Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:40:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Level 2, hell mine is at gazillionblowyourfreakingmind247365pleaseletthesilencecome level.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:01:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have tinnitus and hearing loss. I hate people that think this shit is funny.

There's a special place in hell for the OP. A place where there is an empty grey room with nothing in it and the OP's eeeeeeeee being played right at the threshold of pain.

View Quote

Oh I already know I am going to hell, just trying to bring along some company

My tinnitus is from shooting lots of guns and blowing shit p in the Army in the early 90's. We never wore ear protection and eyepro was BCG's, if you wore glasses.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#3]
That shit keeps me up at night.
Fans dont work

TV  doesn't work and as loud as i had it, it kept my kids awake. (so I stopped that)

It drives you nuts. Can't hear shit

OP youre an asshole. Funny.... but you are an asshole
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:59:49 PM EDT
[#4]
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:01:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
View Quote
I want to buttstroke you with a brass butted musket

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:06:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

It usually gets drowned out by background noise, and becomes bearable.

Then some jackass has to go and bring it up and now it is magnified x87!

Thanks a lot!
View Quote
THIS just happened

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:06:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I keep the TV on.

I think I have memorized every episode of Law and Order: SVU.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:16:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It usually gets drowned out by background noise, and becomes bearable.

Then some jackass has to go and bring it up and now it is magnified x87!

Thanks a lot!
View Quote

yup this one right here, though mines been worse than normal the few weeks. I hadn't noticed it all day until now.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:17:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I've done an outstanding job of blocking mine out.  Can't remember the last time it bothered me.  Till now.  Dickface.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:35:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't be the only one who hears his tinnitus only when he hears or reads the word tinnitus.  

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:44:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
TV or music in the background during the day.  White noise for sleep.  What I can never enjoy is "quiet"  EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
View Quote

Exactly.  I have to have the radio on to sleep.  A truly quiet room is a curse.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:47:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Mines intermittent.  

So, of course, my yearly hearing tests are perfect.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It.

Never.

Stops.

EVER.

Mines intermittent.  

So, of course, my yearly hearing tests are perfect.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:24:07 PM EDT
[#13]
My tinnitus has been really loud lately. Just thought you guys would really like to share the love!  I haven't slept well the last week even with the fan and my sleep sound machine on.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:43:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Those with tinnitus loud enough it gives you serious issues... please think twice about cranking up your hearing aids, or the music through headphones, to really loud levels trying to drown out the ringing.

Once you toast your remaining hearing, all you'll have left is the weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
edit - from what I had been previously told.  Not finding current info right now while searching...

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:53:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Went to a concert Thursday. Volbeat and 5FDP.  During the 2 hour drive home everything seemed normal.  Even had the radio volume down.

Pulled into the garage, turned the car off, walked into a quiet house.  Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.

Constant ringing with bells in one ear.   Shit that was bad.

Luckily when I woke up it was gone.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:53:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That's really not funny.
View Quote

Fuckers

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:56:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

It.

Never.

Stops.
EVER.

View Quote

Nope....thank you M1A1 main gun

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:00:08 PM EDT
[#18]
It's nice to have a tuning fork/Reference frequency built into my left ear.

Thanks 35 Remington and Marshall Amplifiers.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:02:51 PM EDT
[#19]
It can drive you nuts. I always have fans and/or AC on at night to sleep. Mine is mostly in my left ear. It's impossible to sleep with that ear on the pillow some nights.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:19:31 PM EDT
[#20]
if you got nothing to lose try hydrocortisone for awhile. its an anti-itch cream. I have zero ringing now after using it regularly. ymmv but wtf you got to lose. that ring was driving me bats.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:52:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It.

Never.

Stops.

EVER.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:01:18 AM EDT
[#22]
I listen to a looped rain/weather track on my ipod at night to sleep.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:12:23 AM EDT
[#23]
When I wear electronic muffs, I always double up with ear plugs underneath.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:23:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
When I wear electronic muffs, I always double up with ear plugs underneath.

View Quote

When I go to the range I always double up and wear earplugs under my ear muffs. Sadly, that is when my tinnitus is extra loud.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:03:49 AM EDT
[#25]
For anyone reading this who doesn't have tinnitus - wear your damn ear pro.

And for reference, go to this site for examples of what we some of us listen to 24/7. American Tinnitus Association.

I have something close to example 1 in one ear, and example 2 in the other. Really, really loud.  
View Quote

I have the Teakettle in my right ear, with number 1 in the left.  I think it's the reason I feel dizzy and get cluster headaches every so often.

As far as loudness, I can hear mine when I have my head under the shower, so it's pretty loud.  For some reason, it's more annoying to have the right ear teakettle on  a pillow versus the no.1 sound.  It's taken me years to get used to it, and to be honest I'm still not used to it.  For awile, mine was accompanied by hyperacusis, which is where normal speaking volume appears to be too loud and hurts to listen to.

I also found mine gets noticeably worse when I have food that has a lot of cholesterol and sodium in it.  So for me a few Eggs will touch it off for a day or two, same with salty foods.    Coffee and caffeine didn't affect mine, but I did notice when I had a bad case of poison ivy that Prednisone with Loratadine and Benadryl caused the volume to go WAY down.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:07:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It.

Never.

Stops.

EVER.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:10:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Reducing your salt intake helps, somewhat.

And will somebody answer that damn phone?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:10:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:42:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I have the Teakettle in my right ear, with number 1 in the left.  I think it's the reason I feel dizzy and get cluster headaches every so often.

As far as loudness, I can hear mine when I have my head under the shower, so it's pretty loud.  For some reason, it's more annoying to have the right ear teakettle on  a pillow versus the no.1 sound.  It's taken me years to get used to it, and to be honest I'm still not used to it.  For awile, mine was accompanied by hyperacusis, which is where normal speaking volume appears to be too loud and hurts to listen to.

I also found mine gets noticeably worse when I have food that has a lot of cholesterol and sodium in it.  So for me a few Eggs will touch it off for a day or two, same with salty foods.    Coffee and caffeine didn't affect mine, but I did notice when I had a bad case of poison ivy that Prednisone with Loratadine and Benadryl caused the volume to go WAY down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

And for reference, go to this site for examples of what we some of us listen to 24/7. American Tinnitus Association.

I have something close to example 1 in one ear, and example 2 in the other. Really, really loud.  

I am going to have to try this, thanks!
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeee

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeee

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all. We now return to our previously scheduled programming.
View Quote
How did you know what my ears are saying?   Are you spying on me?

On edit:   OP, that was actually a jerk move.   :(  I was having a good morning, but now all I can hear is my tinnitus.  :(

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The thing I hate most is that each ear has its own tone, and they do the atonal dissonance thing in the fucking middle of my head
View Quote

If you can deal with the drowsiness, Klonopin can help suppress tinnitus.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:09:16 PM EDT
[#32]
You all are a bunch of babies  

Try having Meniere's disease...  

Tinnitus? All day, Every Day.
Episodes of "roaring"  (sounds like you're in a subway tunnel with a train blowing past inches from my left ear) Even though I have one good ear, when this happens you cannot hear or understand much of anything as it overwhelms everything else.
Episodes of severe vertigo (feeling like you skipped the drinking part to complete hammered drunk, while sea sick, while having the flu)  Typically lasts 3 hours, and you feel completely exhausted after it passes.  (fortunately a diuretic has kept solved this part for me for now)

And its life long, it will keep getting worse till it destroys the inner ear & there's no current "cure"  other than killing the inner ear with poison, or surgically removing it, which has its hosts of issues that come with doing so.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:16:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Mine is mild................ for now.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:25:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I haven't found a fan loud enough that doesn't blow away everything in the room not fully secured.  

edit - even the four fans on the Herc don't kill it.  Ringing was loud enough when I departed active duty I could hear it over the flight deck noise during formation low-level.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder how many fans I have worn out since 1984?

I haven't found a fan loud enough that doesn't blow away everything in the room not fully secured.  

edit - even the four fans on the Herc don't kill it.  Ringing was loud enough when I departed active duty I could hear it over the flight deck noise during formation low-level.  

the APU on your birds did the most damage to mine.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:28:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
FUCK!!!!!!!! YOU!!!!!!!!! OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DIDN'T NOTICE IT UNTIL THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!! DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!
View Quote

you know damn well you only wore double hearing protection when ATSEV was around.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:34:08 PM EDT
[#36]
E
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:54:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

View Quote

You forgot the "HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:00:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Mine is something similar to #2 on that website. I am used to it, so it doesn't bother me unless something reminds me of it, like now.

At least my left ear is completely deaf, so the noise is confined to the right ear only.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:03:23 PM EDT
[#39]
That reminds me. Down to 2 hearing aid batteries. Time to pick some up.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:54:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

And for reference, go to this site for examples of what we some of us listen to 24/7.  American Tinnitus Association.

I have something close to example 1 in one ear, and example 2 in the other.  Really, really loud.    
View Quote

Mine is kind of a 3/6 combo. Too many years not wearing era pro in machine shops, shooting without plugs when I was younger (and a couple times I forgot them when I was well old enough to know better ). I guess Dad was right after all.

*ETA*
Occasionally my right ear just plain turns off (mostly) and stops working altogether for a couple minutes. It's kinda nice not having to hear the eeeeeeeeee thing for a few minutes but that gets offset by the sensation of a non-functional ear. Not a pleasant experience.

Taking a shower I stop hearing it and it usually calms it down for a little while afterwards.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:57:03 PM EDT
[#42]
I remember one thread where some clown said something like "why don't you have the surgery?"....................

EVERYONE in the thread was like "what surgery".

Poster was full of shit.

Talk about disappointed.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:17:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It.

Never.

Stops.

EVER.

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:44:29 AM EDT
[#44]
The ringing is one thing... what bothers me is when one ear suddenly goes deaf for a few seconds and then rings like a banshee for a minute or so, then goes back to its barely tolerable level of: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Learning to shoot .40 cal at an indoor range with only foam plugs is what did it for me.  Only now they tell me that lots of sound is transmitted through your lower jaw up near your eardrum.  Where the hell was Dr. Mandible back in 2004?!?!
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:53:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Mine comes and goes. It's not real bad (yet).
View Quote

4000 Hz.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:15:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
if you got nothing to lose try hydrocortisone for awhile. its an anti-itch cream. I have zero ringing now after using it regularly. ymmv but wtf you got to lose. that ring was driving me bats.
View Quote

Orally?

Suppository?

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:20:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

And for reference, go to this site for examples of what we some of us listen to 24/7.  American Tinnitus Association.

I have something close to example 1 in one ear, and example 2 in the other.  Really, really loud.    
View Quote

Play all of them at once for maximum insanity.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:30:14 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No thanks.  Two different frequencies competing for space in my head is already bad enough.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:46:09 PM EDT
[#50]
I have it in both ears, apparently that's funny.  I did my damage when I took a friend shooting.  We both had our PPE but I didn't put mine in right.  Now I'm nearly deaf and  I'm irritated.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top