Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:24:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
20 and 15, there is no excuse or justification for that. I'm sure it won't be too hard to make the pervert feel very uncomfortable and very unwelcome
View Quote

And yet...

He still wasn't old enough to buy a handgun, handgun ammunition, alcohol, or in Colorado: pot.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:25:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
We had fifteen year old girls....hell one of them was fourteen..... in my suburban DC high school back in the Seventies running with the Pagans, and all people did was whisper.

They were mean bitches that looked twenty eight and could probably already suck the chrome of a trailer hitch

Back then his country wasn't being lead around by the nose by a bunch of yoga moms and  power hungry passive aggressive faggots though,
View Quote

You sound wistful..........
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:27:27 PM EDT
[#3]
You should be able to find out more specifics. Megan's law websites can be useful.

On the surface it doesn't seem like the guy is much of a threat (20-15...meh).
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:28:01 PM EDT
[#4]
There is a NATIONAL sex offender registry, you might want to check that. You might be looking in the wrong place for his records.

It'll redirect you to state sites.

I bring this up because I personally know a Sex Offender. He was a college-aged Camp Counselor, and he slept with a couple of his HS students, or so the story goes. He was friends with some of my friends, but I barely knew him myself. But he's out, and some of our mutual friends will invite him to things, which I then avoid, because I want to have nothing to do with him.

I tell this story because HE IS NOT REGISTERED IN ARIZONA. But he lives here. (I believe he was, at one point, but under certain circumstances you can be removed from the registry).

I didn't know, until I checked the National site, that he apparently commit his crime in Florida. THEY have him registered, with his location in Arizona.

You might jump on that site and find out he commit his crime in another state, and that might lead you to more information.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:29:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

So at 16 and 11 is totally ok?!? OK so lets assume a preexisting relationship (romeo and Juliet laws) he is 17 she is 12?? any better?? 5 years at that age is a HUGE amount. .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
5 years isn't a big deal

So at 16 and 11 is totally ok?!? OK so lets assume a preexisting relationship (romeo and Juliet laws) he is 17 she is 12?? any better?? 5 years at that age is a HUGE amount. .

Your example is ridiculous.  11 yoa is still considered pre-pubescent, 15 is not.  If she was 15, she has hair or nair on her muffin.

I don't condone criminals of any stripe, but I recognize bullshit from a far distance.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:30:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I really don't care who else thinks its alright, if it involved my daughter at those ages, the case will be settled out of court, ie..in the swamp...  I really don't care that G-ma got hitched and popped out 5 kids at age 13 in the old country.  Couple thousand years ago you could walk up and pop anything you could hold down long enough, but that's not acceptable behavior either today.
View Quote

You'd kill a 15 year old because he slept with your 20 year old daughter?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:32:49 PM EDT
[#7]
15 year old boy and 25 year old female teacher?

Gd:  You rock! !!!

15 year old girl and a 20 year old male?

"Keep an eye on him!! Don't trust him!!"

I love this place.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:33:36 PM EDT
[#8]
According to some here on Arfcom he shouldn't be anyone to worry about.  I mean, he's been released from prison so he's no longer a danger.

By all means, send the kids over with a casserole.  He'll probably invite you over to check out his awesome gun collection.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:33:53 PM EDT
[#9]

My Dad is 9 years older then my Mom.
View Quote

My MIL is 10 years younger then my FIL. They have been together over 45 years and are rock solid. No shame at all.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:34:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow, are you afraid of the dude?

If he's gone almost a decade he's probably going to be fine at least until he starts to get senile when he's elderly. Tell your kids to steer clear of him. If it wasn't forced rape probably worse case scenario is he'll expose himself or something.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:40:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sounds like this.  I don't think I would be too worried, especially since this happened 12 years ago and he hasn't .  "re-offended" been caught since.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The 20 yr old dude fucked his 15 old girlfriend and got caught.

Sounds like this.  I don't think I would be too worried, especially since this happened 12 years ago and he hasn't .  "re-offended" been caught since.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:41:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Had two girls I went to junior high with, 8th graders (14 I think) who were allowing themselves to be filmed during sex with the Fire Chief's brother and his friends in exchange for buying them shit at the mall.

Was sad.

One of the chicks was a blonde who developed really early and was teased BIG time. I had a serious crush on her, but never had the guts to ask her out at that age. Then when it was discovered what happened, my Father who is an attorney represented one of the Defendants. Needless to say that pretty much put an end to that.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:42:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I almost fucked a 16 year old when I was 21 (and she knew it), it happens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
20 and 15, there is no excuse or justification for that. I'm sure it won't be too hard to make the pervert feel very uncomfortable and very unwelcome

At a college party I was hanging out with a girl.... It was going great, no doubt I was gonna score. She mentioned she had school tomorrow, most of us did, except in college we called it "class", we lived at school and went to "class". This alarmed me so I prodded, she admitted that she was a Sophmore in High School.

I was 22, her learners permit said 15. I thought she was older than me! I was sure she was at least 24! I ran like hell. IMO she should have been on the registry, her father should have been on the registry, and every man who had ever seen the 15 year old with D breasts and the beginnings of crows feet should have answered some tough questions.

The problem with the registry is that we live in a world where you gotta check ID and many dudes have learned the hard way. It isn't socially acceptable but when you meet the neighbors daughter who goes to college, but she's actually the one that just turned 17, you gotta check ID.

That's the world we live in. Check ID fellas.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:45:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Totally legal in CO. OP just myob until he gives you a reason not to. Tell your kids to stay away from him if you want, but I wouldn't sweat it to much
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:59:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

http://www.ageofconsent.us/state-laws/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
5 years isn't a big deal

Both the law and science recognize that a 15 year-old is both mentally and physically more mature than an 11- or 12-year old.  Which is why in some states a 20 year-old having sex with a 15 year-old is perfectly legal.

In most cases, an 11- or 12-year old hasn't even started puberty yet.  In most cases, a 15 year-old is capable of having children.  Huge difference.

Is there actually any age where 15 and 20 is legal ? Every state has an age of consent of 16, 17, or 18.

There might be exceptions in some for a close range in age to be exempt but I'd be surprised if it was a 5 yr exception from 20 to 15.

http://www.ageofconsent.us/state-laws/

It's legal in CO. 15 can go 10 years higher in age. 25 is gtg 25 and 1 day isn't
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:03:42 AM EDT
[#16]
If the OP really looked into the sex offender registry he would almost certainly see there are a good many of these people living quite close to him.
No one wants to be living near people like this and doubly so if you have kids but they are every where and the larger the city the more there are.
I looked at Crimereports.com in my own neighborhood and there are at least six here within blocks of my home.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:06:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If the OP really looked into the sex offender registry he would almost certainly see there are a good many of these people living quite close to him.
No one wants to be living near people like this and doubly so if you have kids but they are every where and the larger the city the more there are.
I looked at Crimereports.com in my own neighborhood and there are at least six here within blocks of my home.
View Quote

The issue is, not all sex offenders are created equal
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:12:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Not a lot of "he served his time" responses in here. Any typical ex-felon would be granted that and GD wants the guy's rights restored and record sealed.

Surprised I must say.... well, not really.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:20:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Not a lot of "he served his time" responses in here. Any typical ex-felon would be granted that and GD wants the guy's rights restored and record sealed.

View Quote

Try harder, thats some low grade, 13er level trolling right there
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:24:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

He should have his rights restored.

There
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:24:40 AM EDT
[#21]
I dont know about Tx (im sure its the same as Missouri).  But here sex offenders arent allowed within 300 yards (I believe) of a school, park, daycare, ect.  My wife has an in home daycare.  We wont ever have a sex offender move in the immediate area to us.

If your wife started her own state licensed daycare, he wouldn't be able to live there any more.  She wouldnt have to follow through with watching kids.  Just process the paperwork with the state, county and city.  

It would be a dick move.  But that is his fault, not yours.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:26:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Attach the mailer on the guy's door while they're not at home.
View Quote

In the state of Missouri, the sex offender has to notify his neighbors.  

He was probably the one that sent out the mailer.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:30:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Go to your State Court website. You can look up his case. Most likely it was a consensual thing but maybe not. I have put a lot of 20 somethings in prison for fucking a 15 yo or younger...
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:35:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Is there actually any age where 15 and 20 is legal ? Every state has an age of consent of 16, 17, or 18.

There might be exceptions in some for a close range in age to be exempt but I'd be surprised if it was a 5 yr exception from 20 to 15.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
5 years isn't a big deal

Both the law and science recognize that a 15 year-old is both mentally and physically more mature than an 11- or 12-year old.  Which is why in some states a 20 year-old having sex with a 15 year-old is perfectly legal.

In most cases, an 11- or 12-year old hasn't even started puberty yet.  In most cases, a 15 year-old is capable of having children.  Huge difference.

Here in NM the law is this. For  14 and 15 the perp can be 4 years older than her and be ok. So a 14 yo with a 18 yo, he's good. But if he is 19 then he is fucked for sure.
He can't even go for the "She READS at a college level"!
At 16 the she is at the age of consent unless the partner is in a position of authority i.e. teacher, cop, priest etc... For those folks the girl has to be age of majority.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:54:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Fuck the courts and the whole criminal justice system, what do they know? It is arrogance to think they know how to properly punish people for an act like this, because only the mob knows what the proper punishment is. You must seek retribution for a person you don't know, a stranger you will probably never know. It's the right thing to do.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:57:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This. I would be worried if he was truly a pedo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably that. OP, do some more digging for your sanity. The court docs are public records, so you should be able to find them easy enough.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:17:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I really don't care who else thinks its alright, if it involved my daughter at those ages, the case will be settled out of court, ie..in the swamp...  I really don't care that G-ma got hitched and popped out 5 kids at age 13 in the old country. Couple thousand years ago you could walk up and pop anything you could hold down long enough, but that's not acceptable behavior either today.
View Quote

Thanks Obama
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:25:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:30:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I wouldn't befriend him, but that's me.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:50:45 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm a parole/probation officer and work exclusively with sexual offenders so I feel I can offer a little insight.  But I should preface this with the fact that I know nothing specific to Texas law regarding supervision of sex offenders, so there's that.

The fact that you received any information at all likely means he's still on supervision.  Given that 12 years have passed since the offense, their was more than likely a disclosure by the girl years later and he was prosecuted after the fact.   He may even be a recent prison release as getting permission to move is really challenging.  When someone we supervise proposes a new address we thoroughly check out the area.  Schools or parks near by?  Home day care run by a neighbor?  Of course, not all sex offenders have a no minor contact condition.

If he is on supervision he's probably in treatment.  This is good because he has multiple points of contact beyond his PO.  He also now has you watching him and knows it.  Your "average" sex offender is someone who is very compliant with supervision and low profile.  If your neighbor was on probation with a drug habit you'd hate your life.  Trust me.

True pedophilia is incredibly rare.  I mean incredibly rare.  Your neighbor is not a pedo. Like others have said, she was probably a consensual girl friend. 16 or 17 and he may have been convicted of Rape III or Statutory Rape.  But she was 15 so the DA probably moved to Sex Abuse II or III (or something similar by Texas law).  

In Oregon we do not notify neighbors unless a person has been designated "Predatory" or "Sexually Violent".  From what you've described, it doesn't sound like he has a similar designation.   It may be local policy to notify on all cases.  Oregon is a bit more "liberal" than many other states.

He's in the neighborhood now, you may as well introduce yourself.  Don't have to be best buddies.  I'd wager you'd be surprised at how open he is about his offense/conviction.  Especially if he's in treatment.  

The saying in our office is "It's the ones we don't know about that worry us."

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:54:24 AM EDT
[#31]
So a senior fucked a freshman and you guys raise the battle flag?

Lol.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:56:23 AM EDT
[#32]
call in an AC130 airstrike.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:58:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Attach the mailer on the guy's door while they're not at home.
View Quote

What the hell is that gonna do?

The guy already knows he's a sex offender and he already knows those shits get mailed out to everybody in the neighborhood, therefore, all the neighbors know.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:02:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

At a college party I was hanging out with a girl.... It was going great, no doubt I was gonna score. She mentioned she had school tomorrow, most of us did, except in college we called it "class", we lived at school and went to "class". This alarmed me so I prodded, she admitted that she was a Sophmore in High School.

I was 22, her learners permit said 15. I thought she was older than me! I was sure she was at least 24! I ran like hell. IMO she should have been on the registry, her father should have been on the registry, and every man who had ever seen the 15 year old with D breasts and the beginnings of crows feet should have answered some tough questions.

The problem with the registry is that we live in a world where you gotta check ID and many dudes have learned the hard way. It isn't socially acceptable but when you meet the neighbors daughter who goes to college, but she's actually the one that just turned 17, you gotta check ID.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That doesn't even matter.  There's been cases where dudes have checked ID, the female provided one (albeit a fake one including a fake DOB), and the dude has been charged with a crime even though he legitimately believed the girl to be of age.

I understand that we have to protect children from people who would do them harm, but as with most things nowadays, we have taken this shit too far.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:02:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I love this place.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:08:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1. I don't think you have anything to worry about OP.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:11:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Many Hollywood couples have a 20-30 year age difference.  But society doesn't look down on them for some reason.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:25:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Twelve years ago? I wouldn't lose any sleep over it but I wouldn't unload the gun either.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:46:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trolling?

Truth.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:30:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Tell your kids to avoid that guy, but to not be assholes about it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:47:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Nvm
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:17:11 AM EDT
[#42]
A lot of you should be ashamed of yourselves.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:31:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:39:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I love this place.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:45:07 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:51:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Is his wife 27 or near that age?
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:56:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I really don't care who else thinks its alright, if it involved my daughter at those ages, the case will be settled out of court, ie..in the swamp...  I really don't care that G-ma got hitched and popped out 5 kids at age 13 in the old country.  Couple thousand years ago you could walk up and pop anything you could hold down long enough, but that's not acceptable behavior either today.
View Quote

The only reason it's deemed unacceptable is because of modern society and our current "perception" of what is right/wrong, I'm not saying what the guy did is right.

If I was banging my current girlfriend two years ago I'd probably be doing time . The guy obviously fucked up somewhere along the line and paid the price for it. I wouldn't be very worried about it unless you have definitive reason to be OP
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:06:41 AM EDT
[#48]
My buddy has a similar problem.
Neighbors  adult son is on probation from the Can.
2 count of forced rape (others came feed too).
He sneaks around looking at my buddy's wife and 17 YO.  daughter and the other women on the block.
He told the guy to Fuck off and not talk to his family.
Also spent thousands on fencing and cameras to let him know he is being observed.
This is a little different than your issue OP, but good luck all the same.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:09:33 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm not condoning nor do I approve of it but 15 is old enough to consent to sex IMO. Wrong regardless but a crime I don't think so.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:10:58 AM EDT
[#50]
My Dad married my Mom when she was 15 and he was 20

They have been married over 50 yrs.

Don't judge the guy to harshly yet, it could have been a girl he met at a party and she had a fake ID etc.

He may have just been arrested for being dumb.

Free

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top