BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:43:33 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Meh, dumbass twitchy cop with his finger on the trigger. Don't know if I would pin a crime on him but he was certainly negligent.
View Quote

It certainly doesn't sound like first degree murder.  But he should be held accountable, just as anyone would be.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:20:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It certainly doesn't sound like first degree murder.  But he should be held accountable, just as anyone would be.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh, dumbass twitchy cop with his finger on the trigger. Don't know if I would pin a crime on him but he was certainly negligent.

I could see the Brooklyn DA's Office going for Manslaughter 2nd against a regular gun owner.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Just heard the cop in the wanted posters they are posting is the wrong asian cop. I guess they all do look alike.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:30:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It's time to pull out of NYC and Ferguson...it's not worth anymore American lives.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wanted poster of cop posted in the projects

Residents at the notorious Louis Pink Houses gave a thumbs-up Saturday night to the latest notices to be taped to their lobby walls: posters reading “THIS IS THE FACE OF A KILLER” and purporting to feature the cop who accidentally shot dead an unarmed civilian in a stairwell.
Officer Peter Liang “ambushed and murdered 28-year-old Akai Gurley in front of his girlfriend in cold blood,” read the posters, hung seven floors down from where Gurley was killed.
Additional posters purportedly show pictures of Liang, accused Staten Island chokehold cop Daniel Pantaleo and Ferguson, Mo., Officer Darren Wilson, who is awaiting a grand-jury determination in the ­fatal shooting of unarmed teen Michael Brown.

It's time to pull out of NYC and Ferguson...it's not worth anymore American lives.

I'll be on the roof, can I haz evac?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:33:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just heard the cop in the wanted posters they are posting is the wrong asian cop. I guess they all do look alike.
View Quote

LOL,  so true
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Paris-dakar is right about the projects.

In NYC, fully 10 percent of apt.'s are gov't-funded.

Imagine if they were all, say, above 125th street?

How much nicer would the rest of the city have been?

ETA: quoted the wrong person
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#7]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
"Living in fear at the dark and deadly hellhole houses"

Dark hallways, a lack of security cameras and spotty elevator service are par for the course in Brooklyn’s notorious Louis H. Pink Houses, which tenants say is completely neglected by the city.

“The lights are always out, for the past three years,” said Angela Moore, who shakes her keys in the hallway so people can hear her coming. “It’s like a dark tube.”
Veronica Newsome, a seventh-floor tenant said, “I have a 19-year-old grandson, and I’m scared to death.”

Patrolling that sounds like something from an Alien movie.

In fact a portable flamethrower would probably work well there, it would at least have the effect of partially sanitizing the feces-encrusted surfaces.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In fact a portable flamethrower would probably work well there, it would at least have the effect of partially sanitizing the feces-encrusted surfaces.
View Quote

Hey at least this guy had a partner. I had to do it solo when I was a rookie. Luckily some housing cops took pity on me and made me a key to the record rooms in the area projects.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:44:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Talking to your union delegate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Both officers were taken to Jamaica Hospital, where they were treated for tinnitus.

What is the treatment for that

Talking to your union delegate.

Funny talking to union reps usually gives me tinnitus
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:10:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Living in fear at the dark and deadly hellhole houses"

Dark hallways, a lack of security cameras and spotty elevator service are par for the course in Brooklyn’s notorious Louis H. Pink Houses, which tenants say is completely neglected by the city.

“The lights are always out, for the past three years,” said Angela Moore, who shakes her keys in the hallway so people can hear her coming. “It’s like a dark tube.”
Veronica Newsome, a seventh-floor tenant said, “I have a 19-year-old grandson, and I’m scared to death.”

Game over, man!

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:11:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hey at least this guy had a partner. I had to do it solo when I was a rookie. Luckily some housing cops took pity on me and made me a key to the record rooms in the area projects.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't know NYPD cops went anywhere alone.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:15:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mid '90s CPOP, solo foot beat. Mine was the projects and a couple of other streets.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You're right. Close the projects and move all the residents to... all white neighborhoods. Gotta create racial harmony and it's worked so well in the past!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wanted poster of cop posted in the projects

Residents at the notorious Louis Pink Houses gave a thumbs-up Saturday night to the latest notices to be taped to their lobby walls: posters reading “THIS IS THE FACE OF A KILLER” and purporting to feature the cop who accidentally shot dead an unarmed civilian in a stairwell.
Officer Peter Liang “ambushed and murdered 28-year-old Akai Gurley in front of his girlfriend in cold blood,” read the posters, hung seven floors down from where Gurley was killed.
Additional posters purportedly show pictures of Liang, accused Staten Island chokehold cop Daniel Pantaleo and Ferguson, Mo., Officer Darren Wilson, who is awaiting a grand-jury determination in the ­fatal shooting of unarmed teen Michael Brown.

Close the projects down and kick out all the leeches of society.

Worst thing govt ever did was build housing and hand out free food and then expect people to actually want to better themselves.

You're right. Close the projects and move all the residents to... all white neighborhoods. Gotta create racial harmony and it's worked so well in the past!!

No, give them Detroit.
Tell them they can have everything that the New Black Panthers are asking for on their website, but the condition is that they are going to be walled into Detroit & they won't get to vote.
We can airdrop supplies in once a month & call it Air Force training.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Gee a Rookie had the ND
View Quote

Why did the rookie have a weapon out and his finger on the trigger?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:16:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gee a Rookie had the ND

Poor training or disregarded his training.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gee a Rookie had the ND

Maybe. There is also the possibility that he perceived a real threat. Or, he got twitchy on a bad patrol. There's not much information.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:47:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Mid '90s CPOP, solo foot beat. Mine was the projects and a couple of other streets... and a firehouse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mid '90s CPOP, solo foot beat. Mine was the projects and a couple of other streets... and a firehouse.

FIFY.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

FIFY.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY.

Thank god, those guys were lifesavers.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gee a Rookie had the ND

At what point does the DoJ come in and do the whole Consent Decree thing?  I've seen them do it other departments for far less serious things.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:49:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

At what point does the DoJ come in and do the whole Consent Decree thing? I've seen them do it other departments for far less serious things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gee a Rookie had the ND

At what point does the DoJ come in and do the whole Consent Decree thing? I've seen them do it other departments for far less serious things.

No idea, they already have a federal monitor.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:35:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Brooklyn Borough President (retired NYPD) urges NYPD and NYCHA changes

Adams also recommends that rookie NYPD officers should be accompanied by a seasoned officer for their first six months on patrol to attain a better understanding of firearm control.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:20:51 PM EDT
[#23]
City Councilman calls for cop to be charged

He doesn't believe that rookie officers should be patrolling high-crime areas like Liang was.

"It's unfair to the rookie officers," he said.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:57:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Charles Barron weighs in

A Brooklyn firebrand demanded Monday that the rookie cop who fatally shot an unarmed man in a darkened housing project stairwell be charged with a crime.

“This was not an accident,” Assemblyman-elect Charles Barron said. “It was a crime. He should be indicted and brought before a court and I believe convicted and thrown under the jail for taking the life of an innocent young man.”

Barron, who on Saturday led a noisy demonstration outside the NYPD’s 75th Precinct stationhouse, was referring to probationary Officer Peter Liang.

Standing beside Barron was Melissa Butler, girlfriend of the 28-year-old victim, Akai Gurley. She was wearing a T-shirt that said, "Don't shoot. I'm black."
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Maybe. There is also the possibility that he perceived a real threat. Or, he got twitchy on a bad patrol. There's not much information.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gee a Rookie had the ND

Him and his union rep are still working on the story.

Link Posted: 12/5/2014 10:06:29 AM EDT
[#26]
At least the kid did something right, though I might have called the ambulance first.

Cop texted his union delegate as man lay dying

While Akai Gurley was dying in a darkened stairwell at a Brooklyn housing development, the cop who fired the fatal bullet was texting his union representative, sources told the Daily News.

Right after rookie cop Peter Liang discharged a single bullet that struck Gurley, 28, he and his partner Shaun Landau were incommunicado for more than six and a half minutes, sources said Thursday.

In the critical moments after the Nov. 20 shooting, the cops’ commanding officer and an emergency operator — responding to a 911 call from a neighbor and knowing the duo was in the area — tried to reach them in vain, sources said.

“That’s showing negligence,” said a law enforcement source of the pair’s decision to text their union rep before making a radio call for help.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
At least the kid did something right, though I might have called the ambulance first.

View Quote

LOL.

Link Posted: 12/5/2014 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Mid '90s CPOP, solo foot beat. Mine was the projects and a couple of other streets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn!!
You deserve a fucking medal.
You had it a lot worse than I ever thought.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 10:57:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 11:03:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

LOL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.

Link Posted: 12/5/2014 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top