Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:21:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He's adopted his 8 year old neighbor girl as his girlfriend.  They are ridiculously cute together.

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt122/caboose314/1_zps8e0f2306.jpg

I told the breeder I want the next dog they retire!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used to be in the "Any grown man could whoop a dogs ass if he keeps his cool and fights" camp, but then I met Officer Dingo.  

Dingo (a Belgian Mal) is now retired and living with my friend, but in his previous life he was with Phoenix PD and Denver SWAT.  He is 75lbs of pure bred fuck-you-up.  Even with protective gear on it's scary doing bite training with him.  He's helicopter trained, he can climb up and down ladders, and he doesn't flinch around flashbangs or gunfire (I got to watch him do a tactical demo by his former SWAT handler).  The dog is calm as a bomb until given the command to go into full apeshit mode.

A dog like him would have fucked that guy up.

Dingo likes belly rubs from kids as well doesn't he

He's adopted his 8 year old neighbor girl as his girlfriend.  They are ridiculously cute together.

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt122/caboose314/1_zps8e0f2306.jpg

I told the breeder I want the next dog they retire!

Don't make not trouble there won't be no trouble is the mindset of any good working dog
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:21:33 PM EDT
[#2]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do they hit attack dogs during training?

Kinda sorta yes.  There are a couple of professional trainers that frequent this forum and hopefully they chime in.  They don't hit to injure if that is what you are asking.  Or do full out body slams on dogs.

I try to beat the shit out of my dog in training. Training is the time to test the dog. Not on the street.
But mines not a WH dog. Midnight patrol here.

So you do full blown kicks to your dog and pick him up and throw him on to the ground?

Right.  Sure you do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LgIM3tdojI

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:24:54 PM EDT
[#3]
You really used THAT video to prove the point that the trainer was fighting off the dog?  You have got to be shitting me.  The guy was giving it maybe 10%.  

The harshest defense was a half knee to the dog.    There were multiple times he could have picked the dog up and tossed him.  There were multiple times he could have punched the dog.  There were multiple times he could have kicked the dog in it's head.  Or ribs.

But he hugged it and gave 2 seconds worth of half knees.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:25:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
i'll add that the dogs still did exactly what they were supposed to do, i think the surprise is the guy fighting them more than anything
View Quote

That's a very good point.  

The crazy dude fought like hell briefly.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:28:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You really used THAT video to prove the point that the trainer was fighting off the dog?  You have got to be shitting me.  The guy was giving it maybe 10%.  

The harshest defense was a half knee to the dog.  
View Quote

Busy at work and did not have time to look for a better one. The "best" ones of testing dogs are NOT public on youtube. The point was GOOD vendors do test the dogs.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:32:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Busy at work and did not have time to look for a better one. The "best" ones of testing dogs are NOT public on youtube. The point was GOOD vendors do test the dogs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honest question.

Do you believe that the white house sec. dogs weren't tested?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:35:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Honest question.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Honest question.

Do you know what they were trained to do?

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:36:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honest question.

In the other white house thread previous to this event, the insiders all claimed that the guy was lucky dogs weren't present.

Now we have dogs.  That aggressively ran towards the runner.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I have no way of knowing if they were tested and to what degree, or how often they are currently being trained or what there standards are. I do know the first dog had a shitty entry and did not want to be their in the fight. I do see shitty police dogs all the time.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:38:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have no way of knowing if they were tested and to what degree, or how often they are currently being trained or what there standards are. I do know the first dog had a shitty entry and did not want to be their in the fight. I do see shitty police dogs all the time.
View Quote

0 for 2 this time.

Or we can just admit that the real job of the dog was achieved.  As proven, others won't admit to that. Oh well.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:38:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok, this was a good excuse to educate myself on the breed. So I've been reading up on the breed malinois and have to admit I am impressed by what I am reading. I just think that one of the two dogs we saw in that video might not be too well suited for the job:
1. Jordan is a 5 year old tan and black malinois and jmho is just not confident/fearless enough for that job. Either the training was too soft on him or his personality is just not suited for that role. There is no way on earth that that stupid kick should have in any way deterred that dog. I'd retire him or move him to duty that doesn't require a lay down your life attitude.
2. Hurricane I think did a good job considering he was handicapped by having a long leash attached to him the entire time. No fear displayed and he did knock the guy down on the initial surge. Just wasn't strong enough to keep the guy down solo which isn't so much a bad on him as it is a limitation of the breed being 65-75lb vs 90-100lb for a german shepherd.

That leads me to my thought that I personally would rather have german shepards for that type of scenario. I can assure you that skinny punk would not have been throwing a GSD around nearly as easily as the malinois and had they sent 2 german shepherds on him... he would have certainly been on the ground and locked down.

I have to say that given what I've seen with the two fence jumpers plus what happened in Canada... I'd be beefing up the white house if I was them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The harshest defense was a half knee to the dog.    There were multiple times he could have picked the dog up and tossed him.  There were multiple times he could have punched the dog.  There were multiple times he could have kicked the dog in it's head.  Or ribs.

View Quote

Yeah that was pretty lame, obvious that the guy was taking it very easy and could have fucked up that dog anytime he wanted to. I've had big aggressive dogs all my life, have zero fear of them and well aware of how to hurt them bad if need be. With that mindset and experience, most dogs aren't shit.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:42:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't buy too much into the Mal vs GSD pissing contest
either breed will excel at it's task if it is of sound mind and body AND TRAINED / handled correct for the dog

they are like people each one is unique it's up to the handler to bring out the best in the dog
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:46:17 PM EDT
[#15]
It's bad enough the SS doesn't give a shit, but even the dogs won't fight for that asshole in the WH. FBH0
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:49:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

0 for 2 this time.

Or we can just admit that the real job of the dog was achieved.  As proven, others won't admit to that. Oh well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

0 for 2 this time.

0 for 2 ? LOL, how the fuck would I be privy to how the secret service tested, trained and maintained training on these two specific dogs? I do know from my experience training PSA to a level 3 that the first dog sucked and had a shitty entry and did not reengage. If the first dog "did his job" he would have engaged the perp and stayed engaged.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:54:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dogs have an extremely high tolerance to pain. You could have done all of those things and worst to a well trained dog. It's still going for ya!

I've  watched attacking dogs beat with a bat and they just keep attacking.

Even if your the baddest ass dog fighter in the history of bad ass dog fighters, he only needs to keep you occupied for 30sec or less
and then the handler (or others) are on you like flies to shit with guns pointed in your face. Game over.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:56:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honest question.

Probably to sniff out "Tea-Baggers" and other such people who have jobs.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
either breed will excel at it's task if it is of sound mind and body AND TRAINED / handled correct for the dog

they are like people each one is unique it's up to the handler to bring out the best in the dog
View Quote

maybe but if I had to choose... I'd sure rather have GSD for whitehouse role. I've been around german shepherds my entire life  and compared to the examples of mals I have seen in use at wh and in the vids posted... there is a big size and weight difference between the two. My brothers GSD is 100lb and it makes those mals on duty at the whitehouse look outright tiny. I'm thinking adding at least one GSD would be a prudent thing to do. Leave the mals for chasing down runners but use the GSD for someone who tries to stand their ground.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:02:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

maybe but if I had to choose... I'd sure rather have GSD for whitehouse role. I've been around german shepherds my entire life  and compared to the examples of mals I have seen in use at wh and in the vids posted... there is a big size and weight difference between the two. My brothers GSD is 100lb and it makes those mals on duty at the whitehouse look outright tiny. I'm thinking adding at least one GSD would be a prudent thing to do. Leave the mals for chasing down runners but use the GSD for someone who tries to stand their ground.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be crude its like saying <insert color> people are better at this task  there may be some truth in the bias but all working breed 70-100lb dogs have the ability to do the same tasks thats my opinion
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:03:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
0 for 2 ? LOL, how the fuck would I be privy to how the secret service tested, trained and maintained training on these two specific dogs? I do know from my experience training PSA to a level 3 that the first dog sucked and had a shitty entry and did not reengage. If the first dog "did his job" he would have engaged the perp and stayed engaged.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

0 for 2 this time.

Another one, do you know what the dog"s job is ? Or what he was commanded to do?

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a 55 pound female Mal that will ruin your life. She's sweet as can be, calm, very gentle almost annoyingly so and a little needy for hugs. However on a suit, she'll climb you and because she's so light, just keeps hanging on.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Any grown ass man should be able to defend himself successfully from a one on one german shepherd/Malinois attack when out in the open.

The second you get scared is the second that the dog gets the upper hand.  
View Quote

sir you are delisional.  

A well trained dog is intimidating as fuck.  I went to a class with some of my buddies and it made the hair stand up on my neck.  

It was awesome as fuck and I have a huge amount respect for the dogs and trainers.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:21:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Another one, do you know what the dog"s job is ? Or what he was commanded to do?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

0 for 2 this time.

Yea, do you? A decent entry would look more committed like this one.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The plane ticket home.  Im sure its possible. Im just saying that out of 10 times you wont react fast enough or stop the dog most of the times and youll get bit. Im around Mals and Dutch Shepherds a lot and I know you can fight them off but without a suit you will bleed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any grown ass man should be able to defend himself successfully from a one on one german shepherd/Malinois attack when out in the open.

You busy this Sunday? We have bite-work starting at 11.

What are the charges against me if I hurt the dog?  

The plane ticket home.  Im sure its possible. Im just saying that out of 10 times you wont react fast enough or stop the dog most of the times and youll get bit. Im around Mals and Dutch Shepherds a lot and I know you can fight them off but without a suit you will bleed.

There is at least one verified account of a man killing a leopard with his bare hands after being attacked. A single dog can certainly injure you badly, but unless there are multiples any grown man should be physically capable of killing a dog with his bare hands. Big difference between "getting bit" and "losing the fight." Me personally I'd prefer to avoid ever getting bit, but at the same time I have every confidence that if I was out with my kid and a feral dog attacked her I would kill that dog. Probably get chewed on but the dog would still be dead.

ETA: I think people are talking at cross purposes here. No one is disputing that a good, properly bite trained dog will severely injure anyone the dog is turned loose on. No one is disputing that the dog will degrade the capabilities of the person it attacks, or keep the person occupied until the handler gets there to subdue him. But what a few people are saying is that, one on one, even the best and best trained 70-100lb working dog will be killed in a straight up fight with an unarmed man as long as the man is willing to stand his ground and fight. I suppose a very fast dog trained to go for the face and neck would have a lot better chance, but afaik no bite work training is ever done to teach that.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Rottwielers.  Anything else isn't getting serious.

When I first moved to VA there was a series of articles in the Richmond Times Dispatch about Virginia Beach police and their quest to replace their German Shepherds.  They were tired of their German Shepherds getting their asses kicked/getting hurt when trying to catch/apprehend perps.

They got rid of the GS and got rotts.  Then the problem was every time - every single time - they turned the rotts loose on someone they had to escort them to the hospital for surgery/broken bones.  They eventually went back to smaller weaker dogs and got rid of the rottweilers to keep from having suspects injured every time the big dogs got a hold of someone.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Rottwielers.  Anything else isn't getting serious.

When I first moved to VA there was a series of articles in the Richmond Times Dispatch about Virginia Beach police and their quest to replace their German Shepherds.  They were tired of their German Shepherds getting their asses kicked/getting hurt when trying to catch/apprehend perps.

They got rid of the GS and got rotts.  Then the problem was every time - every single time - they turned the rotts loose on someone they had to escort them to the hospital for surgery/broken bones.  They eventually went back to smaller weaker dogs and got rid of the rottweilers to keep from having suspects injured every time the big dogs got a hold of someone.
View Quote

By policy in most agencies a hospital trip is automatic every time a K9 is deployed and makes contact  

GSD/Mal/Turuv/Rott  all have about the same ability and advantages
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I would think Mals would be best for quick apprehension. I have worn the bite suit with my Malinois and another being sent at the same time and I was toast.

.GOV, I am disappoint.

http://wpmedia.news.nationalpost.com/2014/10/white-house-k9.jpg?w=620
View Quote

I've worn a bite suit too and fighting 2 good dogs is loosing game in short order.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:44:58 PM EDT
[#30]
I suspect that since the guy seems to be a nut-job (maybe with retard strength) he would have fought any dog sent against him. Most sane people would beat a hasty retreat once they "released the hounds".

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a reason KNPV Mals and Dutchy's dominate in this application. Having said that the first dog sucked.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

for a few seconds then after that you should be screaming..

"GET IT OFFFFFFF'
"GGGGEETTTTT ITTTTTTTTTTT...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh"

I'm 230lbs and been a professional trainer for almost 30 years for ScH, Police K9 and Retriever Hunting dogs. fighting a trained dog isn't like playing around in the yard with a family dog.

i've had so many seperated shoulder and other injuries that I had to let the K9 training stuff go. 10 years of it wrecked my upper body. even with a bite suit you still get hurt sometimes.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:50:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You have never encountered a devoted well trained  working dog
retard + old man strong squared with a dash of pissed of woman is the best way to describe it

Seriously dude even if you think you are the baddest motherfucker and pimp slapped leroy brown

a good working dog will fuck you up regardless of your confidence
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

retard + old man strong squared with a dash of pissed of woman is the best way to describe it

Seriously dude even if you think you are the baddest motherfucker and pimp slapped leroy brown

I use to take people i worked with at the hospital who talked big out to the training center and make bets with them.
i never saw them win. most were stunned by the initial hit and were scared shitless when the biting and shaking took over.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:54:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

"GET IT OFFFFFFF'

I'm 230lbs and been a professional trainer for almost 30 years for ScH, Police K9 and Retriever Hunting dogs. fighting a trained dog isn't like playing around in the yard with a family dog.

i've had so many seperated shoulder and other injuries that I had to let the K9 training stuff go. 10 years of it wrecked my upper body. even with a bite suit you still get hurt sometimes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"GET IT OFFFFFFF'

I Decoy myself, most folks have no idea how hard a good dog bites. Even in a suit it can hurt like hell and leave big purple and red marks.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:54:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I use to take people i worked with at the hospital who talked big out to the training center and make bets with them.
i never saw them win. most were stunned by the initial hit and were scared shitless when the biting and shaking took over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And if they weren't scared, but fought determinedly?

Serious question, you're out walking with your kid and through some random happenstance one of those dogs is turned loose on you. Let's say you have no knives/guns/clubs etc on you.

Would you kill the dog, or would the dog kill you?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:55:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

"GET IT OFFFFFFF'

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"GET IT OFFFFFFF'

You allowed the dog to attack you.  You allowed the dog to hang on.  You used restraint in trying not to do SERIOUS harm to the dog.

Not once did you go 100% in fending off the dog.  Not a single fucking time.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:56:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Serious question, you're out walking with your kid and through some random happenstance one of those dogs is turned lose on you. Let's say you have no knives/guns/clubs etc on you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Serious question, you're out walking with your kid and through some random happenstance one of those dogs is turned lose on you. Let's say you have no knives/guns/clubs etc on you.

A trained dog it would be iffy on outcome ..

ghetto trained dogs I would win but be seriously injured

question is dildos as a working dog would not just run up on a family unless it wanted to pay ball or be petted and the handler would be within visual / audio range
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#38]
We should use death row inmates as an annual training exercise for dogs in certain places.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You allowed the dog to attack you.  You allowed the dog to hang on.  You used restraint in trying not to do SERIOUS harm to the dog.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"GET IT OFFFFFFF'

But some dogs ARE tested hard like that in training, and some ARE taught to fight a man effectively. You will not find much on the internet on this for obvious reasons. I recall a ice scoop being used extensively in some training.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:06:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

question is dildos as a working dog would not just run up on a family unless it wanted to pay ball or be petted and the handler would be within visual / audio range
View Quote

Question is directly relevant to this thread, and the question at hand. It's a highly unlikely scenario that such a thing would ever happen of course. But the statement you've been making so much mockery of (and repeatedly shifting the goalposts on) was simply that in a one on one fight between a grown man and a working dog the dog will almost always lose if the man is willing to fight.

If you are a full grown non-disabled man who, in a literal fight for your life, would not be able to disable and kill a 70-100lb dog then I don't know what to say. If you lost it would either be a failure of will or random bad luck.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:09:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Question is directly relevant to this thread, and the question at hand. It's a highly unlikely scenario that such a thing would ever happen of course. But the statement you've been making so much mockery of (and repeatedly shifting the goalposts on) was simply that in a one on one fight between a grown man and a working dog the dog will almost always lose if the man is willing to fight.

If you are a full grown non-disabled man who, in a literal fight for your life, would not be able to disable and kill a 70-100lb dog then I don't know what to say. If you lost it would either be a failure of will or random bad luck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok man
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:12:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Ok man
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok man

Even with lots of bites it still takes a long time for a man to bleed out, assuming the dog doesn't get a major artery. If the person wasn't deterred by their injuries they would absolutely have more than enough time to kill the dog.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:16:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would say stamina and speed. Far more than any human has.

If your lucky on the first lunge to get a weak spot, (maybe a death grip on the throat?), sure.
If you're not, you are now at a very distinct disadvantage.

A 100 lb canine is NOT the same opponent as a 100 lb human.
I would do it if my life, or the life of a loved one, depended on it. Otherwise, the odds suck.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:18:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Even with lots of bites it still takes a long time for a man to bleed out, assuming the dog doesn't get a major artery. If the person wasn't deterred by their injuries they would absolutely have more than enough time to kill the dog.
View Quote

If that dog latches onto your throat, good luck getting it off. You'll die quick.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok man

Broken bones and severed tendons ligaments tend to reduce the effectiveness of any mammal  
Can you break the dogs bones / sever tendons without tools ? Perhaps
For sure the dog can
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok man

The thing is these dogs are not used in "cage match" to the death fights. They are generally used to incapacitate a man while the typically armed handler comes up and takes control of the situation. Could a dog kill a man? Well, it has been known to happen but there are a ton of variables involved.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:24:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If that dog latches onto your throat, good luck getting it off. You'll die quick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. I addressed that in a previous post.
2. Doesn't all common bite training specifically teach the dog not to go for the face and throat?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The thing is these dogs are not used in "cage match" to the death fights. They are generally used to incapacitate a man while the typically armed handler comes up and takes control of the situation. Could a dog kill a man? Well, it has been known to happen but there are a ton of variables involved.
View Quote

No one is disputing that a properly bite trained dog is exceptionally effective at its job.

A few people are just observing that, against a man who is mentally prepared to fight and doesn't run/cower/become deterred by the pain, the dog generally loses.

Remember that this thread was started because of a video of a man picking up and body slamming a dog. You keep doing that enough and the dog dies. You grab a leg or two (or a tail or a collar etc) and helicopter the dog into the ground/wall enough, it dies. Hell, you bear hug the dog or pin its rib cage under you and eventually you'll kill the dog. Sure you'll get fucked up, but again the entire premise is simply that a man who is mentally prepared to fight and willing to accept the damage will almost always kill the dog. A 70-100lb dog is simply not strong enough to resist being manhandled by a normal, fit, young man. It is what it is.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:43:08 PM EDT
[#49]
For the handlers here- Are the dogs collars fit loosely  enough that they would pull off over their heads if the perp grabbed the collar?  It seems that if the perp is strong enough to lift the weight of the dog over his head, that the dog would be in trouble with a tight collar on. Get a grip on the collar of an 80lb dog and you could smash him on everything and anything nearby. He will chew the shit out of you, but I agree that an 80lb dog could be killed by someone strong enough, and crazy enough to try. I'm talking about a one-on-one situation with a vicious dog, not one that has armed police following along and backing him up.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:49:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Even owning a REAL dog is like having a teenage son that is a state wrestling champion.  You had better have established a level of respect early on.  I have had both.  My current Boerboel weighs what TWO Malinois do, and can run down my girlfriends 50lb terrier.  He is impervious to pain when he is focused.  

If a stranger came running into my property, they would be DOWN.  If anyone threatened myself or my girlfriend, there would be broken/crushed bones.  

I am by no means an expert, but the videos I've seen of police dogs, then, yes, if you can think straight with a dog latched onto your arm then you may be able to win the fight with your free arm.  IF you can stay calm.

With a dog like mine, bred to protect the farm in South Africa, not so much.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top