like he has a nutter neighbour demands that everybody cow-tow to them and who needs to be dealt with.  Chances are they have been in the neighbourhood for a long time.and think they own the place

If your BIL is an arsehole then maybe he needs to modify his behaviour.

Without knowing which of these is true however, I would say from the note that your BIL appears to have a twat for a neighbour and his best option may be to camera up a gather evidence.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:38:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Pics of crotchety old lady or or lady's crotch?
View Quote

You ever pull apart a grilled cheese sandwich....
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Print out a troll face "problem" meme, attach to note, and return to note writer's house.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:39:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I would not leave and it would be my personal mission in life to make her as miserable as possible without getting in trouble.  Yes to cameras.  

View Quote

I would hire a marching band and have them walk up and down the street and play all day long.

Or I would walk up and down the street barking like a dog all day long.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:40:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Pay the neighbor hood kids $5 for each successful ding-ding-ditch they can pull off on video without getting caught.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:40:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Find out the hours of the noise ordinance.

Get some recorded wolf howls. Play on loop through guitar amp during non-quiet hours.

Be wearing three wolf shirt when crazy lady comes over.
View Quote
Whoa! No need to go all nuclear just yet.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:40:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The angry writer cannot spell for shit.
View Quote

Spell? none of that makes any fucking sense at all.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#21]
I broke the code in the letter, it says you want me to bring my slidefire and some tannerite over.  

Roger that.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:41:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Pay the neighbor hood kids $5 for each successful ding-ding-ditch they can pull off on video without getting caught.  
View Quote

DO THIS.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Laugh if you want, but that is how it is done.  When I was a patrolman we used to serve similar notices in our city.  All it took was a complaint that could be justified by evidence (i.e., a nasty note left on a car, or other hostile act from the unwanted party).  Next time the old bat comes on his property to leave a nasty message and he catches it on a camera, she can then be charged criminally.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Laugh if you want, but that is how it is done.  When I was a patrolman we used to serve similar notices in our city.  All it took was a complaint that could be justified by evidence (i.e., a nasty note left on a car, or other hostile act from the unwanted party).  Next time the old bat comes on his property to leave a nasty message and he catches it on a camera, she can then be charged criminally.

But she wasn't caught on camera and no one knows for sure it was her who did it. Even if she did write the note that is no proof she is the one who put it on his car.  The OP doesn't say where the car was, for all we know it could have been parked on the street.

In short, I'll keep laughing.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:42:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Caucasian Shepard

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Neighborhood needs more:

http://i.imgur.com/AmpJxyU.jpg

What.  The  Fuck.

Is That?
Caucasian Shepard

Nope. That's a Tibetan Mastiff.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

He is already in a band. Plays/has drums and guitars, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He needs to find out what the actual noise ordinances are for the area.

And cameras.

And newly formed rock band practicing until the last minute of noise ordinance. Every day.

He is already in a band. Plays/has drums and guitars, etc.

They need to start doing Slayer covers yesterday...
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:42:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Neighborhood needs more:

What.  The  Fuck.

Is That?
Caucasian Shepard

That's definitely a lion. Not a dog.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Just a few though.

http://www.spytunes.com/images/stories/marshall%20wall.jpg
View Quote

Fuck, there's a lot of money in that picture.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#28]
As someone who lived near a neighbor with a dog who wouldn't shut the fuck up, I can't pass judgement without knowing the whole story...
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Call cops about letter with veiled threats.
View Quote

You are being threatened.  Carefully  preserve the letter so that it can be fingerprinted.  Complain to the police and if they do nothing, get the letter fingerprinted privately.

Then get cameras set up around your car and your house.  

If anyone threatened me or my dog, they would be making a very big mistake.  I would not take it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:46:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Call cops about letter with veiled threats.
View Quote

You are being threatened.  Carefully  preserve the letter so that it can be fingerprinted.  Complain to the police and if they do nothing, get the letter fingerprinted privately.

Then get cameras set up around your car and your house.  

If anyone threatened me or my dog, they would be making a very big mistake.  I would not take it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:46:24 PM EDT
[#31]
What are the local noise laws, and when is he making noise?  If he is within the rules, then he can ignore her. If he is not, he needs to figure out how to be quiet.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:46:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Call the cops and update us that he did.  Make sure this gets into the record...sorry...time to bring the man into our life.  Do it now.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Back in college I lived in a house with a group of people, one person being a girl who had a Doberman who barked at anyone/everyone outside (from behind the fence). One day, someone from the neighborhood put in our mailbox a letter crafted from individual letter cutouts (from magazines) which read: "If your dog barks again outside, it dies."

She kept the dog in the house after that.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:47:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:47:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a few though.

http://www.spytunes.com/images/stories/marshall%20wall.jpg

There's even more decibels
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Need to get statements from neighbors who are willing to cooperate and maybe share similar experiences.    Enough of them rally and it will only serve to help him out.   He needs to befriend as many of the new neighbors as possible.   Might be good witnesses during trying times to come.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#38]

Her grandson lives across the street from me.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:53:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Neighborhood needs more:

What.  The  Fuck.

Is That?
Caucasian Shepard

They're actually really neat dogs, but are very territorial. Like, lock them away before inviting guests in territorial. Off their own property, they're usually better behaved, especially when they have owners that have taken the time to socialize them properly. They aren't all vicious monsters, though they are certainly a breed that needs a knowledgable owner.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:56:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

She lived next door to me in NY.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:56:56 PM EDT
[#42]
They are planning on going to the police station tonight. I am scared whoever wrote the letter will poison the dogs.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That's old woman writing for sure.

Cause no one used cursive these days...
View Quote

That and middle age and younger folks would type it out on a computer and print it off.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Fly a drone over the fence.  Vary the height and throttle.

Make sure it has video capability.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#45]
First no trespassing signs, privacy fence paint here side a ugly bright color pink, bright yellow put up wind chimes near the fence, the noise level will not matter probably anything would set her off have cameras on the wind chimes get her arrested for vandalism.  Cranky older people often get a pass from the police in neighbor hood disputes so you may have to go to the magistrate.  

snowman357
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:05:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
That's quite a note. Or is that quiet?
View Quote

It was two hard to reed.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
They're actually really neat dogs, but are very territorial. Like, lock them away before inviting guests in territorial. Off their own property, they're usually better behaved, especially when they have owners that have taken the time to socialize them properly. They aren't all vicious monsters, though they are certainly a breed that needs a knowledgable owner.

http://gallery.tibetanmastiff.org/albums/userpics/IMG_0033_1_1r.jpg
View Quote

Interesting, sounds similar to the few Chows that I've seen. Big, fluffy, but not overtly friendly to anybody but their owner. I would love to see one in person though. I have a soft spot for huge dogs like that.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:07:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pics of crotchety old lady or or lady's crotch?

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:10:56 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

That's quite a note. Or is that quiet?
View Quote

This. Right there would be my problem.

Immediately, I would go an knock on everyone of my 50 neighbor's doors.  I would ask, "Do you know the difference between quite and quiet.  Regardless of their answer, show them the letter and say, "Can't we all agree that a threatening letter is not threatening when it is written by a moron."

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top