Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:08:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck them, my amp would be going up to 11 on the back porch every night with the most grating metal sound I could dial in
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:08:06 PM EDT
[#2]
In.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:08:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like it's time to buy that super stock muscle car with exhaust cutouts he always wanted
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Neighborhood needs more:

http://i.imgur.com/AmpJxyU.jpg

View Quote

What.  The  Fuck.

Is That?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:09:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Bricktop has the solution to this problem OP.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:09:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What.  The  Fuck.

Is That?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Neighborhood needs more:

What.  The  Fuck.

Is That?
Caucasian Shepard

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:10:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Damn.......sounds like a neighbor I used to have with the note shit.   She kept writing notes and handing out AA material cause she did not like me mowing my grass and drinking beer
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'd correct all her spelling mistakes, and stick it back on her door with a note telling her to MYOB.

Then I'd start messing with her like a 12 year old. Fork her yard (as in, hundreds of plastic forks stuck in her front yard, nothing sexual), flaming bags of dog shit on the porch, have all my relatives bring their kids over to play in the yard as loudly as possible at about 4 o'clock in the afternoon while she's trying to watch Golden Girls. Soap her cars windows, and maybe get a sling shot and some fire crackers.
View Quote

People that fragile are awesome.   You can get the result you want simply by hiring an English tutor and sending them to her house with the note.    I am sure a local ARFcomer would be happy to play the role.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:10:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd contact PS about neighbor making threats and filing false reports with the police. Also cameras.

If neighbor escalates the issue, I'd invite everyone I knew over for a bbq every weekend for the next month. I'd also be outside checking the porch for nails during dinner.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What.  The  Fuck.

Is That?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Neighborhood needs more:

What.  The  Fuck.

Is That?

Tibetan Mastiff
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:10:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It would be on if that was my house.

my plan of attack:

1. Cameras
2. Backyard BBQ's with lovely music like lamb of god playing.
3. Get another dog like a beagle that howls to awesome metal music.
4. and completed with walking around in your tighty whiteys with the curtains open on the side of the house of suspected nosy old woman.

That should cause her to lose her shit good and proper
View Quote

You are my new project manager
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Why would anyone have to do anything about that note.  Exactly what is supposed to happen if you don't comply?  People that leave notes like that go and complain to anyone who will listen, but nothing ever becomes of it.  
If I was going to do anything about it, I'd get together with other neighbors, and gaslight the idiot who thinks they can make you move.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#13]
old people and cursive handwriting  
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Take the batteries out of her life alert
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My brother in law is in his early 20s and just got married less than a year ago. They just recently moved into a house in an old neighborhood. They haven't been there a month.

The first week cops show up because he was playing his guitar in the basement. Basement has no windows or doors to outside. I have no idea how you could even hear it unless you were standing beside the house.

He comes home and finds a note on his car and the cops show up again saying someone called on a dog barking complaint. They have two dashunds, they let them outside to go pee and that's it. Always supervised and on leashes. Sorry I don't have a lot of info because I'm getting it second hand.

Some neighbor told them that there is a crotchety old lady living behind them that has ran people off. After I read the note, my first thought was "hmmm, that's why the house was so cheap and for sale."

If it were me I'd probably invest in some cameras. I'd put money on the lady messing with their house or dogs while they were at work or something.

And yes this is barely readable. What would arf do?

http://i.imgur.com/FRGbdzt.jpg
View Quote

I'd write back and politely tell that person to mind their own business. I could read the whole letter- and it contradicts it's self at least twice.
YOU HAVE ONE WEEK!  Who the hell does this person think they are?!?! Seriously. Your brother in law has the same rights to his home, time with family, to rest and to PLAY- same as the writer- but who seems to think that right only applies to them.

I used to have a neighbor like that who lived 3 tenths of a mile down the road from me & he would complain about my music too & would also yell at me, giving me shit for walking through my own deeded right of way, which is a 20ft wide path on the edge of their property line.
He was a grumpy older man from NY who lived there eight months of the year and then would come to his place here in Maine for 2-3months of the summer. Anyway, I basically went through the same thing & he even attempted legal action, but didn't have a leg to stand on...
There is no way my music that far away could bother him the way he said it did and he'd even complain when I wasn't doing anything at all but watching t.v.-lol- When it first started though, I would just try to be polite, mind my own business & continue doing what I was doing.
But after 5-6yrs of it I finally had to say something to him. He was elderly so even though we had this disagreement, I still managed to keep respect for my elders in regards to my words with him. Well, that didn't work.

And then one day I just blew my top because he started verbally (cussing) & nastily attacking my 65yr old mother & 5yr old daughter, saying to them "Who the hell are you- You can't use this effing right of way!" I told my mom & daughter to keep walking, then I walked over to him and finally told him to get off my back in so many words; "I've been putting up with your shit for well over 6yrs now, you know who I am & my family, WE live here too and ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE, SO GET USED TO IT!  And I will have any family or friends that I want enjoying the summer- just like you come here to do. So stuff it up your ass." in so many words. After that I would get the stink eye for the next few years but he never bothered me or my family again. It's been 17yrs now total, but yeah it sucks to have people like that around you.

Cameras are a great idea...always!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:11:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Knock on her door at 3am, wearing a killer clown costume, make sure to buy up her good stuff at her estate sale.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So, airsoft party and cola warrior practice session at your BIL's house this weekend?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My brother in law is in his early 20s and just got married less than a year ago. They just recently moved into a house in an old neighborhood. They haven't been there a month.

The first week cops show up because he was playing his guitar in the basement. Basement has no windows or doors to outside. I have no idea how you could even hear it unless you were standing beside the house.

He comes home and finds a note on his car and the cops show up again saying someone called on a dog barking complaint. They have two dashunds, they let them outside to go pee and that's it. Always supervised and on leashes. Sorry I don't have a lot of info because I'm getting it second hand.

Some neighbor told them that there is a crotchety old lady living behind them that has ran people off. After I read the note, my first thought was "hmmm, that's why the house was so cheap and for sale."

If it were me I'd probably invest in some cameras. I'd put money on the lady messing with their house or dogs while they were at work or something.

So, airsoft party and cola warrior practice session at your BIL's house this weekend?

I would be down for this
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That bottom part sure sounds like a threat to me. I would get that to law enforcement but would also get cameras.
View Quote

This. It's a threatening letter. Turn it in to the cops, get a camera, and live life.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:13:42 PM EDT
[#19]
i would set up a chop saw and convert a 2x4 into 1/4 inch slices every morning at 9am
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:14:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fuck them, my amp would be going up to 11 on the back porch every night with the most grading sound I could dial in
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:14:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Ohh. The irony
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Screen name?

That spelling and grammar has to be someone hear.........

Ohh. The irony

It's the lady that posted on FB about the KKK knocking at her door.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you delete the image?  There is no longer a link to it.

As for what I would do, I would make my own letter saying...

STOP BEING CHICKEN SHIT WITH THE ANONYMOUS NOTES AND SAY WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY TO MY FACE

...and put it on her own door.  It's not intimidating so the cops can't do anything about it.  If the notes aren't coming from her then she will have no idea where it came from so no harm done.  If it is her, it will wake her up out of her La La old Woman world that she isn't hidden in the shadows like she imagines she is.  

Bullies are bullies because they get away with being bullies.    The only way to get bullying to stop is to let the bullies know that bullying will get painful for them quickly and they need to bully someone else.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:15:41 PM EDT
[#23]
I hate my neighbors and they respect me.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:15:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Former JBT here.

As others said, cameras first. Next time (there will be a next time) the police come over show them the note and explain the situation.

Learn the noise ordinances. They will be your BIL's best friend.

If your BIL does the above, he'll have no (legal) worries and the police will quickly get sick of the caller and go have a word with them (yes they can see who the "anonymous" caller is).

Personally, I recommend tuning his chain saw during daylight hours, play some music, etc.  I was dispatched several times to the same place for the exact situation. There was never a violation and the "perps" were cool people. Finally I talked to the caller and asked if they wanted to talk to the neighbor and work things out. He said "nah man. We at war!"
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:17:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Report it to the police, they will send their top detectives and forensic team to get to the bottom of this.

Some of you guys are nuttier than the person who wrote the note.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:17:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
He needs to find out what the legal requirements are for dogs, noise, ect.  Then do everything up to the legally allowed definitions.

Camera's should be installed before going that route though.  I bet just putting a camera up that records people walking you could figure out how the nosy neighbor his.  Just look for the person that stares at the house every time they walk by.
View Quote

There is a small section of woods behind them with a house that can be seen through there. I bet a big privacy fence and cameras would do it.

Maybe even a "security" spot light aimed at their window.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:17:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Knock on her door at 3am, wearing a killer clown costume, make sure to buy up her good stuff at her estate sale.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#28]
I recommend investigating who it is, going up to them and telling them to FOAD. he only ging to be there what 2-3 years before he moves on anyway.  Like everyone else. She old and a loser and knows it. BTW the note is evidence.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Something similar happened to us but our neighbor thought we were starving our pets for some reason? So they would come over and feed them people food and the dogs would shit all over our house. We thought they had some intestional problem so after a 200.00 vet bill later we found out the neighbors were feeding them. The nighbor neighbor came over and cut limbs off OUR tree, (they live 3 doors down btw) eventually tried to force their way into our house. My wife gave her the stiff arm and slammed the door in her face. Called 911 and had the lady recorded screaming obsentites through the door. Cops arrive and bust the woman on our back porch as she tried to run away and deny being in our yard. The police inspect the dogs and see that they have a 50 lb bag of high $$ food and seem very happy and healthy. Neighbor gets tresspass warrent. Oh the lay's husband was the HMO president for several years until he decided to go measure people's lawns with a ruler-no lie.

Crazy doesn't go away, it gets worse. If that ladys is making threats now and put it on paper the cops need to know just to CYA. It is only going to get worse.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Take the batteries out of her life alert
View Quote

This made me LOL.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Do you have a dog that barks constantly or something??
View Quote

They both bark here and there at whatever but they don't stay outside all day or anything. They just go out to pee.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

get a camera and find the culprit

tell him to get a brinkman smoker. Fire it up every time the wind is in the right direction.

Compost pile as close to her place as possible. Stir it when the wind is in the right direction.

Tordon from a super soaker is a mean thing to do.

next time law enforcement comes, tell them the lady keeps pulling this and you are sorry she is wasting their time.

In college we made a potato cannon that launched our empty beer cans into the yard of the neighbor down the street that liked to F with us.

if she has cats, get a box trap and eliminate with extreme prejudice.

Buy a motorcycle and ride it early in the morning.

PINK YARD FLAMINGOS

Or instead of being a dick you could go over and present the culprit with pics after getting on camera and tell them to stop or you will press charges.
View Quote

Why bring innocent cats into this

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:22:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:22:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:23:47 PM EDT
[#35]
OP, a leaf blower and lawn mower early in the morning and right at sunset.  Works great at warming up the neighbors.
I find it very relaxing to sit in a lawn chair with a cold beer and just continue squeezing the trigger on a leaf blower.  Rev it up and let go, rev it up and let go, you get the picture.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#36]
So when is the all night keger at the Bro-in-laws.  Do we need to bring any loud entertainment.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:24:44 PM EDT
[#37]
the police probably know of her already as a frequent caller.

outdoor speakers playing tina turner, nickelback and sepultura should be a good start.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:25:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Report it to the police, they will send their top detectives and forensic team to get to the bottom of this.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Another vote for cameras...I have six installed and they are great (day and night vision).
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Ooh, old neighbors who think the police are their personal conflict resolution service thread!

IN!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
1.  You don't know it's the old lady.  You suspect but don't know.  
2.  As Bama said, find out the noise/pet ordinances that are applicable.
3.  I don't see a physical threat.  All I see is a threat to report to the police or human [sic] society or deal with him legaly [sic again].  

Still, cameras are a good idea.  I wonder what the cops will do when they repeatedly have a noise complaint but, when they arrive, there's no objectionable noise.  Who is in trouble, the dog owner or the complainant?
View Quote

true but suppose his car gets randomly keyed or gas on his lawn.

I would like to let them know that i'm not crazy.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:27:15 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

That's old woman writing for sure.

Cause no one used cursive these days...
View Quote

That's what I thought!  No one has taught penmanship (penpersonship??) like that for years!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:27:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
can we get a pic of the bottom of the note?
View Quote

That's the only pic I have. Will try to get one later.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Get a permit from the city and have an all day party with a live band.  Invite the neighbors including her.  Repeat often.

Put up cams.

Get a Great Pyrenees.  They do not bark unless there is an immediate threat in the yard, otherwise they are very quiet.  This is a documented fact about the breed.   They are also scary as hell to people who do not understand dogs because they are big.  Walk it past the suspected neighbor daily.

Be sure that you are not doing anything to give her ammunition - I can guarantee she is keeping a shit list on everything you do (how fast she thinks you drive - daily, the slightest noise, cleanliness of your property, anything that can be considered against code, etc.).  You may want to consider practicing your guitar someone else, or at least keep the volume down - maybe build a soundroom so that you can defend any of her complaints about noise.

Befriend your neighbors and look for opportunities to provide service.  You stellar reputation against her battiness will prevail.  Do what is necessary so that your credibility puts you above her reproach.

As already stated, file a police report about her note.  Tell police you feel threatened by it and would like an investigation done as to who wrote it.  

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Hold an emergency cola warrior in his back yard asap. Crotchety old bitch will probably have a heart attack.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:29:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Document everything and be ready for a restraining order and no contact order.

I empathize on the barking dog issue but only in so much of yapping piles of crap that no joke bark 24/7.   After a year of putting up with it I finally called on a neighbors dog.    I didnt handle it myself because I dont feel like getting Arocked by a neighbor calling my employer(LE) and making crap up or even legitimately complaining.

But dogs that occasionally bark or howl at sirens dont bug me.   But that dog that barks every 5-10 minutes because it is bored and nobody comes outside to deal with it?   And when I have talked to neighbors who share a fence line and also hate that dog, sside from lynch mob neighbors collectively knocking in the door the complaint to police was easier.

Not even remotely suggesting brother in law situation with two weiner dogs is close to the same.

Old lady is out to be the hitler of the neighborhood.   She likely has years of practice at being manipulative and vindictive.   She might even be a sue happy sort that has nothing but free time on her hands.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

And newly formed rock band practicing until the last minute of noise ordinance. Every day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He needs to find out what the actual noise ordinances are for the area.

And cameras.

And newly formed rock band practicing until the last minute of noise ordinance. Every day.

He is already in a band. Plays/has drums and guitars, etc.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:31:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Only one thing to do in this situation...Toga party!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

What are the police going to do with it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Copy to the cops immediately.

What are the police going to do with it?

Nothing, but at least it is documented and reported to the police.  He can probably fill out a report online if his PD has that ability.  Otherwise he can file a counter report.

Given that she had to go on to his property to leave the note, he can also have a trespass notice served on her by the county or city (depending on who does it).  No charges are likely, but at least he can get the "threat" documented.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top