Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#1]
And to think GD was all "pats on the back" for the Scarface actor (60 ish) with the18 year old girlfriend just a few days ago. Now 5 years is to much?

Things that make you go hhmmmm....
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Both the law and science recognize that a 15 year-old is both mentally and physically more mature than an 11- or 12-year old.  Which is why in some states a 20 year-old having sex with a 15 year-old is perfectly legal.

In most cases, an 11- or 12-year old hasn't even started puberty yet.  In most cases, a 15 year-old is capable of having children.  Huge difference.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
5 years isn't a big deal

So at 16 and 11 is totally ok?!? OK so lets assume a preexisting relationship (romeo and Juliet laws) he is 17 she is 12?? any better?? 5 years at that age is a HUGE amount. .

Both the law and science recognize that a 15 year-old is both mentally and physically more mature than an 11- or 12-year old.  Which is why in some states a 20 year-old having sex with a 15 year-old is perfectly legal.

In most cases, an 11- or 12-year old hasn't even started puberty yet.  In most cases, a 15 year-old is capable of having children.  Huge difference.

Is there actually any age where 15 and 20 is legal ? Every state has an age of consent of 16, 17, or 18.

There might be exceptions in some for a close range in age to be exempt but I'd be surprised if it was a 5 yr exception from 20 to 15.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:27:40 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.courts.state.tx.us/searchable.asp
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:28:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Nope.... I've been googling it for a while now and I've found nothing.

Can I post his name here or would that be a COC violation?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:28:04 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:28:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I found him on the Texas web site. It is not clear, but it looks like he was sentenced to 10 years and is on probation.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:28:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The 20 yr old dude fucked his 15 old girlfriend and got caught.

View Quote
It's not something I would condone, but not something I'd get worked up over either.  I'd be more concerned about the sex offenders you don't know about.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:28:37 PM EDT
[#8]
When I lived in New Mexico the local sex offender's trailers burned to the ground about 3 times and he decided to leave the state.  

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:29:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Find out who the original agency was. Call them...ask for a copy of the report. Talk to the arresting officer.

Go from there.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:32:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:32:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Is there actually any age where 15 and 20 is legal ? Every state has an age of consent of 16, 17, or 18.

There might be exceptions in some for a close range in age to be exempt but I'd be surprised if it was a 5 yr exception from 20 to 15.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

5 years isn't a big deal

So at 16 and 11 is totally ok?!? OK so lets assume a preexisting relationship (romeo and Juliet laws) he is 17 she is 12?? any better?? 5 years at that age is a HUGE amount. .

I'm going on what another poster said about his state, and my knowledge of Utah law.

Utah has a "graded" system, where under 14 is considered a child (not allowed to consent), 14-17 are minors but consensual sex with a 14-15 year old within 7 years is only a misdemeanor while consensual sex with a 16-17 year old within 7 years of age is completely legal.

ETA:  Does not apply to persons in "positions of trust" such as youth leaders, clergy, teachers, counselors, police officers, etc.  In those cases, any sex with a minor who is under their supervision is automatically a felony.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:32:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
5 years isn't a big deal

http://www.ageofconsent.us/state-laws/
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:33:05 PM EDT
[#13]
My neighbor's a convicted sex offender. Allegedly touched a 6 year old boy. He let me read the police reports, and court documents.

His case reads on paper like the accuser had a vendetta against him, and used her child to convict him

He's a nice guy, I think his conviction got railroaded because he's gay, and despite him being a flaming (pun intended) liberal, we get along really well.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Find out if your state offers "stay at home" childcare services and register your home (or your wife, or yourself) as a childcare provider (this may require annual license fees).  Once your house gets officially designated as a childcare facility the guy will be legally required to move a minimum distance away.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:34:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I found him on the Texas web site. It is not clear, but it looks like he was sentenced to 10 years and is on probation.
View Quote

Yes, the flyer says he was sentenced to 10 years. He apparently served about 4, and he is currently on probation. He will be registered as a sex offender for the rest of his life. Also, it says his "risk level" is "high."
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:34:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Sonofabitch.......that sucks
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#17]
We had fifteen year old girls....hell one of them was fourteen..... in my suburban DC high school back in the Seventies running with the Pagans, and all people did was whisper.

They were mean bitches that looked twenty eight and could probably already suck the chrome of a trailer hitch

Back then his country wasn't being lead around by the nose by a bunch of yoga moms and  power hungry passive aggressive faggots though,
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:36:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My neighbor's a convicted sex offender. Allegedly touched a 6 year old boy. He let me read the police reports, and court documents.

His case reads on paper like the accuser had a vendetta against him, and used her child to convict him

He's a nice guy, I think his conviction got railroaded because he's gay, and despite him being a flaming (pun intended) liberal, we get along really well.

View Quote

Isn't that just so fucking sweet.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:37:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:38:55 PM EDT
[#21]
US Military law lists the age of consent at 16 yrs . . .
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:40:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
20 and 15, there is no excuse or justification for that. I'm sure it won't be too hard to make the pervert feel very uncomfortable and very unwelcome
View Quote

This

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:40:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

5 years isn't a big deal

Yes, in percentage terms 5 years varies.

60 year old man and 55 year old woman?  Give me a fucking break. (9%)

15 year old boy and 10 year old girl?  No fucking way (50%)

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:41:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
20 and 15, there is no excuse or justification for that. I'm sure it won't be too hard to make the pervert feel very uncomfortable and very unwelcome
View Quote

My dad married my mom when she was 16. He was 20.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:43:02 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Should be the first post.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I almost fucked a 16 year old when I was 21 (and she knew it), it happens.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:43:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
5 years isn't a big deal

Just imagine when he was 3 she was -2! The horror!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:45:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Youthful indiscretion but not a perv so he should be okay.  The safest bet is to be wary at ALL times with anyone.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:47:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

5 years isn't a big deal

That sounds like reductio ad absurdum...but I can't tell which side it supports.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:48:51 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote
I'm ten years older than my wife.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:50:21 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Find out if your state offers "stay at home" childcare services and register your home (or your wife, or yourself) as a childcare provider (this may require annual license fees).  Once your house gets officially designated as a childcare facility the guy will be legally required to move a minimum distance away.
View Quote

That is x10000000 more of a piece of shit thing to do, than what was probably a high school relationship

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:51:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Having read the documents, I don't think he's guilty. He could be, but only God can judge, and I have no reason to treat him like shit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:52:11 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There is a man in my neighborhood who was convicted in another state for almost the same thing, except he didn't marry her.  That was some 15 years ago.  I hope they have taken him off the list by now; it's ridiculous he is still on it.

The guy has a wife, three kids, a house, a good job.  You'd never know he was a sex offender if it weren't for the registry.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:53:38 PM EDT
[#34]
I really don't care who else thinks its alright, if it involved my daughter at those ages, the case will be settled out of court, ie..in the swamp...  I really don't care that G-ma got hitched and popped out 5 kids at age 13 in the old country.  Couple thousand years ago you could walk up and pop anything you could hold down long enough, but that's not acceptable behavior either today.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:54:46 PM EDT
[#35]
If this was a female sex offender, GD would be telling you to send your sons to her house.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:55:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
Most likely he would be safe from that law if he were residing at the residence before the daycare started.

Have a sex offender a block away from a charter school but the only reason he can stay living there is because he had beenthere ten years or so before the school opened.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:57:14 PM EDT
[#37]
You should be able to pull up enough off the offender searches to get the locations and case#'s. Check it out yourself.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:57:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Honestly, I don't believe a 20-YO male with a 15-YO female is necessarily a big deal, the law notwithstanding.  When I was young I had friends who engaged in relationships with more extreme age differences, and not one of them has turned out to be an actual child molester.

One of the greatest ironies of life is when a man who used to do that sort of thing in his youth has a daughter of his own.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:57:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That sounds like reductio ad absurdum...but I can't tell which side it supports.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
5 years isn't a big deal

It was, and it supports the side of logic over emotion.

Quoted:
If this was a female sex offender, GD would be telling you to send your sons to her house.

100% true.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:00:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yes, the flyer says he was sentenced to 10 years. He apparently served about 4, and he is currently on probation. He will be registered as a sex offender for the rest of his life. Also, it says his "risk level" is "high."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sounds a little more ominous than a romeo and Juliet situation
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:01:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This is the most likely outcome and the parents of the girl found out and because their princess is no longer a princess they went after the guy.

Trust but verify.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the most likely outcome and the parents of the girl found out and because their princess is no longer a princess they went after the guy.

Trust but verify.

This is probably the most spot on. He doesn't sound like a pedo but keep an eye on him until you get to know him.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:03:39 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Texas statutory rape law is exceptionally harsh - Two to 20 years.  Felony if more than three years age difference.
http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/PE/5/22/22.011

The same offense is a wiggler (misdemeanor or felony) in my state.
For comparison with other states - http://www.cga.ct.gov/2003/olrdata/jud/rpt/2003-r-0376.htm

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:06:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly. Doesn't really bother me. Dad shoulda just beat the kids ass instead of calling the cops and ruining his life.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:09:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I probably wouldn't think much of it.
View Quote

Pretty much this. I know several 18-20 year olds dating 15-16 year olds.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:13:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Is his first name Wil
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:16:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Possibly.

Personally, I would talk to my Kids about how they don't talk to Mr. Neighbor, and either install a camera system, or redirect/expand my camera system. You now have a location you want good coverage of.

I'd also go look very hard for information on his crime. It's out there. Court records may be sealed or redacted because she was a minor, but there should be something out there.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:18:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Does he like to bowl?

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:20:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Double check to make sure the 15 year old girl isn't the woman he's married to.

View Quote

Was going to say almost this.... His wife wouldn't happen to be about 27,would she?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:22:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I really don't care who else thinks its alright, if it involved my daughter at those ages, the case will be settled out of court, ie..in the swamp...  I really don't care that G-ma got hitched and popped out 5 kids at age 13 in the old country.  Couple thousand years ago you could walk up and pop anything you could hold down long enough, but that's not acceptable behavior either today.
View Quote

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:24:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Attach the mailer on the guy's door while they're not at home.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top